The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Actors from Original trilogy returning for a possible Days of Future past?
Ellen Page as Shadowcat 67 41.36%
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine 105 64.81%
Halle Berry as Storm 56 34.57%
Anna Paquin as Rogue 55 33.95%
James Marsden as Cyclops 82 50.62%
Ben Foster as Angel 28 17.28%
Kelsey Grammer as Beast 46 28.40%
Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler 49 30.25%
Shawn Ashmore as Iceman 48 29.63%
Famke Janssen as Jean Grey 64 39.51%
Taylor Kitsch as Gambit 39 24.07%
Daniel Cudmore as Colossus 44 27.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 08:54 AM   #426
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I'd be content with Wolverine, Storm, Iceman and Rogue + cameos from Colossus, Angel. I couldn't care less about Shadowcat. But right now, the only X-Men I see going back to the past are Storm and Wolverine. I don't think the older version of Professor X / Magneto will go back to the past and I don't think they'll have a big role in the movie. I feel those two will only be saved for special moments.
I am about 90 percent certain Storm will be In film but I doudt she will be
time traveler.Wolverine could very well be time traveler but I don't think you
should idsmiss Idea the tim e travel Is xavier switching minds with younger self.

I doudt Angel will be In film.And You shouldn't dismiss Mystique being In
future.Iceman and Colossus being In film depend on how many do they want
In future and how much time Is spent In Future.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:17 PM   #427
bullets
bang bang

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Par

Hugh Jackman Talks X-Men: Days of Future Past

by Silas Lesnick
January 18, 2013
Share this story

Confirmed to appear in director Bryan Singer's upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past last month, Hugh Jackman today spoke with The Daily Mail and teased the project's immense scale.

"Every other actor who’s ever put on a superhero uniform will be in it," he said. "There’s an element of time travel and, naturally, it will be action-packed."

Scheduled for release on July 18, 2014, X-Men: Days of Future Past features a script by Simon Kinberg and is said to be inspired Chris Claremont and John Byrne's comic book storyline that ran in "Uncanny X-Men" #141 and 142 back in 1981. "Days of Future Past" introduced the idea of an alternate future for Marvel's mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.

Already confirmed to appear in addition to Jackman are Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender and Nicholas Hoult, but expect that list to expand in the very near future.
Jackman, who has appeared in every X-Men film to date, will next reprise his role as Logan in James Mangold's The Wolverine, hitting theaters July 26.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:18 PM   #428
bullets
bang bang

So basically

Old 01-18-2013, 07:11 PM   #429
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
So basically

Old 01-18-2013, 07:34 PM   #430
Figs
Banned User

I wish he was able to clarify when he says "Every other actor who’s ever put on a superhero uniform will be in it".

Old 01-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #431
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

It could be BS.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:39 PM   #432
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
I wish he was able to clarify when he says "Every other actor who’s ever put on a superhero uniform will be in it".
yeah.... that could just easily be an exaggeration... or it could mean "half of those who've been x-men will return"

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 01-18-2013, 07:41 PM   #433
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
yeah.... that could just easily be an exaggeration... or it could mean "half of those who've been x-men will return"
Half of them from the older films is still quite a bit when you take into account the number of actors returning from First Class. I just don't want either set of actors to get short changed in screen time, primarily First Class since this is technically a sequel to that movie.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:55 PM   #434
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Half of them from the older films is still quite a bit when you take into account the number of actors returning from First Class. I just don't want either set of actors to get short changed in screen time, primarily First Class since this is technically a sequel to that movie.
I think the moment you worry about everyone having fair screen time the more you're actually going to drive the movie down. SEVERAL characters we know enough about there... just a cameo or a few lines is indeed truly all they need (whether we like it or not).

Old Xavier, Old Magneto, Wolverine, Iceman, Rogue and Mystique we know enough about where... we REALLY do not need to have major focus on them at all... there's other's where we know "enough" about them that they don't need to be the center of attention, but should have an iconic moment at least (Jean, Nightcrawler, Storm) and then some other's that never really had any development or focus who really should get some (Cyclops, Colossus, Toad, and the FC cast)

everyone can't be in focus... it will be like any other movie.. you will have main characters, supporting characters, and than supporting cast.

[=]
Old 01-18-2013, 07:56 PM   #435
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

He probally means a large amount of cast from trilogy and First Class.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:14 PM   #436
BMM
Side-Kick

Well, yeah. That's a given.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #437
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

he might be kidding but I hope to hell he's not.

A lot of the supporting cast (thinking Iceman, Pyro, Colossus) would do the film for pennies (or free even if SAG allowed it).

Old 01-18-2013, 10:32 PM   #438
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Just checked and the original source for the Jackman quote was (unfortunately) the Daily Mail. They have no problem making stuff up or taking quotes out of context...I think it's like a tabloid in the UK.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:57 PM   #439
Angamb
Banned User

I just need Singer, Fox, Millar or whoever to reveal a new name yet.

this silence is killing me slowly

Which girl is coming back????? Halle? Anna? Ellen? tell it!! damm, lol

Old 01-18-2013, 11:52 PM   #440
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
So basically

Old 01-19-2013, 12:51 AM   #441
Superhero 101
DESI

If Fox is able to bring back everyone from the X-trilogy hats off to them.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:42 AM   #442
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Quote:
So basically

Everyone.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:50 AM   #443
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I doudt Angel will be In film.And You shouldn't dismiss Mystique being In
future.Iceman and Colossus being In film depend on how many do they want
In future and how much time Is spent In Future.
I don't think they should bring the older Mystique. I feel like her story ended when she was depowered and when she helped the government to track down Magneto's headquarters. Her younger version is already appearing in the movie so 1 Mystique is enough.

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 01-19-2013, 03:56 AM   #444
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

It would be more interesting having maybe older Magneto meeting young Mystique.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #445
The Batkilt
Side-Kick

I'm expecting Rogue and Iceman as Singer focused on them a fair bit in X-Men and X2, but I'd prefer they weren't back to be honest. Nothing against Pacquin but I've never liked how Rogue was portrayed in the trilogy, and Iceman and Pyro were meh at best.

I'm more interested in seeing Kelsey Grammer and Rebecca Romjin returning. After all, First Class established some romantic history between Beast and Mystique so it'd be interesting to see some interaction between them. Either in DoFP or in some future X-Men film.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:34 AM   #446
Angamb
Banned User

I have the same feeling that both Rogue and Iceman will be back. and I kind of agree that they shouldnt be back, but Kitty and Colossus instead.

We have seen Rogue and Bobby on three movies, its fair to give Kitty and Colossus a second chance to shine, and specially since both were in the storyarc. They really deserve to appear again

Old 01-19-2013, 09:48 AM   #447
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

I'd suspect that older Magento will be on the only surviving Brotherhood member left, leaving his team, either imprisoned or dead it would hit home hard if future Raven is dead, but I can only see this happening if the future takes place before X1. if the future is set prior to X1 that would mean that Rogue, Iceman, Pyro, etc never joined and that would make Logan a rebel who happens to join the older prof X/Magneto, so *fingers crossed* that would mean either Scott,Ororo, or Jean can be the future team of X-Men w/casualities of the 60s team being dead...

Old 01-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #448
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I have feeling that If you read along the lines of what's been said by Bryan Singer last year and comments of Mark Millar that
1:The future Is alternate future coming from Magneto and Brotherhood sucessfully assassinating someone In public attack.The time travel Is to prevent this from happening.Thus at end of film changing things allows for events of other films to come Into being allowing for connecting dots between films as Bryan Singer said.
2:It will be other vets of X-Men and X2 who will be Joining Patrick Stewert,Ian Mckellen,and Hugh Jackman.You can likely forget about anyone cast for X-Men the Last Stand
not In X-men and X2.Bryan Is most likely Intrested In bringing back his key actors.That means Anna Paquin,Famke Janssen,Halle Berry,James Marsden,Rebecca romijn,and
Alan CUmming.Now they may not all be back.But that's who I think you should call the remaining key actors from X-Men and X2 who could be back.
3:An Alternate future allows Bryan to not have to deal with what went down In The Last Stand.Xavier can be xavier without dealing with the trap door revival they gave him.Cyclops and jean can be In film

A key reason for using Mystique Is to have someone else besides Xavier and Magneto In both eras In film.Plus I doudt Bryan would leave Rebecca romijn out because of what went down In Last Stand.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #449
Angamb
Banned User

Bryan Singer said last year that this movie will celebrate and connnect all movies.

All.

so its kind of funny how you keep saying that only X1-X2 actors will return.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:58 AM   #450
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batkilt View Post
I'm expecting Rogue and Iceman as Singer focused on them a fair bit in X-Men and X2, but I'd prefer they weren't back to be honest. Nothing against Pacquin but I've never liked how Rogue was portrayed in the trilogy, and Iceman and Pyro were meh at best.

I'm more interested in seeing Kelsey Grammer and Rebecca Romjin returning. After all, First Class established some romantic history between Beast and Mystique so it'd be interesting to see some interaction between them. Either in DoFP or in some future X-Men film.
...yeah its not Paquin's fault at all.... Sookie Stackhouse on Trueblood is often the embodiment of Rogue. Why singer wouldn't let rogue be rogue ill never understand.

[=]
Closed Thread