The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default 2012/2013 NBA thread: My Team is Better Than Your Team!

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #2
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,777
Default 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors

I am not a huge sports fan, but being a LA native I (of course) love the Lakers. Can an unbaised fan please tell me if Dwight Howard joining is good or bad for the Lakers? I don't follow B-ball enough to know what is or isn't a good trade. I'd just like some opinions...lol then when I hear the guys talking about this at work I can chime in like I know something....:woot:

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #3
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'
 
The Apocalypse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,541
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors

Nets had NO answer for Melo. He's playing at such a high level this year. I hope he doesn't burn himself out.

The Apocalypse is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #4
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 18,958
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
I am not a huge sports fan, but being a LA native I (of course) love the Lakers. Can an unbaised fan please tell me if Dwight Howard joining is good or bad for the Lakers? I don't follow B-ball enough to know what is or isn't a good trade. I'd just like some opinions...lol then when I hear the guys talking about this at work I can chime in like I know something....
It was a good thing but Kobe won't pass the ball.

__________________
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking......
Docker2.0 is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #5
Poeman
Banned User
 
Poeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In the town with no name
Posts: 11,318
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Dantoni reached out to The Zen Master for some advice after the game.


Poeman is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 10:17 PM   #6
TheGuy
Side-Kick
 
TheGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 673
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Fake?

TheGuy is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 10:39 PM   #7
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'
 
The Apocalypse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,541
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Nah, seems legit.

The Apocalypse is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 10:43 PM   #8
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 18,958
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

K- keep
O- on
B- blaming
E- everyone

Man, Kobe wouldn't pass a hot potato. Dude once again almost out shot the entire starting Lakers lineup alone. In the past, I would dread playing the Lakers but I'm looking forward to it on Thursday.


Anyone see Doc Samson lately? I'm a concerned citizen. Dude has been MIA since Kobe went into
"me" mode. If you are watching Doc, I'm here for you.

Docker2.0 is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 11:08 PM   #9
L.A.
Side-Kick
 
L.A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,640
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Lakers 9-13... Kobe and Dwight might miss the damn playoffs. The most overrated twosome I've seen in a long time. Has any team in NBA history had two all-NBA first teamers and all-star starters, and not make the playoffs?

Listless, garbage ass ball. Kobe might as well hang em up along with Pacquiao

__________________
"I Got Nothing But Love for the West Side!" -The Wire
PSN: NOFX27
XBL: NOFX22
L.A. is online now  
Old 12-11-2012, 11:13 PM   #10
JaD
Thriller Night
 
JaD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 19,370
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by comics View Post
Fake?
No that happened a while ago. Jackson called a timeout when they were up by 30 or something and Mike was upset about it.

Here
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

__________________

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
JaD is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 11:21 PM   #11
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist
 
Doc Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: GammaBase
Posts: 4,241
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
K- keep
O- on
B- blaming
E- everyone

Man, Kobe wouldn't pass a hot potato. Dude once again almost out shot the entire starting Lakers lineup alone. In the past, I would dread playing the Lakers but I'm looking forward to it on Thursday.


Anyone see Doc Samson lately? I'm a concerned citizen. Dude has been MIA since Kobe went into
"me" mode. If you are watching Doc, I'm here for you.
Trying to figure out how Melo can shoot just as much but win lose or draw, its ok. Oddly enough earlier in the season when THE TEAM was playing hard on both ends and Kobe wasn't getting pissed off & frustrated with lack of effort, your mouth was very shut.

In fact, ain't you the same guy with a million excuses last season every time they showed some graphic with the Knicks winning record without Melo? It was the coach, this guy, that person. Now they win some games and you act like Melo changed his stripes lmao. He's still jacking with the best of them, but THE TEAM is playing hard defense regardless of how many shots they get. Your double standards are crazy smh..

__________________
"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather

Last edited by Doc Samson; 12-11-2012 at 11:38 PM.
Doc Samson is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 11:41 PM   #12
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 18,958
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
Trying to figure out how Melo can shoot just as much but win lose or draw, its ok. Oddly enough earlier in the season when THE TEAM was playing hard on both ends and Kobe wasn't getting pissed off & frustrated with lack of effort, your mouth was very shut.

In fact, ain't you the same guy with a million excuses last season every time they showed some graphic with the Knicks winning record without Melo? It was the coach, this guy, that person. Now they win some games and you act like Melo changed his stripes lmao. He's still jacking with the best of them, but. THE TEAM is playing hard defense regardless of how many shots they get. Your double standards are crazy smh..
No sir, I always said it was Dantoni's fault. And as soon as we got rid of him, look what happened. But don't just look at how good the Knicks are doing now, just look at the Lakers. I CAN NOT WAIT until the Lakers go into MSG and Kobe takes 50 shots trying to be Jordan but when they lose, well, it wont be pretty.

__________________
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking......
Docker2.0 is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 11:48 PM   #13
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist
 
Doc Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: GammaBase
Posts: 4,241
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
No sir, I always said it was Dantoni's fault. And as soon as we got rid of him, look what happened. But don't just look at how good the Knicks are doing now, just look at the Lakers. I CAN NOT WAIT until the Lakers go into MSG and Kobe takes 50 shots trying to be Jordan but when they lose, well, it wont be pretty.
It was D'Antoni's fault in the playoffs when Carmelo shot it every time down the floor?

Oh and by the way Dwight went to the line 22 times. The man touched the ball. But if he doesn't turn it over they foul him right away. Guess Kobe should shoot those for him too huh?

Even more to the point, its not even like Melo is shooting a great percentage, he's like 43% for the year, worse than Kobe if your wondering, yes. Melo still takes plenty of shots to get his points, the difference is a team committed to defense regardless of how many shots they get as individuals. You'll learn that one day...

__________________
"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather

Last edited by Doc Samson; 12-12-2012 at 12:13 AM.
Doc Samson is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 02:20 AM   #14
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'
 
The Apocalypse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,541
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
K- keep
O- on
B- blaming
E- everyone

Man, Kobe wouldn't pass a hot potato. Dude once again almost out shot the entire starting Lakers lineup alone. In the past, I would dread playing the Lakers but I'm looking forward to it on Thursday.


Anyone see Doc Samson lately? I'm a concerned citizen. Dude has been MIA since Kobe went into
"me" mode. If you are watching Doc, I'm here for you.
I'd blame my teammates too if they can't hit their shots/free throws. He's one of the best scorers to ever play and can you blame the guy for shooting half the time when this is the stat line:

Dwight - 3-9 and 13-22 at the FT line The guy is 6'11 with long arms and great vertical. He's lazy though and doesn't ask for the ball in the post as much as he should.

Artest - 5-12 so-so

Then you have Jordan Hill, Jodie Meeks and Jamison playing over 20 min going a combined 7-22 and 2-10 from beyond the arc. That's unacceptable. Don't even get me started with Chris Duhon. A veteran PG who can't even dish out more than 5 assists over 30 min. Face it, yeah, Kobe is a chuck but when the players you're surrounded with can't hit a shot there isn't much else you can do.

I know this is just one game but it's the same story over and over with the Lakers. They'll play good, close games and even if Kobe goes for over 30 and shoots bad he gets blamed but it's not really his fault. He's been doing the same since Shaq left but he won 2 chips with a worse squad. It's about the coaching. They have no direction.

The Apocalypse is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 08:30 AM   #15
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 18,958
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Dwight only had those free throws due to hack a Dwight. And his 9 shot attempts? Mostly rebound put backs which count as shots. So yeah, I'd say Kobe needs to get people involved a tad bit more and stop pointing the finger. It's his team when they win, its also his team when they lose.

Docker2.0 is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #16
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist
 
Doc Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: GammaBase
Posts: 4,241
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
Dwight only had those free throws due to hack a Dwight. And his 9 shot attempts? Mostly rebound put backs which count as shots. So yeah, I'd say Kobe needs to get people involved a tad bit more and stop pointing the finger. It's his team when they win, its also his team when they lose.
Wasn't no damn Hack a Dwight, they send the same double & triple teams to him that they did for Bynum. Because of that, he's always surrounded and getting fouled instead of just giving up a dunk/layup. Obviously a shot attempt you get fouled on doesn't count toward your stats so he had the ball plenty, he just only got off 9 clean ones.

They weren't just grabbing him as soon as the ball was in play, he got to the line by GETTING THE BALL and initiating contact. That's what I'm saying, your not even watching all these games but still spouting off after seeing a boxscore & some highlights.

__________________
"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather

Last edited by Doc Samson; 12-12-2012 at 05:03 PM.
Doc Samson is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 05:21 PM   #17
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!
 
Darthphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 83,281
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Docker's Kobe hate runs deep. He records every game and watches them, taking down detailed notes. Do not underestimate his hate.

__________________
"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #18
L.A.
Side-Kick
 
L.A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,640
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Docker's Kobe hate runs deep. He records every game and watches them, taking down detailed notes. Do not underestimate his hate.
You can add me to that list! I never miss a laker game! I love the way there playing right now

__________________
"I Got Nothing But Love for the West Side!" -The Wire
PSN: NOFX27
XBL: NOFX22
L.A. is online now  
Old 12-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #19
BatSpider
Not an S
 
BatSpider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 12,259
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Going away from the Kobe hate (he is my favorite player, so .....

But since the dark days of D'antoni, I am so proud of how much of an all around player Carmelo Anthony has become. If he can keep being this all star team player while making big plays to the rim and having that jumper thats unguardable, he's my vote for MVP!

__________________
*T*

BatSpider is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #20
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 18,958
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatSpider View Post
Going away from the Kobe hate (he is my favorite player, so .....

But since the dark days of D'antoni, I am so proud of how much of an all around player Carmelo Anthony has become. If he can keep being this all star team player while making big plays to the rim and having that jumper thats unguardable, he's my vote for MVP!
I see what you did there and I'm proud of you. Melo is the MVP and It's amazing how he took off when Dantoni left. It's also amazing that both he and Zach Randolph, both guys that Dantoni didn't want are in the race but Lakers fans are taking his side against Pau?! Please trade Pau to the Knicks. PLEASE!!

__________________
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking......
Docker2.0 is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #21
L.A.
Side-Kick
 
L.A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,640
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1



What the **** was going on!! Lmaooooo

__________________
"I Got Nothing But Love for the West Side!" -The Wire
PSN: NOFX27
XBL: NOFX22
L.A. is online now  
Old 12-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #22
Anubis
Sup?
 
Anubis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: The Nile Delta
Posts: 67,891
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Ha!

__________________
Quote:
"Great, now I have to take over a whole planet because of your stupid boobs."
-Rick from Rick and Morty
Anubis is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 11:27 PM   #23
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 18,958
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

I saw that and was shocked dude only got suspended for one game. It was unnecessary. He should have gotten at LEAST three games and a case of the claps for the heck of it.

Docker2.0 is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 11:28 PM   #24
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist
 
Doc Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: GammaBase
Posts: 4,241
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Docker's Kobe hate runs deep. He records every game and watches them, taking down detailed notes. Do not underestimate his hate.
I wish he actually did do that stuff, he wouldn't post the nonsense he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
I see what you did there and I'm proud of you. Melo is the MVP and It's amazing how he took off when Dantoni left. It's also amazing that both he and Zach Randolph, both guys that Dantoni didn't want are in the race but Lakers fans are taking his side against Pau?! Please trade Pau to the Knicks. PLEASE!!
Unless KD gets hit by a bus, Melo ain't no goddamn MVP, at least not shooting 40% he shouldn't be. But I forgot, for Melo it's all right.

__________________
"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Doc Samson is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 11:44 PM   #25
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 18,958
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
I wish he actually did do that stuff, he wouldn't post the nonsense he does.



Unless KD gets hit by a bus, Melo ain't no goddamn MVP, at least not shooting 40% he shouldn't be. But I forgot, for Melo it's all right.
What does Durant do better than Melo? People always kill Melo but he and Durant are almost the same type of player except Melo has a better post game. Don't say he plays better d, rebounds, or passes the ball better than Melo because it isn't true. Durant has Ibaka and Westbrook but other than that, he and Melo are the same player.

__________________
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking......
Docker2.0 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.