Awesome.

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
Old 12-20-2012, 01:32 AM   #27
Ken-Kaniff
Blue Steel!

Default Re: Dexter - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvirus View Post
Dude, don't put it past Showtime! I love Deb, & what Jennifer Carpenter does. I don't she has what it takes to play a true sociopath. Maybe I am wrong...
I loved her in The Exorcism of Emily Rose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
That's a keeper!

Old 12-20-2012, 09:25 AM   #28
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

(IMHO)

2>1>4>7

The other seasons bored me to tears.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #29
DarbyD53
Side-Kick

Goodbye Elf on the shelf. Dexter got tired of his $%^& at my house last night.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:32 AM   #30
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

LOL, cute.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:45 AM   #31
kguillou
Side-Kick

So...I'm getting a vibe here that Showtime may actually renew this past next season? They seem to be playing it coy as to confirming next season as the last.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #32
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

I thought there was only more after this....

Old 12-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #33
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
My ideal Dexter ending would be Deb killing Dexter. Then, we get a first person view of the Dark Passenger, revealed to be a demon spirit like in the books, leaving Dexter's body. It floats around for awhile, examining prospective vessels, until focusing on one particular person whom we can't yet identify. The spirit moves closer, honing in on the new killer-to-be. A rapid flurry of colors washes away everything until it's all white.

Then, we see Masuka working diligently at his desk. He jitters for a moment, looks around, then goes back to work. The camera slowly zooms in on his face. When we have a full close-up, Masuka slowly turns his head to look directly at us. A subtle grin begins to form on his face. After a beat or two, Masuka lets out his patented creepy laugh, and a quick cut to black.

End.
Personally, I hated the idea of the demon, "dark passenger" and was really put off when I heard the books went that direction. And since the series so far has not included any hint of paranormal activity, I think including something to that effect in the last few minutes of the very last episode would be very off-putting. On a similar level as the "it was all the dream of a small child" ending.

Had there been hints of paranormal activity in the series, then I wouldn't mind. But it's just too far of a jump to make given the tone of the series as a whole.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Old 12-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #34
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Also, how did people feel about this series compared to the others? I think this was probably the best since S4, though there were a few things I was annoyed with. The obvious change of the intern guy, who clearly was originally intended to be something other then only a frustrated video game maker, and how easily they wrapped up the Isaac storyline kind of cheapened the effect for me. It wasn't bad, but it just felt a little sloppy.

here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

Old 12-20-2012, 01:13 PM   #35
Cory
Side-Kick

Next season was supposed to be the last... Bu this season broke ratings records and got great reviews...so who knows what showtime will do.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #36
Paradox1
Side-Kick

I wouldn't personally mind if they did another season especially if they can give Dexter a magnificent foe to go head to head against.

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Old 12-20-2012, 01:38 PM   #37
kguillou
Side-Kick

The only thing I wouldn't mind showtime doing is what AMC is doing for Breaking Bad's final season and splitting it in two and spreading it over two years. That way I guess Showtime can have their cake and eat it too.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:18 PM   #38
Rez
Side-Kick

Haha, the first season in 3 years that doesn't suck a big fat one, and now they want to overextend the show even more. Brilliant. The only reason this was better than usual is because the writers were setting up the end of the show. Stretching things out even more will cripple what could potentially be a great last season.

I'm with the guy above, the only worthwhile seasons are 1,2,4, and 7. If I ever rewatch in the future, I'll be skipping the rest and watching the 5 minute "previously on" segments of the missing seasons, just so I remember any major setups.. like, uh.. Dexter marrying Rita in 3.. and.. er.. nothing in 5 or 6.

A-Hunter Rider-V

Old 12-20-2012, 02:20 PM   #39
Cory
Side-Kick

Rita's mom must have REALLY hated her and her kids.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:49 PM   #40
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rez View Post
Haha, the first season in 3 years that doesn't suck a big fat one, and now they want to overextend the show even more. Brilliant. The only reason this was better than usual is because the writers were setting up the end of the show. Stretching things out even more will cripple what could potentially be a great last season.

I'm with the guy above, the only worthwhile seasons are 1,2,4, and 7. If I ever rewatch in the future, I'll be skipping the rest and watching the 5 minute "previously on" segments of the missing seasons, just so I remember any major setups.. like, uh.. Dexter marrying Rita in 3.. and.. er.. nothing in 5 or 6.
I thought five was fine. Average, not great, but I didn't mind it. Six started out amazing, it was on par to be as good as 4, and then halfway through they chucked out all the development and build up they were going for with Travis and Dexter and just reverted Travis to a typical big bad and wrapped it up far too quickly.

Season 3 is still my least favorite of all of them.

here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

Old 12-20-2012, 03:08 PM   #41
Cory
Side-Kick

I also enjoyed season 5. Honestly, I don't think a single season has been that bad... It is more that the seasons were good/great up to a certain point where they just completely **** it up.

I liked 6 until they completely ****ed up the travis/gellar stuff. then it was garbage. 5 had plenty of moments, but i just couldn't stand Lumen. 3 was very much like 6, where they have good stuff going on but never really find their legs... but 6 just royally ****ed it up that much worse than 3.

1,2,4,7 = Holy **** I cant wait until sunday.

3,5,6 = oh yea, Dexter is on tonight.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:41 PM   #42
lime
Movie critic

The fact is that whenever this guy was on, the show was THE TOP:

Old 12-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #43
The Navigator
Punch Punch Punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
I thought five was fine. Average, not great, but I didn't mind it. Six started out amazing, it was on par to be as good as 4, and then halfway through they chucked out all the development and build up they were going for with Travis and Dexter and just reverted Travis to a typical big bad and wrapped it up far too quickly.

Season 3 is still my least favorite of all of them.
Same. I didn't buy Miguel as a convincing antagonist for a second.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #44
Cory
Side-Kick

The Skinner was EASILY the best part of the entire series.............

:troll:

Old 12-20-2012, 03:50 PM   #45
Cory
Side-Kick

this scene may be my favorite of the series... the way its shot like Dex is in wayyy over his head and Trinity is a giant taunting a child.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:22 PM   #46
DarbyD53
Side-Kick

Quote:

this scene may be my favorite of the series... the way its shot like Dex is in wayyy over his head and Trinity is a giant taunting a child.
I agree. This and their entire Thanksgiving dinner stuff was awesome tv.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:24 PM   #47
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Seasons 3, 5, 6 were poor by 'Dexter' standards but still had great moments and better than a lot of shows I can mention.
I'll be said if they attempt to extend the Dexter past the next season but I will understand it. Money talks. But SHO need to understand the reason this season was gripping (well, the start and finish) was because we were finally heading somewhere where as the last two seasons felt like filler.
I would be okay with another season of Dexter if they give Dexter an arch nemesis. Joker to Batman, Luther to Superman, Moriarty to Holmes but they may have already done that with Trinty or the ITC.

My advice to SHO, quit while you're ahead.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #48
Rez
Side-Kick

3 was the first status quo season. Nothing big happened, it wasn't that intense.. it was just a boring procedural and nothing mattered.

5 was potentially not.. awful. Quinn on Dexter's trail was great, and Peter Weller never dissappoints. I hate Julia Stiles, but could have overlooked it if the season actually followed through on anything that it did. However, once again it SOMEHOW became just another "Status quo" season, because the final episode(and subsequent seasons) made everything that happened in this season pointless. Quinn was completely dropped. Stiles dissappears, and when Deb SHOULD have found out about Dexter she just walks off. In theory season 5 is a great next to last season. It's all about the setup, but instead of going anywhere with it they dropped everything and never brought it back up. It is made useless by the rest of the show afterwards.

6 is an abomination. It's terrible in every way. I love Mos Def, but he was just playing himself. There's poor pacing and a terrible big bad.. I think I knew 2 or 3 episodes in that Travis was just nuts and it was all in his head. Overall it was just incredibly stupid, and like I said, completely negating any developements from season 5 just makes it that much worse. What's good about this season? Well, Luis was an interesting setup, and Dexter's hot nanny is hot. That's it... and they dropped whatever they were planning for Luis, so it's also useless. The setup for Deb finding out about Dexter is much more forced here, and just drives home that they've been spinning their wheels since they already set it up, but pussed out. It makes 2 seasons of a show a long useless cluster ****.

This season still had moments of extreme stupidity and poor writing, but at least acknowledged the show's mythology and built up to what should be the last season while surrounding the lead with interesting guest stars(except that stupid fire guy.. what the **** was that?).

A-Hunter Rider-V

Old 12-20-2012, 04:26 PM   #49
Cory
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Seasons 3, 5, 6 were poor by 'Dexter' standards but still had great moments and better than a lot of shows I can mention.
I'll be said if they attempt to extend the Dexter past the next season but I will understand it. Money talks. But SHO need to understand the reason this season was gripping (well, the start and finish) was because we were finally heading somewhere where as the last two seasons felt like filler.
I would be okay with another season of Dexter if they give Dexter an arch nemesis. Joker to Batman, Luther to Superman, Moriarty to Holmes but they may have already done that with Trinty or the ITC.

My advice to SHO, quit while you're ahead.
theyve also announce 2 new shows to, at least i figured, replace the holes left by weeds and dexter both being done/about done.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #50
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
theyve also announce 2 new shows to, at least i figured, replace the holes left by weeds and dexter both being done/about done.
So season 8 wont be the last season? Sigh...

Closed Thread