hammer is moving on up working with dicaprio,depp,cruise all in a row

good for him

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:22 AM   #27
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: Man From U.N.C.L.E movie

I honestly thought this would stall. Hammer is certainly getting to work alongside the top guys.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:06 PM   #28
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Alicia Vikander Scores Female Lead in The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 05-24-2013, 12:50 PM   #29
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default The Man from UNCLE

Couldn't find a thread on this, but the big screen version of the TV series has been in development for some time with Tom Cruise and Armie Hammer originally set to star.

Today's news on the front page of the Hype says that Cruise is out though:

Quote:

Tom Cruise Will No Longer Be The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

The big screen reboot of the American spy series The Man from U.N.C.L.E. has gone through a rocky road on its trip to theaters. Just when it seemed like it was on the right path, they've hit another snag as Deadline is reporting that Tom Cruise has now left the project. Cruise's departure from the project is the result of the upcoming Mission: Impossible 5, which he will produce and star in. Warner Bros. is now actively looking for a replacement with hopes to start shooting the project in the fall.
Armie Hammer and Alicia Vikander are still signed on to star in the project. Guy Richie will direct the film from a script by Scott Z. Burns and Max Borenstein.

In a previous interview with ComingSoon.net, screenwriter Scott Z. Burns talked about setting the film in the 1960's.

"I thought it would be really fun to go back and look at spycraft in the Cold War and what you could and couldn't do," he said. "When you think about the world in the 1960's just in terms of cars and fashion and the aesthetic, to be able to go and shoot that world with today's cameras and today's technology, I think we could do some really cool stuff. Then also, the thing that was so cool about 'U.N.C.L.E.' that people don't realize--and this is why I like it more than 'Mission: Impossible'--the initial conceit of 'U.N.C.L.E.' was amazing. It was really about an organization that didn't have an affiliation with a country and Napoleon Solo and Illya Kuryakin were guys who should've been sworn enemies. One was Russian and one was American and they worked together. In that way, it was a really incredibly progressive, hopeful kind of show."

Who do you want to see play Napoleon Solo in the big screen adaptation?
I'm actually glad he's no longer attached, as I didn't really want to see him as Napoleon Solo. He can stick to Mission: Impossible. I'd rather have someone different in the role.

Armie Hammer is meant to be Illya Kuryakin. There would've been about a foot difference between the two stars lol.

Not sure who they could get to fill Robert Vaughn's shoes.

Old 05-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #30
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

I'm cool with this, I don't really like Ritchie and I'm a big fan of Cruise so I'd rather he focused on Mission Impossible 5.

Old 05-24-2013, 03:07 PM   #31
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

If they really wanted someone of a similar height to Armie Hammer, I suppose they could go with Ben Affleck for Solo. I don't know how good he'd be in the role though and he's maybe not so bankable these days as an actor. It would definitely be a very tall cast though.

Old 05-24-2013, 04:01 PM   #32
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I know people have been saying Fassbender looks like him. Him playing against Hammer would be an interesting take.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:05 PM   #33
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
I know people have been saying Fassbender looks like him. Him completely upstaging Hammer would be an interesting take.
Fixed.

Old 05-24-2013, 04:09 PM   #34
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Eh, depends on how the characters are portrayed. I enjoy both dudes' work. Ilya is supposed to be more stoic and Solo is more of the loose cannon.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:14 PM   #35
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Are they definitely having Napoleon Solo and Ilyia Kuryakin in this movie? I seem to recall reading somewhere that Guy Ritchie had cast Cruise and Hammer as Napoleon Solo and Ilyia Kuryakin-type characters, suggesting that they weren't necessarily those exact people but just using them as the template. I hope that is not the case as I want to see the originals. Maybe with Cruise on board it would've been that way since he wasn't playing one of the original characters from Mission: Impossible either.

Old 05-24-2013, 05:07 PM   #36
Gort Baringa
Side-Kick

Anyone think that Josh Holloway might be a good Napoleon Solo? Kind of a tongue-in-cheek guy playing Sawyer - would suit U.N.C.L.E.

Gort Baringa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #37
echostation
Banned User

Paul Walker would be excellent I think. He's proved himself now after movies like Running Scared and as the main star of the Fast and Furious franchise. I think he would be young, better actor than Armie Hammer who not look impressive in that cowboy Ranger film he does.

echostation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:47 PM   #38
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Paul Walker as who? Ilia Kuryakin?

Will it be an original movie or based on any of the previous movies that were made?

Old 05-24-2013, 10:11 PM   #39
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by echostation View Post
Paul Walker would be excellent I think. He's proved himself now after movies like Running Scared and as the main star of the Fast and Furious franchise. I think he would be young, better actor than Armie Hammer who not look impressive in that cowboy Ranger film he does.
I think Walker is a much weaker actor than Hammer. He looks fine in Lone Ranger, he's a charismatic guy. The movie however looks sleep inducing.

I wonder who they will get to step in for Cruise? It is probably going to be another big star.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:14 PM   #40
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

I could see RDJ taking the role.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #41
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I could see RDJ taking the role.
I thinking that too.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:25 PM   #42
kvz5
HBIC

Will he have time though? When is the Avengers 2 shooting?

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:56 AM   #43
rayc1971
Side-Kick

I would like to see Robert downey jr in this type of role.he has the relationship with Ritchie so why not.i don't think he has anything lined up besides avengers2 and that would shoot until 2014.

rayc1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:24 AM   #44
Octoberist
point blank

I'm going to throw this one out here, and it's out of left field: Mark Ruffalo.*

*With hair dye please. Man, what happened. He looked great and young in 'The Kids are All Right' and 'The Avengers'.

Old 05-25-2013, 06:37 AM   #45
Project862006
Banned User

rdj? and you guys were making fun of cruise's height lol

Old 05-25-2013, 07:48 AM   #46
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
I'm going to throw this one out here, and it's out of left field: Mark Ruffalo.*

*With hair dye please. Man, what happened. He looked great and young in 'The Kids are All Right' and 'The Avengers'.
I don't really see Ruffalo as a cool super spy.

Not keen on RDJ either. I prefer someone fresh in the role (which is why I didn't like Tom Cruise as he already has Mission Impossible and it would've felt like more of the same).

Old 05-25-2013, 07:54 AM   #47
Project862006
Banned User

someone fresh as an unknown?

because you know this movie isn't happening without a big name

Old 05-25-2013, 08:23 AM   #48
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I didn't say someone unknown. There are other actors out there who might not already be intimately associated with a franchise or two who could still star in this movie.

I don't want to be continually seeing Tony Stark/ Sherlock Holmes, or seeing Ethan Hunt (which is what Tom Cruise would essentially be since it's the same genre) when watching Napoleon Solo. I think Cruise was right to leave, because if there is a choice between MI:5 and UNCLE, he might as well just make MI:5 instead of playing the same character under a different name.

Old 05-25-2013, 08:53 AM   #49
echostation
Banned User

Why get 40+ yr old actors that can hardly hold franchise after while. Rdj getting so eaily hurt in iron man 3 and put entire production at risk so they used the computer generated special visual effects technical techniques to put hos face on body double. The whole ending is this trchnique at the edge of stark house/manor. Get somebody younger, slimmer, thinner who heal faster. Paul walker for the lead role after all action scene he do in fast 6 make him the obvious choice. Arny hammer thou also good choice very much. Both actors are the talented and should compete for this role. Not silly old unhealing weaker rdj or tom cruise or liam neeson

echostation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #50
Project862006
Banned User

hugh jackman still kicking at 44

ageist