The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Actors from Original trilogy returning for a possible Days of Future past?
Ellen Page as Shadowcat 67 41.36%
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine 105 64.81%
Halle Berry as Storm 56 34.57%
Anna Paquin as Rogue 55 33.95%
James Marsden as Cyclops 82 50.62%
Ben Foster as Angel 28 17.28%
Kelsey Grammer as Beast 46 28.40%
Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler 49 30.25%
Shawn Ashmore as Iceman 48 29.63%
Famke Janssen as Jean Grey 64 39.51%
Taylor Kitsch as Gambit 39 24.07%
Daniel Cudmore as Colossus 44 27.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 07:16 PM   #751
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
That seems a rather sloppy and carefree approach. How is the studio going to have consistency, cohesion and continuity if they just do whatever they want each time? There's got to be some sort of structure behind the decisions.
Of course there needs to be structure, and I believe that, for the most part, there has been with regards to the franchise. However, when it comes right down to it, all creators of fictional entertainment and stories make the decisions they make concerning said entertainment or stories because they want to and feel that said decisions are justifiable and workable.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:54 PM   #752
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
We've been over this topic so many times.

The solution to that 'not too distant future' caption is for it to mean the future in relation to the preceding scenes in the film (Auschwitz 1944).

If the first film really is 1994 (based on Logan being on the road for 15 years after the 1979 Three Mile Island incident at the end of XMO: Wolverine), then 1994 is the not too distant future from 1944.
So there's uh.... Almost a 10 year gap between x1 and x2??? Nsyncs "bye bye bye" wasn't made in the 90s.....

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 01-27-2013, 08:02 PM   #753
night0205
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
So there's uh.... Almost a 10 year gap between x1 and x2??? Nsyncs "bye bye bye" wasn't made in the 90s.....
How would there be a 10 year gap between X-men and X2? If X2 takes place in 1994, then X1 and The Last Stand are close to that time point as well.

Bye Bye Bye is no more a reason to make issue with, then Beast in X2 not having hair on the TV.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:04 PM   #754
lordofthenerds
Not a Goddamn Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by night0205 View Post
Bye Bye Bye is no more a reason to make issue with, then Beast in X2 not having hair on the TV.
It just proves that it's a cop out.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You officially have no life.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:08 PM   #755
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by night0205 View Post
How would there be a 10 year gap between X-men and X2? If X2 takes place in 1994, then X1 and The Last Stand are close to that time point as well.

Lol years are more than just slapping a number on them. Theres plenty of pop culture, technology, and fashion qualities that set a mood for a decade. There's no way in hell the xmen trilogy is in the 90s...

[=]
Old 01-27-2013, 08:25 PM   #756
BMM
Side-Kick

I could not care less about the continuity issues. I'm perfectly fine ignoring them. I just wish people would stop trying to make excuses for them. They're inconsistent. End of story. Storm appearing as a tween in Cerebro in 1962 does not mesh with the original trilogy, and acknowledging that doesn't mean that people are just looking for a reason to justify a reboot.

As for the original trilogy, I will always consider it post 2000 in all its N'Sync and 2004 Mazda RX-8 glory.

Last edited by BMM; 01-27-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #757
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

I am sorry, but, I just can't buy into the theory of the original movies being set in the 90's

it amazes me that anyone could...

Old 01-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #758
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan83 View Post
I am sorry, but, I just can't buy into the theory of the original movies being set in the 90's

it amazes me that anyone could...
Yurp..

And i don't want a reboot... Itd just make a mess worse at this point.. Id love a "more" comic accurate xmen franchise before i die someday... But that time isn't now. But the continuity in this franchise is pretty horrid and ultimately a reason why (as a franchise) it will always fall short of harry potter, star wars, and the MCU ..... Sure, x2 and xfc might be better than a couple of the films in those franchises... But those franchises are much more coherent and stronger than the xmen franchise unfortunately

[=]
Old 01-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #759
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Well the first movie was released in 2000 of course, people would also assume that it was set in 2000 or at least the 00s. But it was already a given that the original trilogy was set in the present. No need to really argue about it.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 01-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #760
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Yurp..

And i don't want a reboot... Itd just make a mess worse at this point.. Id love a "more" comic accurate xmen franchise before i die someday... But that time isn't now. But the continuity in this franchise is pretty horrid and ultimately a reason why (as a franchise) it will always fall short of harry potter, star wars, and the MCU ..... Sure, x2 and xfc might be better than a couple of the films in those franchises... But those franchises are much more coherent and stronger than the xmen franchise unfortunately
I have a strong faith that the x-men franchise will become a bigger franchise in the near future, appart from a few continuity mistakes. Fox has Singer, Vaughn and Millar now on board, they will take care of this franchise, and all together will put it on the list of best franchises of movie history.

FC was a good step, Days of future will be the ultimate big move before the storm.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:55 PM   #761
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I have a strong faith that the x-men franchise will become a bigger franchise in the near future, appart from a few continuity mistakes. Fox has Singer, Vaughn and Millar now on board, they will take care of this franchise, and all together will put it on the list of best franchises of movie history.

FC was a good step, Days of future will be the ultimate big move before the storm.
Hopefully... But Im still sceptical of Fox in general. But Im completely welcome fox to blow me out of the water. Or at least just make great films on par with X2

[=]
Old 01-27-2013, 09:03 PM   #762
JP
To me

Quote:
Yurp..

I think that time is now.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:27 PM   #763
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I think that time is now.
Unfortunately the current xmen franchise isn't anywhere near the comics... This may push it closer... But its still far from it....

[=]
Old 01-27-2013, 10:38 PM   #764
JP
To me

Quote:
Unfortunately the current xmen franchise isn't anywhere near the comics... This may push it closer... But its still far from it....
Considering they have Mark Millar mapping out the franchise over the next several years, and are working to expand the universe, I don't see why it can't be said that the films will be more comic based. Heck, for the first time we have 2 X-Men films being made that are actual adaptations of story lines, something that's never been done to this extent before in the franchise. I think we're on a pretty great path at the moment.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:45 PM   #765
night0205
Side-Kick

Ya, it is a cop out to say that X-men happened in the 90's... but it also matches with the other movies they have released. To not have it so makes more continuity issues.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:56 PM   #766
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Does anyone think that DOFP is going to have too many characters?

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 01-27-2013, 11:03 PM   #767
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Right now, not really because so far Singer only confirmed 10 actors to return and this is a cross-over movie even if they include more than 20 characters, it wouldn't hurt the movie if all of them were used in the story very well. Plus it looks like they won't be introducing a lot of characters that we haven't seen before, so I'm not worried about the cast yet. Though I would be worried if they bring back Famke Jannsen, James Marsden, Rebecca Romijn and Kelsey Grammar. Jean and Cyclops already died in X3. There's already a younger version of Mystique/Beast in the 60s and I don't think the older version of Mystique and Beast really need to return.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 01-27-2013, 11:05 PM   #768
lordofthenerds
Not a Goddamn Side-Kick

Quote:
I'd say that's a legitimate concern, yeah.

It's Singer and Vaughn though. At least Zak Penn and Brett Ratner aren't at the helm.

You officially have no life.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:10 PM   #769
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Considering they have Mark Millar mapping out the franchise over the next several years, and are working to expand the universe, I don't see why it can't be said that the films will be more comic based. Heck, for the first time we have 2 X-Men films being made that are actual adaptations of story lines, something that's never been done to this extent before in the franchise. I think we're on a pretty great path at the moment.
While that's true and amazing.... Its not just storylines i actually care less about that... There's alot of characterization damage already done that may be irreversible ... Like storm, Iceman, cyclops , colossus , angel, banshee etc... Being pretty hollow shells (and that's being gracious) of who they are in the books..... Some arnt remotely similar at all.

[=]
Old 01-27-2013, 11:11 PM   #770
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Young Charles
Beast
Havok
Banshee
Young Magneto
Mystique
Old Charles
Old Magneto
Wolverine
Iceman
Rogue
Kitty

That's 12 characters and counting, so, nope.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:13 PM   #771
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Remember folks.... Its not the size of the cast that matters.... Its how they're used. You can have a massive cast if characters serve a purpose. And yea... Like all movies there will be main characters, secondary, and tertiary. They all can't unfortunately take the spotlight.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:17 PM   #772
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
we have 12 confirmed character look at x men 2 for example

wolverine
storm
jean
cyclops
xavier
magneto
stryker
nightcrawler
iceman
rogue
pyro
jason stryker
mystique
lady deathstrike

xmen first and foremost has always been an ensemble cast it is always gonna have alot of characters

Old 01-27-2013, 11:19 PM   #773
JP
To me

Quote:
While that's true and amazing.... Its not just storylines i actually care less about that... There's alot of characterization damage already done that may be irreversible ... Like storm, Iceman, cyclops , colossus , angel, banshee etc... Being pretty hollow shells (and that's being gracious) of who they are in the books..... Some arnt remotely similar at all.
I can give you that. Though I did think First Class did a good job at making at least 90% of the characters in that film true to their comic selves. But I don't think anything done is irreversible. Look at Black Widow in the MCU. In IM2 you have Scarlett playing a hot redhead who's job is to look pretty, show off her body, and provide minor plot exposition when called for. Cut to the Avengers where she's suddenly playing Black Widow! It's so drastic, and when you watch the two films back to back it's hard to imagine it's the same actress in both roles. But it was necessary.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:21 PM   #774
JP
To me

I love that we go through the same "Is this too many characters?" conversation with every film since X2.

10 confirmed characters thus far, and they're all characters that have already been introduced to the series. We don't have to spend any time getting to know anyone.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:22 PM   #775
lordofthenerds
Not a Goddamn Side-Kick

Quote:
I love that we go through the same "Is this too many characters?" conversation with every film since X2.
Well this one would theoretically double it.