The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #751
protocida
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 21

They're definetly Flashbacks, and pretty non-linear, too.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:05 PM   #752
sf2
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
I hope for once a superman origin story doesn't start on krypton. That would be new.
And very much from the characters perspective.

It just always seems so trivial that Clark get's his info dump when the "audience" already knows. Not my ideal approach to story telling. But that's me.
a refreshing idea. I like that. Letting the audience with Clark together to learn and discover about his kryptonian origin.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:19 PM   #753
protocida
Side-Kick

The context of a few scenes is pretty obvious, too.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Oil rig fire. Clark is there.

Clark saves the oil rig.

Clark helps Lois and the workers get to the helicopter.

Explosion, Clark gets sent underwater.

Has flashback. Super-hearing?

Meaningful memory jolts him awake.

Gets out of the water, steals clothes.

Ends up in town.

Sees bus. Has flashback.

Last edited by protocida; 12-18-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:20 PM   #754
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
I think it's important to have as many scenes with Henry Cavill as possible early on. Let the audience connect with Cavill as Clark with a mixture of his Smallville college years and Alaska years so we already embrace him as Clark before he ever dons the costume.
Indeed. Btw, A simple calculation: 20+mins of krypton, + 20+mins of Clark’s self discovery, it would be almost an hour! no sure the teenage audience today has that kinda patience to wait an hour before seeing the hero donning the cape and doing some action.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #755
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

Lois is on the freighter?

I • N • T • E • R • S • T • E • L • L • A • R
Old 12-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #756
Marvin
Side-Kick

One of the few negative(non snyder) trailer reviews I've come across.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I find it interesting how different so many of us are.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:27 PM   #757
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
a refreshing idea. I like that. Letting the audience with Clark together to learn and discover about his kryptonian origin.
exactly.

I know that the info dumb has happened in the past, and the fact to face with jor el is kinda exciting and new for both parties(clark and audience). But the whole shebang...that would be something. To literally find out where this character is from and how he has powers organically. The fresh 8 year old in the audience would have a hell of a time.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #758
Marvin
Side-Kick

just noticed how distinct Cavil's lower set of teeth are.
uh oh.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:32 PM   #759
protocida
Side-Kick

Cont'd.

Flashback to meaningul conversation with Jonathan.

Jonathan reveals Clark's extraterrestrial inheritage and shows him the Codex.

Adult Clark begins to thinker with the Codex, thinking on what he should do. Eventually sees fishing about about to leave and joins the crew.

Has flashback of Jonathan's death and the tornado.

When the ship comes closer to the Artic, the Codex begins to beep, sensing the proximity of Jor-El's forgotten scout ship. Clark leaves to follow the Codex's signal.

Ends up in the Fortress of Solitude. Movie continues.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #760
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
Cont'd.

Flashback to meaningul conversation with Jonathan.

Jonathan reveals Clark's extraterrestrial inheritage and shows him the Codex.

Adult Clark begins to thinker with the Codex, thinking on what he should do. Eventually sees fishing about about to leave and joins the crew.

Has flashback of Jonathan's death and the tornado.

When the ship comes closer to the Artic, the Codex begins to beep, sensing the proximity of Jor-El's forgotten scout ship. Clark leaves to follow the Codex's signal.

Ends up in the Fortress of Solitude. Movie continues.

Nice work putting all that together. That is also very much how I think things will play out. I think the oil rig sequence will be used like a Nolan prologue or a Skyfall's PTS to catch the audience's attention and get them engaged before delving deeply into the story. Also, I'm a little conflicted about whether or not we will get a glimpse of the Kryptonian prologue at the beginning of the film or not. I could see them giving us a quick basic introduction to Jor-El sending off the ship and the Kents finding it like Bruce's fall down the well at the beginning of Begins.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:06 PM   #761
Smallville13
Side-Kick

protocida that scene ordering (esp. the first post) is dead on, I never realized the clothes he's walking away with in the shredded pants are the ones he's petting the dog with. Your second post is a bit more up in the air. It could be he starts in the fishing boats and that's how he sees the oil rig fire.

Another possibility is that meteorite we see behind him when he's casting a net could be what collides with the oil rig setting it aflame.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:11 PM   #762
sup101
Side-Kick

When nolan said snyder had alot of finishing to do, I think he was talking about editing and the structure of the flim.

It's going to be interesting to see how he put the film together.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #763
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
When nolan said snyder had alot of finishing to do, I think he was talking about editing and the structure of the flim.

It's going to be interesting to see how he put the film together.
Hope a year time is sufficient for him to finish it beautifully.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:34 PM   #764
sup101
Side-Kick

Yea let's hope he don't mess it up.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:07 PM   #765
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

I won't be surprised if we don't get Cavill in the Supes costume until the last 45 mins or so of the film, given how Batman Begins started.

Not saying that will happen, just that I wouldn't hold it pass them. However, I still don't want more time in Smallville (7, 12, 18 year old Clark) than Krypton. There is so much that can be explored and is interesting about Krypton's origins. I mean Russell Crowe as Jor-El....that's a movie in and of itself honestly.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Old 12-18-2012, 10:38 PM   #766
UaalaDan
Banned User

I think we definitely won't see Superman in full costume till 1 hour into the movie but we`ll see quite a few of super-feats before that.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:39 PM   #767
Mako
Galactic Crusier

Just noticed he seems to be wearing the key(?) around his neck.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:12 PM   #768
Smallville13
Side-Kick

I hope now that the trailer has landed, Snyder and the cast can reveal more about the film in interviews now. Instead of the hush hush nothing news we've been hearing from them.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:44 PM   #769
Zionite1
Side-Kick

@Protocida your scene ordering seems about right.I think those scenes though will be spaced out wit scenes of the outside world between.Scenes of a world that needs stability,that needs help.The scenes will also show the looming threat of Zod

Old 12-19-2012, 12:19 AM   #770
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK elbowstrike View Post
If there is a prologue that lasts that long on Krypton, the resulting nerdgasm I would have would put me in a hazy stupor. I want this soooo bad now. Crowe vs. Shannon FTW.

I would have no problem with this.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:23 AM   #771
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
30 minutes sounds too long. I wouldn't mind it, but 15 to 20 minutes sounds more plausible in the final cut.

I hope the movie's 2 hours and 30 minutes.

I hope the film is 2 hours and 30 minutes as well.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:28 AM   #772
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagosnati View Post
This is an origin story guys.I will not have probem if the half of movie will saw us the story of krypton until the destruction,and then how he went to smallville and he developed his powers.no movie saw us this.then we can have him as Superman,and see action.i believe that the ideal length must be 3 hours,1 hour krypton,1 hour smallville,one hour Superman.And at the next movies,we will see the develop of the character.

Exactly.

I personally can't wait to see this new origin story for Supes onscree.

It's been long overdue and I'm looking forward to seeing Crowe as Jor El and the Kryptonian backstory.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:20 AM   #773
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
The context of a few scenes is pretty obvious, too.

Oil rig fire. Clark is there.

Clark saves the oil rig.

Clark helps Lois and the workers get to the helicopter.

Explosion, Clark gets sent underwater.

Has flashback. Super-hearing?

Meaningful memory jolts him awake.

Gets out of the water, steals clothes.

Ends up in town.

Sees bus. Has flashback.

Actually I think the movie starts out with picture 8 and leads to picture 9 going off to work. Which somehow later leads to the oil-rig sequence and after that he moves on to his next gig elsewhere at the diner.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:21 AM   #774
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
30 minutes Krypton, 60 min pre-Superman and 60 min Superman. Would work for me.

This would work for me.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:26 AM   #775
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."

So based on what we've seen so far, do we think Clark flies for the first time after putting on his costume and leaving the fortress, or before that?

Curious to see if people prefer to see him fly before he becomes Superman or prefer not to see it until after he suits up for the first time.

Closed Thread