The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 01:27 AM   #151
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
That has been discussed here as a possibility. That Jonathan will then explain to him why it's so important that Clark keep his powers a secret. And that's when he shows Clark the ship.
Sorry, I wasn't here for that part of the discussion.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 12-13-2012, 01:30 AM   #152
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
Sorry, I wasn't here for that part of the discussion.
I didn't mean that we shouldn't discuss it again, just that you're right, it makes sense.

Old 12-13-2012, 02:11 AM   #153
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
You and anyone else who isn't Japanese monsters v. robot movies. Which is most people. Myself included.
Well, I like the concept, but am not seeing much del Toro here. Just looks surprisingly dull and humorless coming from him.

Old 12-13-2012, 02:53 AM   #154
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Ok, haven't had a chance to post my thoughts on the trailer so here goes.

First thing that strikes me is the camera movements within the shots,the hand held feel really gives the film a unique documentary look to it, something we've never really seen in a superhero movie before. I actually think this is a great idea to visually separate the film from other superhero movies.

Next, this film looks as if it's going to be an emotional ride, the moments with Johnathan Kent and how Clark talks about him at the end in the past tense signals to me a father-son story that is going to be the emotional core of the film, hopefully Synder is up to that challenge.

Last, it looks visually superb, which is what I expected, I'm just hoping the story is there to drive the movie.

The most important thing I take away from this is that this is exactly the movie Superman Returns should have been, a new Superman for a new generation. Here's hoping this film does Big Blue the justice he deserves, it's been long overdue.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:32 AM   #155
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Of this trailer craze going on, I easily think MoS is the best one. I might be a bit biased, but even trying to look at it more objectively I think MoS is the best and most effective trailer. It feels the most unique too in it's feel and style. Both Star Trek and Pacific Rim uses the same tricks in the books, ones that are popular at the moment.

Old 12-13-2012, 03:41 AM   #156
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
Of this trailer craze going on, I easily think MoS is the best one. I might be a bit biased, but even trying to look at it more objectively I think MoS is the best and most effective trailer. It feels the most unique too in it's feel and style. Both Star Trek and Pacific Rim uses the same tricks in the books, ones that are popular at the moment.
Agree. They all look stunning visually and Star Trek does look like much fun to be had, but none of them comes close to MOS in terms of story and drama which is what movies are all about. ALL ABOUT!

Old 12-13-2012, 04:01 AM   #157
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

I agree. There may be a great story in Pacific Rim but the trailer just went straight into the action, it actually made it seem like it isn't different from other blockbusters, although it may well could be. I was expecting some sort of dramatic build up in Pacific Rim of some huge catastrophe affecting Earth but it didn't really indicate that as much as I expected in the trailer. So in that way I am glad that Superman isn't going for that approach, even though I was expecting more action.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:10 AM   #158
Zionite1
Side-Kick

I fully expected Pacific Rim to wipe the floor with MOS and Star trek.Instead I found it kinda disappionting.Robots vs Monsters shld be aweosme to watch-yet the fight scenes looked slow and klunky and the monsters looked fairly generic.The amount of water in these scens also makes it a bit difficult to appreciate.Everything else in this trailer was good though-Liked Elba.
It wasnt a bad trailer but it did reduce my interest in this movie.Im hoping the next trailer fixes this problems
Ive got to say MOS and star trek stand out for me as the best.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:12 AM   #159
kal-el1990
Side-Kick

Anyone notched that the trailer has over 9 million views on YouTube?!

That's crazy!!

Old 12-13-2012, 04:28 AM   #160
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal-el1990 View Post

That's crazy!!
1 million of those views are mine.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:02 AM   #161
kal-el1990
Side-Kick

And the other 8 million probably mine

Old 12-13-2012, 05:47 AM   #162
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

9 millions really good, I wonder what the last Superman film got after the first trailer had been released

Old 12-13-2012, 05:51 AM   #163
Mike22
Side-Kick

Is anybody else worried about Monsters University coming out like 8 days after MOS and Will Smith's After Earth ? Because I sure as hell am.
I know that MOS will make it's share of money but unless it breaks some sort of records in it's first week and that's unlikely, it's going to be slowed down considerably by these two movies.

Last edited by Mike22; 12-13-2012 at 06:50 AM.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:30 AM   #164
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal-el1990 View Post

That's crazy!!
10,289,828 to be exact. In less than two days. Not bad. Counting only the highest viewing video of course. Will be interesting to compare it to the first TDKR trailer which has 30.9 mil views. Of course, it's been online for a year now.

But im really liking the overwhelmingly positive response this trailer achieved. Also hearing only good things from my friends abroad, about the reception overseas. And again, it did it by basically just being an extended teaser trailer, with no battles or villain or even much of the plot.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:34 AM   #165
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike22 View Post
Is anybody else worried about Monsters University coming out like 8 days after MOS and Will Smith's After Earth which premieres early July? Because I sure as hell am.
I know that MOS will make it's share of money but unless it breaks some sort of records in it's first week and that's unlikely, it's going to be slowed down considerably by these two movies.
After Earth debuts a week before MOS. And It will get steamrolled in it's second week when MOS opens. I am in no way or shape worried about that film. It doesn't look all that good, it's trailer isn't getting any hype and not all Will Smith films make huge money. Plus, its a M. Night Shyamalan movie.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:36 AM   #166
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

I don't know if this has been posted already, but you can now follow MOS on it's official Twitter page here https://twitter.com/WBManofSteel

Old 12-13-2012, 06:37 AM   #167
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
I don't know if this has been posted already, but you can now follow MOS on it's official Twitter page here https://twitter.com/WBManofSteel
Thanks.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:39 AM   #168
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
10,289,828 to be exact. In less than two days. Not bad. Counting only the highest viewing video of course. Will be interesting to compare it to the first TDKR trailer which has 30.9 mil views. Of course, it's been online for a year now.

But im really liking the overwhelmingly positive response this trailer achieved. Also hearing only good things from my friends abroad, about the reception overseas. And again, it did it by basically just being an extended teaser trailer, with no battles or villain or even much of the plot.
I have a mate who doesn't like Superman and I showed him 3 trailer Oblivions, After Earth and Man of Steel. He said MOS looked decent and the other two were OK so that's a good sign for the film. The trailer really has received positive buzz.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 12-13-2012, 06:42 AM   #169
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Is anybody else worried about Monsters University coming out like 8 days after MOS and Will Smith's After Earth which premieres early July? Because I sure as hell am.
All MOS needs to keep putting out awesome trailers.The one they released was good,but now we need one thats more action oriented.The awesome trailers ensure a strong opening weekend and a strong movie ensures a strong word of mouth.If it achieves this-which it seem very capable of doing-we dont have to worry

Old 12-13-2012, 06:48 AM   #170
Mike22
Side-Kick

Quote:
After Earth debuts a week before MOS. And It will get steamrolled in it's second week when MOS opens. I am in no way or shape worried about that film. It doesn't look all that good, it's trailer isn't getting any hype and not all Will Smith films make huge money. Plus, its a M. Night Shyamalan movie.
Must have gotten the date wrong, and I'm glad I did.
Well honestly I thought it looked pretty good, and big budget Will Smith movies tend to make a whole lot of money, so let us not underestimate it's success on hype and on it being a Shyamalan movie. It could, and most likely will surprise. Smith chooses his roles VERY veeery carefully, he would not have signed his name to this if if wasn't any good.

And What about Monsters University? THAT is a genuine concern.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:00 AM   #171
Mike22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
All MOS needs to keep putting out awesome trailers.The one they released was good,but now we need one thats more action oriented.The awesome trailers ensure a strong opening weekend and a strong movie ensures a strong word of mouth.If it achieves this-which it seem very capable of doing-we dont have to worry
Exactly right. A third and absolutely explosive trailer with Supes going all out will get peoples attention, Snyder just really needs to put a lot of effort into emphasizing the action this time.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:08 AM   #172
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
I agree fully. They did great with this first one and the one for the Super Bowl it has to be ball busting!

However, I'm going to let you guys watch those lol I'm all set. I'm going to ride this first theatrical trailer until opening night. I made it this far on a teaser and bootleg footage. I can do the same for another 6 months. No more spoilers for me friends. I'm going in to this like a 7 year old back in the 80's.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 12-13-2012, 07:10 AM   #173
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I'm sort of worried by Monsters University but you just never know Man of Steel could end up been a monster hit

Old 12-13-2012, 07:12 AM   #174
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
I agree fully. They did great with this first one and the one for the Super Bowl it has to be ball busting!
Do we know for sure that MOS will have a Super Bowl presence? Unless im mistaken, WB doesn't really do those anymore.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:13 AM   #175
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Exactly right. A third and absolutely explosive trailer with Supes going all out will get peoples attention, Snyder just really needs to put a lot of effort into emphasizing the action this time.
I think they'll definitely do that next.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Closed Thread