The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 04-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #101
Wyrminarrd
Side-Kick

Default Re: Surivor: Caramoan - Fans vs Favorites 2!

The dead give away in this episode was the fact that Sherri didn't really get any attention and not even a single confessional. If she had been the one going home she would have gotten more airtime.

Corinne was definitely too wedded to the plan of having Sherri voted out first and then blind siding Philip. Philip practically handed her control of the game on a silver platter by wanting a split vote and all she had to do was say yes. She could even have covered her basis by only insisting that Sherri be one of the two getting votes.

Wyrminarrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #102
Sakuraba
Seer of Visions

Is there any doubt that Cochran or Dawn are winning this thing? I mean, Jesus, CBS used to do a little bit better job editing this show.

Oh who knows. Maybe it's a big swerve and Brenda or Erik will win. Bwahahaha.

Old 04-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #103
Sakuraba
Seer of Visions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
The dead give away in this episode was the fact that Sherri didn't really get any attention and not even a single confessional. If she had been the one going home she would have gotten more airtime.

Corinne was definitely too wedded to the plan of having Sherri voted out first and then blind siding Philip. Philip practically handed her control of the game on a silver platter by wanting a split vote and all she had to do was say yes. She could even have covered her basis by only insisting that Sherri be one of the two getting votes.
This season's editing has been down right bad, and the whole reading off five straight votes for X, and SWERVE, the next seven are for Y, is played out. There was no doubt left when Sherri came up on the first five ballots.

Oh Corrine, I think she just overplayed the game. A lot of players are overdoing it. Andrea, Phillip, Malcolm, Reynold, their days are numbered. The quiet players are going to swing each week and stay alive and outlast the others. My two question mark players are Eddie and Sherri. (Believe it or not, I believe Brenda and Erik are actually safe since they only exist as swing votes for the "star" players, it's just that we know they won't win because they haven't had one f'n confessional since the first episode.)

For Eddie, I wonder if he'll get dragged down with Reynold and Malcolm. He's the quiet one of the three, but he's also their mister slave. I think he's done.

Sherri is trying to play a quiet game now and be a good little voter for the star players, but I can't imagine that will last for long since we know she is a schemer. I don't know if she has the patience to wait for the opportune moment to become a mover. She'll probably bite it in a few weeks, but she's the smartest player in this season, so nothing would surprise me. Timing is key for her.

I'd say the final four is: Brenda, Erik, Cochran, and Dawn, with Dawn winning.

Old 04-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #104
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_Lime02 View Post
Why did Corinne think Dawn was on the outs? Why not go to Brenda?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
There was absolutely no need to get Dawn involved, it was a huge mistake to make and set everything else in motion.
I listened to an interview with Corinne in which she insisted that Dawn was her best friend out there, so that's why she bounced her plan off her. Naturally the editors decided not to show us that relationship so that we could see more of Phillip making a fool out of himself.

Quote:
I hope that Malcolm can salvage things because I find the players in the "Philip" alliance to be far less likeable then in the other alliance.
Ditto. I just find most of the favorites outside of Phillip, Malcolm, and Cochran (and Phillip and Cochran bug me) to be really boring. Here's hoping a fan will win this thing.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #105
Wyrminarrd
Side-Kick

I also read interviews where she said that, personally I think that she was making excuses. Plus if nothing else it doesn't excuse not agreeing to the split with Philip.

Old 04-07-2013, 07:53 PM   #106
Sakuraba
Seer of Visions

Imagine how bad it would be if Shamar hadn't be e-vac'd. With him, Cochran, and Phillip, there is no time for additional players.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #107
Quasar
Side-Kick

Don't forget Brandon. If he hadn't imploded, they wouldn't have thrown the challenge specifically to get rid of him. And he was getting a buttload of confessional time.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #108
Wyrminarrd
Side-Kick

Maybe Brandon only got all that confessional time because he blew up? If he had kept his cool he might have been featured a lot less.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:07 PM   #109
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Rumors for next season:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Apparently, multiple past players have confirmed that they have been approached about returning next season. The format would be one tribe of returning players vs. a tribe of their family members.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #110
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Oh Christ... there's no way that won't result in Hantz family members.

H.E.(R?)
Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:42 PM   #111
carrrnuttt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Rumors for next season:

Apparently, multiple past players have confirmed that they have been approached about returning next season. The format would be one tribe of returning players vs. a tribe of their family members.

That dynamic would be really weird, but potentially interesting.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #112
Wyrminarrd
Side-Kick

Sounds kind of cool, would create some very interesting dynamics if nothing else.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #113
Dr. Remy Lebeau
The doctor is in chere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrrnuttt View Post
That dynamic would be really weird, but potentially interesting.
I agree. This could be great!

Dr. Remy Lebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #114
Wyrminarrd
Side-Kick

My brother pointed out something about this idea that I think he was correct about:

When picking family members it can't be spouses, if they allow married people or couples then you automatically have people who would share the money if one of them wins. That would create a bias that would detract from the season imo.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:08 PM   #115
Sakuraba
Seer of Visions

I kinda wish Probst would just pull the trigger on All Stars 2, as has been rumored for a few years now.

It's gotten to the point where it either has to be an all new cast or all returning players. Whenever you mix the two, the returning players just have too large an advantage.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #116
Sakuraba
Seer of Visions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Oh Christ... there's no way that won't result in Hantz family members.
Remember when Lil Hantz's dad showed up during the family member reward challenge and he was just as manipulative and brow-beating as Russell? That has potential.

If it results in Colby and his feuding brother, Russell and his equally evil brother, FairPlay and that flamboyant friend that told him his grandma died, Coach and his assistant coach, Rudy and his great great grandson, I mean, that could actually be pretty good.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:21 AM   #117
Harry_Lime02
That perfect girl is gone

Sad to see Michael go, but this season's really getting intense now. I loved how Malcolm managed to swindle an idol out of the guy he just voted for. That would've been so cold-blooded if Reynold did end up going home.

Reynold is the worst wannabe "mastermind" ever, it's almost endearing how bad he is. Wasted 2 idols, votes in the minority for the 4th time, and is just generally wrong about everything.

Is Eddie the shallowest person in the world? I bet he only saves good-looking people from fires.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #118
Quasar
Side-Kick

I was hoping Brenda would make the winning goal since she's all kinds of awesome and never gets a confessional. (though I'm a little confused on whether it would've been a winning goal. Was it the first team to make 4 goals wins, or would the 2nd team get to throw again if they hadn't had an equal number of throws? It sounded like Probst said Brenda could win it. If it's just who got 4 goals first, the team that went first had a HUGE advantage). I also liked how the goalie was pretty much useless as all you had to do was toss it over his head. I suppose he did make it slightly harder to hit the target because you did have to throw it high.

And Eddie doesn't do much, but he did end up inadvertedly messing up the plan, because if he hadn't scared Andrea, they would've voted for Malcolm, and Malcolm's stolen idol would've ended up working. And yeah, Reynolds needs to just give up.

Heroes vs Villains was a variation of All Stars. Maybe they could do another variation, like Brains vs Brawn, or Sexy vs Stupid.

Last edited by Quasar; 04-11-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Quasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:49 PM   #119
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

This was one hell of an episode! Finally, the season's getting good. I would've preferred Andrea to have Andrea leave over Malcolm but whatevs.

I'd rather not see any more returning players. If they must return, do like in the Philippines and have three tribes, one returnee per tribe.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:42 PM   #120
Wyrminarrd
Side-Kick

Glad that both Andrea and Malcolm stayed, they are the two people who are playing the hardest and imo smartest.

Malcolm really brought his A game to the tribal council, he not only realised that it might be a split vote between him and Reynolds and covered himself by voting Reynolds, he then managed to talk Reynolds into protecting him. He really played that well, though it might raise questions after the tribal when Reynolds and Eddie wonder where the fourth Andrea vote went.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #121
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Malcolm screwed himself. He now is on the outs with the favorites, and Reynolds/Eddie will be pissed he didn't follow through with the plan and vote Andrea out.

Even through Reynolds is dumb, he is sorta endearing with how optimistic he is every tribal council.

SolarTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #122
Dr. Remy Lebeau
The doctor is in chere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarTiger View Post
Malcolm screwed himself. He now is on the outs with the favorites, and Reynolds/Eddie will be pissed he didn't follow through with the plan and vote Andrea out.

Even through Reynolds is dumb, he is sorta endearing with how optimistic he is every tribal council.
I don't know, Malcolm was already on the outs with the favorites. If Andrea didn't have her minimeltdown after talking to Eddie, I think Malcolm would have been voted for (which would have led to Andrea going home... nice job Andrea!).

That was a super suspenseful tribal counsel. I had no idea what was going to happen. I did think that after Phillipp's speech that Malcolm would play his own idol. That was ballsy to ask Reynold to give his over. I wonder if he would have revealed his if Reynold had turned him down.

Let the games continue! Survivor rocks!

Dr. Remy Lebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #123
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Holy ****....best tribal council ever!

Old 04-17-2013, 08:59 PM   #124
PemLam
I'll be the judge of that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Holy ****....best tribal council ever!
Agreed. Hopefully the idol is back in play too. I desperately want to see Sherri and Dawn go home.

PemLam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:01 AM   #125
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

lol that was such a **** you to Phillip from EVERYBODY. It's like "Best case scenario: One of these guys is bluffing and they end up going home. Slightly lesser best case scenario: We lose this highly erratic, unhelpful and dickish member of our team, and in the event that one of us ends up in the finals, we can point to the votes and say we never voted against him. Win-win."

H.E.(R?)
Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote