The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 06:24 PM   #101
Doc Ock
Hellboy for Halloween?

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - Part 23

I didn't really care for Ratha at all and could care less if he was even seen again. However I also wouldn't mind him being built into a character from the comics under a disguise.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #102
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Yes. The police officer from TDKR who constantly tried to one up Gordon and ultimately ended up contributing nothing to the overall film and TBH. made the film run about 10 minutes longer than it needed to.
yeah, where all the "Gordon is beeing dumped because is peace time" go?

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
Old 12-24-2012, 08:19 PM   #103
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMarvelite View Post
Ratha= Indian Folley.

Expect Ratha was cooler...
A lackluster villain was cooler than someone that actually manned up at the end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Yes. The police officer from TDKR who constantly tried to one up Gordon and ultimately ended up contributing nothing to the overall film and TBH. made the film run about 10 minutes longer than it needed to.
After more viewings of TDKR at my home, I've come to really like the character of Foley. I didn't for the longest after every viewing in the theatres, but I actually like his little arc of someone wanting to one-up Gordon and then finally seeing Batman for who he really was, which is the real hero of Gotham City. Plus, imo, Foley being the one to see the giant bat signal was perfect and the best option if we weren't going to see any other Gothamites seeing the signal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF3619 View Post
yeah, where all the "Gordon is beeing dumped because is peace time" go?
It went when the Mayor died

Old 12-24-2012, 08:23 PM   #104
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Nolan made the film run about 45 minutes shorter than it needed to.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 12-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #105
Anno_Domini
Banned User

30 minutes, tops. I don't think TDKR should have been 45 minutes longer, imo.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:43 PM   #106
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

As much as I think the first act is incredibly bloated with all of the exposition but none of the forward momentum or sense of dread as the first act of TDK, it's the second act that is the bane (excuse the pun) of the entire film. That's where at least fifteen more minutes should've been granted to develop the utter despair Gotham and it's citizens are. Yet those crucial elements are mistakenly undercooked in the chaos of montages. At the end of the film you care that Batman has returned and rose, but you are confused as to why. In TDK, the Joker only targets two boats full of a small number of people, yet it's so much more tense to watch.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:07 PM   #107
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

God, you guys want TDKR to be even longer?

I can hardly watch the whole movie as is, it already feels like it's 5 hours long.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:11 PM   #108
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Ehh, I'm fine if a movie is longer as long as the film gets in all that it can and TDKR definitely was a film that needed more but yet that blasted IMAX running time was the biggest negative with TDKR as the film indeed should have been longer and probably would have been or was before Nolan cut down to the two hours and forty-five minutes running time.

I even think TAS-M could have been longer as well.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:13 PM   #109
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

I'd be fine with TDKR being longer if the pacing wasn't horrible. TASM had bad pacing too, but it's the opposite, it feels really short, so TASM being longer would have definitely helped it.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:17 PM   #110
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Lol, I feel that TDKR was too short. I guess a long ass movie was never a big deal with me unless it covers as much as it can that doesn't make me ask questions when the film ends. Both had pacing issues and needs some resolve from those issues. Sadly with TAS-M though, it didn't have a running time limit and yet they still chose to chop down some stuff. I assume Sony didn't want a rather long origin film though, but I don't see the problem.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:04 PM   #111
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post
I'd be fine with TDKR being longer if the pacing wasn't horrible. TASM had bad pacing too, but it's the opposite, it feels really short, so TASM being longer would have definitely helped it.
The pacing was horrible because it was short. Ironically, I think a longer film would've made it feel shorter.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:17 PM   #112
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

It's a 2h45min long movie that feels like a 4 hour long movie. I don't know what your definition of short is but it clearly isn't the same as mine.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:19 PM   #113
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

TDKR was too long, and the editing was horrible. One second its daylight, and suddenly its nightime.

TASM had bad editing, but it wasn't as bad as TDKR IMO. It didn't drag, but it actually needed to be about 15 minutes longer IMO. Why not keep the scene with Connors confronting his son, or him talking to Peter at his house?

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 12-24-2012, 10:22 PM   #114
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's a 2h45min long movie that feels like a 4 hour long movie. I don't know what your definition of short is but it clearly isn't the same as mine.
I already explained a few scrolls above. It's a short film for the story it was telling.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:44 PM   #115
Picard Sisko

TASM really doesn't feel like its 2 hours and 16 minutes. lol

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 12-24-2012, 11:19 PM   #116
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
God, you guys want TDKR to be even longer?

I can hardly watch the whole movie as is, it already feels like it's 5 hours long.
Quote:
One second it feels like 5, the next 4, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
TDKR was too long, and the editing was horrible. One second its daylight, and suddenly its nightime.

TASM had bad editing, but it wasn't as bad as TDKR IMO. It didn't drag, but it actually needed to be about 15 minutes longer IMO. Why not keep the scene with Connors confronting his son, or him talking to Peter at his house?
As Excelsior. said, TDKR felt very short because it didn't tell a story of what it should have all covered. Too long is an overstatement when everything goes by fast with really getting into the details of certain things such as Bane's revolution. While on paper, TDKR is almost three hours, it doesn't feel like it.

And TAS-M didn't drag, but in this case, it should have at some areas, and that's why it's a head scratcher that some scenes were deleted when TAS-M should have been longer as well.

Old 12-24-2012, 11:24 PM   #117
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
One second it feels like 5, the next 4, huh?
I fell asleep the other hour.

Old 12-24-2012, 11:28 PM   #118
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
As Excelsior. said, TDKR felt very short because it didn't tell a story of what it should have all covered. Too long is an overstatement when everything goes by fast with really getting into the details of certain things such as Bane's revolution. While on paper, TDKR is almost three hours, it doesn't feel like it.
I wouldn't say TDKR felt short, but I will say certain beats felt rushed. It actually felt bloated to me. I think Nolan could have streamlined parts of it, and given certain parts more time while cutting back on others, and it would have gotten rid of the odd pacing. I see what you're saying though.

TASM didn't really feel too short or long to me, but it felt incomplete. I could tell that scenes had been cut out of it when I first watched it. And seeing some of the scenes they cut, I'm really dissappointed they didn't include them. TASM may be my favorite Spidey film, but it's far from perfect.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Old 12-25-2012, 03:19 AM   #119
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

I think a superhero movie should be 2 Hr 20 minutes long,2 hr 30 Mins tops

I think TASM may have felt short to some because they had to spend 1 hr on the origin story we already knew and the pacing in the final 3rd was too fast

Since there is no origin to tell now and if Webb manages to steady the pacing well.We can have a wonderful film within the same time frame(2Hr 15)

Old 12-25-2012, 05:57 AM   #120
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

Let's hope not much is cut and the editing is better in 2

Old 12-25-2012, 07:38 AM   #121
SteveRogers30

On a unrelated topic ,I've had some spare time lately and as much as i love the final cut ,i felt that there were some really good scenes that were deleted, so i've started doing an extended cut using VideoPad, all the deleted scenes except the clocktower scene and the Hacking connors scene will be in.Sure, it's not perfect 'cause there were some unfinished cgi and stuff , but now that i saw it , i think that the movie is a lot better with the deleted scenes . Anyway , i'll probably post it online by the end of the week.

Old 12-25-2012, 11:44 AM   #122
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Honestly, I was saying this before the film came out, and after seeing it I still stand by it: I don't think the origin was needed. I think we could have gotten away pulling a SSM and starting with him already Spider-man. Do a quick pre-credits, or during credits montage and start it right off the bat with him already being Spidey for a bit.

I honestly don't think it would have confused things much at all, and given more much needed time to developing the Connors/Parker relationship.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Old 12-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #123
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Poor Spidey, X-Men: DOFP, Cap 2, Ant-Man all have their own threads but no TASM 2... very strange, haha.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 12-26-2012, 05:01 PM   #124
Picard Sisko

I think they are waiting for TASM2 to get an official title before giving it its own thread.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:07 PM   #125
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I think they are waiting for TASM2 to get an official title before giving it its own thread.
Yeah, probably but still... Production starts in 2 months.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Closed Thread