The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 12-18-2012, 03:44 AM   #126
LordofhouseEl
Side-Kick

Default Re: Man Of Steel Trailer Crowd Reactions Thread

Its probably Cavills chest hair and beard putting the ladies of.

LordofhouseEl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:08 AM   #127
EtherMagic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMike335!! View Post
AlrightÖ Here GOES.

So, I saw the Hobbit the other night with my friend Knobby on Friday. Now being the wupped self he was, he brings with his Morbidly obese girlfriend. Knobby is sort of a quiet fellow you see, he hurt his knee in a Rugby game 4 years ago, and has not been them same since, even though he is about 6í5" and 300 pound man mountain. So, heís been dating this complexion challenged Manatee for a while now. Sheís like the Emperor from Star wars, but uglier due to the massive facial acne and dark whiskers growing out of a mole that might as well be a conjoined twin. Having her with us is painful. Its like seeing your friend having his gonads ruptured in slow motion by a leviathan from the Barrier.

So anyway, me and Knobby was all stuck in one of those "what do you wanna do?", "Dur I dunno, what do you wanna do?", convos, when I suggested we see a movie about midgets. Now, Knobby is a nice fellow, but he loves nothing more than giggling about "lilí folks, so he was sold. Thatís when Ursula the sea witch called him up and threatened to wither his soul or some **** if he did not drive over to her likely condemned dwelling place and pic her up.

We get there and load her in the side door, and after an impressive effort we got the vehicle to begin rolling. It was cold out, and the engine has some trouble, specially with the three of us heavyweights on board.

Now we get to the theatre, and there was this cute girl working the concessions, and to get her number I had to pretend to not be with Knobby, not because of him, but the creature from the Succubus lagoon.

So we load into the packed theatre, and found a spot for three near the highest railing in the theatre room. Got sorta dizzy looking down.

We see the other trailers and then finally, it is JUST THERE. The Man of Steel trailer in all its epicness. The Audience is Silent, and I just utter one little phrase. "Iím so glad they cast henry Cavill". That was all it took, and Ursula the sociopath Manatee stood her rottenness up, getting right in front of me, causing me to miss the trailer. It was like she was using her girth to blot out the sun. She screams in my face "**** YOU! YOU must have KNOWN I had a Crush on Brandon since the last one and its fanís like YOU demanding a reboot that Iíll NEVER get a sequel!!!!" She now had the theatres entire attention, as she went insane on me. I was in shock, like a dear in headlights, not knowing what to say, and she reached forth her sausage like fingers and grabbed my throat, her bloated form starting to smoother me. I looked like a guy out on the surface of Mars with no air flailing in aggony beneath the Ogre's clutches.

I rolled my eyes toward Knobby who was in just as much shock seeing his wicked giantess girlfriend attempting to Murder his only reach Pal. She had already ruined the trailer for the whole theatre, the crazed fan attempting to crush my windpipe. She sneered at Knobby "Donít you dare ****ing move or I swear Iíll dump you right here, leaving you forever and Incel!"

Then it happened. Knobby snapped like Darth Vader on the Emperor. With inhuman strength he hoisted the living mountain of zits into the air and cast her down over the railing. We could hear her frothing curses until she landed into what looked like a trash dumpster at the bottom. She likely survived and skulked away but its now over between her and Knobby.

I took him out to the lobby, and with his newfound confidence we went out clubbing, and he got numbers from 3 hot babes, all of whom agreed that Henry Cavill is sexy, when he showed them on his smart phone.

Later we snuck back into the theatre, and watched the trailer, uninterrupted by any sociopath SR fans. The whole theatre Cheered for a second time, and Knobby giggled in delight at the Hobbits. Particularly the heavy set fellow. It was a great night. One to be remembered in all Middle Earth.

I must have laughed for 5 min straight!!! LMAO I know the feeling of having someone with you at a movie voicing there retarted opinions! You have some great wording when discribing people! LOL

Thanks 4 THE LAUGH

"But there is nothing wrong with making a film about him a bit edgier and less corny."
EtherMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:07 AM   #128
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
Haha there needs to be a reaction thread for that post alone.
lol I Agree.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

The Shield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:12 AM   #129
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Finally got around to seeing The Hobbit (regular frame rate) and they played the teaser in front of it. I can't express how pissed I was. Not just because I didn't get to experience it in a theater setting, but because it's such a huge wasted opportunity by WB. This was the best theater at one of the largest cities in the US and they can't show the proper version? I understand that the theater has some say in what trailers are played, but damn it, WB, you had a major opportunity to display this amazing trailer in front of the biggest theater-going crowd you'll have for the next 6 months and you blew it completely.

PS, the Hobbit was fantastic. I was really surprised at how good it was.

ElDuderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:27 AM   #130
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Holy ****, the above post was a funny, man! I'm still not sure if it actually happened or not..

This guy really should write short stories. Totally reminded me of Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy for some reason. Priceless.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #131
knowsbleed
electrically relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMike335!! View Post
Alright… Here GOES.

So, I saw the Hobbit the other night with my friend Knobby on Friday. Now being the wupped self he was, he brings with his Morbidly obese girlfriend. Knobby is sort of a quiet fellow you see, he hurt his knee in a Rugby game 4 years ago, and has not been them same since, even though he is about 6’5" and 300 pound man mountain. So, he’s been dating this complexion challenged Manatee for a while now. She’s like the Emperor from Star wars, but uglier due to the massive facial acne and dark whiskers growing out of a mole that might as well be a conjoined twin. Having her with us is painful. Its like seeing your friend having his gonads ruptured in slow motion by a leviathan from the Barrier.

So anyway, me and Knobby was all stuck in one of those "what do you wanna do?", "Dur I dunno, what do you wanna do?", convos, when I suggested we see a movie about midgets. Now, Knobby is a nice fellow, but he loves nothing more than giggling about "lil’ folks, so he was sold. That’s when Ursula the sea witch called him up and threatened to wither his soul or some **** if he did not drive over to her likely condemned dwelling place and pic her up.

We get there and load her in the side door, and after an impressive effort we got the vehicle to begin rolling. It was cold out, and the engine has some trouble, specially with the three of us heavyweights on board.

Now we get to the theatre, and there was this cute girl working the concessions, and to get her number I had to pretend to not be with Knobby, not because of him, but the creature from the Succubus lagoon.

So we load into the packed theatre, and found a spot for three near the highest railing in the theatre room. Got sorta dizzy looking down.

We see the other trailers and then finally, it is JUST THERE. The Man of Steel trailer in all its epicness. The Audience is Silent, and I just utter one little phrase. "I’m so glad they cast henry Cavill". That was all it took, and Ursula the sociopath Manatee stood her rottenness up, getting right in front of me, causing me to miss the trailer. It was like she was using her girth to blot out the sun. She screams in my face "**** YOU! YOU must have KNOWN I had a Crush on Brandon since the last one and its fan’s like YOU demanding a reboot that I’ll NEVER get a sequel!!!!" She now had the theatres entire attention, as she went insane on me. I was in shock, like a dear in headlights, not knowing what to say, and she reached forth her sausage like fingers and grabbed my throat, her bloated form starting to smoother me. I looked like a guy out on the surface of Mars with no air flailing in aggony beneath the Ogre's clutches.

I rolled my eyes toward Knobby who was in just as much shock seeing his wicked giantess girlfriend attempting to Murder his only reach Pal. She had already ruined the trailer for the whole theatre, the crazed fan attempting to crush my windpipe. She sneered at Knobby "Don’t you dare ****ing move or I swear I’ll dump you right here, leaving you forever and Incel!"

Then it happened. Knobby snapped like Darth Vader on the Emperor. With inhuman strength he hoisted the living mountain of zits into the air and cast her down over the railing. We could hear her frothing curses until she landed into what looked like a trash dumpster at the bottom. She likely survived and skulked away but its now over between her and Knobby.

I took him out to the lobby, and with his newfound confidence we went out clubbing, and he got numbers from 3 hot babes, all of whom agreed that Henry Cavill is sexy, when he showed them on his smart phone.

Later we snuck back into the theatre, and watched the trailer, uninterrupted by any sociopath SR fans. The whole theatre Cheered for a second time, and Knobby giggled in delight at the Hobbits. Particularly the heavy set fellow. It was a great night. One to be remembered in all Middle Earth.

I wish I could signature this entire post. You've won the thread.[/closethread]

knowsbleed is a vagatarian
knowsbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #132
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

I want part II or something. When they actually go see MOS.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #133
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Yes. There just has to be a sequel.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #134
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
Yes. There just has to be a sequel.
Man Of Steel : Knobby Returns

Knobby... Sounds like some sad character from a kid's show...

Old 12-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #135
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Hahaha "Knobby Returns"! I almost choked. I loved his friends name. It was perfect. I wan't to be his friend.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:00 AM   #136
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
Hahaha "Knobby Returns"! I almost choked. I loved his friends name. It was perfect. I wan't to be his friend.
Me too, man.

Knobby, the not so gentle giant.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #137
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Twitter reactions here
http://www.boxoffice.com/articles/20...t-man-of-steel
Pretty impressive. WB must be shocked-I often get the feeling they underestimate Superman.The reaction to the trailer may cause them to reevaluate Pacific rim as their main movie for 2013 because it looks like the public is as of now more excited to see Man of steel

Zionite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:41 PM   #138
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Me too, man.

Knobby, the not so gentle giant.
Poor Knobby lol He had to show his dark mountain man side.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #139
Coca Cola Duracell Franklin.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
Twitter reactions here
Pretty impressive. WB must be shocked-I often get the feeling they underestimate Superman.The reaction to the trailer may cause them to reevaluate Pacific rim as their main movie for 2013 because it looks like the public is as of now more excited to see Man of steel
Warner placed Pacific Rim over Man of Steel?

Somebody let me run that company...

Coca Cola Duracell Franklin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #140
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Twitter reactions here
This is really cool to read. As a life long fan of Superman it's feels good. Lets see how WB treat this reaction from the public. Maybe a Super Bowl spot this time around.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:49 PM   #141
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

it boggles my mind why they are letting some theaters show the TEASER or no trailer at all.

you'd think it would be a mandate from WB that the new MOS trailer be attached to ALL showings of the Hobbit........

it's like.......hello?? it's so logical.........oh wait.......this is WB......

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:56 PM   #142
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Yeah I really don't understand it either. I went into the same movie's previews, one on regular 3D and the other on 3D IMAX in the same theater and they only had it on the IMAX. I asked one of the employees how the IMAX showing was doing and she said that alot of people are passing on that showing because it's too expensive. And When I went in there she was right bc there had to be maybe 10 people in there.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:04 PM   #143
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

yeah......that's stupid. I don't even have an IMAX in my town.........and not everyone wants to go to IMAX. as you said..........it's extra money.

I mean......the Hobbit is a WB film. What are 2 big WB films coming out next year? MOS and PR.

so, it would make all the sense in the world for WB to mandate that those 2 trailers are attached to all showings of the Hobbit. y'know.......to promote your own movies!!!

ay.......

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:13 PM   #144
The Shield
It's really Happening!

I would really like to think there is some grand plan for the whole thing... and maybe that's why I don't work for WB bc I can't think of what that is.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:24 PM   #145
Heat Vision
Side-Kick

Quote:
Twitter reactions here
You can't understimate such an iconic character.

Heat Vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:27 PM   #146
sup101
It'S oN!mY tImE tO sHiNe!

Who said wb placed Pacific Rim over Man of Steel?That's just pure speculation.

Who said wb underestimated Superman?That's just pure speculation.

It's silly how people write stuff without any real information to back it up.

You can't go by what you think and sound off as if it's tru.

sup101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:34 PM   #147
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I really hope this does well so we can get a trilogy. I also hope this makes WBs rethink rushing into Justice League.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:38 PM   #148
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I really hope this does well so we can get a trilogy. I also hope this makes WBs rethink rushing into Justice League.
Actually I think MOS doing well well only encourage them to jump into Justcce league.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #149
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Actually I think MOS doing well well only encourage them to jump into Justcce league.
Here's my thoughts though, Justice League will make money anyway but why through Batman and Superman together when they can make money on their own? Plus look at the Dark Knight trilogy, it was a massive hit wouldn't WBs want that for Superman? I actually think it makes more sense to shelve Justice League and have a proper run at the solo projects.

Don't get me wrong I'm not against Justice League but I'd rather have a Superman trilogy first and Justice League later.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:52 PM   #150
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Here's my thoughts though, Justice League will make money anyway but why through Batman and Superman together when they can make money on their own? Plus look at the Dark Knight trilogy, it was a massive hit wouldn't WBs want that for Superman? I actually think it makes more sense to shelve Justice League and have a proper run at the solo projects.

Don't get me wrong I'm not against Justice League but I'd rather have a Superman trilogy first and Justice League later.
I agree with wanting a superman trilogy first and a justice league later.I do think it makes more sense to shelve JL and have a proper run at the solos.

But Greed talks.Why wld Wb settle for having MOS alone when they can go for JL as well?Thats 2 hit franchises the equivalent of their own Ironman and Avengers.WB is in serious need of tentpoles after TDKR and Harry potter ended.