The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Actors from Original trilogy returning for a possible Days of Future past?
Ellen Page as Shadowcat 67 41.36%
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine 105 64.81%
Halle Berry as Storm 56 34.57%
Anna Paquin as Rogue 55 33.95%
James Marsden as Cyclops 82 50.62%
Ben Foster as Angel 28 17.28%
Kelsey Grammer as Beast 46 28.40%
Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler 49 30.25%
Shawn Ashmore as Iceman 48 29.63%
Famke Janssen as Jean Grey 64 39.51%
Taylor Kitsch as Gambit 39 24.07%
Daniel Cudmore as Colossus 44 27.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 12:40 PM   #126
josh8
Side-Kick

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Blaire View Post
Please I would like to see the interview where she says that.
If you want to hear it for yourself, you might have to watch the X2 DVD commentary. That's where Bryan mentions the story about the wig and how his mom was the one who suggested a shorter length. I don't know if this was talked about in any print interviews.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #127
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Par

Ok,thank you guys.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #128
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Really I was always pretty sure since her hair was the exact same length as hers was in her normal life it wasnt a wig. What was the piont otherwise?
She didn't want to keep dyeing it. It would wreck her hair.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:18 PM   #129
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Cyclops and Jean are unlikely Inless Bryan Is able to throw out the Last Stand or film ends with time traveler returning to discover future has changed and events of Last Stand has been removed because of time travel.
That would be the best way to do it.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #130
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
No, if I do not care
But..I repeat the question,I've never read an interview saying that Famke wore a wig.
I would even say that X3 has hair extensions, no wig.And if it was is a really perfect wig.
... you really can't tell X3's was a wig?

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 12-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #131
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
That would be the best way to do it.
honestly? if they're planning on doing phoenix right.. with a 4th film with the original cast.. then yeah.. erase X3.. but if they plan on never continuing the franchise with the original cast... then just erase the entire trilogy so we no longer have to be restricted to that timeline of events.

[=]
Old 12-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #132
def28
Side-Kick

Agreed. All depends on what they want to do after this film.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:56 PM   #133
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

With Bryan Singer directing,his talking about connecting films,the wolverine being called
Iron Man of the X-MenFF shared universe,and the opotion of doing more films with original
cast(Be It another X film or another Wolverine film) removing all other films Isn't going to
happen.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:04 PM   #134
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

.... the Fantastic Four... other than a deleted refrence.. HAVE NO connection to the X-men universe thus far

[=]
Old 12-17-2012, 07:15 PM   #135
def28
Side-Kick

If the original trilogy actors do not come back after DOFP then I see no point or advantage in having First Class (future films) being stuck with all the events that happened in X1,2 and 3. It would surely lead to a reboot not long after due to restrictions.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #136
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
Which is why I'm really upset that Singer brought back Louise Mingenbach for costume design (he announced it on Twitter about a month ago).

Aside from the make-up and hair being completely dreadful, the costuming was absolutely atrocious. And I'm not just talking about the superhero/villain costumes. I'm talking about the god-awful clothing that everyone had to wear. It made them all look so homely and not charismatic at all.
What?!?! Louise Mingenbach is back in the saddle with this???

*checks IMDB*

Old 12-17-2012, 08:50 PM   #137
JP
To me

What's the problem?

Old 12-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #138
JP
To me

I think it's pretty unfair to judge someone on a film they made IN 1999! Obviously comic book movies have changed a lot since X1 came out, and I think it's silly to think that despite all that, Singer and co. are somehow going to go back to the 1999 mentality... especially when he proved how much more fantasy based he can be on First Class, Superman Returns and Jack the Giant Slayer.

I'll admit the wardrobe in X1 was pretty terrible. But I feel that way NOW... but in 2000 is was perfectly fine.

But the wardrobe in X2 was pretty lovely. Nightcrawler's outfit was perfect for the character. Jeans long green jacket with the Phoenix on the back was beautiful. Mystique's blue dress. Magneto's white prison suit. I could go on.

I also loved the costumes in Superman Returns.

And at least her Superman suit was more faithful than the current MOS suit.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #139
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Somebody on these boards other than me can say something postive about Superman Returns.Shocking.

But,more seriously It's commen for directors to bring crew members they have worked on
their films.Louise has worked with Bryan Several times.Plus she also worked on Origins.
Bryan also brought on his X1 designer.I am still betting Bryan bring on Newton Thomas
Siegel as DOP and John Ottman at least as Composor(and possbly as a editor)

The uniforms for X1 and 2 were after the batman & Robin debacle and the sucess of Matrix.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:18 PM   #140
JP
To me

Quote:
Somebody on these boards other than me can say something postive about Superman Returns.Shocking.

But,more seriously It's commen for directors to bring crew members they have worked on
their films.Louise has worked with Bryan Several times.Plus she also worked on Origins.
Bryan also brought on his X1 designer.I am still betting Bryan bring on Newton Thomas
Siegel as DOP and John Ottman at least as Composor(and possbly as a editor)

The uniforms for X1 and 2 were after the batman & Robin debacle and the sucess of Matrix.

Eh, there's a lot of great things about Superman Returns. The costumes are one. The production design is incredible (wish Guy Dyas was still working with Singer ) and the cinematography.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #141
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
Thanks! I saw the photo of Halle from a recent shoot with Interview Magazine (German version) and got inspired to research the other beautiful ladies.

Here's another pic from the shoot where she is still ten times more Storm than in the movies!

That's it. I want a white afro for retro-Storm in the next film. Who's with me? LOL

Old 12-17-2012, 09:30 PM   #142
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
No, if I do not care
But..I repeat the question,I've never read an interview saying that Famke wore a wig.
I would even say that X3 has hair extensions, no wig.And if it was is a really perfect wig.
Watch X2. Skip to the scene when the X-Jet is shot down and they are dropping from the sky. Watch the part when Jean looks back at Logan wistful-like.

All will be revealed.

Including her cap. LOL

Old 12-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #143
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
What's the problem?
I think the costuming in X3 was the best of the entire series. Do you agree? Corsets dammit!!!

Old 12-17-2012, 09:40 PM   #144
JP
To me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
I think the costuming in X3 was the best of the entire series. Do you agree? Corsets dammit!!!

It wasn't bad. In terms of current fashions everyone looked pretty good. Halle looked great too. My only problem is, outside of the outfits looking great, none of it seemed character appropriate. Like the fancy blue leather jacket. It's a nice high end jacket... but would Storm EVER wear that?

Old 12-17-2012, 10:02 PM   #145
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Watch X2. Skip to the scene when the X-Jet is shot down and they are dropping from the sky. Watch the part when Jean looks back at Logan wistful-like.

All will be revealed.

Including her cap. LOL
LOL reminded me of this:

Old 12-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #146
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Eh, there's a lot of great things about Superman Returns. The costumes are one. The production design is incredible (wish Guy Dyas was still working with Singer ) and the cinematography.
I was just kiddin around.I am one of GA admirers of Superman returns(you don't get 391 million worldwide by having nobody liked the film.I mostly hate transformers films but I know they make the fortune they did by appealing to kids today.Same things with STar Wars prequels)

X-Men has been my comic obsession.My superman comics have been limited.I am my a GA admirer of Superman.Even with me getting sick of reboots what I
am seeing for Man of steel Isn't Impressing me.

Guy Dyas would have been good choice for DOFP design.And If you get off the returns bashing that film Is proof If you give Bryan more money he can embrace more fantasy elements.

Last edited by marvelrobbins; 12-17-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:41 PM   #147
JP
To me

Quote:
I was just kiddin around.I am one of GA admirers of Superman returns(you don't get 391 million worldwide by having nobody liked the film.I mostly hate transformers films but I know they make the fortune they did by appealing to kids today.Same things with STar Wars prequels)

X-Men has been my comic obsession.My superman comics have been limited.I am my a GA admirer of Superman.Even with me getting sick of reboots what I
am seeing for Man of steel Isn't Impressing me.

Guy Dyas would have been good choice for DOFP design.And If you get off the returns bashing that film Is proof If you give Bryan more money he can embrace more fantasy elements.
Just saw that he's working on Spielberg's Robopocalypse. Our loss, Spielberg's gain.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:00 PM   #148
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

He was also designer on the last Indy film(and with DIsney buying Lucasfilm I am doudtful there will be another now) so It seems he Is starting to become one of Spielberg's
regulars.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:03 PM   #149
JP
To me

He also worked on Inception.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:46 PM   #150
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Yep.I know.

Closed Thread