The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 01:35 AM   #101
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing
 
Hound55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Merry old land of Aust.
Posts: 10,175
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
Lakers with the upset over Charlotte at home!
Against three bad teams and BARELY beat Charlotte at home..............Kobe is showing his value. When Dwight leaves and the lakers are stuck in mediocrity for 5 years, blame Kobe.
...with the Dunlap-led Bobcats trying their damnedest to find a way to lose.

__________________
[/JOKE]

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 01:53 AM   #102
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist
 
Doc Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: GammaBase
Posts: 4,213
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by comics View Post
Doc, I wasn't blaming Kobe's 30pt outings for their loses.
I'll have to check your temperature, that's crazy talk around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
Lakers with the upset over Charlotte at home!
Against three bad teams and BARELY beat Charlotte at home..............Kobe is showing his value. When Dwight leaves and the lakers are stuck in mediocrity for 5 years, blame Kobe.
And for the fiscal cliff. Or are we going to ignore that had Kobe not asserted himself with the team down by 18, the Lakers would have, in fact, lost to the lowly Bobcats. I'd say that's more of an indictment on the team, particularly on another night where Metta finds a way to launch almost 20 shots. It must not be so hard to figure out how to get yours after all, smh...

I guess even though this team was bad we can still excuse Pau going 3-10 because he's still "hurt" too?

__________________
"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather

Last edited by Doc Samson; 12-19-2012 at 02:09 AM.
Doc Samson is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 04:03 AM   #103
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing
 
Hound55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Merry old land of Aust.
Posts: 10,175
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister J in old thread
Curry Agrees To 4Y/44M Deal With Warriors
A steal if Steph's ankles cease to behave as if they're made out of paper mâché.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound55 in old thread
Call me overly pessimistic, but I could still see that deal biting them in the arse.
1. It's 11 million a year locked in for 4 years with a guy who's constantly breaking down (as you mentioned).
2. It's the Warriors.
I know it's only around a third of the way through season 1, and I don't want to jinx him... But I'm glad I'm getting proven wrong so far about this call.

__________________
[/JOKE]

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 08:41 AM   #104
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 18,758
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

It's still early.

Docker2.0 is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 11:13 PM   #105
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 18,758
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Ny knicks!

Docker2.0 is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 12:38 AM   #106
L.A.
Side-Kick
 
L.A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,617
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Clippers win 11 in a row tie the franchise record

__________________
"I Got Nothing But Love for the West Side!" -The Wire
PSN: NOFX27
XBL: NOFX22
L.A. is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 12:55 AM   #107
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'
 
The Apocalypse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,433
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Clips are on a roll. I hope they stay healthy and keep playing at this level. I'd love to see a fresh face go far in the playoffs.

The Apocalypse is offline  
Old 12-23-2012, 12:46 AM   #108
BatSpider
Not an S
 
BatSpider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 12,259
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

I love how the Lake Show looks with Nash

__________________
*T*

BatSpider is offline  
Old 12-23-2012, 12:54 AM   #109
Anubis
Sup?
 
Anubis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: The Nile Delta
Posts: 67,642
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

I love how the Bulls beat the Knicks.

__________________
Quote:
"Great, now I have to take over a whole planet because of your stupid boobs."
-Rick from Rick and Morty
Anubis is offline  
Old 12-23-2012, 05:46 PM   #110
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 18,758
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Knicks are throwing games so Amare could start when he gets back. Why else would they lose to a team of bums like the Bulls.

Docker2.0 is offline  
Old 12-23-2012, 06:36 PM   #111
runawayboulder
Feels like dancing
 
runawayboulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 16,006
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

It seems like more and more that he's gonna start when he comes back. They need his size up front.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is online now  
Old 12-23-2012, 07:30 PM   #112
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 18,758
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
It seems like more and more that he's gonna start when he comes back. They need his size up front.
I've been telling people over and over here, Melo is not a 4. He's just a good player playing out of position. Amare will help when he gets back. We are like 8-2 or 9-1 with those two playing together under Woodson. It's amazing how people want to count that crap under Dantoni. He seems to have problems getting Dwight and Kobe on the same page.

__________________
"9.6 magnitude earthquake felt in Florida. The cause has been attributed to the collapse of the Heat bandwagon."-ESPN poster James Slattery

"Lets all take a moment to laugh at the Miami Heat.

HAHAHAHA."-ESPN poster James Slattery
Docker2.0 is offline  
Old 12-23-2012, 07:51 PM   #113
Anubis
Sup?
 
Anubis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: The Nile Delta
Posts: 67,642
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

So you get Amare back. Then you have a big ass body that will either take too many shots or go down with a season ending injury while stretching before the game. Either way, He wont rebound for s**t.

__________________
Quote:
"Great, now I have to take over a whole planet because of your stupid boobs."
-Rick from Rick and Morty
Anubis is offline  
Old 12-23-2012, 07:53 PM   #114
runawayboulder
Feels like dancing
 
runawayboulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 16,006
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Melo's not a 4 but damned if he doesn't play better when he's at the position. Bottom line, they're getting killed against the bigger front lines in the league so Melo and Stat need to figure it out. I've got faith in Woodson to make it work.

Shumpert is the key guy coming back. He needs to give them big minutes or Kidd is gonna be using a walker by March.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is online now  
Old 12-23-2012, 07:53 PM   #115
runawayboulder
Feels like dancing
 
runawayboulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 16,006
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
So you get Amare back. Then you have a big ass body that will either take too many shoots or go down with a season ending injury while stretching before the game. Either way, He wont rebound for s**t.
He worked a lot with Olajuwon in the off season so I'm praying it helps...a LOT.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is online now  
Old 12-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #116
Anubis
Sup?
 
Anubis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: The Nile Delta
Posts: 67,642
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Hakeem's put together a second career trying to teach people how to move their freakin' feet.

__________________
Quote:
"Great, now I have to take over a whole planet because of your stupid boobs."
-Rick from Rick and Morty
Anubis is offline  
Old 12-23-2012, 08:00 PM   #117
runawayboulder
Feels like dancing
 
runawayboulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 16,006
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Yeah, I heard he worked with a few players other than Stat. Not a bad gig, Ewing needs to try it because coaching ain't working out for him. He can name his class after Dwight Howard....

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is online now  
Old 12-23-2012, 08:02 PM   #118
Anubis
Sup?
 
Anubis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: The Nile Delta
Posts: 67,642
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Dwight should consider shooting his free throws underhanded. Who cares if you look silly, as long as that s**t goes in.

__________________
Quote:
"Great, now I have to take over a whole planet because of your stupid boobs."
-Rick from Rick and Morty
Anubis is offline  
Old 12-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #119
runawayboulder
Feels like dancing
 
runawayboulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 16,006
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

He could just shoot it off the glass, it's legal as far as I know.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is online now  
Old 12-23-2012, 08:09 PM   #120
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 18,758
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
So you get Amare back. Then you have a big ass body that will either take too many shots or go down with a season ending injury while stretching before the game. Either way, He wont rebound for s**t.
Sounds a lot like Boozer.

__________________
"9.6 magnitude earthquake felt in Florida. The cause has been attributed to the collapse of the Heat bandwagon."-ESPN poster James Slattery

"Lets all take a moment to laugh at the Miami Heat.

HAHAHAHA."-ESPN poster James Slattery
Docker2.0 is offline  
Old 12-23-2012, 08:10 PM   #121
Anubis
Sup?
 
Anubis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: The Nile Delta
Posts: 67,642
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Well, yeah. Pretty much.

But also four eyes.

__________________
Quote:
"Great, now I have to take over a whole planet because of your stupid boobs."
-Rick from Rick and Morty
Anubis is offline  
Old 12-23-2012, 10:41 PM   #122
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 18,758
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Not that anyone cares but why is Avery Johnson sitting out Humphries and Brooks? Well Humphries, I get the feeling Jay Z and Kanye may have whispered in his ear but Brookes? Really? It's no wonder these guys have been losing and it coincides with when he benched these guys.

Docker2.0 is offline  
Old 12-24-2012, 06:44 PM   #123
L.A.
Side-Kick
 
L.A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,617
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Clippers win 13 in a row

__________________
"I Got Nothing But Love for the West Side!" -The Wire
PSN: NOFX27
XBL: NOFX22
L.A. is offline  
Old 12-24-2012, 09:47 PM   #124
SolarTiger
Side-Kick
 
SolarTiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,280
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
Not that anyone cares but why is Avery Johnson sitting out Humphries and Brooks? Well Humphries, I get the feeling Jay Z and Kanye may have whispered in his ear but Brookes? Really? It's no wonder these guys have been losing and it coincides with when he benched these guys.
lol, Kanye has zero input on the Nets roster moves. And Jay Z can't tell Avery who to play, he owns less than 1% of the team.

SolarTiger is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 02:26 AM   #125
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing
 
Hound55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Merry old land of Aust.
Posts: 10,175
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
Yeah, I heard he worked with a few players other than Stat. Not a bad gig, Ewing needs to try it because coaching ain't working out for him. He can name his class after Dwight Howard....
Just what we need... a whole new generation of Georgetown travellers...

__________________
[/JOKE]

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.