Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #351
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJustROTFL View Post
I wish the Budget was a bit higher. I think the CGI could be a little better. The film should have got 220m to work with imo, but I can understand Warner/DC wanting to play it safe after Green Lantern and the previous Superman film.
the CGI looks fantastic and there's still a lot of work to do.

Old 12-15-2012, 05:10 PM   #352
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
I wish the Budget was a bit higher. I think the CGI could be a little better. The film should have got 220m to work with imo, but I can understand Warner/DC wanting to play it safe after Green Lantern and the previous Superman film.
I'm pretty sure the CG footage in the trailer isn't finished

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 12-15-2012, 05:17 PM   #353
JayJustROTFL
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
the CGI looks fantastic and there's still a lot of work to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Good to know.

Do you think Green Lantern and the previous Superman film had an effect on the film Budget for MOS ?

Old 12-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #354
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Good to know.

Do you think Green Lantern and the previous Superman film had an effect on the film Budget for MOS ?
Probably not Green Lantern but definitely the previous film and the failed rejects but it still looks like it cost over 200 mill to make so it better look damned good.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:33 PM   #355
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Quote:
Likely.

I saw the trailer today attached to a 3D HFR showing of The Hobbit and I was VERY happy. The 3D wasn't so great. In fact, aside from the first shot of Clark floating in the water, I barely noticed any 3D, and even then it was weak. The graphics/copy cards were the real joy (for me). Instead of being against solid black, they were set against a steely-blue-rocky back drop not unlike the one in the officially released logo for the film. And when the main title came up, the silhouette of the shield started fading up just as the title started dissolving out, and the shield itself was back lit by a subtle cool blue light.

The mix on the trailer was especially great. The music and the dialogue were all even and crisp, neither one dominating the other. The Lisa Gerrard high notes (like when we see Superman striding across the Arctic in that slo-mo wide shot) were particularly effective. When he took off... BOOM. Great bass, and great levels. The music dominated. I still wish the back end sound design featured more percussive meat, but the drum hits and bass hits that are there are great. I'd already watched the trailer so many times to the point of memorization, but even I got so caught up in it that before I knew it, it was over.

This was the last trailer that played (out of a TON of them) and I think it played well. Nowhere near as much of a reaction as when the teaser played back in July, but that's not surprising. That was an audience there to see a Batman movie and the house was PACKED. This morning's showing was... light. Very light.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:52 PM   #356
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I don't see any bad CGI in the trailer. What are some people talking about?

Old 12-16-2012, 12:42 AM   #357
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I don't see any bad CGI in the trailer. What are some people talking about?
I have no clue. I found the trailer's CGI to be quite excellent and I'm not a fan of CGI in general. I miss the days of practical effects and the use of physical models and miniatures in science fiction and fantasy films.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:05 AM   #358
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

I understand WB wanting to distance it away as possible from the Superman Returns dud but why oh why do they have to put in all this new age choir Enya crap music in the trailer?

Yes we get it, they want to emulate Batman's success by introducing a disturbed serious Superman but that's not what the whole movie has to be about, Supes isn't Batman, there can be some lighter moments without going all campy.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:08 AM   #359
Boosted
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
I understand WB wanting to distance it away as possible from the Superman Returns dud but why oh why do they have to put in all this new age choir Enya crap music in the trailer?

Yes we get it, they want to emulate Batman's success by introducing a disturbed serious Superman but that's not what the whole movie has to be about, Supes isn't Batman, there can be some lighter moments without going all campy.
oh wow you saw the whole movie and it was filled with enya???

Old 12-16-2012, 01:10 AM   #360
Super Kal
Side-Kick

i honestly dont think he actually meant that... i think he meant relatively speaking, because enya is known for her music, to an untrained ear, it's easy to lump all smooth, gentle choir music into one person

i understand what he is trying to get across, though... he simply wanted to hear something other than slow moving music... he wants to hear action based music.

personally, the trailer does not sell the movie for me. the movie will either sell or not sell itself for me.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:13 AM   #361
The Shield
It's really Happening!

So being the semi obsessed fan I am () I made a way to see the trailer again in 3D on imax today but this time looking for the 3D. The first time it did nothing for me and i wasnt even sure it was in 3D. But the second time around was So much better. Also I brought my girl to see it too and she thought it looked awesome! Again like last time it was a small crowd in a huge theater (Most people go to the fancy IMAX 10 north) giving no reaction. Just quietly watching previews. But the trailer looks and sounds glorious.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 12-16-2012, 01:13 AM   #362
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

^ yeah what Super Kal said, thanks!

Old 12-16-2012, 01:19 AM   #363
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
I have no clue. I found the trailer's CGI to be quite excellent and I'm not a fan of CGI in general. I miss the days of practical effects and the use of physical models and miniatures in science fiction and fantasy films.
There is too much CGI being used in films because it doesn't look tangable enough to use for everything despite what Hollywood believes but if there is one chatacter who needs loads of CGI to work it is Superman.

The Lego Movie: 8.5/10-RoboCop 6.5/10-Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5/10

I SUPPORT GIVING BATFLECK A CHANCE.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:24 AM   #364
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Given that a lot of the shots used in this trailer had stuff presented in the Comic Con, after having seen both the recent one and the bootlegged CC one, which trailer would you guys say is your most favorite one?

Old 12-16-2012, 02:07 AM   #365
sup101
It'S oN!mY tImE tO sHiNe!

I like the comic con and the theatrical trailer.It's a tie for me.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:20 AM   #366
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Given that a lot of the shots used in this trailer had stuff presented in the Comic Con, after having seen both the recent one and the bootlegged CC one, which trailer would you guys say is your most favorite one?
I personally think the theatrical trailer was more effective.

I know I sound like a broken record but the scene with Superman and Lois eye embracing each other while the military is at a standstill is incredibly powerful and pretty much seals the deal whether the GA noticed or not.

Modest romance done elegantly is a very powerful tool.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Avvy by Kane

Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 12-16-2012, 02:32 AM   #367
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post

I know I sound like a broken record but the scene with Superman and Lois eye embracing each other while the military is at a standstill is incredibly powerful and pretty much seals the deal whether the GA noticed or not.

Nah, not a broken record at all.lol

It's interesting on how that simple exchange of looks between the two is generating more discussion than per say, the kiss that was shown to be shared between the two in the CC trailer.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:42 AM   #368
Heat Vision
Side-Kick

To me it's the theatrical trailer.

Old 12-16-2012, 03:46 AM   #369
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post

Totally agree I thought that was a superb ending (well almost if you don't include the flying into the vault n stepping out) to the trailer. Very powerful

Old 12-16-2012, 03:51 AM   #370
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

A lot of ppl that I've personally talked to who have seen the trailer have mentioned to me on how they thought that MOS doesn't come off as a typical Comic Book Genre Film like so many before it and that (for those who know something about films in general) they admire the Terrence Malick-like Cinematography present in the shots that they've seen.

Old 12-16-2012, 04:13 AM   #371
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
A lot of ppl that I've personally talked to who have seen the trailer have mentioned to me on how they thought that MOS doesn't come off as a typical Comic Book Genre Film like so many before it and that (for those who know something about films in general) they admire the Terrence Malick-like Cinematography present in the shots that they've seen.
Yeah that's true, it's funny cause people say oh it looks like Nolan's Batman but it doesn't it looks different to that nd that was filmed with a more natural look than the cartoony world of comic book movies yet Man of Steel has a very indie/documentary style to it.

Old 12-16-2012, 04:25 AM   #372
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
Yeah that's true, it's funny cause people say oh it looks like Nolan's Batman but it doesn't it looks different to that nd that was filmed with a more natural look than the cartoony world of comic book movies yet Man of Steel has a very indie/documentary style to it.
Indeed; I keep telling my friends that MOS is definitely an good example of what happens when you put the collaborative minds of Snyder, Goyer, and Nolan into one group. Snyder's Directing and Visuals, Goyer's Concepts, and Nolan's Story Input, and BAM, you get Man of Steel folks.

Speaking of which, I'm curious....with the term "Greatest Superhero" constantly being brought up by the filmmakers when talking about Superman, do you guys think that it'd be possible to achieve within the first film on why he's considered to be as such? If so, what do you guys think would have to be shown from the character in order to do so?

Old 12-16-2012, 04:31 AM   #373
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Indeed; I keep telling my friends that MOS is definitely an good example of what happens when you put the collaborative minds of Snyder, Goyer, and Nolan into one group. Snyder's Directing and Visuals, Goyer's Concepts, and Nolan's Story Input, and BAM, you get Man of Steel folks.

Speaking of which, I'm curious....with the term "Greatest Superhero" constantly being brought up by the filmmakers when talking about Superman, do you guys think that it'd be possible to achieve within the first film on why he's considered to be as such? If so, what do you guys think would have to be shown from the character in order to do so?
Definitely, i keep thinking though if we were to get a sequel I know from the writers perspective we'll have new writers but would Snyder come back?

I dunno, I don't think the GA can accept someone as the worlds greatest anything from one film, I mean look at Green Lantern, I thought calling him the greatest GL in the film was a mistake it's something he should have earned over the course if the trilogy. I guess when the film makers say it about Supernan it's cause he us the greatest hero of them all, he always the one who started it all. However, as far as the films go its something that will happen over the course if each movie.

Old 12-16-2012, 04:38 AM   #374
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
Definitely, i keep thinking though if we were to get a sequel I know from the writers perspective we'll have new writers but would Snyder come back?

I dunno, I don't think the GA can accept someone as the worlds greatest anything from one film, I mean look at Green Lantern, I thought calling him the greatest GL in the film was a mistake it's something he should have earned over the course if the trilogy. I guess when the film makers say it about Supernan it's cause he us the greatest hero of them all, he always the one who started it all. However, as far as the films go its something that will happen over the course if each movie.
Indeed. And in regards to potential sequels, I do hope that all three of them come back, especially if MOS turns out to be the success that we hope for it to be.

And well yeah, I'm just hoping that we get a version of Superman in MOS who comes off as intentionally heroic as opposed to accidentally heroic.lol

Old 12-16-2012, 04:42 AM   #375
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Indeed. And in regards to potential sequels, I do hope that all three of them come back, especially if MOS turns out to be the success that we hope for it to be.

And well yeah, I'm just hoping that we get a version of Superman in MOS who comes off as intentionally heroic as opposed to accidentally heroic.lol
Yeah I totally get that but tbh I think we will. If you see the scene where e saves the bus from the trailer, there he knows he's risking everything by revealing his secret but he saves them anyways, that Superman to me.

Closed Thread