The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #101
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 11,446
Default Re: Ronan and The Kree?

That's disappointing, having a female main villain would be much more interesting and different. Maybe their co-lead villains.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:49 AM   #102
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!
 
Captain Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,193
Default Re: Ronan and The Kree?



Hmm. Looks like a Kree there to me.

Captain Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:53 PM   #103
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 24,841
Default Re: Ronan and The Kree?

^Yep, and if Kree are in the movie, i'm pretty sure Ronan will be Kree as well.

__________________
2014 movie ratings out of 10:

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:02 PM   #104
ares834
Side-Kick
 
ares834's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,314
Default Re: Ronan and The Kree?

Interesting. I know Kree in comics are pretty much just blue humans but I do hope they modify the look a little bit. Personally, I'd like them to look a bit more "alien".

ares834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:05 PM   #105
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,853
Default Re: Ronan and The Kree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Yeah, Ronan can take on The Thing and beat him in the comics (though a lot of that is due to his hammer) but he aint in Thor's league, Thor would beat him every time in the comics.

I am interested how powerful they make Ronan, if he is a main bad guy, he will need to be able to take on the Guardians and in their own right Drax, Gamora and Groot are all pretty powerful.
I'm actually not so sure. IIRC, Ronan has given the Silver Surfer a hard fight a couple times. That sounds like enough power to at least compete with Thor.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:12 PM   #106
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 24,841
Default Re: Ronan and The Kree?

^Really? I would have thought SS would be able to deal with Ronan quite easily, unless SS was holding back, which he does do.

For me, SS is more powerful than Thor and I think both would wipe the floor with Ronan in a proper fight.

In The Annihilators, Ikon even pointed out that Ronan was the weakest of the group by some way, and this was a group that included SS, Beta Ray Bill, Quasar and Gladiator. There may have been one more I cant currently think of as well.

__________________
2014 movie ratings out of 10:

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:34 PM   #107
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,956
Default Re: Ronan and The Kree?

Being blue =/= being Kree guys.

For instance, both Nebula and Yondu are blue and not Kree. Among other characters not in the movie like Andromeda.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:30 AM   #108
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!
 
Captain Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,193
Default Re: Ronan and The Kree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Being blue =/= being Kree guys.

For instance, both Nebula and Yondu are blue and not Kree. Among other characters not in the movie like Andromeda.
There's more to Yondu then just being blue. He also has a gigantic crest, which differentiates him from the Kree. You may as well say that Gamora and the Skrulls are the same because they're both green, even though the Skrulls have multiple chins, pointy ears, can shapechange, and have numerous other differences from the Zen-Whoberis.

As for Nebula, she's one of the rare exceptions of blue-skinned human looking aliens in the Marvel Universe who ISN'T Kree. And look at the pictures. There're SEVERAL of those blue-skinned human-like aliens running around, it's not just that one guy. So if they're not Kree, then they're certainly doing a good approximation of the Kree, as there're a lot of them.

Captain Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:40 AM   #109
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!
 
Captain Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,193
Default Re: Ronan and The Kree?

Old Kree.


Shaved-head girl Kree on the left.

Captain Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:54 AM   #110
ctsketch
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,867
Default Re: Ronan and The Kree?

as much as I'd like for them to be Kree, we don't know it for sure yet

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #111
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!
 
misjuevos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 4,171
Default Re: Ronan and The Kree?

when we see ronan we might. he is a blue kree.

__________________
"fear should not exist in your mind, if you fear you will never accomplish anything"
misjuevos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:47 PM   #112
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,956
Default Re: Ronan and The Kree?

Korath was also a blue Kree. Not in this move.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #113
ctsketch
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,867
Default Re: Ronan and The Kree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Korath was also a blue Kree. Not in this move.
we haven't seen an official photo of him yet

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #114
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings
 
JB-the-Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,800
Default Re: Ronan and The Kree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Korath was also a blue Kree. Not in this move.
For some reason you seem against the Kree being in this movie.

__________________
Natasha Romanoff - "Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors potential threats."

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #115
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,092
Default Re: Ronan and The Kree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
For some reason you seem against the Kree being in this movie.

Eh, I think he just feels confident about that fact that they won't be in it, and is making it clear that he was the one who was "right"


which is okay, I do it from time to time as well lol

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:05 AM   #116
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,956
Default Re: Ronan and The Kree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
we haven't seen an official photo of him yet
He was in the SDCC trailer and he's not blue, nor anything similar to his look from the comics. People who were there told me he looks regular with markings on his face, and TheVileOne further confirmed that on this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
For some reason you seem against the Kree being in this movie.
I'm not against Kree being in this movie. I would prefer it. But I'm not about to hope myself into believing they will be in it when there has been no indication that they are...besides "blue characters" in set photos and Pace referring to Ronan as a Kree when talking about his history from the comics. Otherwise everything points against them being in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Eh, I think he just feels confident about that fact that they won't be in it, and is making it clear that he was the one who was "right"


which is okay, I do it from time to time as well lol
Pretty much, although I don't mean to make it clear that I'm right just inform people on the standing of things. A lot of people...most people are hopping to the conclusion the Kree are in this movie because Ronan and Korath are in it and there are blue people in set photos...that is not the case.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:14 AM   #117
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!
 
misjuevos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 4,171
Default Re: Ronan and The Kree?

this is the internet, no one rushes to tell you you're right. they only rush to tell you you're wrong. so just have fun speculating.

__________________
"fear should not exist in your mind, if you fear you will never accomplish anything"
misjuevos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:54 AM   #118
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings
 
JB-the-Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,800
Default Re: Ronan and The Kree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Otherwise everything points against them being in it.
Like what exactly?

__________________
Natasha Romanoff - "Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors potential threats."

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:28 AM   #119
Amputech
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 21
Default Re: Ronan and The Kree?

Mr. Dent has a point about the footage not showing Korath as a blue skinned Kree. But there is also a reason that they said this footage wasn't meant for the internet. Some scenes may not be completed or finished. I mean, isn't Ronan huge in comparison to "normal" sized characters. I'm sure some post production CG will be done if they go that route with his character. Lee Pace isn't exactly an intimidating guy on his own.

Amputech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #120
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar
 
Norrin Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,115
Default Re: Ronan and The Kree?

I'm pretty sure I saw a glimpse of Ronan in the leaked footage if it was him his silhouette looked great.

__________________
"TO ME MY GALACTUS"
- Franklin Richards-
FAVORITE COMIC BOOK FILMS (no particular order)
Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man
Norrin Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #121
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,956
Default Re: Ronan and The Kree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Like what exactly?
Korath not being blue. Ronan (and Korath by extension and Hounsou's own admission) being a part of Thanos's army, and his admiral at that. The fact we know Marvel has copyright issues with the Skrulls and one of those possibly being them not being able to call them Skrulls, it could be the same situation with the Kree.

So there's really nothing to suggest that they're Kree while there are several that suggest they aren't. Everyone is jumping the gun by saying just because they're in the movie means that Marvel are definitely using Kree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amputech View Post
Mr. Dent has a point about the footage not showing Korath as a blue skinned Kree. But there is also a reason that they said this footage wasn't meant for the internet. Some scenes may not be completed or finished. I mean, isn't Ronan huge in comparison to "normal" sized characters. I'm sure some post production CG will be done if they go that route with his character. Lee Pace isn't exactly an intimidating guy on his own.
There's no reason for Hounsou not to have been blue considering they did all the other make-up on him. Not to mention Kree don't have ridges on their face anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrin Parker View Post
I'm pretty sure I saw a glimpse of Ronan in the leaked footage if it was him his silhouette looked great.
If you're talking about the guy walking out the ship, I don't think that's Ronan. It's not possible since Pace hadn't begun shooting at the time the comic-con clip was shown.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:11 PM   #122
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,092
Default Re: Ronan and The Kree?

was nebula in it? A blue faced female, with one eye like, purple was in it for a second, she was bald. Think it may have been her

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:40 PM   #123
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,956
Default Re: Ronan and The Kree?

Yeah that was Nebula.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:13 PM   #124
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,092
Default Re: Ronan and The Kree?

cool. She looked good. Kind of reminded me of Avatar.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:03 PM   #125
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar
 
Norrin Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,115
Default Re: Ronan and The Kree?

I asked James Gunn on formspring if Ronan would be Kree, his response was "As Lee Pace said at SDCC, Ronan is 'a very complicated Kree.'"

__________________
"TO ME MY GALACTUS"
- Franklin Richards-
FAVORITE COMIC BOOK FILMS (no particular order)
Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man
Norrin Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.