Quote:
Originally Posted by robmx522 View Post
clark looks like a super dork !
And your point is?

Old 02-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #703
Kal L
Superman of Earth 2

Default Re: The Official Superman Fan Art & Manips Thread - Part 9

I was reading through some comics and was inspired to modify the MOS Costume to look like the current Earth 2 Superman. I did the belt and cape attachment different but it came out ok.

Here's two other sizes

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8382/8...c7bb7f25_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8092/8...75e4da91_b.jpg

Old 02-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #704
ifriedrice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpyro229 View Post
just Google image search for Henry Cavill ifriedrice...
Not even exaggerating, but I have done lots more of that than I'm willing to admit. Ha. Still, with all my searching, I still haven't found that face (or cape attachment).

Anyway, very nice work. Can't wait to see your next if you're doing anymore. It's good to see all us fans sharing our efforts/thoughts here.

Old 02-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #705
UaalaDan
Banned User

Me too. I havent found that face at all. Thats why this manip is a bit suspicious as to who deserves the credit...Seems to me it was based in an original unreleased pic. If you care to explain how u made that manip, than my doubts about its authenticity would be put to rest.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #706
cwere

The expression is exactly the same as the first released official picture, I think some re-coloring and adjustments made to it in this one. Here is the official pic: Look closely at his face

Old 02-11-2013, 05:18 PM   #707
ifriedrice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwere View Post
The expression is exactly the same as the first released official picture, I think some re-coloring and adjustments made to it in this one. Here is the official pic: Look closely at his face

The amount of skill needed for recoloring that first official pic into what Wade used would be quite a lot for that picture. I actually think it looks closer to the art on the toy boxes, but those still aren't released at high enough quality to do what the manip has. So yeah, that face and cape he used/created are a first.

Regardless, I know for a fact it can be done, but I do believe he has sources to other pics we haven't seen yet. No big deal. He doesn't have to share. It's his stuff.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #708
cwere

Oh well, I am not a manniper at all, regardless how it was made, it is absolutely beatiful, and is currently my wallpaper, I had yours on my desktop for a long while now ifriedrice

Old 02-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #709
CKlov
Side-Kick

well that mannip or should i say part official caused quite a stir in warner bros i had an interesting e.mail asking me to remove all my latest work from deviant art. and if you check his deviant art page its all gone. Comic book movie took it down also. someone leaked that image out some how and now its ruined it for the rest of us.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #710
Naite22
Side-Kick

I can't see Cavill in this picture. I never could. I mean, literally. It's like it's not even him there. He looks nothing like he does in every other photo. It looks to be a totally different actor, even though I know it's not. I just can't recognize him at all.

[/QUOTE]

Old 02-11-2013, 06:01 PM   #711
cwere

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKlov View Post
well that mannip or should i say part official caused quite a stir in warner bros i had an interesting e.mail asking me to remove all my latest work from deviant art. and if you check his deviant art page its all gone. Comic book movie took it down also. someone leaked that image out some how and now its ruined it for the rest of us.
It is still on Comic book movie Cklov, just not on the main page anymore, but I'll be damned, If this is indeed an official pic, even better!!

Old 02-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #712
CKlov
Side-Kick

Quote:
It is still on Comic book movie Cklov, just not on the main page anymore, but I'll be damned, If this is indeed an official pic, even better!!
agreed but i never want another e.mail like that again. thats it for me i will just wait for the movie to come out. they aint happy one bit about that pic leak or partial leak.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:17 PM   #713
ifriedrice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Definitely not an official. Everything on the right side looks like the leaked area, if it is indeed a leak. If not, then djpyro is just really good.

The touching down arm is the main area of question. Consider how long your arm is and how long your leg is from your knee down. Better yet, just go ahead and do the pose. Your arm should be longer. In the manip, they're about the same and the arm isn't bent at the elbow (which would be the only way to make them the same length).

Old 02-11-2013, 06:17 PM   #714
Simo
Side-Kick

Thats bizarre. Not sure how deviantart covers users use of licenses and whatnot but if WB pulled that fan made picture then you'd think every other Superman or MOS artwork on the site should be pulled too...

Old 02-11-2013, 06:18 PM   #715
cwere

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKlov View Post
agreed but i never want another e.mail like that again. thats it for me i will just wait for the movie to come out. they aint happy one bit about that pic leak or partial leak.
Man, must have been a stressful e-mail I just checked out his deviantart page and everything is gone as you said

Old 02-11-2013, 06:21 PM   #716
cwere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifriedrice View Post
Definitely not an official. Everything on the right side looks like the leaked area, if it is indeed a leak. If not, then djpyro is just really good.

The touching down arm is the main area of question. Consider how long your arm is and how long your leg is from your knee down. Better yet, just go ahead and do the pose. Your arm should be longer. In the manip, they're about the same and the arm isn't bent at the elbow (which would be the only way to make them the same length).
Just did the pose and observed my body infront of the mirror, yeah you are definitely right ifriedrice

Old 02-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #717
UaalaDan
Banned User

Ha! I knew there was something iffy about the authenticity of that manip. He probably used an unreleased original pic, made a manip out of it and claimed it his own. With all due respect, his other work is horrible when compared to this image.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #718
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifriedrice View Post

Ahhh now I can't unsee his super short arm! Personally I wouldn't take that as meaning the image can't be official, in fact photoshop oversights like that remind me of all too many official photos and posters.
Can't find the article on CBM about the image anymore either.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #719
CKlov
Side-Kick

well correction i got the e.mail and deviant deleted mine straight away. i did'nt mean no harm was just a bit of fun, I have been manipping for years back when superman returns was on in the planet forums. and here also but under other names. i mean on there i had a hd forum thread i used to post superman hd screenshots i had no problem there.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #720
CKlov
Side-Kick

yeh well im telling everyon here that he in fact must of got that from a show or somthing. dont know but just to warn you all that warner bros is watching. and is not happy.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #721
UaalaDan
Banned User

I think the right arm is a manip. The rest looks like an unreleased official pic. The face, symbol, cape attachment, etc.

He is not that good, hence why WB asked it to be removed. That's not cool for an artist to do: Grab an unreleased image and claim it his own.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #722
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Darn it! Someone was marketing Man of Steel for us! We need to shut them up!

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:32 PM   #723
CKlov
Side-Kick

why ask me to remove my stuff tho lol maybe because i used to toys armor over the empire pics. i dunno i have done nothing wrong the next time it will be drawings lol they cant ask me to remove them.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:36 PM   #724
Krumm
Beer Snob

I wonder why the arm would be manipulated...

Old 02-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #725
CKlov
Side-Kick

well i honest to god think that, that image is an unofficial no released official proberly for a banner, i still welcome it, Its awsome.

Closed Thread