The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 10:29 AM   #376
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

"I canít tell you that much, but I can tell you Marvel are going all-out to really give this character an incredible visual impact. It's exciting for me, not just as an actor, but as a guy.Ē - AAA

I cannot wait to freakin' see this on-screen.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:03 AM   #377
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
"I canít tell you that much, but I can tell you Marvel are going all-out to really give this character an incredible visual impact. It's exciting for me, not just as an actor, but as a guy.Ē - AAA

What character is this about?

- Why is so much anger, possessiveness and jealousy unfairly attached to me like a herculean burden akin to Atlas holding up the world for all eternity or Sisyphus rolling a boulder futilely up a mountain?

- Keep riding that crazy train.

- It's others that are the problem in a case of addictions. The loved one must be separated from these influences and have positive, nonaddicted, good influences implanted in their lives.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #378
elizah72
Side-Kick

Kurse

Old 01-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #379
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Ah, I thought so. You know... with all these heavy hitting characters in the MCU it would be interesting to have an MCU character based fighting game in the style of Mortal Kombat 9 with several Marvel characters in it.

- Why is so much anger, possessiveness and jealousy unfairly attached to me like a herculean burden akin to Atlas holding up the world for all eternity or Sisyphus rolling a boulder futilely up a mountain?

- It's others that are the problem in a case of addictions. The loved one must be separated from these influences and have positive, nonaddicted, good influences implanted in their lives.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 01-23-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #380
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

Me either. I am wondering if the horns and such is all going to be organic, like he will be a creature? Or if he will have armor.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #381
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Ah, I thought so. You know... with all these heavy hitting characters in the MCU it would be interesting to have an MCU character based fighting game in the style of Mortal Kombat 9 with several Marvel characters in it.
Ya it would. The DC Comics "Injustice" one looks epic.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #382
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Well there was a time Jane was given powers by Odin, but, it just didn't work out.
Because it was, in the words of Ackbar, A TRAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I feel like there will be an attempt of that. Not giving her powers, but atleast trying to get her in tune with Asgardian culture. Of course, she will not like it.

and maybe that will be the end of thor and jane, and we can get back to thor and sif XD
Back to Thor and Sif? You act like it was good in the first place! All it ever makes Sif do is whine and make Thor look heartless. He leaves her she cries, she leaves him and he doesn't much care! People seem to like the concept and forget the execution.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:14 PM   #383
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Well there was a time Jane was given powers by Odin, but, it just didn't work out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
They seem to be writing Odin to be a more decent person (and not manipulative), in the MCU. So I don't suppose he's going to be setting up any traps for Jane in this movie (or marrying her, for that matter! )

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 01-23-2013, 01:33 PM   #384
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
They seem to be writing Odin to be a more decent person (and not manipulative), in the MCU. So I don't suppose he's going to be setting up any traps for Jane in this movie (or marrying her, for that matter! )
They did characterize Odin has somewhat manipulative with the false pretenses he created surrounding Loki's parentage, and then pretty cold when he said, "But those plans no longer matter." But yeah, they haven't gone all out and made him a total jerkface.

But who knows? Alan Taylor may very well move things forward in that direction. Anyone familiar with Game of Thrones knows that Taylor can show quite a bit of ugliness in persons in power.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:16 PM   #385
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I like Jane just fine, but I prefer a Sif relationship for Thor. I hope they start to explore that in the movie.
Yes I kinda wish they established a relationship or past with Sif and Thor in the first movie, still have Jane but maybe not Thor's love interest just yet...or something.

Quote:
Yes please. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is fun...but it needed more Marvel and less Capcom.

Quote:
Ya it would. The DC Comics "Injustice" one looks epic.
Its a "Injustice" Marvel doesn't have a fighting game like that already! MCU Arena...

Old 01-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #386
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Does MVC3 not have movie-related MCU costumes....? I haven't played it yet, so I was wondering. Most Marvel games these days have at least unlockable movie costumes (Marvel Avengers Alliance, MMO, etc.)

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #387
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Does MVC3 not have movie-related MCU costumes....? I haven't played it yet, so I was wondering. Most Marvel games these days have at least unlockable movie costumes (Marvel Avengers Alliance, MMO, etc.)
Its possible, I don't own the game myself but have played it a few times. I was hoping for a fighting game with solely Marvel characters and no Capcom or "Imperfects" involved...

Old 01-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #388
elizah72
Side-Kick

AAA Interview...
http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2013/0...-bullet-to-the

Quote:
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje has become notorious for his excellent portrayal of villains in both television and film, but this year he'll see his biggest role yet when he becomes Algrim The Strong in Thor: The Dark World. During the course of the film audiences will see him transform into the monstrous villain Kurse and go toe to toe with not only Thor himself but everyone who gets in his way (possibly including Loki).

Adewale endured several hours of makeup and prosthetic application so he could have pointed ears, fangs, horns and blonde hair to play the mythological villain, but the actor noted that it's his internal transformation that's just as important as his physical one.

"He’s different from other villains because Algrim was at a time once more human..Obviously later on the weight of the character with all this armor that he wears and his strength sets him apart from the rest."

Adewale says he was inspired to fight in a very animalistic manor after becoming Kurse, and fans should expect to see destructive, larger than life battles when he and Thor throw down. As far as the film's tone, and whether it's title offers a hint to a darker take than its predecessor, he said,

"There are portions in The Dark World that will feel more mature, obviously. [but] it’s not going to be too extreme because both kids and adults will be seeing it. There are great battles, though. And it will feel more grounded in reality."

Old 01-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #389
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Nice find, elizah =)

It's odd that we haven't heard at all from the main players--Hemsworth, Eccleston, or Portman? Natalie I can understand if she's still been a sourpuss about Patty Jenkins... But what about the two Chris's?

Old 01-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #390
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
They did characterize Odin has somewhat manipulative with the false pretenses he created surrounding Loki's parentage, and then pretty cold when he said, "But those plans no longer matter." But yeah, they haven't gone all out and made him a total jerkface.

But who knows? Alan Taylor may very well move things forward in that direction. Anyone familiar with Game of Thrones knows that Taylor can show quite a bit of ugliness in persons in power.
You're quite right on both points. He's still manipulative, just less so than in the books, I guess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Yes I kinda wish they established a relationship or past with Sif and Thor in the first movie, still have Jane but maybe not Thor's love interest just yet...or something.
It kind of sounds like this movie might establish there was a past with Sif and Thor. Jaimie Alexander said something about how the scenes show how the two characters got to the point that they are at with their relationship.

My understanding also is that they were going to have more with Sif in the first film, but it was cut out because there wasn't room for it (same thing with Balder)

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 01-23-2013, 04:47 PM   #391
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Nice find, elizah =)

It's odd that we haven't heard at all from the main players--Hemsworth, Eccleston, or Portman? Natalie I can understand if she's still been a sourpuss about Patty Jenkins... But what about the two Chris's?
Well, actors in general give interviews when they are out promoting one of the projects they were in. And typically that happens right before the project is being made available to the public.

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje is in Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete. That film played at the Sundance Film Festival, which is taking place right now. So he is giving interviews. Similarly, Jaimie Alexander was in The Last Stand, which opened this past weekend, and she has been giving interviews.

The next project of Natalie Portman's scheduled to open is Thor: The Dark World. (She did work on the Terrence Mallick film, but I guess it doesn't have a release date yet). So there is no reason for us to expect her to give an interview at this time. Similarly, it doesn't look like there is a Hemsworth project opening soon. (Rush apparently is opening in September). He was reported to have been at a few awards ceremonies this past month, but apparently no one successfully asked him any questions.

On the other hand, Christopher Eccleston was at an award ceremony or two in the UK last month, and there are some clips around of him talking about T:TDW.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #392
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post

Back to Thor and Sif? You act like it was good in the first place! All it ever makes Sif do is whine and make Thor look heartless. He leaves her she cries, she leaves him and he doesn't much care! People seem to like the concept and forget the execution.
I DON'T CARE, cause that means no more natalie portman, and that's all I care aabout

but holy ****, your "He leaves her she cries, she leaves him and he doesn't much care!" hit the nail on the head, that's why I think their relationship is great, and a bit hysterical, in a way, it makes Thor seem like a man whore, which he kinda is. lol, but the point is Sif and Thor DO have a history, so sooner or later, it's gotta be addressed.

Quote:
I slightly disagree, not that he is "more decent", given how he literally seems so "old" and how there was a bit of lying on his part still, regarding the whole Loki thing, as Spideymouse says, I am inclined to think a part of the 616 Odin is still there. However, I sort of like to think of it as in his past. The powerful mighty Odin, who is just essentially badass and so powerful, and angry and in a way, manipulative, I sort of see it that it's a part of MCU's Odin's past. Cause the way Odin was, I get the feeling that he has "seen a lot", you know what I mean? He has a bit of a burnt out quality to it.

ALSO, people sort of talk about how Odin may not be as powerful, don't forget, we know how powerful Thor his, strong enough to go toe to toe with Hulk, powerful enough to destroy a city sized land scape, and Odin can STILL effortlessly strip thor of all his powers, bring him back to life, sense danger without being fully in it's presence (sensing the frost giants during thor's correnation) and he still spoke an enchantment into the hammer. We haven't seen any combat feets really, no galaxy busting lol, but I would be inclined to think that he is, BY FAR, the most powerful being introduced in the MCU thus far.

Quote:

bingo

Quote:
I've said it like 10 times, and I'll say it again, I LOVE how enthusiastic AAA is about this. He seems to be totally loving it right now.

Quote:
Nice find, elizah =)

Quote:
You're quite right on both points. He's still manipulative, just less so than in the books, I guess!

It kind of sounds like this movie might establish there was a past with Sif and Thor. Jaimie Alexander said something about how the scenes show how the two characters got to the point that they are at with their relationship.

My understanding also is that they were going to have more with Sif in the first film, but it was cut out because there wasn't room for it (same thing with Balder)
That's how I feel. I don't know if their relationship will be quote, "explored", but I think their past may start to reveal itself, and they may have...moments, I suppose. you know?

Quote:
Well, actors in general give interviews when they are out promoting one of the projects they were in. And typically that happens right before the project is being made available to the public.

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje is in Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete. That film played at the Sundance Film Festival, which is taking place right now. So he is giving interviews. Similarly, Jaimie Alexander was in The Last Stand, which opened this past weekend, and she has been giving interviews.

The next project of Natalie Portman's scheduled to open is Thor: The Dark World. (She did work on the Terrence Mallick film, but I guess it doesn't have a release date yet). So there is no reason for us to expect her to give an interview at this time. Similarly, it doesn't look like there is a Hemsworth project opening soon. (Rush apparently is opening in September). He was reported to have been at a few awards ceremonies this past month, but apparently no one successfully asked him any questions.

On the other hand, Christopher Eccleston was at an award ceremony or two in the UK last month, and there are some clips around of him talking about T:TDW.
Good to know. I can't wait till Chris H starts talking more.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:35 AM   #393
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

This confirmation of the battles between Thor and Kurse being larger than life and destructive just made me ALOT more excited.

Nothing like that was said about any of the fights in THOR or The Avengers (not counting the final battle).

Quote:

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 01-24-2013, 08:16 AM   #394
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

You know, it would be interesting to see the toll of having really big, powerful characters duking it out in a populated area. IMHO we really haven't gotten a sense of the tragedy that can happen from the Phase 1 movies around such hard hitting characters like Thor facing a character like Kurse. The death toll of such a battle where civilians are in the middle would be huge. We really didn't see all the hurt and suffering of unnamed characters that much.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:24 AM   #395
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:

Tom was quoted, end of Nov. I think about Taylor having a lot of respect for what Branagh set in place in Thor 1, and the tone etc.
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012...n_2190990.html

Quote:
"Ken established the tone, so we’ve taken the baton and kept running. Alan Taylor is fantastic, one of the men responsible for 'Game of Thrones' which is so of that world, a very grounded, gritty, earthy world where warriors and swords and monsters and magic all meet, so his experience of that has given him a fantastic take on the whole world of Thor.
"I went to a summer screening of a Marvel short film. Ken came and so did Alan, it was very clear how much mutual respect between them and I thought, ‘ok, it’s going to be fine.’"
So, with that in mind, I think in some ways, such as characterization and tone, we should expect to see something more inspired by what was set in place with Thor 1, than say a totally Game of Thrones take on them. And certainly with Odin he was a much more sympathetic father figure than he is in the comics, I don't think that remark about his plans for Loki no longer mattering was cold or cruel, just more devastated for the situation. However, as far as lying and manipulation, I do think we may see more of that, but my feeling is that Odin does it for the good of all, not just himself, or to be spiteful. I suspect there may be more about Loki's backstory we've yet to learn, that Odin is still holding back about.

Quote:
Nice find, elizah =)

Thanks, I would agree with American Maid said, more likely to find stuff when people are promoting other movies. Incidentally, I'm not aware of Natalie ever saying a word about Thor 2. Maybe if she started spilling she'd be more popular with certain fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
but holy ****, your "He leaves her she cries, she leaves him and he doesn't much care!" hit the nail on the head, that's why I think their relationship is great, and a bit hysterical, in a way, it makes Thor seem like a man whore, which he kinda is. lol, but the point is Sif and Thor DO have a history, so sooner or later, it's gotta be addressed.
perhaps their history and why they are not now together will turn out to have something to do with the manwhorishness?

Last edited by elizah72; 01-24-2013 at 08:37 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:26 AM   #396
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
You know, it would be interesting to see the toll of having really big, powerful characters duking it out in a populated area. IMHO we really haven't gotten a sense of the tragedy that can happen from the Phase 1 movies around such hard hitting characters like Thor facing a character like Kurse. The death toll of such a battle where civilians are in the middle would be huge. We really didn't see all the hurt and suffering of unnamed characters that much.
I have the impression that's going to be a part of Phase 2. A long while back I read something that said that Stark was going to encounter someone in Iron Man 3 who had a relative living in New York at the time of The Avengers and who was seriously injured or killed during the battle. So it will be shown weighing on Stark.

And this strikes me as definitely the sort of thing that would weigh heavily on Thor. He may feel especially responsible, as the source was his family, and someone from his realm, and he has appointed himself Earth's protector. So he may meditate on that in Thor2 as well.

Quote:
Incidentally, I'm not aware of Natalie ever saying a word about Thor 2. Maybe if she started spilling she'd be more popular with certain fans
Yeah, there don't seem to be any interviews with her available about Thor2 at the moment. She did a project right after she filmed Thor1 that was released in January, 2011.

Since then, she's done two Terrence Mallick films (in addition to Thor2, of course), neither of which have fixed release dates yet (though one might be released in September).

She did lots of interviews for Thor1, though.

Quote:
perhaps their history and why they are not now together will turn out to have something to do with the manwhorishness?
The internet has failed to yield a picture of Sif rolling her eyes and saying, "Oh, *please*!" for me to post. So you'll just have to use your imagination.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:35 AM   #397
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
The internet has failed to yield a picture of Sif rolling her eyes and saying, "Oh, *please*!" for me to post. So you'll just have to use your imagination.

Amateur.

Last edited by elizah72; 01-24-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:37 AM   #398
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!

That outfit looks a little Sif-ish and it almost looks like chain mail on her shoulder.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:51 AM   #399
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mighty_Thor View Post
That outfit looks a little Sif-ish and it almost looks like chain mail on her shoulder.

well it is Sif...so It should look Sif-ish, haha

Old 01-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #400
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Saw this at Walmart today, need to check it out more later

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Closed Thread