The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 02:24 AM   #426
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 4

"I assumed it was some kind of dream/nightmare sequence.

I too would have liked a better look at that shot, but I'm not sure it would have fit in with the imagery/narrative they were selling with that trailer, so I'm not surprised it wasn't included."

That shot needs to be in the next trailer. And the next trailer needs some attitude to go with it. The GA needs to be rocked a little more.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:40 AM   #427
echostation
Banned User

I'd love to see a money shot of a gigantic Superman style punch across Zod's face very similar to the one where he completely cut loose on Darkseid in the Justice League series finale.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:50 AM   #428
Project862006
Banned User

i expect next trailer to have a bit more attitude is expect some zod dialogue and finally a shot of faora

Old 12-17-2012, 02:56 AM   #429
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideyfan93 View Post
It's weird, but I seriously have little to no doubts about this film...as ignorant as it may sound. Based on this trailer, which I've watched dozens of times and I never watch trailers that many times within the same week of release, this movie will most likely do no wrong.

Perhaps there will be minor issues, but we are in for something special. And if it isn't, I'm truly setting myself up for severe disappointment that could put me in a temporal depression.

But I don't care, bring on this ****ing film!
I am so confident about this film, I know we git burned by Duperman Returns but everything about this film tells me it's going to be great, the cast, the people behind it, the director etc I just know its going to be amazing.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 12-17-2012, 02:57 AM   #430
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
i expect next trailer to have a bit more attitude is expect some zod dialogue and finally a shot of faora
Hypothetically, the "next trailer" could be a Superbowl spot. In that scenario, it would pretty much be guaranteed to have more attitude, since it would be targeting the football crowd. If WB has any common sense left, that spot would straight-up focus on the Superman vs. Zod/Faora badassery and destruction. Just a thought.

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110
Old 12-17-2012, 03:02 AM   #431
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I definitely think in the next trailer, even if it us a Super Bowl spot (which we know would be something very quick) will definitely have the Supernan reaching out from the skulls shot. If not i think it would be a bad choice, I just think that image is so powerful it would make people really want to see this. I think that shot alone shows this isn't your average superhero film.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:18 AM   #432
Heat Vision
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I am so confident about this film, I know we git burned by Duperman Returns but everything about this film tells me it's going to be great, the cast, the people behind it, the director etc I just know its going to be amazing.
Yeah, I also share the same feelings about it.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:19 AM   #433
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Superbowl spots are short, around 30 secs?, but usually show some new stuff. Sometimes they're specifically edited to fit that time-slot like the spot for Spielberg's War Of The Worlds. I'd like to see something similar here, IF it gets a spot. But yeah, something intense and hardhitting.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:49 AM   #434
sf2
Side-Kick

do you think there are machines / robots in the movie? hope to see them in the next trailer. fighting with superman would be awesome.

don't wanna see giant monster... hope there isn't any.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:00 AM   #435
Heat Vision
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
do you think there are machines / robots in the movie? hope to see them in the next trailer. fighting with superman would be awesome.

A giant spider, maybe?

Old 12-17-2012, 04:18 AM   #436
EtherMagic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post

Based on the toy commercial, I would say yes, we shall see.

Something I noticed today... When I inhanced the Trailer scene where Sups is shooting down on that person falling, I gotta say I am fairly certain that its a US Airforce Pilot that Sups is jetting down to save. You can see the uniform and design is clearly one of a U.S AirForce Pilot.

My guess it that this pilots plane was shot/blasted down, and somehow he survived the blast and started falling to earth, with Sups darting down to save him.

P.

"But there is nothing wrong with making a film about him a bit edgier and less corny."
Old 12-17-2012, 06:25 AM   #437
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

A part of me has been wondering if the final battle between Zod and Superman takes place in outer space. The reason for that is; aside from the shots that we've seen of Superman flying into space and Zod hovering there as well, if their fight took place in the streets of Metropolis (Chicago), I would have thought that we would have gotten reports of them being filmed there for that sequence. Instead, nothing of that sorts, which leads me to believe that their fight scenes was probably done within studio grounds.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:31 AM   #438
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherMagic View Post
Based on the toy commercial, I would say yes, we shall see.

Something I noticed today... When I inhanced the Trailer scene where Sups is shooting down on that person falling, I gotta say I am fairly certain that its a US Airforce Pilot that Sups is jetting down to save. You can see the uniform and design is clearly one of a U.S AirForce Pilot.

My guess it that this pilots plane was shot/blasted down, and somehow he survived the blast and started falling to earth, with Sups darting down to save him.

P.
Its not a pilot cause the persons Superman is flying too is flying right back at him. I'm pretty sure its Zod.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:53 AM   #439
EtherMagic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Its not a pilot cause the persons Superman is flying too is flying right back at him. I'm pretty sure its Zod.
NO My brutha! It's all Camera angles, trust me. This is the first thing I examined, for a very long time! I asked my woman and her cousin the same question we are debating on now, and the very first thing they said to me is that it is obvious the person Sups is darting at is falling down, NOT rising toward him to battle.

You also need to know that I have a HW30 $4,000 Sony Projector that projects in 1080P that is projecting on a 106inch DALite screen (one of the best screens on the market). So I not only have ultimate resolution on what im seeing, I also have the big picture as-well.

"But there is nothing wrong with making a film about him a bit edgier and less corny."

Last edited by EtherMagic; 12-17-2012 at 06:57 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:03 AM   #440
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
NO My brutha! It's all Camera angles, trust me. This is the first thing I examined, for a very long time! I asked my woman and her cousin the same question we are debating on now, and the very first thing they said to me is that it is obvious the person Sups is darting at is falling down, NOT rising toward him to battle.

You also need to know that I have a HW30 $4,000 Sony Projector that projects in 1080P that is projecting on a 106inch DALite screen (one of the best screens on the market). So I not only have ultimate resolution on what im seeing, I also have the big picture as-well.

Only thing that proves is that you are loaded.

Look closely at the boot and legs of the subject flying upwards:

Now look at the boot/leg on the far right:

This also shows the same armor type design on the shoulder/neck as we see on Zod (and Faora for that matter) - photo color enhanced but it shrunk the subject due to falsy conversion:

Could be Faora (due to the hair) but I'm seeing a patch of black on the chin.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:07 AM   #441
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:

Maybe you should spend your money on glasses next time. How on earth would someone be falling UPWARDS?

Old 12-17-2012, 07:13 AM   #442
EtherMagic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Only thing that proves is that you are loaded.

Look closely at the boot and legs of the subject flying upwards:

Now look at the boot/leg on the far right:

This also shows the same armor type design on the shoulder/neck as we see on Zod (and Faora for that matter):

Could be Faora (due to the hair) but I'm seeing a patch of black on the chin.

Gotta admitt, it does look like the same boot that is next to Sups in the trailer when he is coughing up Spit/blood! It's Faora's boot, same boot in the set-pics! I never took a still on it, very nice find!

There is no question in my mind though that he is saving who ever is falling (Faora), its so dang obvious! Its all camera angles making it look as if the person falling is rising up, not so!

Now that I see this evidence, I believe Sups feels that he could never hit a woman, she ends up getting blasted somehow, falls, and he saves her. Either this, or he kicks Zods azz so bad that Zod falls off a building and Sups ends up saving him (to show what kind of person he is and his heart?)

I'm going to re-examine the footage on Thursday when I have the time, but this sounds promising!

Last edited by EtherMagic; 12-17-2012 at 07:20 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:14 AM   #443
EtherMagic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Maybe you should spend your money on glasses next time. How on earth would someone be falling UPWARDS?
LOL I didnt mean it as how you took it my friend.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:18 AM   #444
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Gotta admitt, it does look like the same boot that is next to Sups in the trailer when he is coughing up Spit/blood! It's Faora's boot, same boot in the set-pics! I never took a still on it, very nice find!

There is no question in my mind though that he is saving who ever is falling (Faora), its so dang obvious! Its all camera angles making it look as if the person falling is rising up, not so!

Now that I see this evidence, I believe Sups feels that he could never hit a woman, she ends up getting blasted somehow, falls, and he saves her. Either this, or he kicks Zods azz so bad that Zod falls off a building and Sups ends up saving him (for the film to show what kind of person he is and his heart?)

I'm going to re-examine the footage on Thursday when I have the time, but this sounds promising!

Why would Superman need to Save Faora when she's capable of flying like he is? And even if she hit the ground, she'd still be okay due to her invulnerability.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:26 AM   #445
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
LOL I didnt mean it as how you took it my friend.
Well, how so then?

Old 12-17-2012, 07:31 AM   #446
EtherMagic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Why would Superman need to Save Faora when she's capable of flying like he is? And even if she hit the ground, she'd still be okay due to her invulnerability.

Thats the problem I'm dealing with! Whoever is falling, Sups is saving! This person is NOT coming at him! That is for SURE!!! I Explained this in my last post.

I have been right on about 99% of this film so far, I been on the MOS set, talked to and still chat with one person who took major spy footage in Plano (who met Henry and Zack, got there Autoghraphs).

It's the CGI footage that we are all having problems with. Everything else about the film I pretty much know.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:34 AM   #447
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

I rotated the video to get the normal straight angle and slowed it down to 0.25x speed using the VLC player. The person is flying upwards. No two ways about it. Fact.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:39 AM   #448
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Thats the problem I'm dealing with! Whoever is falling, Sups is saving! This person is NOT coming at him! That is for SURE!!! I Explained this in my last post.

I have been right on about 99% of this film so far, I been on the MOS set, talked to and still chat with one person who took major spy footage in Plano (who met Henry and Zack, got there Autoghraphs).

It's the CGI footage that we are all having problems with. Everything else about the film I pretty much know.

Not to sound rude or anything of course, but would you mind referencing on what you've been right about regarding the film? My apologies, it's just that I haven't been able to follow everyone's posts as of late.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:52 AM   #449
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
I rotated the video to get the normal straight angle and slowed it down to 0.25x speed using the VLC player. The person is flying upwards. No two ways about it. Fact.
Definitely going upwards. Unless the whole stinking city is upside down. I dont get what EtherMagic is going at. Zod even positions his body into a striking pose from an arms-down-by-side flyingpose.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:52 AM   #450
EtherMagic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Nope, they are NOT!!! Look at the body language of the person falling! This is crazy... I will gamble $100 on this! PM me and I promise I will keep my word if I am wrong, but you people need to keep your word aswell!

PM me, looking forward to all your bets! I'll bet with 5 of you who disagree, lets do this!

Closed Thread