The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Actors from Original trilogy returning for a possible Days of Future past?
Ellen Page as Shadowcat 67 41.36%
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine 105 64.81%
Halle Berry as Storm 56 34.57%
Anna Paquin as Rogue 55 33.95%
James Marsden as Cyclops 82 50.62%
Ben Foster as Angel 28 17.28%
Kelsey Grammer as Beast 46 28.40%
Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler 49 30.25%
Shawn Ashmore as Iceman 48 29.63%
Famke Janssen as Jean Grey 64 39.51%
Taylor Kitsch as Gambit 39 24.07%
Daniel Cudmore as Colossus 44 27.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 03:19 AM   #651
BMM
Side-Kick

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Eh, it's still a FC sequel. That hasn't changed. And you can't change the future by being in the future. You have to go back...
I agree. There are a couple of things they could do to turn Days of Future Past on its head. One is to send the mutants of the past into the future, and the other is to have the humans be enslaved by the mutants instead of the other way around. Though, I don't think either will happen. At least, I hope not.

Old 01-27-2013, 03:32 AM   #652
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
I agree. There are a couple of things they could do to turn Days of Future Past on its head. One is to send the mutants of the past into the future, and the other is to have the humans be enslaved by the mutants instead of the other way around. Though, I don't think either will happen. At least, I hope not.
That quote on the front of the DoFP script did make consider the second scenario. Or maybe a war between humans and mutants.

Old 01-27-2013, 03:45 AM   #653
BMM
Side-Kick

Agreed. One of the things that makes me think it will still be mutants enslaved, instead of humans, is Millar's acknowledgement of robots. It seems more likely that robots, like sentinels, would be developed by humans to combat super-powered threats, instead of the other way around. Why would someone like Magneto need to use robots, when he can do plenty of damage by himself?

Old 01-27-2013, 04:04 AM   #654
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

That's a very good point. Although, if the mutants are still very much outnumbered by the humans, some artificial help might come in handy. I agree though that the robots are more likely to be a human thing.

BTW am I the only person who is not that terribly excited about the fights with the robots? For my money the most interesting thing about the fights in X-Men films is seeing mutants fighting mutants and the way their respective powers play off each other. The idea of mutants fighting some faceless machines just doesn't appeal as much.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:26 AM   #655
def28
Side-Kick

In all the X Flicks there really hasnt been that many good fights aside from, Nightcrawler VS Humans in X2 and Logan Vs Deathstrike. The last fight in Origins had a couple decent moments but thats really it imo.

Sentinels VS Mutants should be pretty exciting if they play their cards right. Those things are created to kill mutants, so there should be a certain threat level and sense of terror in every Mutants eye cause these things pretty much leave them extinct. It has to be brutal otherwise theres no point for them to go back. Should be pretty intense. Hopefully this gives the whole team a reason to fight, work as a team and show of there powers more then ever. Im stoked beyond belief at the possibilities. It took them six movies to finally get to this. Bout time.

Last edited by def28; 01-27-2013 at 04:36 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:33 AM   #656
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
That's a very good point. Although, if the mutants are still very much outnumbered by the humans, some artificial help might come in handy. I agree though that the robots are more likely to be a human thing.

BTW am I the only person who is not that terribly excited about the fights with the robots? For my money the most interesting thing about the fights in X-Men films is seeing mutants fighting mutants and the way their respective powers play off each other. The idea of mutants fighting some faceless machines just doesn't appeal as much.
Haha. I canít help you out there. Iím pretty excited to see sentinels. It usually takes more than one X-Man to take them down, so the battles should make for some could teamwork and power displays. Plus, the use of robots allows someone like Wolverine to cut loose without having to worry about an R rating. That said, if the movie is anything like the books, there will be both mutant vs. robot and mutant vs. mutant battles, with the surviving mutants fighting sentinels in the future and the X-Men fighting the Brotherhood in the past.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:50 AM   #657
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
In all the X Flicks there really hasnt been that many good fights aside from, Nightcrawler VS Humans in X2 and Logan Vs Deathstrike.
I don't necessarily think that they need to be all-out spectacular though. I really enjoyed even small moments like Jean vs Toad in the first movie. Whereas the final fight in Avengers, say, didn't really do all that much for me for all the spectacle and team work, just because the aliens themselves were so faceless. Unless they do an absolutely spectacular job with the Sentinel design and make them scary as hell.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:01 AM   #658
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't necessarily think that they need to be all-out spectacular though. I really enjoyed even small moments like Jean vs Toad in the first movie. Whereas the final fight in Avengers, say, didn't really do all that much for me for all the spectacle and team work, just because the aliens themselves were so faceless. Unless they do an absolutely spectacular job with the Sentinel design and make them scary as hell.
If they keep it like the books then they should be intense in presence alone. They pretty much succeed in killing and imprisoning Mutants.

Ive been disappointed in all the fights except X2, which I think still hold up very well. The fights in X1 look like bad sci fi channel action to me though. Disagree completely with Avengers but to each their own.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:20 AM   #659
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

The future don't necessarily has to be the biggest focus just because of the cast presented so far. Quite the contrary, I think they way they are getting all these actors to come back is that the time they have to spend on shooting isn't all that long for everyone. More like 1 or 2 months instead of 6 months.

The main plot is still definitely gonna be a future mutant traveling to the past to prevent something. That's pretty much the main core of DOFP anyway.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:09 AM   #660
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:

I'm with you Mrs Vimes. While I think a nod to the Sentinels is cool (a la Danger Room X3), if that's the only enemy they're facing it's pretty boring. The use of powers and the fights between mutants usually seem to be great little bits of character development or displays of how these abilities can be super useful or super unhelpful when facing the right/wrong opponent. I've already discussed at length how much I LOVE the last fight scene at the end of First Class-- the one where powers between these two omega mutants are completely left behind in favor of fists. It's really bloody brilliant and a scene that not enough people noticed the impact of.

But when you've got a faceless enemy who all have the same abilities, it's just like Avengers. The fight scenes were awesome, but they were long and as an audience we didn't GAIN anything from them other than "that was cool". Unlike mutants, we don't even get a chance to sympathize with the enemy, or feel conflicted about who is fighting who. It's just good vs evil, and X-Men is usually more clever than that.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:21 AM   #661
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
The future don't necessarily has to be the biggest focus just because of the cast presented so far. Quite the contrary, I think they way they are getting all these actors to come back is that the time they have to spend on shooting isn't all that long for everyone. More like 1 or 2 months instead of 6 months.

The main plot is still definitely gonna be a future mutant traveling to the past to prevent something. That's pretty much the main core of DOFP anyway.
I think you're right. Everyone keeps saying that shooting begins in April, and I'm sure they're right, but the biggest key player (besides Fassbender) is unavailable for anything until the 28th at the absolute very earliest. To me that says that FUTURE scenes are being filmed starting in April, and PAST scenes start in May or June.

Everyone has seen what happens when you overpopulate an X-Men movie. I'm hoping all these returning mutants (minus Stewart and McKellen) aren't getting much (or any) character development beyond the difference between who they were before and who they are in the future. FC deserves the screentime to develop ITS few BG characters, who will hopefully be around for the long run.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:38 AM   #662
Great Mind(s)
Broken

The only issue with having almost everyone back means that...people aren't dead from the start. Unless Storm is dead. Which would be...sad movie-wise since she just took over the mansion and is leader but...appropriate?

Old 01-27-2013, 09:19 AM   #663
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

I wonder if Singer would bring back someone like Liev Schreiber or Taylor Kitsch?? Bringing Ellen back signals that he wont be ignoring Last Stand... so maybe he might bringing back one or two guys from Origins.

Since that Last Stand rubbish is in canon i guess this means that we wont be getting Cyclops...

FILMRAPS.BLOGSPOT.COM
Old 01-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #664
Angamb
Banned User

I think Singer and Fox should keep the return of Gambit and Nightcrawler for X4.

That would give it the audience and fans even more hype.

If Cyclops, Nightcrawler and Gambit return on X-men 4, I can already tell u fans, haters and general audience would all be pretty excited for it.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:07 AM   #665
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
I wonder if Singer would bring back someone like Liev Schreiber or Taylor Kitsch?? Bringing Ellen back signals that he wont be ignoring Last Stand... so maybe he might bringing back one or two guys from Origins.

Since that Last Stand rubbish is in canon i guess this means that we wont be getting Cyclops...
Probably not. So far, all signs have pointed to X-men Origins not being canon.

Particularly by the fact that The Wolverine has on numerous occasions been stated to be separate from X-Men Origins, but a sequel/spin-off to X3.

If Gambit returns, he'll be an all new character.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 01-27-2013, 10:34 AM   #666
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
It doesn't matter if the scenes are exciting if they don't contribute much to the story. What sounds more "exciting" - one single Terminator chasing a girl in the past, or human survivors fighting hundreds of Terminators in the dystopian future? And yet there's a good reason why the movie doesn't spend half of its time in the dystopian future.
Terminator also wasn't an ensemble cast where everyone wants characters fleshed out more and to "do cool things"

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 01-27-2013, 10:41 AM   #667
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Probably not. So far, all signs have pointed to X-men Origins not being canon.

Particularly by the fact that The Wolverine has on numerous occasions been stated to be separate from X-Men Origins, but a sequel/spin-off to X3.

If Gambit returns, he'll be an all new character.
I doubt it. They just probably will ignore elements of xo like how fc ignored elements of the singer films. Though still considered them cannon.

[=]
Old 01-27-2013, 11:19 AM   #668
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by magneto23 View Post
I know this is wishful thinking but now that Rogue/Paquin is confirmed, I hope some how we get to get to see her with super strength and flight. At the very least she's going to need some kind of new skill set. Otherwise what the hell is she going to contribute in a fight against sentinels?
I feel pretty sure we will Rogue absorbing the powers of fallen mutants. Paquin would never come back if she was just going to be some meek cry-baby who was cured.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:23 AM   #669
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:

I think the fights with Sentinels are a good way to show how powerful some of these mutants really are, and also it allows for extreme violence that couldn't be shown if it were another mutant or a human. Wolverine can hack a Sentinel to shreds, Storm could blow one apart with lightning. Ratings would never allow such attacks on a person!

But mutants vs mutants is good too. I hope the writers have been creative, and also referred to the comics where are are dozens of amazing one-on-one battles between characters.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:31 AM   #670
NanaT
X-Men United!

I think having large scale battles against Sentinels would not only be amazing to see but will also show that the threat level for the xmen has gone higher. I mean the X-Men have faced a mutant group, a human enemy and have fought in an all out war! If they didn't have Sentinels and the high point of the action were one-one mutant battles then the movies wouldn't be increasing scale. It would be repetitive and much less imaginative. Whereas if they make the sentinels work they would be upping the ante and showcasing how strong and powerful a team the X-Men actually are.

If you were to a ask a casual viewer that had seen both Avengers and X-Men, which team was stronger they would easily go for Avengers because apart from Wolverine, (and one could possibly make a case for Storm) all the other X-Men have not really reached full potential when it comes to power displays, mainly because the X-men haven't really faced enemies that push them to use their abilities to its full potential. If they were to showcase how strong a team the X-Men was then that casual viewer would most likely decide that the two teams were evenly matched which they are.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 01-27-2013, 11:33 AM   #671
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
That was just something for the fans to look at and those kids that we saw from the Cerebro sequence were never labeled as Scott Summer and Ororo Monroe unlike with Henry McCoy appearing in X-Men 2. These little cameos are not hard to ignore compare to Professor X's cameo in XOW.
I think more than just fans noticed those cameos. A lot of people I know spotted Storm - I mean, how many black women are there with white hair in this movieverse?!

I think, ultimately, those Cerebro cameos were not a good idea. They should instead have used mutants from that era in the comics (or who would have been around in that era), or been creative and invented a few characters. A cameo from Sinister would have been perfect.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:28 PM   #672
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I think, ultimately, those Cerebro cameos were not a good idea.
agree. I kind of hate them, in the sense that this proves me that they dont really care about a realistic approach regarding our fave x-men and when they were supposed to born.

X-men came in year 2000, they could say its set in late 90's, ok.... but to include Scott and Storm cameos on the 60's..... come on! its totally a stupid decision.

And why DID Scott have his red glasses? who gave it to him? so cant we see Scott discovering his powers in a future sequel then? They will end using another actor for teenager Scott, so that would be 3 ACTORS that would have played young Scott in the franchise to date.

what more do we need to say?..... its non sense.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #673
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I think more than just fans noticed those cameos. A lot of people I know spotted Storm - I mean, how many black women are there with white hair in this movieverse?!
It really was unnecessary to use up those cameos.

Quote:
I think, ultimately, those Cerebro cameos were not a good idea. They should instead have used mutants from that era in the comics (or who would have been around in that era), or been creative and invented a few characters. A cameo from Sinister would have been perfect.
If they really wanted cameos only fans would notice and get excited about, then use characters that only fans would get and only characters that have no chance in hell of having big enough roles in future iterations of the films that they won't mess up your continuity.

Characters like John Proudstar/Thunderbird, Sunfire, Dazzler even. Having cameos from the likes of Cyclops and Storm (especially when the crux of your argument is that they are too young to appear in First Class) is just plain lazy and irresponsible.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:54 PM   #674
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

We don't know when Storm and Cyclops were recruited, so seeing them in the Cerebro montage in First Class is in no wise inconsistent with what we know.

I'm honestly starting to feel like people are deliberately looking for issues between FC and the OXT just so they can justify arguing for rebooting the franchise even though it's clear that FOX isn't interested in doing a reboot.

Old 01-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #675
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
We don't know when Storm and Cyclops were recruited, so seeing them in the Cerebro montage in First Class is in no wise inconsistent with what we know.

I'm honestly starting to feel like people are deliberately looking for issues between FC and the OXT just so they can justify arguing for rebooting the franchise even though it's clear that FOX isn't interested in doing a reboot.
No. They're just stating the obvious... Cyclops and Storm if ten years old (give or take a few years) in the 60s would have put them in there 40s in X1 and 50s now.....

Not only are the ages illogical, but if cyclops was 10-13 in the 60s then also maybe 17 in the 80s in xow (which actually would fit into the timeline)

Did the 70s not exist in the Xmen film series?????

[=]
Closed Thread