The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #501
Glassjaw
In training

Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 4

Mentioned this earlier, I was convinced this looked a bit out of place in the city skyline, that perhaps it could be a big Kryptonian ship, since my eyes are having a hard time figuring out the shapes on the right hand side of it (going into the water) but the more I study it, I'm thinking its probably just a pier with a ferris wheel etc. Still, thought I'd post it up since its always fun CSI'ing what we get and perhaps catching something new. And for what its worth the guy flying up to Supes seems to have short, Zod-matching hair to me.

Old 12-18-2012, 04:31 AM   #502
EtherMagic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Its definiely Zod or Faora they have the arnour on and are clearly flying up with their fist in he air

I eat my words, it's 100% Zod, not a Pilot. The colar says it all in the up close still, it's the identical colar Zod has in the up-close official trailer, it's not Faora, she has a different Colar. Just shows that bigger screens don't always make for better answers (I never actually paused the image )

BTW, Zod is falling, Sups is saving him, sound odd, and even I don't understand it, but this is what is happening, he is falling, I stick to what I stated.

Since you were the first one to challenge me on this, I swear to you I will send you a nice fat $100 check if I am wrong. I'm a man of integrity and keep my word Thats a promise my friend!

Pauly

"But there is nothing wrong with making a film about him a bit edgier and less corny."
Old 12-18-2012, 04:34 AM   #503
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Zod is flying upwards to face Superman. It's a shame to lose $100 for something like that.

Old 12-18-2012, 04:39 AM   #504
jacobed
Banned User

Zod is 100% flying upwards

Old 12-18-2012, 04:57 AM   #505
EtherMagic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
Mentioned this earlier, I was convinced this looked a bit out of place in the city skyline, that perhaps it could be a big Kryptonian ship, since my eyes are having a hard time figuring out the shapes on the right hand side of it (going into the water) but the more I study it, I'm thinking its probably just a pier with a ferris wheel etc. Still, thought I'd post it up since its always fun CSI'ing what we get and perhaps catching something new. And for what its worth the guy flying up to Supes seems to have short, Zod-matching hair to me.

Living in Chicago my whole life, I can say with 100% certainty, that yes that is Navy Pier you are looking at, not a ship. It is the Navy Pier Ferris Wheel you are seeing in the Streeterville neighborhood. This scene is a shot right across the street from the Trump Tower, which is directly aimed at Navy Pier on the Chicago River leading into lake Michigan. That road you see there (in the still) is "Lake Street", and to the left of what you are seeing is where the Chicago Spire was to be built.

Had to mention that as I am big into Architecture, and SAD to say that it was never built

"But there is nothing wrong with making a film about him a bit edgier and less corny."
Old 12-18-2012, 05:19 AM   #506
EtherMagic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Zod is flying upwards to face Superman. It's a shame to lose $100 for something like that.

Now that you mention it... is anyone willing back up there word as I did? I have a GRAND on it, I will bet 9 more people that ZOD is falling!

$1,000 ain't nothing to me, I will have no problem paying up if im wrong! My Reputation means the world to me, always has! Bet me, I beg you too! And only bet if you can pay up, seriously! I'm not joking or playing around here, I stand by my word! Cause once I'm right I expect my mail-box to be full of cash! lol

I'm 100% serious!

Old 12-18-2012, 05:22 AM   #507
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

I never bet and nobody's reputation is at stake. At this point you're either trolling or you need help. Betting for stuff like that is sick.

Old 12-18-2012, 05:30 AM   #508
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherMagic View Post
Now that you mention it... is anyone willing back up there word as I did? I have a GRAND on it, I will bet 9 more people that ZOD is falling!

$1,000 ain't nothing to me, I will have no problem paying up if im wrong! My Reputation means the world to me, always has! Bet me, I beg you too! And only bet if you can pay up, seriously! I'm not joking or playing around here, I stand by my word! Cause once I'm right I expect my mail-box to be full of cash! lol

I'm 100% serious!

Time to end this madness.

See where Zod is? See how his hands are in front of him in flight mode? People usually don't fall down like that, do they?

See where Zod is now? I guess he most be falling upwards! Hollywood style!

So, can I have my $1.000 now?

Old 12-18-2012, 05:36 AM   #509
EtherMagic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Time to end this madness.

See where Zod is? See how his hands are in front of him in flight mode? People usually don't fall down like that, do they?

See where Zod is now? I guess he most be falling upwards! Hollywood style!

So, can I have my $1.000 now?

Not buying it! You can have you $100! Once the movie comes out if you are correct. I am betting 10 people, $100 each, if you wanna get in the pool let me know. BTW awesome stills my brutha

Old 12-18-2012, 05:39 AM   #510
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Not buying it! You can have you $100! Once the movie comes out if you are correct. I am betting 10 people, $100 each, if you wanna get in the pool let me know. BTW awesome stills my brutha
Just replace Sully with Pauly...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by G.Godfrey; 12-18-2012 at 05:43 AM.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:58 AM   #511
EtherMagic
Side-Kick

^^^ lol , nice!

Old 12-18-2012, 06:21 AM   #512
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Quote:

I'm 100% serious!

I've always wondered what it would be like if Bruce Wayne's playboy persona posted on these boards.

Free Original Music
Old 12-18-2012, 06:45 AM   #513
dabilee01
Side-Kick

Quote:
^^^ lol , nice!
working on my proof now! stupid work!

Old 12-18-2012, 09:12 AM   #514
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Some sad **** going on in this thread.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:03 AM   #515
dabilee01
Side-Kick

alright, naysayers, here's my best and only attempt at proving the person is leaping towards supes and not falling:

look within the yellow boxes to observe the behavior of the building debris. it increases over time, so to me, that means the person is using the building as a point of contact to travel upwards.

edit: also, look at the building behind the figure. you'll notice that the number of visible windows decreases, which means the debris obstructs the view of them.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #516
dabilee01
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Some sad **** going on in this thread.
we are nothing if not petty and small!

Old 12-18-2012, 10:08 AM   #517
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Ok, so maybe Zod's not flying, but I dont think he's leaping either. Could he be flying / floating via his suit propelled by fuel OR anti-gravity-tech? They do have that gravity-beam-thing.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:12 AM   #518
dabilee01
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Ok, so maybe Zod's not flying, but I dont think he's leaping either. Could he be flying / floating via his suit propelled by fuel OR anti-gravity-tech? They do have that gravity-beam-thing.
he's skipping, like this:

Old 12-18-2012, 11:20 AM   #519
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Quote:
Living in Chicago my whole life, I can say with 100% certainty, that yes that is Navy Pier you are looking at, not a ship. It is the Navy Pier Ferris Wheel you are seeing in the Streeterville neighborhood. This scene is a shot right across the street from the Trump Tower, which is directly aimed at Navy Pier on the Chicago River leading into lake Michigan. That road you see there (in the still) is "Lake Street", and to the left of what you are seeing is where the Chicago Spire was to be built.

Had to mention that as I am big into Architecture, and SAD to say that it was never built

Nuts, beat me to it. I had a chuckle reading the speculation that maybe it was a Kryptonian ship.

I'm originally from the Chicago area and feel no small amount of pride that the city has made it into the new Bat-films and now the new Superman film.

Also, even as I found the design for the Spire a little odd, I, too, and disappointed it was never built.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:03 PM   #520
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Definitely Zod flying upwards, those pics prove it

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 12-18-2012, 02:09 PM   #521
Zorex
No T, No Shade

OMG this is all just hysterical.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #522
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabilee01 View Post
alright, naysayers, here's my best and only attempt at proving the person is leaping towards supes and not falling:

look within the yellow boxes to observe the behavior of the building debris. it increases over time, so to me, that means the person is using the building as a point of contact to travel upwards.

edit: also, look at the building behind the figure. you'll notice that the number of visible windows decreases, which means the debris obstructs the view of them.

OMG!!! You can see Clark's face in the sky overlooking Metropolis.

Now Superman has astral projection powers!!!

This movie is sooooo gonna rockz!!!!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-18-2012, 03:14 PM   #523
Rowsdower!
Hmmmmm.

I think Superman is the one falling and Zod is leaping up to catch him after having a change of heart.

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Hair (2016)
Hair League for Men (2017)
Wonder Woman's Styling Tips (2018)
Hair of Steel 2 (2018)

The Dark Knight Glazes (2019)
Old 12-18-2012, 03:29 PM   #524
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

Zod is blurple...

I N T E R S T E L L A R
Old 12-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #525