"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
Old 12-13-2012, 04:03 AM   #27
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
What does Durant do better than Melo? People always kill Melo but he and Durant are almost the same type of player except Melo has a better post game. Don't say he plays better d, rebounds, or passes the ball better than Melo because it isn't true. Durant has Ibaka and Westbrook but other than that, he and Melo are the same player.
Well I just told you Melo is shooting around 40%, and the way you mouth off in here, you seem to place a lot of emphasis on that. Not to mention KD is averaging more boards, blocks & about the same amount of assists. Plus the NBA has been ready to give him that award and make him the face of the league for two seasons now, Lebron & Rose just had undeniable yrs.

I liked Carmelo since his college days, I already told you I think he has the most complete offensive skillset outside of the Mamba, but it's still early, and KD has been propped up and waiting in the wings too long for anyone but Lebron to take his MVP trophy.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 12-13-2012, 04:59 AM   #28
TheGuy
Side-Kick

Melo for MVP. Lol. CP3 or LBJ anyday.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:44 AM   #29
Poeman
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by comics View Post
Melo for MVP. Lol. CP3 or LBJ anyday.
Whats so funny? Have you been in space the past 25 odd games? He's the primary reason Knicks are where they are.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:39 AM   #30
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poeman View Post
Whats so funny? Have you been in space the past 25 odd games? He's the primary reason Knicks are where they are.
Some people don't even watch basketball. They just listen to what people say on Facebook and run with it.

"Which free agent (not counting LeBron) are you most interested to see with his new team? Why?

"Joey Crawford, From the Heat to the Cavs"

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Old 12-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #31
TheGuy
Side-Kick

Facebook? Ha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poeman View Post
As if the same doesn't apply to the Clips and Heat.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #32
WalkingDeadMike
#KNICKSTAPE

Quote:
What does Durant do better than Melo? People always kill Melo but he and Durant are almost the same type of player except Melo has a better post game. Don't say he plays better d, rebounds, or passes the ball better than Melo because it isn't true. Durant has Ibaka and Westbrook but other than that, he and Melo are the same player.
For one, Durant is the best scorer in the league. He's a more accurate shooter, he's better at getting off his own shot, and he's more clutch.

Secondly, he is a better defender. He doesn't stay back and whine to officials while the other team is on a break.

Lastly, he doesn't get in foul trouble anywhere near as often as Melo.

Durant is flat-out a better player than Melo.

All that said, if the Knicks finish atop the East and have a comparable record to the Thunder, and that's a big if, he should be the MVP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comics View Post
As if the same doesn't apply to the Clips and Heat.
And the Knicks have a better record than both of those teams. And have blown out the Heat by 20 both games they've played.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #33
SoNicRaDiATioN
warming the ocean cold

Melo's playing great and is a legitimate candidate, but he's not on LBJ's or Durant' s level as a player. Never has been. Those two guys are on a different planet. But if the Knicks finish ahead of Miami (which is definitely possible) then Melo may finish second in the MVP voting to Durant, who's team I think will win the West.

Miami is very beatable. I don't like the look of them at the moment. Right now I'd take the Knicks in a seven game series. I don't even think it's close. And you know at some point Wade will have a stretch of games where he's out with an injury.

Last edited by SoNicRaDiATioN; 12-13-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:25 PM   #34
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

This should definitely be a fun game to watch. I don't like Melo settling for a quick three on the fastbreak, but he's hitting them so it's all good.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:27 PM   #35
WalkingDeadMike
#KNICKSTAPE

Melo is going off early in the first quarter.

You knew he was going to want to stick it to Pringles.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:28 PM   #36
WalkingDeadMike
#KNICKSTAPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
This should definitely be a fun game to watch. I don't like Melo settling for a quick three on the fastbreak, but he's hitting them so it's all good.
When he's that open, it's a high percentage shot. I have no problem with it.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:57 PM   #37
WalkingDeadMike
#KNICKSTAPE

Up 23 with over 8 minutes to go in the 2nd? Yeah, this **** is a wrap.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #38
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingDeadMike View Post
Up 23 with over 8 minutes to go in the 2nd? Yeah, this **** is a wrap.
I hope this bites you in the ass.

But it probably won't because the Lakers have absolutely offensive rhythm or defense...

Old 12-13-2012, 09:13 PM   #39
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Yeah, I wouldn't speak so soon since there's still a second half to play. They should definitely be up by more at this point.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:17 PM   #40
Cory
Reek

I surprised ATL might actually be a contender in the East. I thought this would be a VERY down year... its still early, yea... but still... surprising.

Can't wait to see what Danny Ferry does here.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:19 PM   #41
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Alright Docker, let's hear how that whole first half was somehow Kobe's fault lol. When he was 4/9 with about a minute left they were still down by 17. Were 9 shots too many? Or should he guard everybody? How long should he not shoot and watch this happen? Your the man with all the answers, let's hear them...

Old 12-13-2012, 11:01 PM   #42
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
For one, Durant is the best scorer in the league. He's a more accurate shooter, he's better at getting off his own shot, and he's more clutch.

Secondly, he is a better defender. He doesn't stay back and whine to officials while the other team is on a break.

All that said, if the Knicks finish atop the East and have a comparable record to the Thunder, and that's a big if, he should be the MVP.

And the Knicks have a better record than both of those teams. And have blown out the Heat by 20 both games they've played.
LOL! Durant is a better scorer than Melo? Debatable. I'd argue Melo is better because he actually post up, unlike Durant who's basically a glorified jump shooter. Durant is taller than Melo but that's it. They are almost the same player but I will admit that Melo shoots more. Durant also has arguably a better team from day one. And to say Durant is a better defender than Melo is highly debatable. He's just longer. And to be 7 feet tall, his rebounding is not where it should be but eh.

"Which free agent (not counting LeBron) are you most interested to see with his new team? Why?

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster

Last edited by Docker2.0; 12-13-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:02 PM   #43
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
Alright Docker, let's hear how that whole first half was somehow Kobe's fault lol. When he was 4/9 with about a minute left they were still down by 17. Were 9 shots too many? Or should he guard everybody? How long should he not shoot and watch this happen? Your the man with all the answers, let's hear them...
I would but you have no energy left. You post pretty tired. Why kick a man when he's down?

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Old 12-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #44
L.A.
Banned User

Old 12-14-2012, 01:05 AM   #45
Poeman
Banned User

Old 12-14-2012, 01:12 AM   #46
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Hahaaa!!!

Old 12-14-2012, 05:25 AM   #47
Ghostvirus
Side-Kick

Lol! Omg!

Old 12-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #48
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

Quote:

Of everything you said, only "he's a more accurate shooter" doesn't have an asterisk next to it.

Durant is the best scorer in the league* Maybe, perhaps, possibly.
He's better at getting off his own shot* Depending on the type of defender he's seeing, because he's got less dimensions to his game than Melo.
He's more clutch* Actually completely factually inaccurate. Last season's probably the only time you could make that statement. Carmelo Anthony, along with Chris Paul would be amongst the best clutch guys in the league.
He's a better defender* Hard to gauge, Durant's going to see more 2s and 3s where he uses his length, while Melo will see more 4s and 3s. Neither player is particularly good defensively.
He doesn't get in foul trouble anywhere near as much as Melo* Again, because Melo's covering 4s and 3s compared with Durant seeing more perimeter-based guys.

In the foul leaders, how many of them are guys who you see frequently covering perimeter based opponents?

Quote:
LOL! Durant is a better scorer than Melo? Debatable. I'd argue Melo is better because he actually post up, unlike Durant who's basically a glorified jump shooter. Durant is taller than Melo but that's it. They are almost the same player but I will admit that Melo shoots more. Durant also has arguably a better team from day one. And to say Durant is a better defender than Melo is highly debatable. He's just longer. And to be 7 feet tall, his rebounding is not where it should be but eh.
No. They're not "almost the same player". That's ridiculous. We're comparing probably the most well rounded offensive player in the league with Kevin Durant, who has maybe two major facets to his offense.

And your "his rebounding is not what it should be" should have an asterisk there too... that's the flip side of guarding more perimeter based players, he's out of position for the glass a lot more of the time.

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Old 12-14-2012, 07:00 PM   #49
Dr. Evil
Gamora

I've heard that there will be a moment of silence at all of the NBA games tonight.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 12-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #50
JaD
Thriller Night

Seems perfectly appropriate.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
Closed Thread