Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 06:11 AM   #376
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Yeah I totally get that but tbh I think we will. If you see the scene where e saves the bus from the trailer, there he knows he's risking everything by revealing his secret but he saves them anyways, that Superman to me.
In some ways, Goyer has definitely taken the theme of fear from Batman Begins and applied it in a new way for Superman imho.

What I mean is that in Superman's case for MOS, the fear that he has to overcome is not guilt, but the fear of the consequences that his actions will bring when he helps someone.

He's a person that wants to do good and must overcome the fear of what society will say of him in his attempts to do so.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:30 AM   #377
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

I hope Snyder gets a tonne of praise for this movie. People are already saying 'this looks so un snyder like' - well maybe he was just a bit underestimated! Maybe he has aways had more potential, but he's a fanboy who loves making 'awesome' movies

I do think this is probably the most serious, real world movie he will ever make... Unless it's so well received that he starts to think 'huh, maybe i shud try that style again!'

Old 12-16-2012, 07:45 AM   #378
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I think this is a situation where Snyder will excel because the ingredients are correct, I think Snyder much like other directors work better when they aren't the ones writing. But ?Snyder's the one who shot it and got the performances from the actors, he deserves the credit for this.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 12-16-2012, 07:50 AM   #379
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

I think it should be easy to put the credit where it belongs.

If the story/script is amazing, i'm going to be praising Goyer for coming up with it, and Nolan (and whoever else had a go at it) for collaborating on it.

If the visuals are amazing, i'm going to be praising Snyder. If the acting is amazing, (especially from Henry, because CLOD is a great example of a director pulling a bad performance out of an inexperianced actor) i'll be praising Snyder.

Seems logical to me, though i'm sure there will be people claiming Nolan had more input if it succeeds, and that it's only amazing because of him

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 12-16-2012, 07:52 AM   #380
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
I think it should be easy to put the credit where it belongs.

If the story/script is amazing, i'm going to be praising Goyer for coming up with it, and Nolan (and whoever else had a go at it) for collaborating on it.

If the visuals are amazing, i'm going to be praising Snyder. If the acting is amazing, (especially from Henry, because CLOD is a great example of a director pulling a bad performance out of an inexperianced actor) i'll be praising Snyder.

Seems logical to me, though i'm sure there will be people claiming Nolan had more input if it succeeds, and that it's only amazing because of him
Yeah that does bug me don't get me wring I'm so great full that Nolan was around to sort the story out with Goyer and deliver it to the studio but I want Snyder to get the credit he deserves.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:07 AM   #381
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Yeah that does bug me don't get me wring I'm so great full that Nolan was around to sort the story out with Goyer and deliver it to the studio but I want Snyder to get the credit he deserves.
I'm grateful too. I'm so so so grateful.

Heck, i'm grateful we are getting a movie at all. I'm grateful it's not a sequel to SR. I'm grateful it's not the JJ Abrhams script, the Nic Cage/Burton fiasco, a black Superman suit, Brendan Fraser as Superman, Lex Luthor as a secret kryptonian, Krypton not exploding, a suit in a can...

There is so much to be grateful for

I think how I feel about the project being handled by Nolan, Goyer and Snyder simply can't be covered by grateful

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 12-16-2012, 08:09 AM   #382
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I'm kind of curious to find out on what the state of the world will be like in MOS prior towards Superman's debut and Zod's arrival. I mean, will it just be presented like previous incarnations where it's just a average world with a few crimes here and there, along with some natural disasters, or will there be some serious stuff going on in the world prior towards the conflict between Superman and Zod taking about.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:11 AM   #383
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:

Heck, i'm grateful we are getting a movie at all. I'm grateful it's not a sequel to SR. I'm grateful it's not the JJ Abrhams script, the Nic Cage/Burton fiasco, a black Superman suit, Brendan Fraser as Superman, Lex Luthor as a secret kryptonian, Krypton not exploding, a suit in a can...

I think how I feel about the project being handled by Nolan, Goyer and Snyder simply can't be covered by grateful
I can definitely say that I was one of the people who kept pushing to see a SR sequel be made in the past, let alone to still keep advocating for it whenever I came across someone who would criticize it because I was just that desperate for a Superman franchise to be going on that I was too blinded from seeing the obvious issues with that take of the character.

In hindsight now, I'm so glad that we're getting what we're getting, especially when you consider on what we COULD HAVE GOTTEN in the recent past, and I'm glad that neither Cavil or Adams were selected to portray their current roles in the previous attempts; would have been a waste to use their talents on those projects.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:13 AM   #384
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:

Same here, tbh I'm even grateful we got Superman Returns, yes it wasn't the best but from it we got the Donner cut of Superman II, the continuation of Smallville and ultimately it's the reason we're getting Man of Steel. Admittedly some hate Smallville but many of us didn't (it also kept Superman in the publics conscience) and many of us had longed to see the deleted Marlon Brando footage. Plus on SRs it was the best if a bad bunch in my opinion and that plane sequence will forever live in the memory as my favourite moment ever on film even though the lim as a whole was a letdown but in the end it was kind of a blessing in disguise.

I am so confident about Man of Steel, I'm happy with everything so far and I truly believe it will be the best Superhero film yet.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:19 AM   #385
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:

I am so confident about Man of Steel, I'm happy with everything so far and I truly believe it will be the best Superhero film yet.
MOS does truly look like it has the potential to be the biggest and best Origin Film for a Superhero yet; I'm only worried that we may end up following down the path that Spider-Man fans did with "The Amazing Spider-Man".

I still remember on how so many were hopeful and excited with the previews and information that they were getting a few months before the film's release..and once it came out, despite being a box office success, it still left a good amount of people divided or dissatisfied with the end result.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:21 AM   #386
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I'm kind of curious to find out on what the state of the world will be like in MOS prior towards Superman's debut and Zod's arrival. I mean, will it just be presented like previous incarnations where it's just a average world with a few crimes here and there, along with some natural disasters, or will there be some serious stuff going on in the world prior towards the conflict between Superman and Zod taking about.
I hope that there are some government/military world issues alluded too, and it would add to the reasons for their reaction to Superman/Zod and Faora. If tensions are already high in that area, and the world is shown to be a place full of cynicism, suspicion and distrust, it'll really add to the huge impact of Supes debut.

Quote:
I can definitely say that I was one of the people who kept pushing to see a SR sequel be made in the past, let alone to still keep advocating for it whenever I came across someone who would criticize it because I was just that desperate for a Superman franchise to be going on that I was too blinded from seeing the obvious issues with that take of the character.

In hindsight now, I'm so glad that we're getting what we're getting, especially when you consider on what we COULD HAVE GOTTEN in the recent past, and I'm glad that neither Cavil or Adams were selected to portray their current roles in the previous attempts; would have been a waste to use their talents on those projects.
Oh me too, so glad Cavill didn't get the gig till now. He's the perfect age for it now for one, and this is the franchise he was meant for

Quote:
Same here, tbh I'm even grateful we got Superman Returns, yes it wasn't the best but from it we got the Donner cut of Superman II, the continuation of Smallville and ultimately it's the reason we're getting Man of Steel. Admittedly some hate Smallville but many of us didn't (it also kept Superman in the publics conscience) and many of us had longed to see the deleted Marlon Brando footage. Plus on SRs it was the best if a bad bunch in my opinion and that plane sequence will forever live in the memory as my favourite moment ever on film even though the lim as a whole was a letdown but in the end it was kind of a blessing in disguise.

I agree, a lot of good did come out of SR, and it did make me happy for a short while, I can't deny that. I loved it the first time I saw it. But that's just because it was Superman flying around on the big screen

*\S/T*
Old 12-16-2012, 08:23 AM   #387
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
MOS does truly look like it has the potential to be the biggest and best Origin Film for a Superhero yet; I'm only worried that we may end up following down the path that Spider-Man fans did with "The Amazing Spider-Man".

I still remember on how so many were hopeful and excited with the previews and information that they were getting a few months before the film's release..and once it came out, despite being a box office success, it still left a good amount of people divided or dissatisfied with the end result.
I loved ASM but they cut out far too much, it was sold as the untold story and didn't deliver on that aspect, I still think that was a poor decision. I think that'll make up for it with the sequel though,

I'm confident about everything with MOS, the only thing I was a tad worried about was Henry's American accent whilst I knew he could do one the ones I've heard him do didn't sound very Superman to me but thankfully since the trailer I can tell he's nailed it. I'm am super bias but I know this will be my favourite movie ever.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #388
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
I hope Snyder gets a tonne of praise for this movie. People are already saying 'this looks so un snyder like' - well maybe he was just a bit underestimated! Maybe he has aways had more potential, but he's a fanboy who loves making 'awesome' movies

I do think this is probably the most serious, real world movie he will ever make... Unless it's so well received that he starts to think 'huh, maybe i shud try that style again!'
maybe he will use this style for his man of steel follow up film The Last Photograph
Quote:
The story centers on a journalist and an ex-special ops soldier the drama “revolves around a photograph that becomes the catalyst for a journey two men undertake through war-torn Afghanistan.”

Old 12-16-2012, 08:42 AM   #389
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
I hope that there are some government/military world issues alluded too, and it would add to the reasons for their reaction to Superman/Zod and Faora. If tensions are already high in that area, and the world is shown to be a place full of cynicism, suspicion and distrust, it'll really add to the huge impact of Supes debut.

I agree, a lot of good did come out of SR, and it did make me happy for a short while, I can't deny that. I loved it the first time I saw it. But that's just because it was Superman flying around on the big screen
Indeed. I mean, I remember reading on how some people from the film alluded to how the horrors that we'd normally see on the news in the real world would be represented in the world that Superman is in for MOS.

I feel like if the World that Superman is in already has realistic problems of its own, then it shows that Superman has a bigger and long-term task in helping humanity find the means to eventually overcome that on their own, otherwise, if the world that he's presented in is just plagued with a few problems here and there and that it's really never threatened unless some supervillain shows up, then Superman is just there to do the standard "save the day" scenario.

And yeah, i remember on how a lot of people once raved about SR but now constantly talk about how they're disappointed in it.

Quote:
I loved ASM but they cut out far too much, it was sold as the untold story and didn't deliver on that aspect, I still think that was a poor decision. I think that'll make up for it with the sequel though,

I'm confident about everything with MOS, the only thing I was a tad worried about was Henry's American accent whilst I knew he could do one the ones I've heard him do didn't sound very Superman to me but thankfully since the trailer I can tell he's nailed it. I'm am super bias but I know this will be my favourite movie ever.

Well as far as we've seen, they seem to have all of the right formulas in place; it'll just be a matter of how they go about executing it that decides its fate.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:10 AM   #390
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Well as far as we've seen, they seem to have all of the right formulas in place; it'll just be a matter of how they go about executing it that decides its fate.
Definitely the signs are extremely good

Old 12-16-2012, 09:31 AM   #391
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

As far as comparisons to TASM, i think we have more reason to be confident here.

I enjoyed the film a lot, and was pretty excited in the build up, but that wasn't because i loved or trusted Marc Webb particularly. It was because I loved Garfield and web shooters and The Lizard (the latter of which was my biggest dissapointment.

This is different.

There is almost no element of this film so far that doesn't have me excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
maybe he will use this style for his man of steel follow up film The Last Photograph
Oh yeah, i forgot all about that movie! I'm super excited to see what he does with it

*\S/T*
Old 12-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #392
JayJustROTFL
Side-Kick

Very near 20m views on youtube. Impressive.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #393
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

sorry, what movie is CLOD?

Old 12-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #394
Heat Vision
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJustROTFL View Post
Very near 20m views on youtube. Impressive.
Yeah, it's definitely a good thing!

Old 12-16-2012, 03:34 PM   #395
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoKnight13 View Post
I have no clue, but I feel your pain.

Old 12-16-2012, 03:43 PM   #396
DKDetective
Commander RNVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
I have no clue, but I feel your pain.
Cold Light of Day, Cavill's pre-MOS flop with Bruce Willis.

Old 12-16-2012, 03:45 PM   #397
PSYLENTGuardian
El Pollos Hermano

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoKnight13 View Post
Not sure, but I'm assuming it's Cold Light of Day.

EDIT: Curses! DKDetective beat me to it.

Old 12-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #398
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Ah right, I totally forgot about that movie haha

Old 12-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #399
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I don't think anything was expected of that movie to be fair

Old 12-16-2012, 04:07 PM   #400
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

Not sure if someone posted this already but here's the MoS Trailer Donner-Reeves version

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Closed Thread