The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 06:48 PM   #576
StylishHokie21
Side-Kick

Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 4

I've never been a huge fan of Superman, but after seeing this trailer, I was blown away. After being let down by Superman Returns, this is a breath of fresh air! I've never heard of Henry Cavil before, but he looks amazing as Superman. The trailer gets a 10/10 from me.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:08 PM   #577
sf2
Side-Kick

really? sound great.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:42 AM   #578
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I kind of chuckled at the fact that they had shown a trailer for Bryan Singer's newest film right before MOS's one at my showing of the Hobbit.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #579
Sun_Down
Groovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I kind of chuckled at the fact that they had shown a trailer for Bryan Singer's newest film right before MOS's one at my showing of the Hobbit.
LOL. My showing of Hobbit didn't have an MOS trailer, but as I watched the Jack trailer I was thinking, "What the hell are you doing, Bryan Singer?"

Old 12-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #580
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Oh Jack the Giant Slayer I think it looks like it could be good

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 12-20-2012, 06:19 PM   #581
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylishHokie21 View Post
I've never been a huge fan of Superman, but after seeing this trailer, I was blown away. After being let down by Superman Returns, this is a breath of fresh air! I've never heard of Henry Cavil before, but he looks amazing as Superman. The trailer gets a 10/10 from me.
That's great! And to think this was a trailer that didn't even show Supes throw a punch and its still getting the response we thought was needed. To think what would happen if the next trailer showed some glimpses of him in battle or some such.

Quote:
Haha yeah so did I. Except when I went there was no MOS trailer that followed. had to sneak into the beginning of another showing to see it.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 12-20-2012, 06:23 PM   #582
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I'm wondering if Martha is going to make it out alive after she encounters Zod and co. at the Kent Farm since judging by the set photos, Zod appears there with his mo-cap henchmen and we see in the trailer that Martha is there when he arrives with them.

I do like the fact that this is the first film where the villains are actually striking Superman where it hurts him the most in the sense where Smallville and his family becomes a target this time around.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:40 PM   #583
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

I hope they don't kill Martha.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:14 AM   #584
TheGuy
Side-Kick

The film should at least be 150min. Clark's progression to adulthood went by too fast in STM.

Last edited by TheGuy; 12-21-2012 at 01:41 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:09 AM   #585
Asr
Side-Kick

Just saw the trailer online, then hit re-play a few more times.

I have to admit, I was initially a little disappointed it wasn't more of an "action-y" trailer like Snyder has done before, and I wanted to see specifically his trademark slow-mo somewhere too, but the more I re-watch it, the more it's growing on me.

The two best scenes in it have to be Ma Kent talking to young Clark and Supes taking Lois' hand. Those scenes felt totally un-Snyder-like and more like some other director's. Never knew Snyder had that kind of style in him, which is promising.

The only thing I really want a lot more of is Zod and more action stuff, along with some kind of humor. The trailer felt far too serious & solemn for me. But aside from that, I'm way more excited about the movie now. It's almost everything I've been hoping for and I'm banking that it's going to be awesome!

The only bad thing about the trailer that stuck out to me was Jon Peters listed as executive producer. Hey well maybe Supes can fight a giant spider.

Old 12-21-2012, 03:22 AM   #586
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by comics View Post
The film should at least be 150min. Clark's progression to adulthood went by too fast in STM.
Too fast? Some wanna see more krypton, some wanna see more young clark. But It’s just a 2+ hours movie. Today audience would complaint the pace is too slow as SR.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:16 AM   #587
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Yeah, I actually just watched it again. Even though it's 45 minutes long the origin still feels kinda rushed. They could easily make an entire movie based on Clark's upbringing alone.
That's why I hope the origin will be sort of spread out over the entire story and that the movie will end with Clark at the DP.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:28 AM   #588
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Yeah, I actually just watched it again. Even though it's 45 minutes long the origin still feels kinda rushed. They could easily make an entire movie based on Clark's upbringing alone.
That's why I hope the origin will be sort of spread out over the entire story and that the movie will end with Clark at the DP.
How will Perry's scenes come into it then? Just through his association with Lois?

Old 12-21-2012, 08:32 AM   #589
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
How will Perry's scenes come into it then? Just through his association with Lois?
Maybe, but Clark could still visit the DP several times before actually being hired fulltime. Like one synopsis has suggested Clark would be a freelance reporter at some point.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:44 AM   #590
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:
Maybe, but Clark could still visit the DP several times before actually being hired fulltime. Like one synopsis has suggested Clark would be a freelance reporter at some point.
Yeah I could see it happening like in Earth One to some extent. He visits it and has an interview with Perry before getting a job there much later on. Perhaps after his Alaska soul-searching, The Daily Planet, Perry and Lois are the first people he connects with. I do like in Earth One how he tries a bunch of jobs, and even though he doesn't go with The Daily Planet right away, Perry is the first person to get through to him a bit. After a similiar introduction, for the film they could then go on to have their own scenes, stuff from Lois's angle etc.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:10 AM   #591
sf2
Side-Kick

U have 10 seasons smallville. Still not enough? Maybe a smallville the movie for u?

Old 12-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #592
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
U have 10 seasons smallville. Still not enough? Maybe a smallville the movie for u?
Congrats. I knew you'd say that.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:41 AM   #593
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

In terms of showing his childhood and stuff, I always thought it'd play out like BB with just a few key moments of his childhood playing out in flashbacks while he's in Alaska. And it certainly seems that way.

Especially after seeing that one bit of bearded Clark looking at the school bus in the trailer, and also the underwater closed eyes bit seems like it'll be him remembering how his Mom taught him to 'make the world smaller' when it all gets too much.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:42 AM   #594
TheGuy
Side-Kick

Quote:
15min, I think, was spent on Krypton, so that only makes it 30min.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
LOL.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #595
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asr View Post
Just saw the trailer online, then hit re-play a few more times.

I have to admit, I was initially a little disappointed it wasn't more of an "action-y" trailer like Snyder has done before, and I wanted to see specifically his trademark slow-mo somewhere too, but the more I re-watch it, the more it's growing on me.

The two best scenes in it have to be Ma Kent talking to young Clark and Supes taking Lois' hand. Those scenes felt totally un-Snyder-like and more like some other director's. Never knew Snyder had that kind of style in him, which is promising.

The only thing I really want a lot more of is Zod and more action stuff, along with some kind of humor. The trailer felt far too serious & solemn for me. But aside from that, I'm way more excited about the movie now. It's almost everything I've been hoping for and I'm banking that it's going to be awesome!

The only bad thing about the trailer that stuck out to me was Jon Peters listed as executive producer. Hey well maybe Supes can fight a giant spider.
Yeah I caught that too... But hey, its not SR2. with Bryan Singer. He's off making his version of XMen 3. It's too bad bc I liked seeing the mutants actually use their powers. Oh well, as long as he's far away from Superman.

As far as MOS and Clark developmental years, I don't think that in S:TM it was too fast myself just not enough dialogue. Plus the I didn't care for it feeling like there was 3 different movies in one. The Krypton short, the Smallville short, then Metropolis the movie. It all worked fine but I'd be glad that MOS is using what appears to be flashbacks for his Smallville years. Although, that can easily be overdone too.

Old 12-21-2012, 10:02 AM   #596
sf2
Side-Kick

Seem like so many backgrounds need to be setup.. seem batman easier. Bang! Parents died along the alleyway. Done.

Old 12-21-2012, 10:15 AM   #597
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
15min, I think, was spent on Krypton, so that only makes it 30min.
I meant when he decides to go to Metropolis. And then he goes to the FOS as well, so it's actually more than 45 minutes.

Old 12-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #598
The Shield
It's really Happening!

That's why Superman is so much more interesting. Not so easily done. A complex superhero with dimension. He doesn't just have powers.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:09 PM   #599
echostation
Banned User

As I posted in another thread... how Supes will defeat the kryptonians has not so much the armor and weapons as well but mainly the training. Again according to that one sole source of mine (whose been wrong in the past but is so dead sure on this bit of info), Faora easily is the most skilled in terms of hand to hand combat and she pretty much destroys Superman the first time they meet... the strength is balanced out apparently but I don't know they'll explain that but she really savages him... that shot of him in the trailer dropping like a ***** coughing up blood is only the beginning of what Faora does to him. Zod is there but is watching his wife do the initial handiwork that's why his boot is there in that shot in the trailer.. again this is according to him.

And since it's being debated, the part of Supes flying across the building towards the other Kryptonian, he's 100% sure it's Zod and occurs in the final battle and Faora's not there. How Supes overcome Faora though is a tightly held secret that he has no idea of cuz she completely beats the living **** out of him the first time and she's pretty laughingly sadistic about it.

Old 12-22-2012, 06:32 PM   #600
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

So I went to see The Hobbit tonight with a friend of mine, hoping to see the MOS trailer. Did they show it? No

Luckily the movie was good enough for a repeat so I will be taking the gf sometime soon and see it again, this time hoping for some Superman action.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
Closed Thread