The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Actors from Original trilogy returning for a possible Days of Future past?
Ellen Page as Shadowcat 67 41.36%
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine 105 64.81%
Halle Berry as Storm 56 34.57%
Anna Paquin as Rogue 55 33.95%
James Marsden as Cyclops 82 50.62%
Ben Foster as Angel 28 17.28%
Kelsey Grammer as Beast 46 28.40%
Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler 49 30.25%
Shawn Ashmore as Iceman 48 29.63%
Famke Janssen as Jean Grey 64 39.51%
Taylor Kitsch as Gambit 39 24.07%
Daniel Cudmore as Colossus 44 27.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #251
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Let me bookmark all of this to rub in your face in 2014.
Please do.

But as you do so, please take note of the fact that we have nearly 10 years, four completed films (plus FC with cameos) and two more in development that support my position that this will be a Wolverine-driven/ POV film. This upcoming film will be told through his point of view...as has every movie in this franchise. Will it be "Wolverine & Friends"? Yes. The question is, to what degree.

The past informs the future. We'll see who's face gets rubbed.

Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 12-20-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:02 PM   #252
JP
Smelly

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Please do.

But as you do so, take note of the fact that I have nearly 10 years and 4 completed films (plus cameos) and two more in development that support my position that this will be a Wolverine-heavy film.

Just like Bryan being involved in First Class meant THAT was going to be a Wolverine centric film with no imagination and colorless costumes with no team element. Of course everyone was proved wrong, only to come up with this ridiculous assessment that it was all Vaughn and no Singer.

You can say all you want, but this is a sequel to A BRYAN SINGER FILM that is an adaptation to a popular comic book arc that involves Wolverine. There is NO indication that he will be the star, cause he won't.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:04 PM   #253
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Please do.

But as you do so, please take note of the fact that we have nearly 10 years, four completed films (plus FC with cameos) and two more in development that support my position that this will be a Wolverine-driven/ POV film. He will be the leading man of this upcoming film; it will be told through his point of view...as has every film in this franchise.

Knowing Byran, I would totally agree with you. But the fact that Hugh was cast this late in the game when the script was already far into development has me hoping that it'll be more balanced. I know... it'll be a first!

Old 12-20-2012, 07:10 PM   #254
def28
Side-Kick

Theres no way Jackman hasnt been in the now on this project till recently. Being a producer on two X Men films and having a solid relationship with the people at Fox and Singer, IM sure hes been fully aware of his role in this film for a bit. Especially since Millar said The Wolverine ties into DOFP. Official announcements have barely just started. I think the main players will be the FC crew (Prof X and Mags) but Jackman could very well have a decent sized role in this flick. Right when Vaughn and Singer decided to this story it had to be a given Logan was in it.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:11 PM   #255
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
In my opinion, they failed by excluding not only Wolverine for First Class, but the other three marquee X-Men characters: Cyclops, Jean and Storm. Instread they crammed the film with B and C-list characters no one cares about.

I mean really...who gives a damn about some Angel chick who vomits burning spit at you from above? Or a speechless Latino guy with makeshift tornado powers?
All through the production, I defended FC and although I still love the film and it's production quality... I really do question why they decided to go with all those lame new characaters. I wouldn't have added Wolverine though for more than just the cameo that he had.

At this point I'd keep Xavier, Mags, Emma, Beast, and Mystique and drop the rest because I could care less about them. And even though fans on this board have always disagreed with me about this point, I really don't think the general audience cares about (or even remembers them too much) either.

EDIT: Oh wait, I'd keep Azazel because he's cool visually and ties into Nightcrawler (potentially).

Old 12-20-2012, 07:12 PM   #256
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Theres no way Jackman hasnt been in the now on this project till recently. Being a producer on two X Men films and having a solid relationship with the people at Fox and Singer. IM sure hes been fully aware of his role in this film for a bit. Especially since Millar said The Wolverine ties into DOFP. Official announcements have barely just started. I think the main players will be the FC crew but Jackman could very well have a decent sized role in this flick.
I'm sure he was in the know, but they wouldn't write the whole script around him before making sure the casting was 100%. That's all I'm trying to say.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:13 PM   #257
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
I'm sure he was in the know, but they wouldn't write the whole script around him before making sure the casting was 100%. That's all I'm trying to say.
Gotcha. Im sure it was discussed ahead of time though just not official till now. Cant have DOFP without Logan to some degree.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #258
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Gotcha. Im sure it was discussed ahead of time though just not official till now. Cant have DOFP without Logan to some degree.
I really just hope that the original cast is used for an epic future world where they are fighting for their lives in an all out rebellion. I don't think more than one person (or subconscious) should be going back in time.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:19 PM   #259
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Agreed. It would be stupid not to have him in the movie.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:19 PM   #260
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
I really just hope that the original cast is used for an epic future world where they are fighting for their lives in an all out rebellion. I don't think more than one person (or subconscious) should be going back in time.

Agreed. However they do end up handling that aspect, no need for multiple people to be sent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Agreed. It would be stupid not to have him in the movie.
Yeah, I see no way how you could get around his involvement.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:37 PM   #261
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
All through the production, I defended FC and although I still love the film and it's production quality... I really do question why they decided to go with all those lame new characaters.
Perhaps it was simply a matter of keeping the focus primarily on Erik and Charles, and to a lesser degree Raven and Hank.

If they made FC with big-name characters like Jean and Scott, they couldn't have possibly treated them the same way they did characters like Havok and Banshee, and I can't see the fans being happy with that either. They and their stories would have needed far more attention. Which would mean taking away screen time from the four characters mentioned above.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:38 PM   #262
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
In my opinion, they failed by excluding not only Wolverine for First Class, but the other three marquee X-Men characters: Cyclops, Jean and Storm. Instread they crammed the film with B and C-list characters no one cares about.

I mean really...who gives a damn about some Angel chick who vomits burning spit at you from above? Or a speechless Latino guy with makeshift tornado powers?
Well, we pretty much know why they did what they did. They didn't make it a total reboot, and they chose to set it in the 60s to show when Xavier and Magneto were young men.

As a prequel, it couldn't have Cyclops, Jean and Storm. But then they showed glimpses of those three in the Cerebro sequence, and then they didn't line up the continuity properly.

Rebooting would also mean the familiar faces of the original trilogy (Berry, McKellen, Jackman, Stewart, Janssen, Marsden, Paquin, Romijn) were ditched for ever - and the casting was pretty good in that original trilogy. Not perfect for the characters but somehow memorable.

But, yes, Angel Salvadore and Riptide were odd choices. You mentioned whether directors are influenced by their personal lifestyles - what does that say about Vaughn, considering every woman in the film ended up in lingerie at some point!?

I'm pretty sure that unknown actors + unknown characters didn't help the box office much.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:48 PM   #263
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

There was no glimpse of Jean in Cerebro.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:56 PM   #264
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
Perhaps it was simply a matter of keeping the focus primarily on Erik and Charles, and to a lesser degree Raven and Hank.

If they made FC with big-name characters like Jean and Scott, they couldn't have possibly treated them the same way they did characters like Havok and Banshee, and I can't see the fans being happy with that either. They and their stories would have needed far more attention. Which would mean taking away screen time from the four characters mentioned above.
That's a good point. I had no problem with seeing Havok and Banshee (even though I didn't like Havok's power depiction as red energy or the hula-hoop manoeuvre).

Some of the other characters do seem odd choices, especially for the fans who know the source material.

Emma Frost sort of worked, despite contradicting the 'other Emma' in XMO: Wolverine and despite the fact the Hellfire Club was rather short-lived and not the long-running shadowy organisation of the comics. Azazel was fine. Angel Salvadore and Riptide fitted story requirements (a flying mutant to go up against Banshee, and a destructive mutant to bring down the jet) but were otherwise not what people wanted. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver might have been better choices, even if their ages would have meant they couldn't really have been Magneto's children.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:58 PM   #265
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
There was no glimpse of Jean in Cerebro.
There's a girl in the sequence who many believe was supposed to be Jean Grey.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:06 PM   #266
JP
Smelly

I wish people wouldn't take 3 second cameos that are just for the fans so seriously.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #267
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I wish people wouldn't take 3 second cameos that are just for the fans so seriously.
The problem is that those cameos (and also the Beast on TV cameo in X2) only come back to haunt the studio when continuity contradictions occur later on.

Considering they deliberately opted not to use Storm, Jean and Cyclops in First Class, because they wouldn't have been born, then it seemed odd to then put (what appeared to be young versions of) them in the Cerebro sequence.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:16 PM   #268
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
There's a girl in the sequence who many believe was supposed to be Jean Grey.
There's no many people that believe it was Jean, only a few posters here. And the screen shot is of a brunette Hispanic girl. It isn't Jean.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:04 PM   #269
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
I still think it was a mistake to have Raven have such a pivotal role in the Charles/Magneto dynamic. She worked so much better as a cunning, silent-but-deadly second-in-command to Magneto.

Sometimes less is more. That and Jennifer just didn't do a convincing Mystique, for me at least.

Beast in FC, as played by Hoult can also be improved tremendously too. And that make-up. Yikes!

So provided the end product, and most of the lame character choices in FC I would've been ok with an Xavier and Magneto only (with comic book supporting characters) origin story. But hindsight is 20/20.

Does anyone have a pic of the supposed Jean during the Cerebro sequence?

Old 12-20-2012, 09:09 PM   #270
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Does anyone have a pic of the supposed Jean during the Cerebro sequence?
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 12-20-2012, 09:12 PM   #271
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Ok that's definitely** not Jean LOL

**the correct spelling of definitely. NOT definetly

Old 12-20-2012, 09:38 PM   #272
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

People think that's Jean? LMAO!

Old 12-20-2012, 09:40 PM   #273
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Only a handful of people here. It's not like the general audience thinks its supposed to be Jean at all.

Old 12-20-2012, 10:30 PM   #274
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Could be Magma.

Magma's shirt is backwards LOL

Old 12-20-2012, 11:27 PM   #275
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Not Jean .... But ugh, isn't the boy Scott?

Closed Thread