The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 12:30 PM   #326
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 21

Man of Steel writing credits: David Goyer and JJ Abrams?

Old 12-14-2012, 01:17 PM   #327
Heat Vision
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
WETA is also doing some work on MOS, but Joe Letteri says their involvement 'sets the basis for the story to move forward' (aka the Krypton scenes). MPC and Double Negative are handling the bulk of the CGI work.

And even if WB wanted ILM, they're all wrapped up with doing other films (particularly Pacific Rim). There is a limit to how many films a visual effects house can reasonably handle.

Besides, I think most of the shots look really good (outside of the few you mentioned). The Superman flying shots look fantastic, much better than Sony Pictures Imageworks did for SR.
Honestly, I haven't seen any issues with the CGI at all.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #328
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Worldwide release dates...

http://manofsteel.warnerbros.com/rel...ase-dates.html

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 12-14-2012, 02:22 PM   #329
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
I'm with you. Advanced doesn't need to look gritty.

I'm very impressed with how Asgard translated to the big screen. We don't need anything that outlandish, but something with visuals that are equally impressive.

JJ Abrams' Naboo was an idea that I liked for a while, but it's wearing off on me.
Yeah, I don't want a gritty war stricken world. It would be cool if it has vibrant colors and also some use of the crystals to make architecture, but I don't want a gray muted desolate world. I also don't want a purely white crystal arctic world like that represented in Donner's film.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Old 12-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #330
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Black View Post
Yeah, I don't want a gritty war stricken world. It would be cool if it has vibrant colors and also some use of the crystals to make architecture, but I don't want a gray muted desolate world. I also don't want a purely white crystal arctic world like that represented in Donner's film.
Sadly according to rumourss,Krypton is war torn.I dont expect to see a beautiful planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
Man of Steel writing credits: David Goyer and JJ Abrams?
Sounds about right

Old 12-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #331
DKDetective
Commander RNVR

Based on Jor-El's costume and the talk of neo-medieval design, I think we'll get something similar to Asgard but less bright and clean, which I have to admit I think is a great idea. I would love for Krypton to look like it has a proud, rich history but that it's golden age has passed. Thematically, I think that sort of aesthetic would fit well with Krypton's traditional depiction as an advanced society that has become arrogant and over proud, such that it fails to take seriously the warning signs of its destruction.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #332
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

War torn, eh? I wonder how much of it they show. I'd be pretty interesting to see a glimpse of how it was and what it had become.

I'm having a tough time figuring out who the ship in the trailer belongs to. Does anyone know?

Old 12-14-2012, 02:55 PM   #333
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
Based on Jor-El's costume and the talk of neo-medieval design, I think we'll get something similar to Asgard but less bright and clean, which I have to admit I think is a great idea. I would love for Krypton to look like it has a proud, rich history but that it's golden age has passed. Thematically, I think that sort of aesthetic would fit well with Krypton's traditional depiction as an advanced society that has become arrogant and over proud, such that it fails to take seriously the warning signs of its destruction.
I agree. I think what they are doing appeals to me much more than a sort of utopian sci-fi world, especially within the context of this film.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 12-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #334
sup101
Side-Kick

The ships belong to zod, faora and co.How else would they get to earth from krypton.They don't have powers on krypton.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:29 PM   #335
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
War torn, eh? I wonder how much of it they show. I'd be pretty interesting to see a glimpse of how it was and what it had become.

I'm having a tough time figuring out who the ship in the trailer belongs to. Does anyone know?
I think as far as we know, there are three ships in the film - the scout ship/fortress of solitude, baby kal-el's ship and the black zone/prison ship that zod and faora reportedly take control of.

Which one is outside the house in that scene is anyone's guess, but we have seen set pics of a pretty well destroyed Kent farmhouse, so it could very well be the enemy ship.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 12-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #336
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

and depending on how big the Black Zero/prison ship is, it could very well house several scout ships of its own.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-14-2012, 03:39 PM   #337
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

True.

*\S/T*
Old 12-14-2012, 03:44 PM   #338
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

and it looks like we're going to get some kind of aerial battle with the Kryptonian ships.

whether or not that takes place on Krypton or on Earth remains to be seen.........

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #339
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Just came back from the Hobbit and we got robbed of every single new trailer from the past week, including the MOS-trailer. What a ****in scam, man! Outrageous! I'm so disappointed by this. I almost didnt care about the Hobbit after that, seriously.

I had to rewatch the trailer and somehow it just looked more gorgeous than ever. The first half just is heartbreakingly beautiful. Really sad to have missed it on the big screen in front of hundreds.

Last edited by Rust; 12-14-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #340
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Just came back from the Hobbit and we got robbed of every single new trailer from the past week, including the MOS-trailer. What a ****in scam, man! Outrageous! I'm so disappointed by this. I almost didnt care about the Hobbit after that, seriously.

I had to rewatch the trailer and somehow it just looked more gorgeous than ever. The first half just is heartbreakingly beautiful. Really sad to have missed it on the big screen in front of hundreds.
really, wtf is happening???

I'd be so freakin pissed and disappointed if that happened to me.....

you didn't even get Pacific Rim?

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #341
sup101
Side-Kick

The battle between the 2 Kryptonian ships was on krypton.You can see krypton in the background.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:01 PM   #342
DKDetective
Commander RNVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post

Yeah, it's a huge mistake because the people they need to win over is the general audience, the sort of people who will not seek out the trailer online and will only learn about the movie if you force them to sit through trailers.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:07 PM   #343
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
The battle between the 2 Kryptonian ships was on krypton.You can see krypton in the background.

For some reason, I love the way this explosion looks. Every scene in the trailer has a very polished, beautiful look to it. Amazing visuals.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:11 PM   #344
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgaz View Post
Zod's a military man, through and through. That's how he's always been presented. His approach is naturally not to settle for second best, or to bow to demands, or to give up. His homeworld is destroyed, so IMO his motivation is simple now : survival of the fittest. He finds a world (Earth) with a species (humans) who he considers backward; they lack the advanced technology or genetics of Kryptonians. He's a man used to employing force to achieve his means, so why would he choose to co-exist with humans when he has all the power he needs to destroy them or rule over them and take the planet for himself?

Clark on the other hand was brought up amongst us, and treasures/respects humanity. He is humble, despite his God-like powers.

That to me will be the central theme of the difference in opinions between Clark & Zod. They're survivors of a dead planet, essentially the last of their race, and should be treating each other like brothers. Yet they will always be at odds because Zod wants to destroy humanity, whilst Clark wants to serve it.

It's a compelling and timeless relationship which goes back as far as Cain and Abel. One was kindhearted, a shepherd who looked after his flock ................. the other, a murderer whose own ambitions were more important to him than anything else.
The Cain and Abel metaphor is very interesting.

In regards to Zod, if he's planning on taking over Earth and killing all its inhabitants, what will he do with an empty planet? Will he and Faora continue the race of Kryptonians?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
What's the whole "Superman punching someone in the face" thing about? Is there any truth to that or was that just a big rumour?
There was a shot in the trailer of Superman flying down a skyscraper toward Zod with his fist extended. Perhaps that's what you're referring to.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:17 PM   #345
DKDetective
Commander RNVR

I don't remember seeing his fist extended. I think it is just both of his arms extended in front of him in the traditional Superman flight pose. I thought it looks more like Zod is going for the punch and Supes going for a mid-air tackle.

http://supermanhomepage.com/images/m...trailer40.html

EDIT: Here is a screencap. I'm not embedding because it is too large to do so.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:20 PM   #346
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
really, wtf is happening???

I'd be so freakin pissed and disappointed if that happened to me.....

you didn't even get Pacific Rim?
None of them. The Hobbit being a WB-movie it's just

And I saw it in one of the biggest halls in one of the biggest cities in my country. Maybe not saying much, but still.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #347
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
I don't remember seeing his fist extended. I think it is just both of his arms extended in front of him in the traditional Superman flight pose. I thought it looks more like Zod is going for the punch and Supes going for a mid-air tackle.

http://supermanhomepage.com/images/m...trailer40.html

EDIT: Here is a screencap. I'm not embedding because it is too large to do so.
You're right. I remembered it wrong. Well, I suppose his scenario could still end with Superman punching Zod's face.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #348
sup101
Side-Kick

It have 15,372,260 views in 3 days.So I guess that's a good thing.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:52 PM   #349
The Shield
It's really Happening!

I saw it! Damn that thing gave me chills in there! I went into the big big theater in 3D after my movie was over to catch the previews and this time they showed i. Man, the sound of his take off and on was outstanding. However.... The 3D didn't look any different then what it looks like in 2D HD on my MAC laptop (imho).So I'll be seeing it in 2D first I think unless they've improved on it from now to then.

*ps. They didn't show Pacific Rim this time.

(I thought I better post this in here too. )

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 12-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #350
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Which one is outside the house in that scene is anyone's guess, but we have seen set pics of a pretty well destroyed Kent farmhouse, so it could very well be the enemy ship.
There are two ships outside the Kent farmhouse.

Closed Thread