The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 02-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 02-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #3
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Everything about Thor and the Asgardians is medieval fantasy. What are you asking for, blasters and spaceships? :huh:
I'm thinking they want Kung Fu styled wire combat, which works well with the lithe characters, like Sif or Loki, but not so much with heavy hitters like Thor. It's all about balance and which style compliments the character on a personal level.

"Ignorance is not bliss"

- Just want a life I recognize again. Don't want to be living someone else's prefabricated fallacy.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:38 PM   #4
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Any idea on when we can expect a trailer for this? Seems like it's been forever.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 02-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #5
Chewy
REDACTED

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Any idea on when we can expect a trailer for this? Seems like it's been forever.
When Iron Man 3 comes out.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:55 PM   #6
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

I don't want to wait that long.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 02-17-2013, 09:57 PM   #7
Chewy
REDACTED

They basically have their Phase 2 movies spaced out perfectly for it. Thor 2 trailer will come with IM3, Cap 2 trailer will come with Thor 2, GotG trailer will come with Cap 2.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:08 PM   #8
crounsa810
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
They basically have their Phase 2 movies spaced out perfectly for it. Thor 2 trailer will come with IM3, Cap 2 trailer will come with Thor 2, GotG trailer will come with Cap 2.
I think a GotG trailer would have to come out before Cap 2. Guardians is due in August. It makes sense for Thor to come with Iron Man because there's a big gap between the movies, but Guardians first look being so close to its release date is a big risk, especially with Guardians being lesser known.

GotG first look would probably come with Hobbit in December. Then another trailer with Cap 2.

Thor will probably be with Iron Man and a 2nd trailer attached to most likely the 300 prequel. Most likely.

Cap 2 trailer would probably be with Thor 2, and a 2nd trailer with most likely Robocop.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:13 PM   #9
Chewy
REDACTED

I assume GotG first look will be during the Super Bowl, first full trailer with Cap 2. That's what they did with Cap 1.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:12 PM   #10
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
I'm thinking they want Kung Fu styled wire combat, which works well with the lithe characters, like Sif or Loki, but not so much with heavy hitters like Thor. It's all about balance and which style compliments the character on a personal level.
Wire fu? That would look very incongruous in an Asgardian setting. It'd make sense for Hogun, and that's about it. Sif needs to be all about bladework, and I'd like to see Loki use a lot of magic in full-scale combat.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-18-2013, 03:38 AM   #11
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesame
Everything about Thor and the Asgardians is medieval fantasy. What are you asking for, blasters and spaceships?
What I meant by that is basically they should look alot faster and stronger than medieval humans during battle. There should be super leaps, enemies being in half, superhuman dodges etc.

I especially don't see why they ride horses in combat since an average asgardian should be alot faster than a horse.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 02-18-2013, 03:52 AM   #12
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I especially don't see why they ride horses in combat since an average asgardian should be alot faster than a horse.
Why is it preposterous for Asgardians to ride horses? Odin has Slepnir, it's not inconceivable.

"Ignorance is not bliss"

- Just want a life I recognize again. Don't want to be living someone else's prefabricated fallacy.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:21 AM   #13
Idun
Destroyer of snowmen

Quote:
What I meant by that is basically they should look alot faster and stronger than medieval humans during battle. There should be super leaps, enemies being in half, superhuman dodges etc.
Alas, that would mean special effects and cgi. There will always be some weighing one against the other.

If they'd want to honour the Norse tradition though, horses should not be for battles. They fought on foot. Horses were used as a means of transportation, not for battle. Using horses in battle is a later invention, at least here in Europe. [/history lecture]

Old 02-18-2013, 06:22 AM   #14
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Quote:

I'm assuming that the horses used are not just your run of the mill horses that we have here on ol' Midgard. Ergo, wouldnt an Asgardian horse be faster than an average Asgardian, in the same way that a regular horse is faster than an average human?

Old 02-18-2013, 07:33 AM   #15
elizah72
Side-Kick

Perhaps Thor should ride into battle on a goat drawn carriage?

And a new thread already? Boy that was fast!

Old 02-18-2013, 07:58 AM   #16
Idun
Destroyer of snowmen

Awesome Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Perhaps Thor should ride into battle on a goat drawn carriage?
Best. Idea. Today. I would have loved seeing that.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:48 AM   #17
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Disguise Costumes teased a Thor 2 line-up with art that we've seen.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:05 AM   #18
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Disguise Costumes teased a Thor 2 line-up with art that we've seen.

Is the "Avenger Initiative" logo official, or fan-made? First time I've actually seen "Initiative" on the logo....

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-18-2013, 09:17 AM   #19
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

It's official. I forgot to mention that the art with the helmet came from Hasbro.

It's on Iron Man 3's toys too

Old 02-18-2013, 10:52 AM   #20
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

lol I still am hoping for the helmet

Old 02-18-2013, 11:58 AM   #21
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Agreed.

They made Loki, Odin, and even Thanos's helmets look so awesome
I don't understand what the difficulty with Thor's is

Old 02-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #22
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
lol I still am hoping for the helmet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
Agreed.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #23
Idun
Destroyer of snowmen

Awesome Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post

Ehem. Though I wouldn't mind seeing those feathers. Actually.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:29 PM   #24
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
Agreed.

I mean, Odin is a King, Loki WAS a king, and still thought he deserves to be king. Maybe the helmets are most definitally more so of a crown. Odin is king, he wears his. Loki maybe only continued to wear his "crown" through out the avengers, cause he felt that he is ruler of midgard, thus having to display his symbol of authority.

After thor becomes king, hopefully he'll start wearing his helmet more often. I think it would be cool to intergrate as part of his armor. Like when he summons a storm that helps him armor up, his helmet materializes too

Old 02-18-2013, 10:53 PM   #25
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

But if he wore his helmet, we wouldn't get to see the pretty braid in his hair now.

Closed Thread