The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Actors from Original trilogy returning for a possible Days of Future past?
Ellen Page as Shadowcat 67 41.36%
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine 105 64.81%
Halle Berry as Storm 56 34.57%
Anna Paquin as Rogue 55 33.95%
James Marsden as Cyclops 82 50.62%
Ben Foster as Angel 28 17.28%
Kelsey Grammer as Beast 46 28.40%
Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler 49 30.25%
Shawn Ashmore as Iceman 48 29.63%
Famke Janssen as Jean Grey 64 39.51%
Taylor Kitsch as Gambit 39 24.07%
Daniel Cudmore as Colossus 44 27.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 02:37 AM   #151
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
She didn't want to keep dyeing it. It would wreck her hair.
Exactly. Famke was concerned about her hair after dyeing it auburn for X1, I doubt she would suddenly dye it red for x2 and then an almost cartoonish bright red in X3. Her hair would have to be bleached first to achieve the colours in X2 and X3.

If Famke ever reprises the role, I hope they return her to an auburn because that colour looks the best on Famke, by far.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:49 AM   #152
josh8
Side-Kick

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I think it's pretty unfair to judge someone on a film they made IN 1999! Obviously comic book movies have changed a lot since X1 came out, and I think it's silly to think that despite all that, Singer and co. are somehow going to go back to the 1999 mentality... especially when he proved how much more fantasy based he can be on First Class, Superman Returns and Jack the Giant Slayer.

I'll admit the wardrobe in X1 was pretty terrible. But I feel that way NOW... but in 2000 is was perfectly fine.

But the wardrobe in X2 was pretty lovely. Nightcrawler's outfit was perfect for the character. Jeans long green jacket with the Phoenix on the back was beautiful. Mystique's blue dress. Magneto's white prison suit. I could go on.

I also loved the costumes in Superman Returns.

And at least her Superman suit was more faithful than the current MOS suit.
Gonna have to disagree with you. I thought everything in X1 and X2 looked just as bad back then as it does now.

In X1, Storm's wardrobe was either ridiculous or dull (white tshirts... yay!), Jean's clothing was boring, and Rogue's were unflattering.

In X2, Jean wore that boring jacket and button-down shirt early on and the coat over her costume was nothing special (especially on film). Storm wore a hideous outfit in the museum and her coat over her costume had those ugly conical parts on the hands. And although her white shirt and leather pants showed off her assets, in a fashion sense, they were again completely uninspired. Rogue was supposed to be outfitted in 60s/70s "groovy" clothing, which scares me about the kind of work Mingenbach would do for a period piece because again... super dull. Mystique's dress had to tie into her mutation, so I understand why it looked like that and it was decent. I did like what she did with Nightcrawler... ironically the early, leaked pic sent everyone into a frenzy about how stupid he looked haha.

I know I'm being overly critical, but my beef is that it would have been perfectly acceptable if they were just dressed sharply, but it looked to me like they inadvertently went out of their way to put them (the women especially) in clothing that looked cheap and actually took away from the attractiveness of the actors/actresses. What the hell was that glove and "scarf" combo that Rogue was wearing at the end of X1??

Last edited by josh8; 12-18-2012 at 02:57 AM.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:00 AM   #153
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

I actually thought Rogue had her best outfits in X1.

Regarding Jean, I like her hair style in X1, but preferred X2 color. X3, was just too obviously fake and lifeless. It just looked plopped on; extremely disappointing in the Grey household disintegration of Charles.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:02 AM   #154
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Regarding Jean, I like her hair style in X1, but preferred X2 color. X3, was just too obviously fake and lifeless. It just looked plopped on; extremely disappointing in the Grey household disintegration of Charles.
Exactly, best style in X1 but better color in X2.

I think for X3 they were trying to make it look like her hair had just been growing and growing while she was entombed in the lake and so it was just long with no style. And then of course she wouldn't exactly be going to the salon before the revolution.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:03 AM   #155
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

No excuse. Movie magic dammit!

Besides, she managed to get an all red outfit that would cost a pretty penny.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:07 AM   #156
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
That's it. I want a white afro for retro-Storm in the next film. Who's with me? LOL
I said in an earlier post that if they filmmakers had any balls, they'd take some risks and actually try to make her look African. It doesn't have to be full-on afro but at least some texture. She would be FIERCE.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:08 AM   #157
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:

Haha oh I agree... the hair did not look good. I always thought it was funny that she got that brand new outfit!

Old 12-18-2012, 06:39 AM   #158
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
That's it. I want a white afro for retro-Storm in the next film. Who's with me? LOL
Uh, no! Now you're going to the other extreme. A white afro would look like something out of a 70s blaxploitation flick, or a Beyonce video.

I don't mind if it's not bright white either, because that can look fake, like a party wig.

But please let's not see that dreadful fringe again either!

Old 12-18-2012, 06:43 AM   #159
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:

I think the writers said the underlying suggestion was that Magneto gave her one of Wanda's old Scarlet Witch frocks! I kinda like that. And the curing of mutants on Alcatraz followed by many others being atomised by Dark Phoenix was sorta like Wanda's M Day meltdown.

(Still want to see the real Scarlet Witch though!)

Old 12-18-2012, 08:02 AM   #160
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Quote:
She didn't want to keep dyeing it. It would wreck her hair.
dying your hair does wreck it though. If done right and by professionals then it can make it healthier. Bleaching it constantly maybe can "Wreck it Ralph" though. So that really still doesnt make sense

:o

Last edited by jaymes_e06; 12-18-2012 at 08:06 AM.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:52 AM   #161
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
dying your hair does wreck it though. If done right and by professionals then it can make it healthier. Bleaching it constantly maybe can "Wreck it Ralph" though. So that really still doesnt make sense
She didn't want to keep dyeing it. End of story.

Regardless of the arguments over whether it would destroy her hair, she didn't want to keep doing it. It's as simple as that. I'm not sure why you won't just let it go - it's up to Famke what she wants to do with her hair!

Old 12-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #162
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Quote:
She didn't want to keep dyeing it. End of story.

Regardless of the arguments over whether it would destroy her hair, she didn't want to keep doing it. It's as simple as that. I'm not sure why you won't just let it go - it's up to Famke what she wants to do with her hair!
Ther is nothing wrong with that. But you were wrong to assume it was because it would damage her hair in some way. I only know this because my sister tells me constantly because she's an hair dresser. Im not not letting it go i was done talkin then you brought it up again so...

:o
Old 12-18-2012, 01:01 PM   #163
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
I think the costuming in X3 was the best of the entire series. Do you agree? Corsets dammit!!!
Not really. Juggernaut's helmet was really bad. They didn't really improve or bring something new to the costumes of the X-Men (unlike with X2). I didn't like Jean's red dress.

And speaking of Jean Grey's hairstyles. I don't know which one is the best

X1= I like it was simple, I liked the pony-tail and it still looked red even though sometimes it looked brownish
X2= Maybe it was an improvement because it was more appropriate for Famke's look but I'm not a fan of short hair for women/girls.
X3= I liked that it was long and red. But sometimes her hair looked too bright and unnatural.

If they are gonna bring her back, I hope her hair is dark red and I want it to look very shiny and healthy.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 12-18-2012, 02:24 PM   #164
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Uh, no! Now you're going to the other extreme. A white afro would look like something out of a 70s blaxploitation flick, or a Beyonce video.

I don't mind if it's not bright white either, because that can look fake, like a party wig.

But please let's not see that dreadful fringe again either!
Hah! I think he's partially joking but also a little serious about it if they introduce a younger storm in the 60s/70s sometime down the line.

I think bright white looks more realistic than when the wigs look blonde. I just think they need to find a hair style that works. I wouldn't mind a little frizziness!

Old 12-18-2012, 02:29 PM   #165
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Jean's looked best In X2.She was made to look like a real redhead.Her look In Last Stand
was way too fake.And In X-Men she didn't look enough like a red head.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:32 PM   #166
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Jean's looked best In X2.She was made to look like a real redhead.Her look In Last Stand
was way too fake.And In X-Men she didn't look enough like a red head.
Definitely agree with the coloring in X2. In X1, she had a nice cut, but it looked like a brunette dyed red... and sometimes just brunette.

I just thought the cut in X2 was not really Jean. I've always thought of Jean as more of a softer, loveable character. Famke is already kind of stiff and serious so the more edgy haircut didn't make things better.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:36 PM   #167
josh8
Side-Kick

Can I just add that I love how we're on a superhero movie forum and everyone's having a civilized and entertaining discussion about fashion, haircuts, make-up, etc.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #168
Angamb
Banned User

LOL

comicfans love fashion as we can see

I used to be an obsessed of Rogue's hair back in the day, but Im glad that is gone, hehe. Now its time for Famke's hair it seems, ha

Old 12-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #169
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

X-Men comic books in the 70s before Dark Phoenix.

The Famke's look is very similar.Bryan was inspired by the 70

Old 12-18-2012, 05:41 PM   #170
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
LOL

comicfans love fashion as we can see

I used to be an obsessed of Rogue's hair back in the day, but Im glad that is gone, hehe. Now its time for Famke's hair it seems, ha
lol. I think I'm the only guy here who doesn't care about hair and wardrobe.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:38 PM   #171
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
lol. I think I'm the only guy here who doesn't care about hair and wardrobe.

For me it's just about the movie looking polished. FC was the first X-Men movie that I thought looked stylish and real. Like real fashion, real international settings, real cities (and good stand-in cities), etc.

The original trilogy has this made-for-tv quality that has always bothered me.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:57 PM   #172
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
It wasn't bad. In terms of current fashions everyone looked pretty good. Halle looked great too. My only problem is, outside of the outfits looking great, none of it seemed character appropriate. Like the fancy blue leather jacket. It's a nice high end jacket... but would Storm EVER wear that?
No.

The only thing that sucked to me about X3's wardrobe for Storm is that she was always wearing flats, esp. for her X-Woman uniform. Put some heels on that chick so she can kick! LOL

Old 12-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #173
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Not really. Juggernaut's helmet was really bad.
Really? See, I loved his helmet. Reminded me of a big ole...piece of phallic equipment.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #174
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post

For me it's just about the movie looking polished. FC was the first X-Men movie that I thought looked stylish and real. Like real fashion, real international settings, real cities (and good stand-in cities), etc.

The original trilogy has this made-for-tv quality that has always bothered me.
This.

*scribbles co-signature all over this goddamn post*

Old 12-18-2012, 08:58 PM   #175
Halcohol
Suit up

That's what happens when you get like $50 to make a movie with

Closed Thread