The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 02-15-2013, 08:59 AM   #51
Quasar
Side-Kick

Default Re: Surivor: Caramoan - Fans vs Favorites 2!

You kind of figure with this group of lumps being called "favorites", they'd vote off Francesca first. I was really surprised how strong she was in the challenge. To have a strong woman is a huge boon to your tribe, so naturally they'd get rid of her immediately, because it's the opposite of smart. I loved how Brandon immediately went back to his old ways and targeted a pretty girl to vote out. Though he didn't say it, you know it's because he can't handle the temptation

Old 02-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #52
Wyrminarrd
Side-Kick

Lol, I think that Brandon was in this instance reading the situation right. Andrea clearly was playing both sides and couldn't be trusted.

Francesca's biggest enemy seems to be her self, if she'd just kept a low profile I doubt she would have been targeted but instead she tried to set herself up as a ring leader.

Wyrminarrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #53
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Oh man, I am loving Laura. Her move, calling out the idol....brilliant.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:16 AM   #54
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

This season is great so far.

SolarTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:48 AM   #55
Quasar
Side-Kick

The irony of the idol outing is that guy probably wears tight pants for the express purpose of showing off his package.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:51 AM   #56
steintym
Stay Frosty

Loved the move to call out the idol.

Not sure why the "pretty people" were playing like they were in a position of power. They've openly isolated themselves from the rest of the tribe. Basically, they've begged for targets to be placed on there backs.

steintym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #57
Wyrminarrd
Side-Kick

Yeah, it never ceases to amaze me that people still form minority alliances. Though in this instance it seemed like they just got played by the bearded dude and thought they had at least five votes.

In further defence of the four I'd say that Shamar should have been voted out, the guy is the laziest sack of **** to be on survivor in a long time.

As for the favorites, I really hope that Brandon is the next to go as the guy clearly isn't stable enough to be playing this game.

Old 02-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #58
Harry_Lime02
Concerned Citizen

It seemed to me like Laura didn't actually want to outright expose the idol, just vaguely hint about it enough to have some leverage over Reynold. But then Probst ruined it for her.

Gotta say, the Fans are much better than I thought they would be. Laura, Michael, Sherri and even Reynold are all strong players in their own way.

And Malcolm...even though I like him a lot...has gotta be the most overrated player in terms of challenge prowess. That was almost the second time in a row he's blown a huge lead on the tossing section. He had to have Phillip rescue it for him. Phillip.

Old 02-21-2013, 06:37 PM   #59
Wyrminarrd
Side-Kick

Malcolm doesn't have the steady hands so Im surprised that he's taken on the tossing part of each challenge. Maybe it's more a case of no one else really wanting to do that? Regardless, Malcolm would have been a lot more useful in the pulling part of the challenge than Cochran was

Old 02-22-2013, 10:27 AM   #60
Quasar
Side-Kick

If they would add a leg to a challenge where someone has to get sunburned the fastest, Cochran would be aces!

Old 02-27-2013, 09:18 PM   #61
Sakuraba
Seer of Visions

Man, what happened to the Survivor threads? This thread should be rocking tonight.

I'll just throw out something that I've noticed this season.

Brenda, she was such a strong and strategic player on her original season, and man, I don't think she's had one confessional yet. I mean, it's like she's not even there. Strange

Old 02-28-2013, 08:52 AM   #62
Quasar
Side-Kick

They're too busy having Brandon spout off about peeing in the beans.

I also loved how Phillip bragged about playing basketball and shooting air balls lol

Last edited by Quasar; 02-28-2013 at 09:04 AM.
Quasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #63
Harry_Lime02
Concerned Citizen

Yeah, the lack of Brenda is probably the worst thing about this season. Erik seems to have disappeared as well.

Meh episode. I didn't care about Hope at all.

Old 02-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #64
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
They're too busy having Brandon spout off about peeing in the beans.

I also loved how Phillip bragged about playing basketball and shooting air balls lol
He said he double dribbles and shoots air all day...That's not good Phillip.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:30 PM   #65
Wyrminarrd
Side-Kick

I think that Brenda is trying for the under the radar play, and so far it's working well for her.

Right now the attention at the favorite camp is squarely on Phillip, Brandon and Andrea. Andrea at least seems to be playing a good game so focusing on her makes sense but the attention that Phillip is getting is just because he's crazy and I wish the producers would focus more on the players who are really playing the game.

On the fan side I was really hoping that Shamar would go, the guy is just worthless around camp and is such a self indulgent cry baby.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:16 PM   #66
Sakuraba
Seer of Visions

I try to avoid thinking about how the show is edited, but I can't imagine Brenda going far without basically any build up through the first three episodes. The camera doesn't get within 300 meters of her, and she's smoking hot. Something's amiss here.

I think Andrea probably talks too much, she even said as much this week. She's playing too hard right now, going after a minority faction in her majority alliance. Telling any info to Brandon or involving him at all is not sound play.

Phillip, I think, is mastering his strategy. He's still the crazy guy that people think they want to take to the finals, but he's not really doing anything to piss anyone off save Brandon and Franchesquewah. He's just sort of the comic relief guy that happens to be holding all the cards.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:45 AM   #67
Wyrminarrd
Side-Kick

I think that Andrea is over thinking things, sometimes it's better to just sit back and go with the current plan rather than always trying to change things up.

It also seemed strange to focus on Corinn and Malcolm when it seems like Brandon and Eric are tight and Dawn and Cochran also seem tight.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #68
Harry_Lime02
Concerned Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
I think that Andrea is over thinking things, sometimes it's better to just sit back and go with the current plan rather than always trying to change things up.

It also seemed strange to focus on Corinn and Malcolm when it seems like Brandon and Eric are tight and Dawn and Cochran also seem tight.
Agreed, I'm not entirely sure why she's turning on her own alliance this early.

I will say though, the thing I am most grateful for in returning player seasons is that the gameplay never stays static for long.

Old 03-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #69
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

To me it just seems like there might be a little jealousy when she sees her and Malcolm being close.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:10 PM   #70
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

I didn't know they were bringing the hot Asian chick back on the Favorites. If I did I would've actually been paying attention these past three weeks.

Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #71
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Shemar is the biggest pile of ****

"I'll only stay if you wait on me hand and foot"... are you kidding me?! Hit the bricks, pal...

Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:38 AM   #72
Sakuraba
Seer of Visions

So Brenda got to be on camera this week outside of a challenge when Special Agent Sheppard dubbed her "Serenity". She even got to say "wow". Girl's a beast in challenges and she was so damn strategic on the Old vs Young season. What is going on here?

I laughed so hard when Phillip christened Erik "The Silent One". Also huge laughs for Phillip pitching from the stretch in the challenge. It looked like he was calling off signs from his catcher. Phillip is carrying this show

Shamar, dude. WTF was that? I'm sure Marines everywhere cringed at your performance this season. The anti-Rudy.

So Brandon dumps out the rice and kicks over a lawn chair next week. Looked like Erik was trying to half restrain him, I wonder if there will be a fight too.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:44 AM   #73
Sakuraba
Seer of Visions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I didn't know they were bringing the hot Asian chick back on the Favorites. If I did I would've actually been paying attention these past three weeks.
Well, the only time you see Brenda is when she's kicking total ass in challenges. I just can't believe she's not trying anything on the Favourites side. Maybe she knows her team is strong enough to have a major plurality at the merge and then she'll work with the Fans. Safe and non strategic for now, but deadly at the merge.

I just don't know how she goes from being the most strategic on her season (along with Marty and Sash), to just showing up for a vacation. Maybe it'll be like Richard Hatch on All-Stars, when he didn't play the game at all until the night he got voted out, when he started turning the wheels.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #74
Wyrminarrd
Side-Kick

I think with Brenda it's a case of her being afraid of being perceived as a manipulator. She knows that the others have seen her play that game before and could easily turn on her if she tries it again. Then again, maybe it's just a case of who she's playing with since on her original season the players on her tribe were pretty pathetic for the most part as I recall.

Really glad that Shamar is gone, the guy was just incredibly lame and totally did not deserve to be on the show.

Also glad that the fans saw reason and realised that they can't go on loosing immunity challenges. Laura was useless in challenges and really dragged her team down. Shame is that she did really seem like she understood the game and could have been an interesting player later on.

Another thing Im glad about is that the show once again doesn't allow the same player to sit out in back to back challenges, it makes for a much more interesting dynamic.

As for next weeks episode... If the previews are correct then I hope the guy get's kicked out of the show by the producers, there should be no need to vote someone of after something like that.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #75
Sakuraba
Seer of Visions

Can we bring back Exile Island and send him there for the rest of the season? The little dysfunctional man was mugging to the camera about how he had tricked Phillip into trusting him after Phillip gave him a silly nickname, but it was clear Phillip just wanted him to think that. Phillip Sheppard mindf***ed him and I think that is the catalyst for his emotional breakdown next week. Looked like Phillip walking down the beach that he was yelling at.

I wonder if Probst is going to be soft and give them more rice. That'd be kind of weak if he did. My guess is that they'll get a bare minimum of rice from Probst.