The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Old 01-30-2013, 04:34 PM   #101
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Default Re: Justice League's Source Material, Issues 183-185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
So I was wondering I mean how will the JL being summoned from Earth to New genesis be handled?Ben racking my brain on that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Boom tubes? Maybe Orion or someone comes to Earth and gathers up the worlds greatest hero.
Right. I'm seeing Boom Tubes as a kind of "hyperspace". If not someone like Orion summoning them and asking them for help, Darkseid and/or his forces may cause havoc on Earth and the JL would follow them back to Apokolips.

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:40 PM   #102
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername8 View Post
Not to take things too off topic, but which characters were unnecessary in Avengers? Black Widow earned her place on the team after her involvement with IM2's story. Hawkeye was handled poorly but is a natural choice to include in BW is in. Then the only other major good guys were Fury who was VERY necessary, Coulson who was just about as necessary, and Hill who is a big name for fans and Fury's right hand so she deserved her place as well. Then there's only Loki and the scientist who had any real prominence but both had significant roles in the plot. So I don't see where your complaint is coming from.

Anyway, back to the discussion at hand, I used to be one of those people who insisted on the original seven and would not have it any other way. But after some time, I've come to support the five character lineup instead with the trinity + GL and Flash. This story, as we all have been saying from the beginning, will be responsible for introducing Wondy and Flash to the GA, but even more than that it needs to give them a reason to care about them and want to come back to see a solo movie down the road. So, they'll need as much screen time as they can muster.

Throwing in Martian Manhunter would make the breathing room tighter for introducing characters and giving them worth. If they save him for a sequel, they can even make the story center around him and have White Martians as villains. But if they must have him in the first movie, he shouldn't be an active, fighting member of the team.

I had an idea a little while back about how they could handle that very idea. Introduce an Agent/Detective Jones who works under the government as a trusted operative on higher level cases. When the Earth is threatened by whatever poses the threat for the movie, he is assigned to keep tabs on the Justice League as they do their thing and becomes their liaison with the government. Towards the end of the movie, we get teased at him having special abilities and we see his eyes glow red or something. Then he makes appearances in the solo movies similar to Coulson in MCU and in the last solo before JL2, he is revealed to be an alien and the White Martians are teased.

But for now, the JL will do alright without him or Fishstick.

IMO....Hawkeye, Widow and even Fury were useless.

Jacksons Fury has been horrendous in every film he has been in IMO.

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:50 PM   #103
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
Right. I'm seeing Boom Tubes as a kind of "hyperspace". If not someone like Orion summoning them and asking them for help, Darkseid and/or his forces may cause havoc on Earth and the JL would follow them back to Apokolips.
That would work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
I'm still in the camp that Justice League: Mortal, with some minor tweaks, would work better as an origin storyline for the Justice League than any Darkseid story. Especially if they want to include the Nolan Batman and Snyder Superman.
But how can you say that without reading the new JL script

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:10 PM   #104
Rainer7
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername8 View Post

Anyway, back to the discussion at hand, I used to be one of those people who insisted on the original seven and would not have it any other way. But after some time, I've come to support the five character lineup instead with the trinity + GL and Flash. This story, as we all have been saying from the beginning, will be responsible for introducing Wondy and Flash to the GA, but even more than that it needs to give them a reason to care about them and want to come back to see a solo movie down the road. So, they'll need as much screen time as they can muster.

Throwing in Martian Manhunter would make the breathing room tighter for introducing characters and giving them worth. If they save him for a sequel, they can even make the story center around him and have White Martians as villains. But if they must have him in the first movie, he shouldn't be an active, fighting member of the team.

I had an idea a little while back about how they could handle that very idea. Introduce an Agent/Detective Jones who works under the government as a trusted operative on higher level cases. When the Earth is threatened by whatever poses the threat for the movie, he is assigned to keep tabs on the Justice League as they do their thing and becomes their liaison with the government. Towards the end of the movie, we get teased at him having special abilities and we see his eyes glow red or something. Then he makes appearances in the solo movies similar to Coulson in MCU and in the last solo before JL2, he is revealed to be an alien and the White Martians are teased.

But for now, the JL will do alright without him or Fishstick.
Very nice idea, I like the Manhunter setup.

Rainer7 is offline   Reply With Quote