The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Old 05-23-2013, 09:22 AM   #26
Mr. Dent

Default Re: Ronan and The Kree?

I'll flip my **** if we see Kree in GotG.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:25 AM   #27
Mr. Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Well personally I am much more excited for Ronan himself, I never even knew he existed until I read Annihilation. I read comics as a kid but it was all 2000AD stuff, never got into Marvel or DC until 2006 so Annihilation was my first exposure to him and I have loved him, and all the characters involved, since.

I have since read quite a bit of Ronan and he is one of my favourite characters, along with Drax, Nova, and basically all of the cosmic characters. I find the cosmic side of things in Marvel a lot more interesting. Annihilation Conquest, War Of Kings, Realm Of Kings, The Thanos imperitave and then The Annihilators all had quite a bit of Ronan and the other characters from Annihilation in them and I really enjoyed them all.

And yeah, Ronan wouldnt be a lackey, I would prefer Thanos manipulated him somehow into going after the GOTG and trying to destroy them, only to realise later that he was being played, and then he would help the GOTG against him. One of the early synopsis's for the movie mentioned the GOTG are criminals, maybe they escape from a Kree prison and that is why Ronan is sent after them?
That would make sense. Annihilation Conquest began with Star-Lord breaking out of prison as well.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
Old 05-23-2013, 09:31 AM   #28
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
That would make sense. Annihilation Conquest began with Star-Lord breaking out of prison as well.
Star Lord must have broken out before that, as he was heavily involved in Annihilation which was before Conquest. I believe he was imprisoned on the Kyln with Thanos and The Fallen One, who both got out as well.

But yeah, in Conquest, he recruits the very first GOTG (though they didnt go by that name then) from a Kree prison which includes Groot and Rocket Raccoon. There were a few others like Bug, Mantis and some others who died as well I wont mentioned in case anyone hasnt read it.

1)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(2)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(3)The Lego Movie-7.5(4)Robocop-7.5(5)300:Rise Of An Empire-7
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:11 AM   #29
smallville fan
Hero

Are the Kree and the Skrull owned by Disney/Marvel??? I was told that they're more Fantastic Four villains and thus owned by Fox.

If they are owned by Marvel I guess they could do a Secret Invasion storyline which would be awesome. For example the Coulson that died in Avengers turned into a Skrul afterwards.

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #30
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cph9fa View Post
This was what I assumed the Nova Corps would be doing, back when their involvement was rumored. So Nova Corps and Ronan -- allies? Or at odds with one another? Or no interactions at all?
Tough to say. We don't even know for sure that the Nova Corps will be involved, after all.

metaphysician is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #31
Mr. Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
Are the Kree and the Skrull owned by Disney/Marvel??? I was told that they're more Fantastic Four villains and thus owned by Fox.

If they are owned by Marvel I guess they could do a Secret Invasion storyline which would be awesome. For example the Coulson that died in Avengers turned into a Skrul afterwards.
Marvel should most definitely own the Kree. They aren't FF villains at all and have had far more involvement in Avengers, Captain Marvel, and Inhuman storylines, all properties which Marvel own.

As for the Skrulls, yeah Fox owns them, but Feige stated the situation is somewhat similar to the Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver license. I don't think they can use the name "Skrulls" judging from what Feige said though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Tough to say. We don't even know for sure that the Nova Corps will be involved, after all.
I'd be very surprised if the Nova Corps aren't in the film, especially after those casting calls.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:19 PM   #32
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Quote:
Well personally I am much more excited for Ronan himself, I never even knew he existed until I read Annihilation. I read comics as a kid but it was all 2000AD stuff, never got into Marvel or DC until 2006 so Annihilation was my first exposure to him and I have loved him, and all the characters involved, since.

I have since read quite a bit of Ronan and he is one of my favourite characters, along with Drax, Nova, and basically all of the cosmic characters. I find the cosmic side of things in Marvel a lot more interesting. Annihilation Conquest, War Of Kings, Realm Of Kings, The Thanos imperitave and then The Annihilators all had quite a bit of Ronan and the other characters from Annihilation in them and I really enjoyed them all.

And yeah, Ronan wouldnt be a lackey, I would prefer Thanos manipulated him somehow into going after the GOTG and trying to destroy them, only to realise later that he was being played, and then he would help the GOTG against him. One of the early synopsis's for the movie mentioned the GOTG are criminals, maybe they escape from a Kree prison and that is why Ronan is sent after them?
Same here Ronan appearing makes my excitement level go up to a 13, and I hope if he and the Kree show up we see THE SUPREME INTELLIGENCE. I feel like that could be really cool and creepy

Norrin Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #33
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Marvel should most definitely own the Kree. They aren't FF villains at all and have had far more involvement in Avengers, Captain Marvel, and Inhuman storylines, all properties which Marvel own.

As for the Skrulls, yeah Fox owns them, but Feige stated the situation is somewhat similar to the Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver license. I don't think they can use the name "Skrulls" judging from what Feige said though.
Well in the Ultimate comics weren't the Chitauri=Skrulls? I guess having already used them for Avengers 1 there's no reason why they can't introduce shape-shifting Chitauri infiltrators like Herr Kleiser in the Ultimate Avengers comic/movie. That might be a nice nod to the Skrulls yes?

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #34
Mr. Dent

Yeah but Feige said the Chitauri aren't shape shifters and they used the Chitauri because they didn't want to be bogged down with all the history of the Kree and Skrulls.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:37 AM   #35
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Agreed, I'm more excited about Ronan himself than the Kree as a whole. I've been waiting to see Ronan on the big screen for years now, I think he's a good fit for this film.

Besides, Ronan and Drax going mano-a-mano will surely be a sight to see.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:25 AM   #36
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Where are all these Ronan as villain rumours coming from? I thought when people were talking about Ronan they were talking about the actress considered for Scarlet Witch lol.

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:38 AM   #37
Mr. Dent

Joblo.

Old 05-24-2013, 07:42 AM   #38
cph9fa
Side-Kick

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/excl...g-spider-man-2

cph9fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:52 PM   #39
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCap View Post
Same here Ronan appearing makes my excitement level go up to a 13, and I hope if he and the Kree show up we see THE SUPREME INTELLIGENCE. I feel like that could be really cool and creepy
Definately, Ronan is just such an awesome character, especially now in the comics, he is a real bad-ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Agreed, I'm more excited about Ronan himself than the Kree as a whole. I've been waiting to see Ronan on the big screen for years now, I think he's a good fit for this film.

Besides, Ronan and Drax going mano-a-mano will surely be a sight to see.
Indeed it will, I dont think they have ever fought in the comics but I may be wrong. Can anyone else confirm if they ever have? Would be an amazing fight and I want to see it on the big screen.

1)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(2)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(3)The Lego Movie-7.5(4)Robocop-7.5(5)300:Rise Of An Empire-7
Old 06-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #40
SuperSAINT
Side-Kick

*Edit - Never mind.

Last edited by SuperSAINT; 06-14-2013 at 01:20 PM.
SuperSAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:45 PM   #41
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

John C Reilly is Ronan!

Old 06-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #42
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
John C Reilly is Ronan!

LOL. No, he isn't.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:56 PM   #43
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

If he was cast as Ronan I would be sorely disappointed

Old 06-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #44
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
LOL. No, he isn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCap View Post
If he was cast as Ronan I would be sorely disappointed
He's not lol. I read the article on here, and I freaked lol got too excited

Old 07-08-2013, 10:23 PM   #45
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Well it seems like Pace is Ronan, cant wait to see his outfit. Hope he gets to re-live his Annihilation fight with Gamora in live action in this movie.

Would love to see him fight Drax as well, think that would be an amazing and very close confrontation.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:24 PM   #46
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

If Lee is Ronan then that would mean a Ronan solo movie yes? Didn't they say his character would have a spin-off film

Old 07-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #47
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Thats the only thing that has me scratching my head

Old 07-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #48
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Yeah I mean don't get me wrong I LOVE Ronan and would absolutely watch a solo film of his it just seems weird that he of all people gets a solo movie.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:50 PM   #49
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Ronan and Kree solo movie makes no sense. The best bet would be Nova.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:45 PM   #50
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Or Warlock. But am I missing something I thought Lee Pace was confirmed for Ronan?