The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #351
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 21

The trailer gathered so much buzz. I can't tell you how many " I have no interest in Superman, but this trailer is so good, i can't wait to see this" comments i have seen all over the internet. I think MOS might be somewhat of a surprise hit. What i mean is, it might gross a good amount more than what most people are expecting.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:01 PM   #352
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 21

There's a scene in the trailer where Clark is holding a little kid in his arms and running from a huge tornado. If you freeze frame it at the right moment you can see one other person on the right side of the screen. It looks like a man. There's no one else. I'm wondering if that's Jonathan.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:06 PM   #353
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
The trailer gathered so much buzz. I can't tell you how many " I have no interest in Superman, but this trailer is so good, i can't wait to see this" comments i have seen all over the internet. I think MOS might be somewhat of a surprise hit. What i mean is, it might gross a good amount more than what most people are expecting.
That would warm my little heart.

Now that they have people's attention they can display the fireworks. Here's hoping for a sneakpeak at some original, otherworldly and hardhitting CBM-action in the next trailer.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:09 PM   #354
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
There's a scene in the trailer where Clark is holding a little kid in his arms and running from a huge tornado. If you freeze frame it at the right moment you can see one other person on the right side of the screen. It looks like a man. There's no one else. I'm wondering if that's Jonathan.
I'm pretty sure it is Jonathan.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
Old 12-14-2012, 04:11 PM   #355
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I would think it's Jonathan. I know this sounds morbid but I hope Jonathan dies in the tornado. I think it's a more exciting way to die than a heart attack.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:16 PM   #356
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

maybe Clark is forced to choose between saving his dad and kids, and he chooses to save the kids 1st, but is too late to save his dad........

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-14-2012, 04:20 PM   #357
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by UaalaDan View Post
I think Krypton is going to look similar to the flyby concept art.

BTW, did somebody notice this? We can see Jonathan Kent on the right. He's wearing the same clothes of the set pic:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
interesting. Maybe jonathan tells clark to save the child, and clark being inexperienced as a hero yet, does as jonathan asks and the twister takes him seconds later.

Last edited by GreenKToo; 12-14-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #358
Heat Vision
Banned User

Quote:
Yeah, I have been pleasantly surprised by the reactions, specially on twitter!

Old 12-14-2012, 04:23 PM   #359
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Ahhh so do we think
Jonathan dies in the twister rather than a heart attack?

Quote:
The trailer gathered so much buzz. I can't tell you how many " I have no interest in Superman, but this trailer is so good, i can't wait to see this" comments i have seen all over the internet. I think MOS might be somewhat of a surprise hit. What I mean is, it might gross a good amount more than what most people are expecting.
I know, I feel the same people are really taking to this trailer bad I think as a Supernan fan watching it you can see why it appeals to a non Superman fan.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 12-14-2012, 04:24 PM   #360
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Ahhh so do we think
Jonathan dies in the twister rather than a heart attack?
I do.
if jonathan dies in such a way, he would be the hero that clark will want to eventually become

Last edited by GreenKToo; 12-14-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #361
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
I do.
That'd be different, I like it

Old 12-14-2012, 04:34 PM   #362
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Or rather

the twister resulting in Jonathan dying from a heartattack

Old 12-14-2012, 04:35 PM   #363
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Having Jonathan die in a tornado is a good example of maintaining the mythology of having Jonathan die but adding a new wrinkle by changing the cause of death.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:46 PM   #364
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
Having Jonathan die in a tornado is a good example of maintaining the mythology of having Jonathan die but adding a new wrinkle by changing the cause of death.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Jonathan dying for a heart attack something relatively unique to Superman: The Movie and Smallville. Pre-Crisis, didn't both Kents just die of old age before Clark became Superman and post-Crisis I believe both lived to see him became Superman? (until Jonathan was killed by Brainiac I believe) I don't really think there is any "mythology" to maintain through Jonathan's death.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:48 PM   #365
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I haven't been keeping up with any of the recent comics. Is Jonathan dead or alive?

Old 12-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #366
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Dead. Possibly killed by Vyndyktvz.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #367
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I guess the mythology is so varied in the comics that I'll stick to the mythology of Jonathan's death via the movies. I remember Jonathan being alive in the Lois and Clark television show.

Anyway. I don't want the tornado to come and for Jonathan to drop dead of a heart attack. I want Jonathan sucked into the vortex.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #368
protocida
Side-Kick

Jonathan dies helping people into the church's shelter while Clark is undoing the tornado.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:55 PM   #369
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
I haven't been keeping up with any of the recent comics. Is Jonathan dead or alive?
I believe they went back to the pre-Crisis story with both Kents deceased.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:38 PM   #370
sup101
Side-Kick

I think if Jonathan die in the tornado it would be more affective.

Clark can't save him from a heart attack no matter what, but he coulda save him from the tornado, so it would hit clark harder.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:55 PM   #371
J.Howlett

Got a chance to see the Man of Steel trailer in 3D with the Hobbit. It's even more gorgeous, more mythical in 3D. It stuns.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:03 PM   #372
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Got a chance to see the Man of Steel trailer in 3D with the Hobbit. It's even more gorgeous, more mythical in 3D. It stuns.
Awesome, did it get a good reaction from the crowd?

Old 12-14-2012, 06:05 PM   #373
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Awesome, did it get a good reaction from the crowd?
People were surprised by it. You could feel the audience slightly taken aback by the visual and the overall feeling of it.

But, it was the 3D that was kind of startling. When Superman takes off, it's great in 3D. The shot of him in space, flying past the camera...majestic in scope and feel.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:19 PM   #374
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
I believe they went back to the pre-Crisis story with both Kents deceased.
The last issue of Action seems to indicate they were both killed in a wreck.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:00 PM   #375
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

I don't want Superman's parents dead. I would like both Jonathan and Martha to live and see there son become a hero.

Though I understand that having his dad die would possibly push him to discover himself and become a hero to save others I'd rather that everyone live.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Closed Thread