Old 12-14-2012, 05:22 PM   #301
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
EW has a breakdown of the trailer. One note, it speaks of the trailer comparatively to other film and television incarnations.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/12/1...ler-deep-dive/
That was a really good read

I know I'm bias but I really do believe thus us the best trailer I've seen fir a film, it shows so much yet reveals very little.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 12-14-2012, 05:39 PM   #302
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
glad you were able to see it!!!

hope I get to see it, too.
It was beautiful! The best trailer of both screenings. Good luck to you on your quest sir.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 12-14-2012, 06:12 PM   #303
StarvingArtist
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
Really like this, great timing between the footage and music. I think I prefer this score to the trailers one, there's so much emotion in its sound, plus it will always remind me of being blown away at the CC footage and getting goosebumps every time I'd watch it.
The new trailers music absolutely works too, so glad they didn't go down the same road as every other trailer these days with an Inception rip off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
*slow claps w/ovation*

Holy ****, that gave me goosebumps! Well done.....VERY well done!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Agreed that worked extremely well, makes me wish they'd have used that music for the trailer not just the CC Trailer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
This was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabilee01 View Post
this is just...wonderful.

Cheers

Can't help it... I prefer the Thin Red Line version over the one we got. Hans Zimmer's score is just chilling. I'm unabashedly bumping for others to enjoy:

MOS - Journey to the Line

Old 12-14-2012, 06:12 PM   #304
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
It was beautiful! The best trailer of both screenings. Good luck to you on your quest sir.
How did your audience react to the trailer?

Old 12-14-2012, 06:39 PM   #305
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Oh there was only a few other people in each theater bc I went to early showings with the first one at noon. The second one at 3 in the bigger screening room where I saw the preview and left only had 2 other people in it. No reaction from anyone in either to anything. Not even any other trailer

Old 12-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #306
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
Oh there was only a few other people in each theater bc I went to early showings with the first one at noon. The second one at 3 in the bigger screening room where I saw the preview and left only had 2 other people in it. No reaction from anyone in either to anything. Not even any other trailer
Ahhh I see

Old 12-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #307
kalhawj
Side-Kick

My favorite shots from the trailer.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:43 PM   #308
TruerToTheCore
Banned User

I have a weird feeling... might it be possible that Superman is not "really" able to fly? Why is he pushing himself from the ground to leap into the air? In space it might be different.

Just thinking.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #309
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruerToTheCore View Post
I have a weird feeling... might it be possible that Superman is not "really" able to fly? Why is he pushing himself from the ground to leap into the air? In space it might be different.

Just thinking.
I've had that same thought. And while I may not like it along with some others... That's true to superman's first few designs of his powers. "Able to leap tall buildings" and all that.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #310
Heat Vision
Banned User

I don't think so. If he can't fly, how can he accelerate mid-air (breaking the sound barrier) as seen in the teaser? It makes no sense at all.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:16 PM   #311
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

in the CC trailer, there was a shot of Superman flying horizontally towards the screen.

also, in this trailer, we saw him fly in space.

I'm pretty sure this Superman can fly.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #312
kalhawj
Side-Kick

You guys are funny... he's not jumping... his using his energy force to change the gravity pull and propel him into the sky... you can see it clearly in the trailer and the photo i posted... Also he is flying through the sky... If he is jumping it would be like the hulk... Also he is clearly flying thru space and the fight against Zod...

Old 12-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #313
Sun_Down
Groovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruerToTheCore View Post

Just thinking.
I really think you're over-thinking this. I'll bet it was just to look cool.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #314
Boosted
Side-Kick

I think Supes absorbs light energy, and he can fly because he's releasing it. That's what's happening around him in the trailer.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:24 PM   #315
Heat Vision
Banned User

Quote:
in the CC trailer, there was a shot of Superman flying horizontally towards the screen.

also, in this trailer, we saw him fly in space.

I'm pretty sure this Superman can fly.
Exactly. If he just jumped, his speed would only decrease in that shot where he flies vertically. What happens is the very opposite.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:31 PM   #316
The Shield
It's really Happening!

I totally forgot about the horizontal shot. It's been a while since I've watched the cc trailer that wasn't mixed with the teaser. But thanks for the reminders. All thoses were great but the one about him flying to zod. That could have easily been him diving down to meet him. But the other points put me at ease.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:05 AM   #317
TheComicbookKid
Coulda Woulda Shoulda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
EW has a breakdown of the trailer. One note, it speaks of the trailer comparatively to other film and television incarnations.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/12/1...ler-deep-dive/
This article brings up a good point. We don't see Superman doing anything simply heroic(ie saving cats).

I'm guessing the time in the suit will be relatively small if the runtime is only 2hrs.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:31 AM   #318
Raoul Duke
Banned User

seems they are giving supes a bioelectric field around him or something. that is how he flies and perhaps what makes him invincible too. you can see when he takes off he kinda creates a wave around him.

Old 12-15-2012, 05:51 AM   #319
dante2012
Side-Kick

The flying looks so real guys! its like you can feel the acceleration and speed in the shots!

Old 12-15-2012, 06:16 AM   #320
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Every time I watch this trailer the beginning brings a tear to my eye. There's something so powerful about a young Clark who can hear the entire world for the first time and his mother trying to comfort him.

If it's done right (and everything about this production so far leads me to believe it will be) that might just end up being one of my favorite scenes in any movie ever.

Free Original Music
Old 12-15-2012, 07:03 AM   #321
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
Every time I watch this trailer the beginning brings a tear to my eye. There's something so powerful about a young Clark who can hear the entire world for the first time and his mother trying to comfort him.

If it's done right (and everything about this production so far leads me to believe it will be) that might just end up being one of my favorite scenes in any movie ever.

It makes me wonder if that scene in the artic where he closes his eyes and just looks so blissfully content isn't a bit related to that... because it's one of the only places on earth where he is not bombarded by sound.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 12-15-2012, 07:52 AM   #322
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Or he's just starting to cope with it, learning to deal with it. His powers and his fate.

Reading that trailer review the supermanhomepage I just realized that what's gonna help sell MOS bigtime is the focus on sci-fi which we're not used to with Superman. Though like the article also suggets this might be a disadvantage to the Superman-character possibly loosing some of his uniqueness with that backdrop. But people love the visuals of sci-fi and I for one really welcome it into this universe. It just makes sense, so I hope they can find a proper balance for it.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:13 AM   #323
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

I agree, there is obviously going to be a fair amount of sci-fi, and it's going to appeal to the same kind of audience as something like Star Trek would, which is definitely nothing we've had the chance to see before with Superman. It's exciting, and considering the amount of people who have wanted to see a sci-fi Superman villain like Brainiac on the big screen, it's exactly what the fans have been crying out for.

But they are also making this big effort to find the perfect balance between sci-fi and reality. They have been talking about it since the idea was first announce, and you can see it so clearly in the trailers.

Yes, we have shots of space ships, energy beams, explosions etc. But we also have this sort of classy moody feel created by various 'photograph student' moments, like the butterflies, the laundry, the pencils in the cup... do you know what I mean?

Not to mention the gorgeous landscape shots we've seen so far:

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*

Last edited by hopefuldreamer; 12-15-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:17 AM   #324
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

great post.

I'm really, really impressed with the look of the film so far.

Free Original Music
Old 12-15-2012, 08:19 AM   #325
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Yep, those outdoor shots make me varm and fuzzy. Completely un-Snyder-like. It just adds to the scope of the movie, so please keep it coming.