The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #451
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
What? Didn't you read the part where AAA specifically says he will be wearing 40 pounds of armor as Kurse?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnbjorn View Post
Yeah, I can't see why it would be organic.
almost positive he said 40 pound costume, not necessariliy armor, didn't he? If he DID, then it can certainly still be a costume. And the way he described Kurse as anamalistic, and he said "kurse has horns", and that he referred to him as "this big creature", to me, that sounds like he is describing a physical makeup, hopefully I am wrong though, and hopefully it is all armor, that's just how it sounded to me, based on how he worded it

Old 01-27-2013, 08:22 PM   #452
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
“[Thor and Kurse] fight differently,” he explains. “Chris has his hammer while Kurse is very animalistic, he’s got horns. So I tried to go with that flow. My movements are [basically] like an animal: twisting my body, turning my head, all kinds of things. Kurse is meant to be extremely powerful, nothing can stop him.
The above quote really makes it sound like the horns at least are an organic part of him, if not the entire armor. I don't think he'd be inspired to act that way if it was a removeable helmet. You don't see Loki butting people.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:26 PM   #453
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
The above quote really makes it sound like the horns at least are an organic part of him, if not the entire armor. I don't think he'd be inspired to act that way if it was a removeable helmet. You don't see Loki butting people.
I hope it's just his wording, and my percieving wrong, cause I REALLY want to see full blown strait out of the comics Kurse, I mean, over the top, giant horn, skeleton on chest helmet and all.

Kurse was always one of my two favorite looking characters, he, and Onslaught

Old 01-27-2013, 08:29 PM   #454
elizah72
Side-Kick

But we know they are trying to go more gritty and realistic for Thor 2, and I'm afraid comics Kurse is not going to cut it for that. I am expecting a very organic but monstrous transformation from Algrim to Kurse.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:30 PM   #455
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I hope it's just his wording, and my percieving wrong, cause I REALLY want to see full blown strait out of the comics Kurse, I mean, over the top, giant horn, skeleton on chest helmet and all.

Kurse was always one of my two favorite looking characters, he, and Onslaught
Agreed. Both characters have a great, striking look.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:33 PM   #456
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Agreed. Both characters have a great, striking look.
we won't see onslaught any time soon of course, but I would have NO problem with Kurse looking as over the top as he does in 616

Old 01-27-2013, 08:36 PM   #457
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
we won't see onslaught any time soon of course, but I would have NO problem with Kurse looking as over the top as he does in 616
Sure, I'd have Kurse, and Mangog too, exactly as they are in the comics.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:03 PM   #458
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

yes, ha I would LOVE to see Mangog

Old 01-27-2013, 09:10 PM   #459
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Me too. Maybe in part 3!

Old 01-27-2013, 10:19 PM   #460
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Sure, I'd have Kurse, and Mangog too, exactly as they are in the comics.
Primary-color red and yellow armor doesn't make for a particularly menacing look. That's why the Iron Man movies successfully went for darker and brassier tones than the four-color comic look. I'd be willing to bet that Kurse's armor will be similarly dark, possibly even basic black (you can't go wrong with black....ever).

As for the "animalistic horns" bit, I think AAA was just saying that he puts his head down and uses the horns on his helmet like a charging bull.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-28-2013, 07:02 AM   #461
elizah72
Side-Kick

From ello-beastie on Tumblr.

Quote:
New Thor 2 info from the March Edition of Empire Magazine
The Dark World is set a year after Avengers with Asgard “battered by war” and Thor “now a full-time general”.
Image in spoiler tag due to size.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Odd, I thought at first this was from Greenwich but I see Einherjar in the background, so must be an inside set pic. Looks like a palace, but not Odin's palace that we saw in Thor 1 certainly.

Here's my quick transcription of the article...

Quote:
It's subtitled The Dark World. Its big-threat antagonists are Dark Elves. And it's a sequel. You might think you can see where this is going. But, producer Craig Kyle assures us, "Like in Indiana Jones, while there's hight stakes and high threat and high danger, there's always fun." Which is a relief; just like Avengers Assemble, the first Thor movie was unafraid to revel in a sense of daftness, playing primarily on the Norse thunder god's brash, blundering, fish-out-of-wateriness. Despite all outward signs, this is not a sequel that's completely going, ahem, "into darkness."

Kyle does recognise, however, that after Avengers' billion point five ultra success, there is a bar-raising to be dealt with, a bigger audience to please. "We have to constantly redefine what a superhero film is or it'd just exhaust the audience," he says. "So Iron Man is the James Bond-y, classic, suave action hero, Captain America's the period piece; Hulk is the monster movie; Avengers the disaster movie; and Thor is the science fiction epic."

In the Dark World, we'll see the Thor strand of the Marvelverse significantly expand. Set one year after Avengers, two after the first Thor - in which Loki (Tom Hiddleston) destroyed the Realm connecting Bifrost - we'll find Asgard battered by war and the Nine Realms beset by rag-tag invaders known as the Maurders. Which makes it perfect time for ancient Asgardian enemies the Dark Elves, led by Christopher Eccleston's Malekith and wrearthed in Gigeresque body armour, to return and wreak devastating revenge. Meanwhile, Thor, (Chris Hemsworth) now a full time general, will have some explaining to to when he finally reconnects with his Midgardian squeeze, Jane Foster (Natalie Portman).

Expectations are high," says Kyle. "By bringing (director) Alan Taylor into the mix, with his expertise on The Sopranos, Mad Men, and Game of Thrones, we came up with a take that allows us to get more into the nooks and crannies of Asgard and its people. We spend more time on the ground with the commoners, as opposed to in the palace." The result promises to be a blend of high science fiction, gritty fantasy and, of course, that much-valued down-to-Earth kookiness of the first film. "It's a very complicated blend," admits Kyle. "Thor is, until Guardians of the Galaxy hits, by far the most wild, fringe Marvel piece. But that's why it's the Marvel Universe and not the Mavel Earth." Dan Jolin
and yes I see that the article writer calls the invaders a rag tag band called the Marauders, however, this is not a quote directly from the producer, it's the writer taking what info is out there and making assumptions (which we've seen happen before with other quotes from articles). It doesn't make sense for them to say we are going to see so much of the 9 realms and then bring in an enemy that is not from the 9 realms. I still say the Vanir are part of this group of invaders. This is why I pay more attention to what the actor/producer etc actually says not what the article writer assumes about it.

glad to hear that it won't be all dark and we'll have some humor, was a bit worried about that.

Last edited by elizah72; 01-28-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:34 AM   #462
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Cool news. And I'll believe the Mauradaurs thing because usually if a writer includes plot info like that its from an interview, just being summarized. Considering the amount of info there that hasn't even been in rumors, I'm not sure it's purely assumption.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:34 AM   #463
Godzilla2000
Force Of Nature

Quote:
From ello-beastie on Tumblr.

Image in spoiler tag due to size.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Now wait a minute! Why are they putting all the blame for the Bifrost's destruction on Loki? Thor did a pretty thorough job of destroying it himself.

Halt!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

You're a creep!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 01-28-2013, 08:42 AM   #464
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Now wait a minute! Why are they putting all the blame for the Bifrost's destruction on Loki? Thor did a pretty thorough job of destroying it himself.
I know, another red flag for me, again "assumptions" on the part of the article writer... it's like with that recent quote from an article writer about Malekith wanting to take over the universe and Loki egging him on. sure both of them may very well do that, but that's not what the actor or producer or whoever that's actually from the film and in the know, actually said. It's just assumed due to bad guy status and from what's been going around for rumors and such. I hate it when it seems like the article writer may not have even seen the movie (or at least not recently enough to remember what actually happened )

Old 01-28-2013, 08:46 AM   #465
Godzilla2000
Force Of Nature

You know, I think in Loki's case it would more or less be that he's pestering Malekith just to see what happens. He was after all the one that sent the Destroyer down to Earth with instructions to destroy everything. Reveling in the chaos a guy like Malekith can cause would bring him so much entertainment I'm sure.

Halt!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

You're a creep!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 01-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #466
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Edit: Already posted.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:09 AM   #467
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

"A rag-tag band of invaders" sounds perfectly right for the Marauders, since that's what marauders actually are. I've said this from the beginning.

Interesting about being "on the ground with the commoners (of Asgard), not in the palace...." I'm willing to bet that's where Tyr comes in. He's probably portrayed as a low-level chieftain of sorts that Thor (or Malekith) has to recruit to his side. Also sounds from the article like most of the action takes place in Asgard, rather than a grand tour of the Nine Realms, as originally advertised.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:22 AM   #468
elizah72
Side-Kick

and as you know you, and I have very different ideas (from the beginning) of what that rag-tag band of invaders might consist of, that was my point. My point is it is probably not actually going to be a group calling themselves "The Marauders" any more than the "aliens" in Avengers were simply "Aliens" or Skrulls as it was so heavily rumored pre Avengers... I think the word marauder as it's been tossed around at this point is more like using the word "aliens" to describe Loki's army in Avengers prior to the race being confirmed as Chitauri. It is a general term like "aliens" and we will find out more of what that will consist of later - which I think will be trolls, demons, with the Vanir (on horseback) and/or possibly Nornheim involved. This makes sense as it ties in another realm or more to bring to the film, brings in that GOT feel pretty heavily, and we have been told we will see more of the realms if not all of them. On the other hand, making it some random group of marauders would not tie the other realms in nearly as much, and I believe not bring in the GOT feel as much as it would be with different groups already established in the 9 realms jostling for power.

Last edited by elizah72; 01-28-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #469
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
and as you know you, and I have very different ideas (from the beginning) of what that rag-tag band of invaders might consist of, that was my point. My point is it is probably not actually going to be a group calling themselves "The Marauders" any more than the "aliens" in Avengers were simply "Aliens" or Skrulls as it was so heavily rumored pre Avengers... I think the word marauder as it's been tossed around at this point is more like using the word "aliens" to describe Loki's army in Avengers prior to the race being confirmed as Chitauri. It is a general term like "aliens" and we will find out more of what that will consist of later - which I think will be trolls, demons, with the Vanir (on horseback) and/or possibly Nornheim involved. This makes sense as it ties in another realm or more to bring to the film, brings in that GOT feel pretty heavily, and we have been told we will see more of the realms if not all of them. On the other hand, making it some random group of marauders would not tie the other realms in nearly as much, and I believe not bring in the GOT feel as much as it would be with different groups already established in the 9 realms jostling for power.
I think we both agree on the Marauders being a disorganized group of mercenary-types from many different races across the Nine Realms (and possibly "beyond," if you have a limited definition of the "Realms" as just 9 different planets), but we disagree over who or what is directing them. I still contend that they're there at the behest of Thanos (probably through The Other), even if the character himself doesn't officially appear in the movie.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #470
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
Cool news. And I'll believe the Mauradaurs thing because usually if a writer includes plot info like that its from an interview, just being summarized. Considering the amount of info there that hasn't even been in rumors, I'm not sure it's purely assumption.
I do too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I think we both agree on the Marauders being a disorganized group of mercenary-types from many different races across the Nine Realms (and possibly "beyond," if you have a limited definition of the "Realms" as just 9 different planets), but we disagree over who or what is directing them. I still contend that they're there at the behest of Thanos (probably through The Other), even if the character himself doesn't officially appear in the movie.
I think that they may just be doing their thing, and are simply an army, not necessarily be guided by anyone except the leader of their army.

I don't think they will have much significance at the moment, other than what was basically said in that article

Old 01-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #471
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
I do too.

I think that they may just be doing their thing, and are simply an army, not necessarily be guided by anyone except the leader of their army.

I don't think they will have much significance at the moment, other than what was basically said in that article
If they don't have any significance, why bother putting them in the movie in the first place? They're clearly there for a reason, but I'm sure that their role will be secondary to Malekith, Algrim and the Dark Elves. That's why, to me, it makes more sense to go ahead and address the Thanos question at the start of the movie ("who gave you these Chitauri, and why?" "no barren moon where you can hide" etc.) through the Marauders, and then move on to the bulk of the Dark Elf plot.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #472
elizah72
Side-Kick

I definitely agree that they will have a purpose and some significance, how much and what purpose, we'll have to wait and see. At the moment I'm thinking it might possibly simply be to show that the Asgardians are not perfect leaders, and some are challenging their authority and power in the realms now and want to take that power away. It could also be a result of manipulations of Malekith and/or Surtur and/or Hela, in order to create a distraction for the big attack on the palace where all kinds of powerful goodies are hiding in Odin's vault.

As for your Thanos theory, think about it, it's revealed here that this is about a year after Avengers and Loki's big fail. If he really cared about punishing Loki, why would he wait so long to attempt to get his hands on him? And send a bunch of random marauders to do it? Especially when he has access to beings like the Other who could probably get to him much more easily and subtley? Why all the sudden a year later go after him? I hardly think Asgard, or a prison on Asgard after what Loki has done, is the last place he'd look. I dont think it's tops on his list, it might be high on the Others list but The Other, I'd say, does what Thanos tells him. This is one of the reasons why I don't think that theory that Thanos is linked to these invaders works. I think Thanos will get his hands on him eventually, but probably not like this or even in this film (although still thinking maybe an after credits scene that could happen, even though Tom seemed to indicate not long ago he didn't think he would be in A2, who knows...)

Last edited by elizah72; 01-28-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:55 PM   #473
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
I definitely agree that they will have a purpose and some significance, how much and what purpose, we'll have to wait and see. At the moment I'm thinking it might possibly simply be to show that the Asgardians are not perfect leaders, and some are challenging their authority and power in the realms now and want to take that power away. It could also be a result of manipulations of Malekith and/or Surtur and/or Hela, in order to create a distraction for the big attack on the palace where all kinds of powerful goodies are hiding in Odin's vault.
Yeah, could very well just be a disorganized revolt/banditry as a result of chaos in Asgard following the events of Thor (Bifrost destroyed, a war with the Jotuns which may or may not still be escalating, Loki's machinations, Odin refusing to abdicate to Thor, etc.)

Quote:
As for your Thanos theory, think about it, it's revealed here that this is about a year after Avengers and Loki's big fail. If he really cared about punishing Loki, why would he wait so long to attempt to get his hands on him? And send a bunch of random marauders to do it? Especially when he has access to beings like the Other who could probably get to him much more easily and subtley? Why all the sudden a year later go after him? I hardly think Asgard, or a prison on Asgard after what Loki has done, is the last place he'd look. I dont think it's tops on his list, it might be high on the Others list but The Other, I'd say, does what Thanos tells him. This is one of the reasons why I don't think that theory that Thanos is linked to these invaders works. I think Thanos will get his hands on him eventually, but probably not like this or even in this film (although still thinking maybe an after credits scene that could happen, even though Tom seemed to indicate not long ago he didn't think he would be in A2, who knows...)
Keep in mind that Thanos obviously doesn't have the world-tripping powers that Loki does....that's why he needed Loki to get to the Tesseract in Avengers. So it might not be a simple matter to just bounce over to Asgard whenever he feels like it. And without Bifrost operational, it's possible that this also means Asgard is *completely* cut off from the rest of the universe.

But more to the point, what I've always argued is that Thanos has been misdirecting Loki (and now Odin) all along. I think he *wanted* Loki to fail in Avengers so that the Tesseract would be maneuvered into place in Asgard. From there, he could stage a false-flag attack with a bunch of expendables (insert Stallone joke here) against Asgard; and, while Odin and Thor are distracted in that battle, his *true* purpose becomes apparent when he drops in to the Treasury (spaceship crash scene....?) to steal the Gauntlet --- the thing he was after all along.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:03 PM   #474
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Keep in mind that Thanos obviously doesn't have the world-tripping powers that Loki does....that's why he needed Loki to get to the Tesseract in Avengers. So it might not be a simple matter to just bounce over to Asgard whenever he feels like it. And without Bifrost operational, it's possible that this also means Asgard is *completely* cut off from the rest of the universe.
Am I correct in thinking that if The Other is in fact Chthon, as others (including you I think) has proposed, that he does have those powers? I actually am thinking the "madness" that Loki is exhibiting, could be The Other tormenting him (psychically), as his punishment, in which case Thanos wouldn't need to physically get a hold of him, if that is the case.

Quote:
But more to the point, what I've always argued is that Thanos has been misdirecting Loki (and now Odin) all along. I think he *wanted* Loki to fail in Avengers so that the Tesseract would be maneuvered into) place in Asgard. From there, he could stage a false-flag attack with a bunch of expendables (insert Stallone joke here) against Asgard; and, while Odin and Thor are distracted in that battle, his *true* purpose becomes apparent when he drops in to the Treasury (spaceship crash scene....?) to steal the Gauntlet --- the thing he was after all along.
that could be, but a thought occurred to me, with that in mind, isn't it much much easier and subtler and sneakier to open the Tessract from his side, and sneak into the vault as just himself or a small group of minions to grab it that way, then to crash a spaceship into the palace? Why ruin a perfectly good spaceship? Also, it does sound like it is the Dark Elves that crash into the palace and then Kurse and/or Malekith kill Frigga (or at least that sounds most likely at this time)

Last edited by elizah72; 01-28-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:07 PM   #475
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Yeah, could very well just be a disorganized revolt/banditry as a result of chaos in Asgard following the events of Thor (Bifrost destroyed, a war with the Jotuns which may or may not still be escalating, Loki's machinations, Odin refusing to abdicate to Thor, etc.)

But more to the point, what I've always argued is that Thanos has been misdirecting Loki (and now Odin) all along. I think he *wanted* Loki to fail in Avengers so that the Tesseract would be maneuvered into place in Asgard. From there, he could stage a false-flag attack with a bunch of expendables (insert Stallone joke here) against Asgard; and, while Odin and Thor are distracted in that battle, his *true* purpose becomes apparent when he drops in to the Treasury (spaceship crash scene....?) to steal the Gauntlet --- the thing he was after all along.
that's what I think. And of course, again, if an army attacks a year after Thanos' loki attack on earth, a whole year later, it seems smart. You know? It's all settled down, so he waits a year, and they attack. Elizah is saying BECAUSE of this, it probably isn't him. However, that could be exactly what he wanted, he waited to send an army so that they wouldn't suspect it was him.

I am not too sure what to think. I don't think it is an army of Hela's, if I were to pick, I would say it's something thanos related, because apparently these all have *something* to do with avengers 2, apparently. i think it may be more of the other opposed to Thanos himself appearing