The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Who Should Be Dead or Die in the Alt Future in DOFP?
Wolverine 35 52.24%
Professor X 9 13.43%
Beast 16 23.88%
Jean Grey 19 28.36%
Cyclops 14 20.90%
Storm 31 46.27%
NightCrawler 13 19.40%
Colossus 17 25.37%
Angel 20 29.85%
Iceman 8 11.94%
Rogue 9 13.43%
Kitty Pride 4 5.97%
Banshee 16 23.88%
Havok 13 19.40%
Mystique 10 14.93%
Pyro 18 26.87%
Sabretooth 16 23.88%
Juggernaut 16 23.88%
Gambit 14 20.90%
Emma Frost 18 26.87%
Azazel 19 28.36%
Only Miscellaneous X-Men Characters who didnt debut in film 11 16.42%
Other 11 16.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #76
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Default Re: Which X-Men Should die or be dead in DOFP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post
She may not be bad in battle but she's got too much screen time for the support her character gives to the story.

I also can't see any conection with the others characters, Jean relationships are with Scott and Logan, Logan with Jean and Rogue, Iceman with Rogue and Kitty, Jean with Scott, Logan and Xavier, Scott with Jean and Xavier, Rogue with Iceman and Logan... but Storm is in the middle of everybody and doesn't belong to any group dynamic. They tried to create one with Nightcrawler but I never understood if it was a romantic or philosophic relationship and it died in the same movie it was born.

She can't even be a real leather because in the first movie it was Scott, in X2 Magneto was more leather than her and in The Last Stand was Wolverine who made the team work, even when Xavier made her his heir .

In the end, everytime I watch a movie I have the feeling that the only thing Storm did was walking showing her cute cape and running up and down corridors.

I want her to die in a epic scene because I think she can be more interesting being one of the reasons for the time travel than fighting and doing nothing like in the OT.

Basically these are my thought about Storm. I love to death all the OT characers but I'm unable to care about her.
That's a good thing no? Halle eating for two right now, I wouldn't wanna start to call the woman a cow. She can hit you over with her Honda CR-V and just leave you there.

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:35 PM   #77
Melapi
Side-Kick

LOL. I don't know what I was thinking. I corrected it

Melapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #78
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
She may not be bad in battle but she's got too much screen time for the support her character gives to the story.

I also can't see any conection with the others characters, Jean relationships are with Scott and Logan, Logan with Jean and Rogue, Iceman with Rogue and Kitty, Jean with Scott, Logan and Xavier, Scott with Jean and Xavier, Rogue with Iceman and Logan... but Storm is in the middle of everybody and doesn't belong to any group dynamic. They tried to create one with Nightcrawler but I never understood if it was a romantic or philosophic relationship and it died in the same movie it was born.

She can't even be a real leader because in the first movie it was Scott, in X2 Magneto was more leather than her and in The Last Stand was Wolverine who made the team work, even when Xavier made her his heir .

In the end, everytime I watch a movie I have the feeling that the only thing Storm did was walking showing her cute cape and running up and down corridors.

I want her to die in a epic scene because I think she can be more interesting being one of the reasons for the time travel than fighting and doing nothing like in the OT.

Basically these are my thought about Storm. I love to death all the OT characers but I'm unable to care about her.
Trust me your observations and concerns are ones that have been noted by many fans and have disappointed them. I'm holding out hope that Bryan singer, Halle Berry and the rest of the creative team behind the portrayal of Storm see their chance to finally give Storm some development. They could make her the leader in this and give her some good character moments. Just because she has to date had no connections with other characters doesn't mean that they can't establish some. And although this movie may not be able to delve into her origins they could at least make her mention things about her past without going into detail.

Basically I think Storm is far too important as a character and has so much more potential that it would be a waste to have her serve as a plot device for the movie. They should aim to give her and some of the other underdeveloped characters some time to shine and to grow as characters. Fingers crossed Singer and co get it right this time. I'm still holding out hope.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
NanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:16 PM   #79
Melapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
I'm holding out hope that Bryan singer, Halle Berry and the rest of the creative team behind the portrayal of Storm see their chance to finally give Storm some development. They could make her the leader in this and give her some good character moments. Just because she has to date had no connections with other characters doesn't mean that they can't establish some.
I don't want to disappoint you but is well know that Halle Berry forced Bryan, the writers and Fox to develop her character before she signed her contract for X2 and The Last Stand. What you're saying was made before and it didn't work, and right now Halle doesn't have that power anymore, she not a recent Oscar winner and she doesn't have any major success since The Last Stand. And you have to admit this movie has too many characters, keep developing Storm demands time and in this movie is going to be almost impossible, maybe in X4...

Nowadays she's done filming, she's back to LA and she said she won't film anything else in the next year. I don't think her schedule allowed her to film something more than a battle... which matches my expectation for her character.

Time will tell

Old 05-25-2013, 05:30 PM   #80
Electrix
Side-Kick

Quote:
Nowadays she's done filming, she's back to LA and she said she won't film anything else in the next year. I don't think her schedule allowed her to film something more than a battle... which matches my expectation for her character.

Time will tell
She's done filming for now. This movie will be filming until October. The cast will be flying in and out when needed until then.

Electrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #81
MarvelU
Side-Kick

It would be cool for them to go with "In this issue everyone dies" like in the comics. Everyone but the time-travelers.

MarvelU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:50 PM   #82
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

I do agree that her relationships with people whom she was close to in the comics are like non-existent and that she is just there, but I wouldnt say she was useless,yea she had some amazing power showings in every movie. Just because she demanded more screentime does it mean they did her character justice case in point x-3, that Callisto garbage was ridiculous. As Nana said im hoping with some years passed both Bryan and Halle have learned some things.

BeholdMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #83
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Quicksilver should die.
I don't know about that.

But I think the Brotherhood should be DONE after this movie. I want FOX to move forward with new villains or a new group of villains.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:39 PM   #84
X-Gal123
Side-Kick

I'm not sure who I want to die during the movie, most of the X-men probably. But I think Beast, Nightcrawler, Angel and the Brotherhood should all be dead before the movie begins. They sort of represent the 4 types of mutants: accepted by government (Beast), solitary mutant (Nightcrawler), rich/sort of acceptable cause his dad invented the cure (Angel) and anti-human, actively fighting (Brotherhood) because if different stereotypes of mutants were killed before the film, it would, in my mind, show that this is a huge problem for all mutants, not just the Brotherhood or something.

And Storm should probably die during the movie. Excluding Halle Berry's pregnancy, from X3 to DOFP Storm would probably be the main leader of the team. Jean's dead, Scott's dead, Wolvie is running off to Japan, Xavier was dead/is in his twin's body/whatever, Beast is doing government stuff, so Storm is really the only X-man who has been there through all the movies without dying or running off, so for her to die would possibly impact the audience, but would really impact the other living X-men because she is supposed to be the leader.

Avatar courtesy of Mr Lex Luthor
X-Gal123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:33 AM   #85
DOFP
Side-Kick

^^^ Oh wow, imagine Xavier's reaction when he sees storm die.

DOFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:58 AM   #86
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

No Storm should not die,unless she was brought back in either FC or a future movie. Also we dont even know whether Scott or Jean are dead we never saw it so there is a possibility that they may be still alive. Xavier's body is gone but as we all know he is far from dead. If you want the impact you say then they need to take both Wolverine and Storm.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:53 AM   #87
Melapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrix View Post
She's done filming for now. This movie will be filming until October. The cast will be flying in and out when needed until then.
I think she's done filming. Past month I found this interview:

http://www.clarin.com/espectaculos/s...898710130.html

Some bits in english:

http://x-menfilms.com/2013/04/12/hal...role-requires/

In the original interview she speaks a bit more about her pregnancy and working in X-men, she says:
Quote:
La semana que viene empiezo a filmar X-Men: Days of Future Past. Como el embarazo es reciente, todavía puedo hacer casi todo lo que requiere el papel

Voy a poder filmar la película sin problemas y no tenía pensado seguir trabajando hasta principios del año que viene, cuando empiece a promocionar el estreno de X-Men.
Basically she says she will be able to do almost everything her part requires because she's going to film in the early stages of her pregnancy. And she also points she won't go back to work until next year. The fact the she's back in LA and she's starting to look heavily pregnant makes me think is highly possible she's done filming.

Nowadays, if Storm or other characters die, they'll probably bring back to life for another movie.

Old 05-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #88
Electrix
Side-Kick

Halle could have shot all here scenes (that she can do) while she was up in Montreal for a week or so. Her double will be doing the stunts, but they could still need her for 'above the waist' shots or shoot scenes post-pregnancy.

Quote:
Berry insists that she “can still do almost everything the role requires,” saying “I’ll be able to shoot the film without problems and [afterwards] I don’t plan to continue working until early next year.”
Halle won't work on anything else until next year, but she could still be working on X-Men in the near future.

Just recently her daughter a passport photo taken, and the article suggests it's because Halle is going to Canda and will be taking Nahla with her (she didn't take her during the previous set of shooting):
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-ID-shots.html

Last edited by Electrix; 05-26-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Electrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:12 PM   #89
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I wouldn't mind if their death scenes are executed well but they have to be careful.

One of the disappointing things about X3 is how the major faces from the 1st two movies weren't included in the climax of the movie. Prof X and Cyclops were dead. Mystique and Rogue lost their power.

They have to be careful on choosing who should die or leave especially in the first hour of the movie. If they killed a new character w/c people don't really care about like Warpath, it would be okay. But kill Storm or Wolverine or even Rogue in the first hour of the movie, I don't think people would be very happy with that, even if they will get resurrected later on.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 05-26-2013, 07:28 PM   #90
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Wolverine.

His death from a failed fastball special is what made the comic shocking. I remember putting it down, and going, "Holy ****! Holy ****!" Considering such a large cast has been assembled, I hope that a lot of them bite the dust in the future scenario, offscreen or onscreen, to create the sense of despair that arises when reading the comic.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:19 PM   #91
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
Wolverine.

His death from a failed fastball special is what made the comic shocking. I remember putting it down, and going, "Holy ****! Holy ****!" Considering such a large cast has been assembled, I hope that a lot of them bite the dust in the future scenario, offscreen or onscreen, to create the sense of despair that arises when reading the comic.
Lol omg after reading your comment i was laughing just like the joker is in your profile pic.

Old 05-27-2013, 01:41 PM   #92
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

Any cast members from the first three movies should either be implie or confirmed as dead from the get-go. After that, with the exception of Kitty, who goes back in time, the "future" scenes should basically look like the beginning of a Final Destination movie, with the original cast being picked apart by Sentinels, soldiers, and maybe even other mutants who have signed on as mutant hounds for the government. I'm hoping the last thing we see as Kitty goes back in time is everything except Wolverine's skeleton being vaporized.

Donnie Darko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #93
gambitfire
Banned User

Wolverine needs to die in the first 5 minutes of the film.

gambitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:09 PM   #94
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

If they do not have him annihilated by a sentinel beam, as he was in the comic, I hope they have Magneto rip his adamantium out.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:15 PM   #95
gambitfire
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
If they do not have him annihilated by a sentinel beam, as he was in the comic, I hope they have Magneto rip his adamantium out.

I like the way you think sir.

gambitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:00 PM   #96
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambitfire View Post
Wolverine needs to die in the first 5 minutes of the film.
That would seriously ruin the movie.

The general audience want to see Wolverine, ya know.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 06-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #97
MakeMinesMarvel
Side-Kick

I voted for everyone except Wolverine. Basically since he's the time traveler from the looks of it and hopefully he wouldnt leave anyone behind in that horrible future. And since the reason he goes back is because everyone dies... everyone must die

MakeMinesMarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #98
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I don't think it would be a good idea if everybody dies, like who would they show in the future scenes fighting against the Sentinels. A couple of deaths could be moving and powerful but killing everyone except for Wolverine would be too much IMO.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 06-22-2013, 06:07 PM   #99
Crimz
Side-Kick

Kill them all at different points of the film (starting with that sorry excuse for Storm) as a symbol of them renewing the franchise. They should recast them all, the only time they shouldn't recast is if they finally get the characters right. If they fail to make Storm a strong African Queen or Rogue a badass, and still make Wolverine the main character, the recast them. I am tired of being disappointed with the characters, there is no good reason for not doing these things.

Crimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:56 PM   #100
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I don't think its Anna Paquin and Halle Berry's fault that we didn't get to see a Rogue and Storm that are very close to the comics.

If there's someone to blame for this, it should be the writers. Anna and Halle are just portraying their characters based on the script and what the directors want them to do.

"'Nuff said" - SM3