The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 02:17 AM   #326
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post
Some questions for everyone.
Have any/all of the races spotted in the set pics been identified for sure? (besides the dark elves) If not, what are your best guesses?

It looks like some of the different races will be using some weapons that kinda resemble guns/energy weapons similar to the Chitauri in TA. I am in no way suggesting that they are the same. I just mean that they look to be some kind of energy weapon. (pew, pew, pew) Any thoughts? Are there alot of "guns" in the Thor books?

What happened to BigThor? I always dug BigThor's posts and stuff.
I was away for awhile and since I've returned I've been on here every now and then. I'm gonne be on here alot more once the official pictures and posters start rolling in, especially after the first trailer hits.

Oh and I'm glad you enjoy my posts, it feels good to be appreciated and missed.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 01-20-2013, 02:28 AM   #327
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post

Eccleston describes Malekith as a bad guy with no redeeming features; he plans to take over the universe, egged on by Loki;
Hmm. I wonder how/when that interaction happens?

Old 01-20-2013, 03:05 AM   #328
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

^ That part has me excited as well, because egging people is essential to the God of Mischief's personality.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 01-20-2013, 03:19 AM   #329
Ash Talon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Actor enthusiasm goes a long way for me. You can always tell when someone loves the part they're playing on screen. The opposite is also true. See Hugo Weaving for details.
You didn't like Weaving as Red Skull? Or has your opinion of his performance changed once his comments came out? I thought he did a great job when given very little to actually do by the script. I don't care if he didn't really care about the material, because he still gave a great performance. Hell, a lot of the cast and crew on films aren't really that passionate about the material of the films they work on. They're professionals and do their job accordingly.

In fact, I'd counter your assessment and say if it's a good actor, you'll never know if they were into the material or not. Alec Guinness hated the Star Wars films. Guess you can tell that by the performance.

In related news, actors in beer commercials may not actually like the beer they're promoting.

But I get what you're saying. It's cool to hear actors like Tom Hiddleston really loving their role. You can tell he's having a blast playing Loki. His enthusiasm for the role really stands out, because it's atypical. Although if he wasn't so vocal about liking the role, would we like his performances less? How much do interviews influence audience perception of a performance?

Old 01-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #330
Crimson King
Throwing shade

Weaving was fine, and maybe his most recent comments have colored my view, but that doesn't take away from my original point, which is that enthusiasm comes across on the screen. It's the difference between doing an okay job and doing a great job.

Recent guest appearance on The Hodgepodge Podcast to discuss CA:TWS
Old 01-20-2013, 10:44 AM   #331
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyscratch View Post
Hmm. I wonder how/when that interaction happens?
I'm wondering more if Loki wil get the Simonson, "FOR MYSELF!!" in on this film

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 01-20-2013, 11:30 AM   #332
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

I loved Weaving as Red Skull. The script short-changed him though.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:39 AM   #333
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Actor enthusiasm goes a long way for me. You can always tell when someone loves the part they're playing on screen. The opposite is also true. See Hugo Weaving for details.
yup

Quote:
So, TotalFilm has a brief interview with Eccleston (Malekith) which does a (very) little bit to pull back the fog surrounding the movie right now:

http://imgur.com/aIU8A3n

Eccleston describes Malekith as a bad guy with no redeeming features; he plans to take over the universe, egged on by Loki; he apparently likes the script; and, interestingly, the article concludes by saying that TDW will not only expand Thor's world, but also help set up Avengers 2.

As an Avenger fan (comics and movies) first and foremost, I'm wondering about that last line most of all. Does it simply mean putting Thor in place on Midgard for the necessary return to the Avengers? Or will plot elements of TDW actually carry over to Avengers 2? Possibly Surtur? More Dark Elf mischief? Or will the seeds of the Thanos story get planted in TDW?
Very interesting. I doubt Surtur. Maybe the Other will have a role in this movie? Maybe Thor being on Midgard. I am inclined to think that, but I like that Loki will be egging on Malekith, good to see that he is still Loki and the god of mischief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
^ That part has me excited as well, because egging people is essential to the God of Mischief's personality.
Yes Yes haha. Good to see you back btw, BT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
I loved Weaving as Red Skull. The script short-changed him though.
I did too. I think he did good with what the scipt allowed him to do. However, his enthusiasm for the movie wasn't there and he really didn't seem to like the role unfortunately. Which is too, bad, I'd like to see him come back

Old 01-20-2013, 11:54 AM   #334
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

For the record, that Eccleston "interview" was nothing exclusive to Total Film. The part about "Malekith as a bad guy with no redeeming features" came from here back in October. And the part about scripts came from a nine-month old interview , which had nothing to do with Thor 2. And the "egged on by Loki" bit came from pure speculation on Total Film's end, simply because Loki is and has been a villain in two movies. I'm only mentioning this because I saw it in TF months ago, and people are now being "egged on" by the recent post on CBM.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 01-20-2013, 12:13 PM   #335
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

ah, okay, thanks for that

Old 01-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #336
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Is it true that the Einherjar will be in Thor: TDW? I should not believe much from imdb, i know. That just seems like a pretty specific character or kind of character to name. Which imdb does on its full cast and crew list. Those guys are long dead and in Valhalla right?

@BigThor Woohoo! Welcome back!

Nevermind. Question answered. Thanks!

Last edited by Guerrilla; 01-20-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #337
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I was away for awhile and since I've returned I've been on here every now and then. I'm gonne be on here alot more once the official pictures and posters start rolling in, especially after the first trailer hits.

Oh and I'm glad you enjoy my posts, it feels good to be appreciated and missed.
Yay lol

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 01-20-2013, 04:41 PM   #338
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Is it true that the Einherjar will be in Thor: TDW? I should not believe much from imdb, i know. That just seems like a pretty specific character or kind of character to name. Which imdb does on its full cast and crew list. Those guys are long dead and in Valhalla right?

@BigThor Woohoo! Welcome back!

Nevermind. Question answered. Thanks!
The Einherjar were in the first film, too. In the MCU, there's no indication that they're undead warrior spirits; only an elite guard unit in Asgard. Which is probably how they'll play in Thor 2 as well.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-20-2013, 05:04 PM   #339
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
The Einherjar were in the first film, too. In the MCU, there's no indication that they're undead warrior spirits; only an elite guard unit in Asgard. Which is probably how they'll play in Thor 2 as well.
Thanks! Were they the soldiers at the battle with the frost giants on earth? (when Odin gets his eye poked out?)

Old 01-20-2013, 08:38 PM   #340
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

This is totally off topic, and I appologize, but in the Thor forum, there is a section called, Thor world, in a it, a thread called, Thor vs The Silver Surfer. Which made me wonder, why doesn't this site have a battle forum? I love battle forums

Old 01-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #341
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Thanks! Were they the soldiers at the battle with the frost giants on earth? (when Odin gets his eye poked out?)
Pretty sure they were, yeah. They're the guys with the golden helmets, helmets that look a lot like Heimdall's. You can see a lot of them on the Bourne Woods battle set in Thor TDW, too.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #342
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Pretty sure they were, yeah. They're the guys with the golden helmets, helmets that look a lot like Heimdall's. You can see a lot of them on the Bourne Woods battle set in Thor TDW, too.
that is how the IMDB lists them in the first movie anyway, so I assume that will be the case in the second film. Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
This is totally off topic, and I appologize, but in the Thor forum, there is a section called, Thor world, in a it, a thread called, Thor vs The Silver Surfer. Which made me wonder, why doesn't this site have a battle forum? I love battle forums
Excuse my ignorance but how do you mean? Do I get to beat people up? If so, I'm in.

Last edited by elizah72; 01-20-2013 at 09:04 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:48 PM   #343
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Battle forum, like...who would win in a fight, World War Hulk vs Mangog hand to hand?

Who would win in a fight? Odinforce Thor vs Post Annihilation Silver Surfer

Thanos with the powergem or Odin?

Then each thread just has a discussion on who would win in a fight, I love comic book battle forums

Old 01-20-2013, 11:54 PM   #344
SoNicRaDiATioN
warming the ocean cold

It does have the fight club forum.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:59 PM   #345
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

hey guys, not really following this film but I am interested in it. Any word on when we can expect a trailer??

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Reynolds/Pine - Green Lantern -
Bay
Gosling/Kwanten - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
- It's the Dawn Of A New Day!!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 12:14 AM   #346
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
hey guys, not really following this film but I am interested in it. Any word on when we can expect a trailer??
Someone said we should be getting a trailer around mid-April, but if not it will definately be released with Iron Man 3.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 01-21-2013, 12:20 AM   #347
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

You don't think we'll get a superbowl spot??

Old 01-21-2013, 12:34 AM   #348
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

k cool, thanks guys, and yeah there should probably be something around Super Bowl time, but it will more than likely be similar to the Man Of Steel teaser from TDKR

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Reynolds/Pine - Green Lantern -
Bay
Gosling/Kwanten - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
- It's the Dawn Of A New Day!!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 12:43 AM   #349
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Someone said we should be getting a trailer around mid-April, but if not it will definately be released with Iron Man 3.
the source also said IM3 will get a 60 sec spot for superbowl, so if thats true then we will most likely get the trailer mid april...

Old 01-21-2013, 07:39 AM   #350
elizah72
Side-Kick

Supposedly there will be a trailer or sneak peak or something on the Phase 1 box set which is out April 2nd. At the very least there will be a description of that and could/probably will be up on youtube soon after that (I've preordered mine, and I'll do a description certainly, don't know how to do the other, and wouldn't want to risk getting in trouble if I did). That trailer could come out officially shortly after that, or they may wait and release it with IM3, but we should get something with the box set April 2nd. (hopefully a little something during Superbowl too though)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o02_s00_i00

Closed Thread