The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Actors from Original trilogy returning for a possible Days of Future past?
Ellen Page as Shadowcat 67 41.36%
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine 105 64.81%
Halle Berry as Storm 56 34.57%
Anna Paquin as Rogue 55 33.95%
James Marsden as Cyclops 82 50.62%
Ben Foster as Angel 28 17.28%
Kelsey Grammer as Beast 46 28.40%
Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler 49 30.25%
Shawn Ashmore as Iceman 48 29.63%
Famke Janssen as Jean Grey 64 39.51%
Taylor Kitsch as Gambit 39 24.07%
Daniel Cudmore as Colossus 44 27.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 11:44 PM   #351
JP
Smelly

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
Why do people also assume singer had such a massive hand in first class? He was a producer (they foot the bill) and vaughn directed and still had alot of control. And Im sure singer had more involvement than most producers, but everyone seems to want to credit singer for everything and that's not the case. FC was not "his" film
I know for a fact he did. He was on set almost every day.

There's a reason why he hand picked Vaughn. He was looking for the person who could carry out his vision while WB had him tied up in a film that didn't even shoot until Fist Class was wrapped.

Old 12-22-2012, 11:50 PM   #352
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Par

Singer has admittedly learned from his mistakes with SR so I disagree that he will just do whatever he wants and not care that he's doing a sequel to XFC.

:o
Old 12-23-2012, 12:01 AM   #353
JP
Smelly

I don't understand this fear that Singer is going to suddenly ignore everything he himself laid down in First Class. First Class was Singer's return to the franchise, and despite Vaughn's stylistic hand that seeped through in moments of that film, Singer's hand was overwhelmingly present.

Another fear I don't understand is that DoFP is suddenly going to go back the way things were in the first 2 films, despite Singer AND Millar continually saying things to the contrary.

Last edited by JP; 12-23-2012 at 12:05 AM.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:21 AM   #354
def28
Side-Kick

Never thought FC felt, looked or sounded like Singers films. The dialogue and everything seemed more Vaughn imo. In the interviews Ive heard Vaughn make it clear he made FC his own, and Singer makes it clear that he was there to support,help and make sure everything went smooth on set. Maybe its a bit smoke and mirrors and Singer did have his hand in it more then that...but from the final product I never really questioned it cause everything looked more like Vaughns work to me. He had his hand on whats on screen no doubt just doesnt show at all as much as Vaughn.

Jack And The Giant Slayer doesnt really look like Singers previous films either to me. So maybe Singer has changed his syle a bit. Either way I dont see him switching the FC vibe too dramatically, both that and his own efforts on X1 and 2 were a success with most people. He seems very aware of what people want, and its all based on his Universe when it comes down to it.

Last edited by def28; 12-23-2012 at 03:53 AM.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:03 AM   #355
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Really, I completely felt the Singer-esq vibe from FC, the whole way through. You could have told me he directed it and I would have believed you. Vaughn definitely tried to keep the same tone as the first two, just with his own flare.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:14 AM   #356
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Really, I completely felt the Singer-esq vibe from FC, the whole way through. You could have told me he directed it and I would have believed you. Vaughn definitely tried to keep the same tone as the first two, just with his own flare.
I dont get that at all.

Old 12-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #357
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Look at Superman Returns,Mockingbird line,and trailer for Jack The Giant Slayer you can
see Bryan Singer can totally do something with tone of First Class.Directors who turn over to producers on films raely remain as hands on as Singer was on First Class.

Matthew Vaughn laregly brought these elements In

Focused more on Magneto than Xavier
Brought In the Beast and Mystique relationship
Brought In the james Bond vibe

Old 12-23-2012, 11:15 AM   #358
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Look at Superman Returns,Mockingbird line,and trailer for Jack The Giant Slayer you can
see Bryan Singer can totally do something with tone of First Class.Directors who turn over to producers on films raely remain as hands on as Singer was on First Class.

Matthew Vaughn laregly brought these elements In

Focused more on Magneto than Xavier
Brought In the Beast and Mystique relationship
Brought In the james Bond vibe
and rewrote the script and directed the whole film. I have no way of comapring the differences in drafts. If someone has read it I would love to hear the comparisons. Excluding Superman, I agree Singer looks like hes been taking on projects with a different vibe. I think Jack and The Giant Slayer looks like alot of fun and very different from his other projects.

Old 12-23-2012, 12:19 PM   #359
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

But vaughn didn't scrap everything before or else he and Jane Goldman would have received full writing credit.The fact while filming In London Singer being at set every
day and during release Singer was part of a lot of Inteviews In fact more than Lauren
Shueller Donnor.He even talked about as First Class was being relased balancing between being serious and having fun.

I am expecting a balance In DOFP between seriousness and havin fun.The future scenes will defently be dark and serious but the past will allow for some lighter moments as well as allowing Singer to use speculcar.Expect large scale X-Men VS brotherhood.The AVengers had Avengers Vs Generatic aliens.Well In DOFP they can have hugh Superhero Vs Supervillain teams.He's also likely to wat to callback to DOFP to First Class,X-Men,and X2.When he said In Interview back to when he was still just producing they were going to connect dots between films he was probally meaning between First Class,X-Men,and X2.Inless Ellen Page Is returning as Kitty I don't see much reference being made to Last Stand.

Giving Singer more time and more money Is likely going to pay off In final results.

Old 12-23-2012, 12:29 PM   #360
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
But vaughn didn't scrap everything before or else he and Jane Goldman would have received full writing credit.The fact while filming In London Singer being at set every
day and during release Singer was part of a lot of Inteviews In fact more than Lauren
Shueller Donnor.He even talked about as First Class was being relased balancing between being serious and having fun.
Quote:
Jane [Goldman] and I wrote the screenplay, threw everything out and started again. Sheldon Turner somehow managed to get a ‘Story By’ credit.
I just go by the interviews I heard with him and Singer. I take it Fox and Singer collaborated with the idea of mashing Magneto and FC together, picked the mutants and Singer had the Cuban missle crisis idea. They wrote a draft gave it to Vaugh and he scraped it and made it his own. In no way am I saying Singer had little to do with this film. The final product is just more showcasing Vaughn.
Quote:

Giving Singer more time and more money Is likely going to pay off In final results.
Yup. I think this film is gonna own over FC and X2. I have no doubts about it being awesome so far.

Last edited by def28; 12-23-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:51 PM   #361
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Yes I realize Vaughn claimed that.That doesn't mean it's true.Singer felt the first writer of First Class should have received somekind of writing credit.Remember on first X-Men several writers worked on It and the last one-David Hayter got screenplay credit.The thor writers who worked on first Class have disputed vaughn's claims.

There has been no indication Singer ever read the Magneto script.It's very much In Singer's thing to dismiss screnplays written before he comes on project.It happened on first X-Men and Superman.He happened on first Class too.It will be curious to know who receives story credit for DOFP.Just Vaughn,Vaughn and Jane Goldman or Vaughn and Singer.

By all acounts It was singer who decided to set It In early 1960's focusing on Xavier and Magneto with cuban Missile crisis as backdrop of climax and having Xavier crippled and he and magneto going their seperate ways at end.Lauren Shueller donnor and SImon Kinberg suggested to him using hellfire club as Villains and then Singer picked the characters.When Singer brought on vaughn to direct Vaughn made It more focused on Magneto,dropped Sunspot from Hellfire club,and reduced Moira's role.Some reports said
Kinberg did last minute script polishing(he could have asked for credit but declined)

I always saw First Class as collorbation between Singer and Vaughn.They both deserve credit for 2011's best Comic film.

DOFP has poential to finally overtake X2 as best X-Men film.Once the full list of first Class and Original trilogy actors are known It will be easier to speculate on what to expect In DOFP

Old 12-23-2012, 12:54 PM   #362
JP
Smelly

Sheldon Turner wrote the Magneto script. Both Vaughn, Singer, and Fox were all likely surprised by his Story Credit. But these things are generally out of their control.

Also, looks like someone went a bit crazy with the "Rumored" actors on IMDB. Though, this would honestly be my ideal cast.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1877832/fullcredits#cast

Old 12-23-2012, 01:06 PM   #363
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes I realize Vaughn claimed that.That doesn't mean it's true.Singer felt the first writer of First Class should have received somekind of writing credit.Remember on first X-Men several writers worked on It and the last one-David Hayter got screenplay credit.The thor writers who worked on first Class have disputed vaughn's claims.
If the whole thing was Vaughn bsing, then I have no idea about any of that. It seems another assumption.

All I know about Vaughn is he likes to do his own thing. Being a puppet for Singer never went through my head. Nor did it seem that was the case in interveiws between either of them. I think Singer let Vaughn do his thing and helped and supported him when needed.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #364
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Sheldon Turner was able to get writing credit since his magneto script had elements similar to first Class although It's very unlikely SInger ever read It.

I saw that on IMDB.That would have James Marsden and halle Berry would join Patrick stewert,Ian Mckellan,and Hugh jackman and Rose Byrne,January Jones,and Jason Fleming would join James Mcavoy,Michael Fassbender,Jennifer Lawrence,and Nicholas Hoult.

Take this will grain of salt but their trivia section claims

several actors from X-Men trilogy will travel back In time to first Class era and Patrick Stewert and Ian Mckellen will Interact with james Mcavoy and michael fassbender

Elements from all-New X-men series will be used as well as from Days of future Past

Time travel will be used to reconcile contunity by the time travel removing certain elements from Original Trilogy's Contunity(In particular the events of The Last Stand)
while allowing for more films with original films actors and also allowing for more films with first Class cast

Doing days of future past may be factor Matthew Vaughn decided not to direct.He wanted to do a more direct sequel to First Class with Magneto being responable for JFK's assassination and using the civil rights movement and Vietnam war as backdrop.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:20 PM   #365
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

you shouldn't even take a grain of salt with that.. considering there's ZERO truth to any of that.. and it's just been theories (some even by hypesters) who've come up with that stuff... there's absolutely no truth yet

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 12-23-2012, 01:28 PM   #366
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
If the whole thing was Vaughn bsing, then I have no idea about any of that. It seems another assumption.

All I know about Vaughn is he likes to do his own thing. Being a puppet for Singer never went through my head. Nor did it seem that was the case in interveiws between either of them. I think Singer let Vaughn do his thing and helped and supported him when needed.
I never claimed Vaughn was a Singer puppet.Just that both of them deserve credit for First Class.It was collorbation between them.Vaughn took singer's story and Ideas and made them fit Into draft to suit him.He obviously downplayed any draft befor ehim expect for singer's original treatment.
At times during Interviews vaughn came off more Intrested In doing a 1960's bond like story than an X-Men film.I am sure the reboot and prequel talk from vaughn was because Singer wanted a certain amount of It to connect to his films but allowed vaughn to make a fresh film that made some liberties but would still be tied to other films.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:33 PM   #367
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
you shouldn't even take a grain of salt with that.. considering there's ZERO truth to any of that.. and it's just been theories (some even by hypesters) who've come up with that stuff... there's absolutely no truth yet
Well after the rumored actors were mentioned I thought I would mention what they claimed.It may end up most likely be BS but I thought I would mention
that.

If they did a major change to DOFP I think It's more likely Instead of cable or bishop they would more than 1 person from future go to past.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:13 PM   #368
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Also, looks like someone went a bit crazy with the "Rumored" actors on IMDB. Though, this would honestly be my ideal cast.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1877832/fullcredits#cast
It just annoys me that "Mystique" is first-billed. I know it's not going to be like that in the film, posters, trailers etc but that really irritates me.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:16 PM   #369
JP
Smelly

That's a random thing to be irritated by...

IMDB is ordered by popularity.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:23 PM   #370
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Yea I know. Just making convo (Although I didn't know imdb was ordered in popularity)

But I think it's a valid concern though. Considering Mystique's shoe-horned expanded role in the Xavier/Magneto dynamic in FC, I hope they start developing Mystique into the Rebecca Romijn (STAMOS!) femme fatale and not the "Let's come up with some codenames! We're CIA agents now! We should have some codenames!"

But I have faith Singer will right this wrong.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:29 PM   #371
JP
Smelly

I see know wrong, but ok.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:32 PM   #372
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I am sure Singer will start devolping Mystique Into version he helped to create only with
more dialogue.I also expect Mystique to only only one In both timelines with Xavier and
Magneto.Although there Is possibilty of Wolverine In both timelines as well.

They will be some contunity with X-Men and X2 as well as First CLass In DOFP.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:47 PM   #373
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

I thought making Mystique an X-man was wrong. I thought her being Xavier's half-sister, even though no hint of this in the previous films (heck I don't remember the two characters looked at each other the entire trilogy) was definitely wrong.

I don't think I'm being daft I accepted a lot of the changes from comic to film. I think I would have been ok with it had the execution been better.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:58 PM   #374
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Mystique was choosen because apart from beast she was only character that could be
used from trilogy to join Xavier and Magneto.

It was Vaughn who came up with her relationship with beast so he may had also been
one to come up with her as Xavier's foster sister.

Old 12-23-2012, 05:21 PM   #375
NanaT
X-Men United!

That IMDb cast would be my ideal line up too. All the big players from the X-Trilogy and from First Class. I patiently, yet eagerly, await for the day when the rumored next to each name disappears.

Closed Thread