The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Actors from Original trilogy returning for a possible Days of Future past?
Ellen Page as Shadowcat 67 41.36%
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine 105 64.81%
Halle Berry as Storm 56 34.57%
Anna Paquin as Rogue 55 33.95%
James Marsden as Cyclops 82 50.62%
Ben Foster as Angel 28 17.28%
Kelsey Grammer as Beast 46 28.40%
Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler 49 30.25%
Shawn Ashmore as Iceman 48 29.63%
Famke Janssen as Jean Grey 64 39.51%
Taylor Kitsch as Gambit 39 24.07%
Daniel Cudmore as Colossus 44 27.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #501
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Singer was never contracted to direct X-Men 3. He signed an overall development deal with 20th Century Fox but never one for X-Men 3. That's why he was able to leave and direct Superman Returns, which he never should have been able to do. Fox should have signed Singer, and the rest of the cast, as soon as possible after X2.
agrees, i assume fox thought the development deal was just as good as roping him into a directing deal. The film had a release date before singer left.. so he was obligated to continue to develop it within that time frame regardless of if he was signed on to be the director. I assume Singer thought that meant he could easily leave the project and put it on hold, while Fox basically said "no wait a minute, you're obligated to us"

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 01-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #502
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Par

i'd actually love it if someone eventually wrote a book about this... because there was SOOO much drama between Singer and Rothman and the X-cast at the time... all jucy stuff

[=]
Old 01-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #503
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
If WB could let Nolan film another film between each Batman movie, then why couldn't Fox do that for Singer?

How does Singer get ANY of the blame. It was no ones fault but Fox. Not only for not waiting for him, but for not even SIGNING him in the first place.

You can't "bail" on a film you were never signed on to direct.
E X A C T L Y.

Singer WANTED to do the movie. It was Fox who decided to keep moving without him.

If we have to blame people for X3, it starts with Fox, then Matthew, and then Ratner.

All of them made wrong decisions.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #504
BMM
Side-Kick

So did Singer, in my opinion.

Still, Fox holds the biggest share of the blame. It was a stupid business decision to wait so long to sign Singer. It cost the studio its director and gave the returning cast a better bargaining position, presumably costing Fox even more money, not to mention the issues that followed.

Last edited by BMM; 01-20-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #505
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
So did Singer, in my opinion.
What was singer supposed to do wait around until Fox signed him and miss the opportunity to make a movie in afranchise he's dreamed of doing. Fox were stupid and if I was in Singer's place I would have made teh same decison.

Singer even wanted to return to X-Men after Superman but Fox went on ahead without him.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 01-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #506
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
E X A C T L Y.

Singer WANTED to do the movie. It was Fox who decided to keep moving without him.

If we have to blame people for X3, it starts with Fox, then Matthew, and then Ratner.

All of them made wrong decisions.
Eh, I'm not sure about Vaughn. Though him leaving projects seems like his trend (X3, Thor, DoFP). Still, from everything we've heard, it was FOX that was spiteful to Marsden for doing SR. It was FOX that wanted to focus on the cure, and not Jean, and FOX that wanted to rush the film out.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #507
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
actually when we were around at the time... i'm pretty confident SINGER was indeed signed on for X3, and up until he got the job offer for SR he was working on it. Hell i even clearly remember an article stating that once he was off X3, he walked into his office and grabbed everything he was working on for X3 and trashed it so Rothman couldn't get it.

I'm sorry, but BOTH were responsible for it. Singer had just as much of a choice as Rothman did.. and they're ego's got in the way.

hell it was to the point where the cast members were even getting pissed off at Singer... Halle, Ian, Rebecca, and Alan all had a sort of alliance against him at one point, and how horrible he was to work with. I even remember Ian stating how he loved having the cast over for dinner's and singing around the piano during filming.. but dreaded the idea of Singer ever hosting such a thing or including him in on the festivities.
Sorry but he was never signed for third film.Just like most of cast had to be resigned for third film.

I had story that Lauren Shueller Donnor had hoped to use Ideas Bryan and his writers were working on and for Bryan to stay on as executive producer
but Rothman wanted him nothing to do with It or anything fox related after signing up for superman.

Your for too wiling to believe any gossip than Is antiSinger.If actors couldn't stand him why are reports saying actors for earlier films very much want to be part of Days of future past.Other reports had rebecca Romijn as one of Singer suporters of the cast.Ian Mckellen committed to days of future past after talking to him.Hell the most recent trailer for Jack the Giant Slayer has voice over by him.

Even though I personally like Superman returns he Is more suited to X-men.Just like having some many Dark Knight trilogy people on Man of steel I think
Is a mistake.Plus Bryan has said It was mistake on his part not to do third film just as he said he should have done a new Superman origin film Instead of sequel.He said he regarted not doing third film before he saw last Stand,while watching It,and after watching It.

Last edited by marvelrobbins; 01-20-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:55 PM   #508
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
What was singer supposed to do wait around until Fox signed him and miss the opportunity to make a movie in afranchise he's dreamed of doing. Fox were stupid and if I was in Singer's place I would have made teh same decison.

Singer even wanted to return to X-Men after Superman but Fox went on ahead without him.
You're not going to find me defending Fox on this one, but that doesn't change the fact that, in the end, I think Singer made the wrong decision.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:57 PM   #509
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Eh, I'm not sure about Vaughn. Though him leaving projects seems like his trend (X3, Thor, DoFP). Still, from everything we've heard, it was FOX that was spiteful to Marsden for doing SR. It was FOX that wanted to focus on the cure, and not Jean, and FOX that wanted to rush the film out.
I know it must have been hard to work with Fox by that time.

But still Matthew were working as the director, making decisions, and working on the script.

He had hand on the script, even if some fans like it or not. He was part of the creative team of that movie, and even if I understand him for leaving the proyect, it definetly hurted the movie. None cant deny that.

His departure made Fox to search for yet another director, so close to the production start. And to our bad, the new director made worse creative decisions.

Matthew could have stayed, even if the circunstances werent the best, and still he would have made a better movie. Im sure about it.

And it doesnt help that he left FC sequel too, so..... he really isnt acting like a serious proffesional.

Everyone can have their reasons, but to leave a proyect later in the year ISNT proffesional. you can do it once, but when you do it often... something is wrong with you, man.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #510
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

I think the blame I'm handing out to Singer (the little of it) for X3's woes is for playing for the "Distinguished Competition." But that's just me being a Marvel Zombie

I know Rothman is the bad guy in all this and was in the wrong in most of his decisions when it came to this franchise, but what was with Vaughn praising Rothman for all his contributions to FC? Did Rothman really have a change of heart (a little too late) with this franchise?

Old 01-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #511
JP
Smelly

Well, despite Rothman no longer being a part of FOX, he is still responsible for the uptake the studio has experienced in the last 2-3 years.

Either way. Rothman is gone, Vaughn is producing, Singer is back where he belongs. The universe is FINALLY expanding and exploring less "realistic" ideas.

All is as it should be as far as I'm concerned.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:03 PM   #512
Angamb
Banned User

things look promising, more than ever, thats for sure.

lets hope they surprise us all with more movies set in present. one way or another

Old 01-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #513
BMM
Side-Kick

Haha. Agreed.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #514
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Sorry but he was never signed for third film.Just like most of cast had to be resigned for third film.

I had story that Lauren Shueller Donnor had hoped to use Ideas Bryan and his writers were working on and for Bryan to stay on as executive producer
but Rothman wanted him nothing to do with It or anything fox related after signing up for superman.

Your for too wiling to believe any gossip than Is antiSinger.If actors couldn't stand him why are reports saying actors for earlier films very much want to be part of Days of future past.Other reports had rebecca Romijn as one of Singer suporters of the cast.Ian Mckellen committed to days of future past after talking to him.Hell the most recent trailer for Jack the Giant Slayer has voice over by him.

Even though I personally like Superman returns he Is more suited to X-men.Just like having some many Dark Knight trilogy people on Man of steel I think
Is a mistake.Plus Bryan has said It was mistake on his part not to do third film just as he said he should have done a new Superman origin film Instead of sequel.He said he regarted not doing third film before he saw last Stand,while watching It,and after watching It.
I really can't be the only hypster still on here that DOES remember the reports that even SHH hype posted that were direct quotes from the actors not getting along with Singer... Sorry.. but it's not so much a rumor mill as it is just typical hollywood drama... it wouldn't be the first time actors said one thing at one point in time and than said the opposite years later... it's bad PR to not suck up to who your working with

[=]
Old 01-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #515
Angamb
Banned User

I just need 3 or 4 more team movies in my entire life

Im not asking too much, u know, lol

Old 01-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #516
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
You're not going to find me defending Fox on this one, but that doesn't change the fact that, in the end, I think Singer made the wrong decision.
i feel the same. Thinking Singer was in the wrong doesn't suddenly make you pro Fox... both were acting ridiculously and made poor decisions. Do I think FOX was "more wrong" yes.. but Singer wasn't an innocent bystander.

[=]
Old 01-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #517
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, despite Rothman no longer being a part of FOX, he is still responsible for the uptake the studio has experienced in the last 2-3 years.

Either way. Rothman is gone, Vaughn is producing, Singer is back where he belongs. The universe is FINALLY expanding and exploring less "realistic" ideas.

All is as it should be as far as I'm concerned.
There were reports back In 2009 after negative reaction to Origins and the leak fiasco that Rothman's power to micromanage films was decreased.

Although Singer didn't announce him signed to do first class till december at Avatar premiere by his own account he was working on film from august 2009 on.And this Is also In fall 2009 when Lauren Shueller Donnor started changing her comments about a possable X4 from no plans to we are talking about It.

Vaughn's praise of rothman was due to him reportly doing best to aid him In making the june 2011 release date.

Mark Millar said vaughn and Simon Kinberg are writing Days of future Past so It looks like Vaughn still has a lot of Involement here.As for true reason
for why Vaughn turned over directing to Singer who knows.It looking doudtful the rumor of him not wanting to do DOFP Is reason.Maybe he thought It would be better for Singer to do It.Maybe the rumor of him wanting to do Star Wars Is true.He's about the only rumored candiate who hasn't announced he has turned It down.It will be Intresting to hear the reason next year the filmmakers give on this.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #518
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
I really can't be the only hypster still on here that DOES remember the reports that even SHH hype posted that were direct quotes from the actors not getting along with Singer... Sorry.. but it's not so much a rumor mill as it is just typical hollywood drama... it wouldn't be the first time actors said one thing at one point in time and than said the opposite years later... it's bad PR to not suck up to who your working with
If you're talking about the whole "Kiss my black ass" incident where everyone from the cast and crew went against Singer and sided with DeSanto, there's an article in the bowels of the interwebs somewhere that questions the validity of the entirety of that story. There was a theory in that article about how it painted DeSanto as this saint, how one of his people put out that story, as I think DeSanto at that time was gunning for a higher position.

I don't question that the whole "Kiss my black ass" exchange happened. There's too many mentions from the various sides of that to be untrue. Just not how that whole thing plays out. I'm too lazy right now to look it up.

Just to be clear I like DeSanto. But that article definitely put a different spin into that whole thing for me.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #519
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
If you're talking about the whole "Kiss my black ass" incident where everyone from the cast and crew went against Singer and sided with DeSanto, there's an article in the bowels of the interwebs somewhere that questions the validity of the entirety of that story. There was a theory in that article about how it painted DeSanto as this saint, how one of his people put out that story, as I think DeSanto at that time was gunning for a higher position.

I don't question that the whole "Kiss my black ass" exchange happened. There's too many mentions from the various sides of that to be untrue. Just not how that whole thing plays out. I'm too lazy right now to look it up.

Just to be clear I like DeSanto. But that article definitely put a different spin into that whole thing for me.
I do remember now that you mention it the "kiss my black ass" comment... but that wasn't the only ones... Ian and Alan both had some witty words placed in some reports as well against singer. And I do remember a report of Rebecca siding with them.

lets also not forget Singer DID try to steal Marsden away (which he knew quite well FOX wanted for X3... he also met with Famke for a "talk" for a role in SR, and also tried to get Ashmore for Jimmy Olsen in which he also declined because of the tension he was having with FOX

so no, singer wasn't innocent. But Rothman was worse.

[=]
Old 01-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #520
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Directors and actors during heat of filming can get Into differences.Hell you here plenty of stories how difficult James Cameron can be.Also remember X-men films are often done In quick time.That can lead to stress on set.

As for the incident.Tom desanto except getting a producer's credit on transformers films has laregly disappeared.It's possable he blamed Singer for Universal dropping their battlestar galactica contuionion TV show.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #521
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

I think Alan was definitely on the DeSanto side on that whole KMBA drama. And I do remember Alan having some snide comment towards Singer, after the fact, in an interview. Alan does seem like that type that would do that though. That's just how he comes off in some interviews. I don't remember an Ian one though.

The good thing about all these recent interviews with the original cast is that they all seem to be very enthusiastic about coming back to the X-Universe. Whatever issues they've had before seemed to have dissipated. Gives Storm/Halle-shippers hope.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:35 PM   #522
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
I think Alan was definitely on the DeSanto side on that whole KMBA drama. And I do remember Alan having some snide comment towards Singer, after the fact, in an interview. Alan does seem like that type that would do that though. That's just how he comes off in some interviews. I don't remember an Ian one though.

The good thing about all these recent interviews with the original cast is that they all seem to be very enthusiastic about coming back to the X-Universe. Whatever issues they've had before seemed to have dissipated. Gives Storm/Halle-shippers hope.

Im thankful as well and just hope the movie is fantastic

[=]
Old 01-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #523
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
I do remember now that you mention it the "kiss my black ass" comment... but that wasn't the only ones... Ian and Alan both had some witty words placed in some reports as well against singer. And I do remember a report of Rebecca siding with them.

lets also not forget Singer DID try to steal Marsden away (which he knew quite well FOX wanted for X3... he also met with Famke for a "talk" for a role in SR, and also tried to get Ashmore for Jimmy Olsen in which he also declined because of the tension he was having with FOX

so no, singer wasn't innocent. But Rothman was worse.
James marsden and Famke Janssen had to be resigned after X2.Singer had every right to offer them roles.SOme report had Famke possibly being offered Lois Lane(which would have been miles better than Kate Bosworth although it may have been Parker Posey's role he had her In Mind) and yes Shawn Ashmore was original choice for Jimmy Olsen.And some reports had before deciding to use Marlon Brando footage for Jor-El about him wanting to use Patrick Stewert for Jor-El.Directors often like to use actors they have worked
with.Chris Nolan used Michael Caine for Prestage and Inception after doing Batman begins.He used Christin bale for the Prestage.Both Cillian Murphy and Ken Wantabbe was In Inception after Batman Begins.Tom hardy,Joseph Gordon Levitt,and Marion Cotillard were cast In the dark Knight Rises after
Inception.Rumor was Hugh jackman(The Presage) was conisdered by Nolan for Harvey Dent for the dark Knight,and both Scarlett Johansson(The Presage) and Ellen Page(Inception) were considered for Juno Temple's role In the dark Knight rises.Guy peace who starred In Memorto has admitted Nolan offered him Ducard In batman begins but he turned It down since they finally agreed he was too young.The dark Knight rises was jokilly called an Inception reunion.Singer had every right to offer any role In Superman to X-Men cast
members.Had House not became a hit he wanted Hugh Laurie to play perry
white.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:52 PM   #524
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Everybody loves Bryan.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:57 PM   #525
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Oh wow I remember that Christmas one with the two Klingons in the background LOL

Closed Thread