The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 08:03 AM   #901
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger
 
Eggyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The good ol' days
Posts: 16,483
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 2

7.5 or maybe an 8 if I'm stoned.

Eggyman is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 08:23 AM   #902
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,948
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 2

I could have sworn you gave it an 8.5 at one point.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 08:27 AM   #903
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger
 
Eggyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The good ol' days
Posts: 16,483
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I could have sworn you gave it an 8.5 at one point.
Yeh that was my initial score right after first seeing it. I've had time to articulate my problems with the film since then and dropped the score accordingly, but overall I'm still positive about and its sequel.

__________________
HUMAN BEAN JUICE.
Eggyman is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #904
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,948
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggyman View Post
Yeh that was my initial score right after first seeing it. I've had time to articulate my problems with the film since then and dropped the score accordingly, but overall I'm still positive about and its sequel.
That happens with any movie though. I gave the Avengers an even 10/10 after the first viewing, lowered it to a 9/10.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 09:12 AM   #905
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger
 
Eggyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The good ol' days
Posts: 16,483
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
That happens with any movie though. I gave the Avengers an even 10/10 after the first viewing, lowered it to a 9/10.
Yeh, it's natural. Nothing to worry about here.

__________________
HUMAN BEAN JUICE.
Eggyman is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 09:18 AM   #906
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,948
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 2

Yup!

Even with the best movies out there, my opinion always seems to lower over time. It happened with The Godfather (still my favorite movie of all time), Pulp Fiction, Saving Private Ryan, The Dark Knight, etc.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 11:10 AM   #907
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick
 
Spiderdevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,070
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
Which reminds me, the swinging stuff in the scene looks way more real than TASM

I suppose it's because in TASM the enviroment was rendered cgi and in Spider-Man it was CGI in a real enviroment. I really wish they'd go back to that...
The CGI was really well done in SM1,on a relatively low budget aswell

The worst swinging was in SM2,when he would just throw a web in the air and float around without any anchor points

Spiderdevil is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 11:12 AM   #908
Vid Electricz
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,845
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
You are using all your terms pretty loosely.

omg. Good thing I'm working on my masters thesis here and not posting on a superhero message board! Oh wait...

But that's cool, I'll try to be more like you from now and post more contentless rejoinders.


Last edited by Vid Electricz; 02-13-2013 at 11:17 AM.
Vid Electricz is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 11:32 AM   #909
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggyman View Post
7.5 or maybe an 8 if I'm stoned.
Maybe I'll like TAS-M more stoned...lol.

Some movies will always stay the same rating-wise though, I believe. Those are the very special movies I'd say.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 11:39 AM   #910
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 10,551
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
omg. Good thing I'm working on my masters thesis here and not posting on a superhero message board! Oh wait...

But that's cool, I'll try to be more like you from now and post more contentless rejoinders.
The problem is that you are being very abrasive and contentious about your opinion, but when someone calls you out on your misuse of terms and inconsistencies, you backtrack and go "well good thing I'm on a forum and this isn't a serious discussion!" Well, you've been treating it like a serious discussion... until people pointed out your mistakes.

My rejoinder wasn't contentless, it was pointing out a recurring issue with your arguments. That said, I'm honored that you want to be more like me... imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #911
Oscorp
I hate you...so much!
 
Oscorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8,259
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
Which reminds me, the swinging stuff in the scene looks way more real than TASM

I suppose it's because in TASM the enviroment was rendered cgi and in Spider-Man it was CGI in a real enviroment. I really wish they'd go back to that...
You do? The swinging in ASM was way better IMO.

__________________
Yeah they should just cancel the films and not even bother and spend the budget on building a giant statue of toby macguire instead!
-BRAB
Oscorp is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 12:21 PM   #912
Vid Electricz
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,845
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
The problem is that you are being very abrasive and contentious about your opinion, but when someone calls you out on your misuse of terms and inconsistencies, you backtrack and go "well good thing I'm on a forum and this isn't a serious discussion!" Well, you've been treating it like a serious discussion... until people pointed out your mistakes.

My rejoinder wasn't contentless, it was pointing out a recurring issue with your arguments. That said, I'm honored that you want to be more like me... imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Because you're obviously so above being "abrasive" and "contentious". lol.

"Recurring issue with your arguments"? Aside from my overzealous use of the word "direct", I've got no idea what you're on about-but you should feel free to point out any other instances of my "misuse of terms (plural) and inconsistencies(huh?)"...You act like it's a consistent thing, but really, you're just embellishing and exaggerating to bolster your claim.

So, your comment about my using a term loosely (not misused or used inconsistently) IS pretty much without content. Perhaps I'll include footnotes and citiations in my posts to help make things exceedingly clear for you, since that seems to be what you need.


That said, I sure didn't see any actual counter argument from you to my very lucid and clear post expounding on my point about the sloppily written nature of Peter's consistent, inexplicable irresponsibilty, negligence and selfishness in TASM...

Vid Electricz is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 12:31 PM   #913
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 10,551
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
"Recurring issue with your arguments"? Aside from my overzealous use of the word "direct", I've got no idea what you're on about-but you should feel free to point out any other instances of my "misuse of terms (plural) and inconsistencies(huh?)"...You act like it's a consistent thing, but really, you're just embellishing and exaggerating to bolster your claim.
Come on, man. When the whole force of your argument hinges on terms like "direct responsibility" and "father figure," and then you have to backtrack and admit you misused those terms, are you really going to act surprised that your argument isn't found compelling? I don't need you to footnote terms in an online discussion. But sheesh, at least use the terms correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
That said, I sure didn't see any actual counter argument from you to my very lucid and clear post expounding on my point about the sloppily written nature of Peter's consistent, inexplicable irresponsibilty, negligence and selfishness in TASM...
Because that wasn't my point of contention. My argument was that Peter was not directly responsible for Uncle Ben or Captain Stacy's death. I don't see why you commenting on a tangential point necessitates that I respond.

But anywho, I think I've made my point, whether you appreciate it or not. So adios for now.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 01:13 PM   #914
Vid Electricz
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,845
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Come on, man. When the whole force of your argument hinges on terms like "direct responsibility" and "father figure," and then you have to backtrack and admit you misused those terms, are you really going to act surprised that your argument isn't found compelling? I don't need you to footnote terms in an online discussion. But sheesh, at least use the terms correctly.



Because that wasn't my point of contention. My argument was that Peter was not directly responsible for Uncle Ben or Captain Stacy's death. I don't see why you commenting on a tangential point necessitates that I respond.

But anywho, I think I've made my point, whether you appreciate it or not. So adios for now.

Okay, I get what where you're coming from, but I'm not sure how admitting the misuse of a word is the same as "backtracking"- which suggests that I've changed or reversed my original stance. I haven't (even if it wasn't communicated as effectively as it could have been). You're still too caught up on the word "direct" (misused). I have since elaborated and clarified my point though. Still not sure what you mean about the "father figure" term. It wasn't used incorrectly.

As noted in one of my last posts, the initial argument someone presented was that it was silly to hold Peter as being responsible for Ben's, Captain Stacy's and Gwens death, because Peter was only caught up in a series of events. My argument was that he was responsible because he was the catalyst for the series of events. Nothing tangential about it. That's the argument.

Adios!

Vid Electricz is offline  
Old 04-16-2013, 12:49 AM   #915
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,931
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 2






herolee10 is online now  
Old 04-16-2013, 12:55 AM   #916
Compi716
The SHH! Jew
 
Compi716's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Los Angeles.
Posts: 8,433
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 2

Well. Okay then.

The lights are clearly for CGI placement (i.e., the glow of electricity), similar to the techniques used for Ghost Rider. As for the blue, well...this is pretty much what I was expecting.

Star mask, you shall be missed.

__________________
Clark Kent is Superman's critique of the entire Human race.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Compi716 is online now  
Old 04-16-2013, 12:59 AM   #917
The Infernal
Life's End Boss
 
The Infernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,499
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 2

Yeah, that's pretty meh to me. A bit too Mr. Freeze in a hoodie. I know that's not going to be his costume, but his blue skin and electric veins aren't doing much for me. Hopefully he looks much better in a proper costume and in the actual film though.

__________________
Lady Luck is smiling at me. She knows something I don't.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.

Last edited by The Infernal; 04-16-2013 at 01:18 AM.
The Infernal is offline  
Old 04-16-2013, 01:05 AM   #918
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 44,797
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compi716 View Post
Star mask, you shall be missed.
I know I won't miss it.

Nathan is offline  
Old 04-16-2013, 01:17 AM   #919
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 2

These are only set pics, but they're already better than 616 Electro.

On a lighter note, he reminds me of the Underworld executioner guy from Hercules: The Legendary Journeys.

Gianakin_ is offline  
Old 04-16-2013, 01:35 AM   #920
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider
 
Venom'sDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,988
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 2

Ugh

__________________
___________________________________
Foxx-Electro * Giamatti-Rhino * DeHaan-ProtoGoblin
My JL Trailer * The Unholy Trinity of Venom * The Sinister 6
Venom'sDad is offline  
Old 04-16-2013, 01:42 AM   #921
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8,472
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 2

Electric blue. I dig it. I'm trying to reserve my judgement til we get to see some official pics...but so far it looks good.

UltimateWebhead is offline  
Old 04-16-2013, 01:54 AM   #922
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers
 
Repulsor Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 3,304
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 2

bout time this thread became active again haha

__________________
Looks like you're a born loooooooooooooooserrrrrrrr

www.redlettermedia.com
Repulsor Blast is offline  
Old 04-16-2013, 02:09 AM   #923
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun
 
Brain Damage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,861
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 2

Interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about this yet, but I definitely don't dislike it.

__________________
WHO APPOINTED THE BATMAN?

Free Original Music
Brain Damage is offline  
Old 04-16-2013, 02:17 AM   #924
jacobed
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,646
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 2

Looks pretty awesome

jacobed is offline  
Old 04-16-2013, 02:18 AM   #925
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying
 
Broseph44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 3,913
Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 2

Loving it

__________________
Avvy by Kane

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Broseph44 is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.