The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Actors from Original trilogy returning for a possible Days of Future past?
Ellen Page as Shadowcat 67 41.36%
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine 105 64.81%
Halle Berry as Storm 56 34.57%
Anna Paquin as Rogue 55 33.95%
James Marsden as Cyclops 82 50.62%
Ben Foster as Angel 28 17.28%
Kelsey Grammer as Beast 46 28.40%
Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler 49 30.25%
Shawn Ashmore as Iceman 48 29.63%
Famke Janssen as Jean Grey 64 39.51%
Taylor Kitsch as Gambit 39 24.07%
Daniel Cudmore as Colossus 44 27.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 04:45 PM   #376
Angamb
Banned User

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Sheldon Turner wrote the Magneto script. Both Vaughn, Singer, and Fox were all likely surprised by his Story Credit. But these things are generally out of their control.

Also, looks like someone went a bit crazy with the "Rumored" actors on IMDB. Though, this would honestly be my ideal cast.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1877832/fullcredits#cast
yeah, they just added the Halle and James rumour and the other two actresses from FC that more than likely will return. nothing more, nothing less.

Its not a big deal, guys

Old 12-23-2012, 05:30 PM   #377
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Par

Quote:
That's a random thing to be irritated by...

IMDB is ordered by popularity.
it's only ordered by starmeter if no cast order is assigned...which in this case it wasn't.

Old 12-23-2012, 05:39 PM   #378
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingDee View Post
it's only ordered by starmeter if no cast order is assigned...which in this case it wasn't.
The star meter is based on popularity.

The cast order won't be assigned until maybe a week before this hits theaters.

Old 12-23-2012, 05:46 PM   #379
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Cool. I didn't know any of this so I feel better now.

Old 12-23-2012, 05:49 PM   #380
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Well I wouldn't be surprised If this Is credit list for film's cast assuming I am correct on who returns for both trilogy and First Class

James Mcavoy
Michael fassbender
Hugh Jackman
Jennifer Lawrence
Ian Mckellen
Nicholas Hoult
Halle Berry
Rose Byrne
Anna Paquin
January Jones
Lucas Till
Jason Fleming
Caleb Laundry Jones
Rebecca Romijn
Zoe Kravitz
and Patrick Stewert

If James Marsden and Famke Janssen are In film they would likely be uncredited cameos at end of film as result of time traveling.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:58 PM   #381
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
I thought making Mystique an X-man was wrong. I thought her being Xavier's half-sister, even though no hint of this in the previous films (heck I don't remember the two characters looked at each other the entire trilogy) was definitely wrong.

I don't think I'm being daft I accepted a lot of the changes from comic to film. I think I would have been ok with it had the execution been better.
I don't even think Mystique was a X-Man. They had their blue and yellow uniforms on but for me, it wasn't the X-Men yet. Plus the fact that those uniforms didn't even have those X emblems, it just was not the X-Men yet. In my opinion, X-Men begun when Professor X had a conversation with Moira and Moira said the word X-Men and I think Moira meant X-Men as Xavier's men and anyone who joins him from that moment on will be a member of the X-Men.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 12-24-2012, 12:01 AM   #382
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I don't even think Mystique was a X-Man. They had their blue and yellow uniforms on but for me, it wasn't the X-Men yet. Plus the fact that those uniforms didn't even have those X emblems, it just was not the X-Men yet. In my opinion, X-Men begun when Professor X had a conversation with Moira and Moira said the word X-Men and I think Moira meant X-Men as Xavier's men and anyone who joins him from that moment on will be a member of the X-Men.
Considering the movie was called X-men First Class, I think it's safe to say that group was X-men.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:24 AM   #383
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

That was the first class, but they weren't officially called the X-Men.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:20 AM   #384
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

They might not have been officially given that name X-men but they functioned as X-men, that is, mutants working under the tutelage of Xavier for the betterment of human and mutant relations. Even in that first X-men movie in 2000, it didn't even seem like they are officially called X-men (Xavier explaining to Wolverine that the children at the school "affectionately" call them X-Men). But they were still X-men.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:54 AM   #385
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Maybe she was an honorary X-Man

Old 12-24-2012, 03:35 AM   #386
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
The star meter is based on popularity.
Did I say otherwise? And that's a bit of a simplification. It's based on popularity of the actor's page but also factors in the rank of projects they're listed in and other factors.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:48 PM   #387
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
They might not have been officially given that name X-men but they functioned as X-men, that is, mutants working under the tutelage of Xavier for the betterment of human and mutant relations. Even in that first X-men movie in 2000, it didn't even seem like they are officially called X-men (Xavier explaining to Wolverine that the children at the school "affectionately" call them X-Men). But they were still X-men.
Nope and I could use that argument too that the six of them were the Brotherhood just because it had Magneto and Magneto was definitely not working under Professor X's order, what they had was a partnership.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 12-24-2012, 09:01 PM   #388
Angamb
Banned User

exactly.

that team was under the CIA help, more or less, specially with Moira working with Xavier and the rest

The final scenes of the movie revealed who will be the x-men and who will be part of the brotherhood.

They all were in uniforms, but they didnt say to each other that they all are a new team now. They just worked together on ONE right mission, but that was all.

A real team is something bigger and more complex than that.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:46 PM   #389
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

So I guess Anne Hathaway was not Catwoman because she was never called Catwoman.

Old 12-25-2012, 05:30 PM   #390
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

I sense a bit of denial going on here, as though widespread annoyance at the inclusion of Havok (in particular) and Banshee as the earliest mutants at the school is leading to people now claiming they weren't supposed to be the first X-Men after all.

Will Banshee and Havok be in the sequel? If not, what happened to them? Did Havok go back to prison and Banshee back to hanging around in aquariums?

I think it would be a natural assumption from the film that we saw the formation of the first X-Men and the first Brotherhood.

But, equally, all those mutants don't have to stick with Xavier/Magneto for ever. I think we need some explanation for any absence of Havok, Banshee, Angel Salvadore and Riptide, though.

I'm interested to see how the X-Men and Brotherhood develop in the sequel.

Old 12-25-2012, 05:59 PM   #391
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
So I guess Anne Hathaway was not Catwoman because she was never called Catwoman.
So I guess Kitty was not Shadowcat because she was never called Shadowcat. You are going too far with your argument. When it comes to characters, whether they don't use the codename, Selena will always be Catwoman even if they don't mention her name. But with team of superheroes, its NOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I sense a bit of denial going on here, as though widespread annoyance at the inclusion of Havok (in particular) and Banshee as the earliest mutants at the school is leading to people now claiming they weren't supposed to be the first X-Men after all.

Will Banshee and Havok be in the sequel? If not, what happened to them? Did Havok go back to prison and Banshee back to hanging around in aquariums?

I think it would be a natural assumption from the film that we saw the formation of the first X-Men and the first Brotherhood.

But, equally, all those mutants don't have to stick with Xavier/Magneto for ever. I think we need some explanation for any absence of Havok, Banshee, Angel Salvadore and Riptide, though.

I'm interested to see how the X-Men and Brotherhood develop in the sequel.
I think Havok and Banshee are going to stay with the X-Men just like Beast. Just because Professor X mentioned in X1 that Scott, Jean and Ororo were three of his first few students and it doesn't mean, there's no room for other people to be included on that group.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 12-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #392
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
So I guess Kitty was not Shadowcat because she was never called Shadowcat. You are going too far with your argument. When it comes to characters, whether they don't use the codename, Selena will always be Catwoman even if they don't mention her name. But with team of superheroes, its NOT!
thats exactly the point I was going to adress after reading that Catwoman comment.

We arent talking about what each character is and what not, we are talking about who were the X-men members.

And When the real x-men are formed.

On FC, Charles wasnt a proffesor yet, so if we take that into account, technically he wasnt Proffesor X yet, and the x-men who stayed with him at the end should be considered the very first x-men.

Angel and Darwin never were x-men, thats for sure. That's what some haters use to complain about on the net, but they never were x-men, so its not an argument anymore.

Magneto, Mystique and Moira worked with Charles, Alex, Sean and Hank, so they were a team working together since the manssion until the battle on the beach.

The key question is: When the x-men were formed?

on the manssion? on the beach, or later on the school, when Alex, Sean and Hank decided to stay there?

That's the key

Last edited by Angamb; 12-25-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:13 PM   #393
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

I say the X-Men and the Brotherhood were formed when everyone chose a side at the end of the battle on the island.

Old 12-25-2012, 06:19 PM   #394
Angamb
Banned User

BINGO!

totally agree, I mean, its pretty obvious, he

Old 12-25-2012, 09:51 PM   #395
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Plus, I don't even think Magneto and Mystique even know the word "X-Men" when they were working with Charles to fight against the Hellfire Club. "X-Men" was only mentioned when Magneto and Professor X already went to their separate ways. Moira said that Professor X has his own team now and its "X-Men". Its also a given that Beast, Havok and Banshee are the first members of the X-Men especially if they comeback in DOFP and they are still with Professor X.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 12-26-2012, 02:03 AM   #396
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

+
Beast
=
X-men

Old 12-26-2012, 03:30 AM   #397
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Man, I love those costumes.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:01 PM   #398
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:

+
Beast
=
X-men
No, you can't just assume something just because they wore a uniform. Professor X didn't even tell Beast to make a uniform, it was just Beast's idea.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 12-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #399
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

well, it isn't like it was Beast's idea to make matching uniforms to unify them as a team... they were g-force suits that they needed to wear to fly in the x-jet

Old 12-26-2012, 05:24 PM   #400
Legion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Plus, I don't even think Magneto and Mystique even know the word "X-Men" when they were working with Charles to fight against the Hellfire Club. "X-Men" was only mentioned when Magneto and Professor X already went to their separate ways. Moira said that Professor X has his own team now and its "X-Men". Its also a given that Beast, Havok and Banshee are the first members of the X-Men especially if they comeback in DOFP and they are still with Professor X.
They didn't formally refer to each other as "X-Men" in the original trilogy either though with maybe the exception of X3. In X1 Professor X explains to Wolverine the purpose of his school. He mentions that Scott, Jean, and Storm were among his first students and the children have come to refer to them as "X-Men". There is no scene where Charles or Scott say "We are the X-Men", "The X-Men formed to....", "Join us, become an X-Man."

In X2, Bobby and Rogue ask when they will get their own uniforms...they don't ask "when will we become X-Men?".

Really I always felt the X-Men were just getting started with X1. I mean they only had 3 members...that's hardly a team even if they did have uniforms and a stealth jet. Even in X2 Wolverine was still just passing through, Rogue still wasn't a member. It was only at the end of the movie that I thought "that's the X-Men."

Closed Thread