The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 04:48 AM   #151
InKaH
Side-Kick

Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 4

I've just noticed something. Forgive me if it has already been said, but the scene where it looks like supes is flying down to save someone actually is supes flying towards Zod who appears to be jumping towards him ready to swing a punch!

Old 12-13-2012, 06:15 AM   #152
StarvingArtist
Side-Kick

The look of the movie is moody and dark.

The subject matter is introspective and angsty.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:53 AM   #153
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Another reason I believe this will be the best CBM origin movie yet is because Supermans origin out of any other Superheroes IMO is the most interesting origin story of them all, this also one of the reasons its been told time and time again.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:12 AM   #154
B
[insert witty comment]

Computer has been out of action for a few days so I only got to see the trailer there now.

To sum it up in one word: Epic.

Visually some of the shots looked fantastic, I can see some people have already commented on what I presume was his first flight as 'Superman' straight up & into space. Easily the best shots of the trailer & the shot of him circling the earth in space looked outstanding.

I just hope the story & acting is as good as the film looks visually at least in the trailer.

It has done exactly what a trailer is supposed to do, leave me wanting to see more.

Roll on Summer 2013.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:50 AM   #155
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Another reason I believe this will be the best CBM origin movie yet is because Supermans origin out of any other Superheroes IMO is the most interesting origin story of them all, this also one of the reasons its been told time and time again.
It's a damn good origin with so much potential in every direction. The fact that he's from another world entirely, an alien world with its own history, gives it more meat and prospect for future sequels.
I also prefer this more tangible world to THOR's Asgard. I'm just a sucker for sci-fi.

There are so many wonderful (and earth-bound) aspects that can be explored with this otherworldly origin.
A god-like super-being from across the galaxy being raised by farmers in rural america. That is such a beautiful and comforting idea and image.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:54 AM   #156
elgaz
Side-Kick

And without getting too obsessed with the contemporary parallels which it raises, Superman's origin has so much potential to resonate with a modern day audience. He's the ultimate immigrant : not from Earth, but living here as one of us ................ and despite his massive God-like powers, he still strives for acceptance just like any immigrant does. The line at the end of the trailer - about Jonathan Kent fearing the world would 'reject' him - shouts to me that MOS will have a Superman starting out, who really doesn't know what humanity will make of him. That's not a problem Donner's Superman ever faced. He simply appeared for the first time with no apparent nerves, and they never stopped cheering him from that point on.

A lot of people in a lot of countries can't promise that kind of acceptance and still struggle to co-exist with those they perceive as different. I would hope that if even one person sees this film and it makes them re-examine their views, it would elevate it from being just a superhero film (albeit, potentially an amazing one ) to something a bit more special.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:04 AM   #157
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgaz View Post
And without getting too obsessed with the contemporary parallels which it raises, Superman's origin has so much potential to resonate with a modern day audience. He's the ultimate immigrant : not from Earth, but living here as one of us ................ and despite his massive God-like powers, he still strives for acceptance just like any immigrant does. The line at the end of the trailer - about Jonathan Kent fearing the world would 'reject' him - shouts to me that MOS will have a Superman starting out, who really doesn't know what humanity will make of him. That's not a problem Donner's Superman ever faced. He simply appeared for the first time with no apparent nerves, and they never stopped cheering him from that point on.

A lot of people in a lot of countries can't promise that kind of acceptance and still struggle to co-exist with those they perceive as different. I would hope that if even one person sees this film and it makes them re-examine their views, it would elevate it from being just a superhero film (albeit, potentially an amazing one ) to something a bit more special.
Yep, he's more relevant than ever. Or rather he's timeless. Again, so much stuff to work with here. Imo more stuff than with the Batman-reboot which they certainly handled well. And MOS looks like it's on the right path to be.. legendary.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:08 AM   #158
Project862006
Banned User

having watched all trailers this week only star trek has a shot of topping yet so far MOS imo has the best trailer released

cant wait for the general audience to see it

Old 12-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #159
UaalaDan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
I really liked the shot of Clark in the back of the pick-up with Johnathon heading toward him in the backdrop of the cornfield and the setting sun. Really beautiful.
Reminded me of Superman for all seasons which is a great thing!

Old 12-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #160
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I'm so obsessed with watching this trailer I've even downloaded I to my phone so I can sneak off and watch it at work

Old 12-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #161
UaalaDan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingArtist View Post
The look of the movie is moody and dark.

The subject matter is introspective and angsty.
I didn't find it dark at all.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #162
Cranny21
Side-Kick

I believe it is Lara watching the columns of fire (Krypton either being destroyed or something along those lines). Faora seems to short hair from the set pictures that came out a year ago. This person seems to have long, wavy hair as seen when she kisses Kal-El with Jor-El in the trailer.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #163
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by UaalaDan View Post
I didn't find it dark at all.
People throw around the word dark to describe serious these days.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #164
Burgundy LaRue
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgaz View Post

Great points, and it's why I like the end of the trailer so much, with Superman asking Lois did she think the world was ready for him. It's a legitimate question. Most governments wouldn't want a super-powered being running around free, even if he was doing good. There's too much risk that he'll fall into the wrong hands or change his mind and then kill us all. We're in a post 9/11 world and someone like Superman coming on the scene would raise suspicion. Not everyone would hate him, but not everyone would think he's a savior, either. There would be doubt and for the average person, that doubt would be understandable.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #165
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
I'm so obsessed with watching this trailer I've even downloaded I to my phone so I can sneak off and watch it at work
I'd definitely keep something like that to myself.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:55 AM   #166
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
People throw around the word dark to describe serious these days.
pretty much lol

the crow is dark
watchmen is dark

man of steel is as dark as x men

Old 12-13-2012, 10:00 AM   #167
kalhawj
Side-Kick

The movie seems to be shot in a handheld camcorder style. Is this the way the movie is going to be? Seems like it will be the first for a major super hero movie to do this. I like it but would had prefer regular, Either way trailer was epic. Cannot wait for the release of the movie.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:20 AM   #168
Jobling
Look! Up in the sky

Old 12-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #169
Jobling
Look! Up in the sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranny21 View Post
I believe it is Lara watching the columns of fire (Krypton either being destroyed or something along those lines). Faora seems to short hair from the set pictures that came out a year ago. This person seems to have long, wavy hair as seen when she kisses Kal-El with Jor-El in the trailer.
yes she is Lara!!

Old 12-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #170
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobling View Post
Such a beautiful image, if they'd have gone for the S on the back of the cape that would've made a heck of a teaser poster

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 12-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #171
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

Quote:
Such a beautiful image, if they'd have gone for the S on the back of the cape that would've made a heck of a teaser poster
Sounds like a job for photoshop!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 12-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #172
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by InKaH View Post
I've just noticed something. Forgive me if it has already been said, but the scene where it looks like supes is flying down to save someone actually is supes flying towards Zod who appears to be jumping towards him ready to swing a punch!

yeah.....that looks to be Supes vs Zod.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #173
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by UaalaDan View Post
Reminded me of Superman for all seasons which is a great thing!
one of the best Superman stories!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #174
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

The trailer really reminded me of Batman Begins and I don't think I will like the movie if it ends up like that when I finally saw the movie. But the trailer looks good!

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 12-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #175
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
The trailer really reminded me of Batman Begins and I don't think I will like the movie if it ends up like that when I finally saw the movie. But the trailer looks good!
Well, it starts out as something reminiscent of the narrative style of BB, but then it becomes something entirely different imo. I dont think the movie will have much to do with BB.