The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 09:26 AM   #526
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
so you think that leaving any prisoner helpless and open to a horrible psychic attack, basically full on psychological torture for a years time, particularly someone who is already pretty psychologically messed up, is a "good" thing?!?!

When the prisoner is Loki, whose lists of crimes against others (genocide, mass murder, etc.) is long and who remains unrepentant, yes. Loki's problems with Thanos and The Other are entirely of his own making and come as a result of his working with them to invade the Earth and kill thousands of innocent human beings. He isn't psychologically messed up so much as he is a delusional psychopath out to make the universe suffer for his imagined slights. "I'm adopted/Daddy didn't love me as much" are poor excuses for trying to destroy an entire planet and enslave another species that had nothing to do with him and his petty problems.

Whatever Loki suffers as the result of his schemes is his own fault, and well-deserved to boot.

(I feel as if I have to make it clear that I'm talking about a fictional character here. I would never advocate allowing any real human being to be tortured, whether or not they are a prisoner. The way I feel about fiction is different. Catharsis and closure are paramount concerns. Seeing a villainous character suffer for his crimes brings both. Similarly, I am against the death penalty and would never support vigilante justice, however I get annoyed with Batman's insistence on allowing Joker to live to kill another day. Sometimes I just wish he'd shoot that ****er in the head and get it over with instead of taking him back to Arkham so he can plot and party. It's not reality, so indulging the desire to see justice brutally meted out doesn't bother me within the fictional realm.)

Old 01-30-2013, 10:03 AM   #527
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

I take it back it would be a "good" thing from the standpoint of making the more what I call "bloodthirsty" viewers feel as though they've received some kind of revenge on him, and hopefully then they'll let go of at least some of that need for terrible revenge against him, so we can get on with his character development and story arc with possible eventual redemption (if that's the direction they go in, that is, and the whole year of imprisonment and possible psychological torture thing doesn't make him far FAR worse!). It is just a fictional story after all, and I wouldn't normally buy that a person who committed terrible violence on others could change (I wouldn't have bought a guy like Thor could change in real life either) but this is a story, a "fairy tale", if you will, and so the hope that people can change is often used as a theme, to keep us hoping for humanity in general, I think. And that's an example of how I see real life and fictional stories differently, such a thing may seem extremely unlikely in real life but it's nice to hope for a little while that there may be good in everyone and that people can change and redeem themselves. As Tom has said re: a question about Loki's possible redemption, "I don’t think anybody is. I don’t think anyone, until their soul leaves their body, is passed the point of no return." Not sure how true that is, I am much more skeptical as far as real life goes, but it's lovely to have so much hope for humanity even if it's just for a short time while reading a book or watching a movie up on a screen. However fictional villain or real life maniac, I have never enjoyed the thought of anyone getting tortured.

I've gone back and forth about Loki's psychology and motivations etc, with various people A LOT in the Loki thread in past - so much so it exhausts me to start this conversation again, so just read back a ways in the Loki thread if you are interested in a different POV. if not, oh well. I certainly don't want to derail this thread.

Last edited by elizah72; 01-30-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:57 PM   #528
elizah72
Side-Kick

new AAA quote/interview

Quote:
MG: How did you prepare for such an iconic comic villains playing both Algrim the Strong and Kurse in “Thor: The Dark World”?
AAA: It was a huge opportunity to pull double duty. In order to prepare you obviously go through and read the comics and research the characters history. You also look at the imagery and have discussions with Marvel and the directors to see their vision for the characters. Then the rest is left for the designers who create the costumes, which really then assists in your performance. Specifically for Kurse, it was very much looking at the costume and what I thought it would embody. For instance it had a certain look, so I used that look for his interpretive actions. I found that very useful. So with the horns and everything, I just went with that flow and tried to define a way of moving and fighting that was in the rhythm and the way that he looked. With Algrim, again the aesthetic look and the outfit really factored in as does the location and the set. From the moment you step into that world, you immediately become that character. You make them real. So in a way you have to ground the character in reality that makes it normal for them to be in that world. I believe and hope that we have done that well in this and that the audiences are going to enjoy it.
http://www.mediamikes.com/2013/01/ad...the-dark-world

Old 01-30-2013, 01:20 PM   #529
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

AAA loves this **** lol. He's gunna be one of the best parts of this movie I think. An actor with enthusiasm is always something

Old 01-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #530
elizah72
Side-Kick

an interesting entry on this guys account, and he's 6ft 5, 264 lbs (although Thor has "fought bigger" ) http://www.starnow.co.uk/jonkocel

Quote:
Major Hollywood Movie, cannot release title untill the film is in post production : Fight scenes and close up face to face, interaction with the main character, major Hollywood star, London, UK

I have worked on some big budget films such as Thor 2 which is in post production, I was involved in fight scenes and a face to face confrontation with main characters.
I think both are referring to THor 2, he just hadn't updated the first one under experience yet. Could be just another marauder, or maybe Skurge cameo? He has had speaking roles apparently.

have also recently found cast listing for "Stonehendge tourist" and "tourist photographer" to add to that "Tv Reporter at Stonehendge" I reported a while back.

Last edited by elizah72; 01-30-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:46 PM   #531
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
AAA loves this **** lol. He's gunna be one of the best parts of this movie I think. An actor with enthusiasm is always something
Yeah, it's great when an actor is really into his role!

Old 01-30-2013, 11:09 PM   #532
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Seriously. Kurse is gunna be great

Old 01-30-2013, 11:52 PM   #533
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Quote:
Seriously. Kurse is gunna be great
Wrong, Kurse is going to be Amazing! I fully expect this movie to blow me away!

Old 01-30-2013, 11:56 PM   #534
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

me too. I think it's gunna be the best pre avengers phase 2 movie.

of course, that could be my bias speaking, as I am always first, a thor fan

Old 01-31-2013, 12:00 AM   #535
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

I'm more excited about this more than the three other MCU films on the way (although I'm pumped about them too), it was because of the first film I'm reading Thor comics now. I love the universe and its characters.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:06 AM   #536
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
me too. I think it's gunna be the best pre avengers phase 2 movie.

of course, that could be my bias speaking, as I am always first, a thor fan
A couple of days ago,I talked to a friend from College, who's never been a comic book fan, but after having watched the Avengers, he's now hooked, and he said
Thor 2 is also the one he's most looking forward from the next wave of movies.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:17 AM   #537
DOOZlovesBOOZ
Side-Kick

I love AAA, he's such a great actor. Glad to see he was to into his character.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:07 AM   #538
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnbjorn View Post
A couple of days ago,I talked to a friend from College, who's never been a comic book fan, but after having watched the Avengers, he's now hooked, and he said
Thor 2 is also the one he's most looking forward from the next wave of movies.
I simply can't wait to see them going to the other realms. I would hope Thor learns how to make and use portholes with Mjolnir.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 01-31-2013, 04:12 AM   #539
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
I simply can't wait to see them going to the other realms. I would hope Thor learns how to make and use portholes with Mjolnir.
I do hope he will be allowed to do that.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:53 AM   #540
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Old 01-31-2013, 10:56 AM   #541
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

The armor looks fantastic. Such an improvement over Thor's last two appearances. I do hope he spends some quality time sleeveless, though. It looks far more badass.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Old 01-31-2013, 10:58 AM   #542
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compi716 View Post
The armor looks fantastic. Such an improvement over Thor's last two appearances. I do hope he spends some quality time sleeveless, though. It looks far more badass.
Agreed on both counts.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:11 PM   #543
Marvin
Side-Kick

Just looking at the texture of the sets real granite, and the lack of any sort of Thor wig, I think speaks volumes for what sort of film this is going to be.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:56 PM   #544
waffles
Side-Kick

It looks MEGA.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:00 PM   #545
elizah72
Side-Kick

THis is a Game of Thrones Season 3 featurette that focus' on Iceland and why they are filming there with some really beautiful shots of the scenery, so thought some might be interested since some filming was done in Iceland for Thor 2.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 01-31-2013, 07:05 PM   #546
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
THis is a Game of Thrones Season 3 featurette that focus' on Iceland and why they are filming there with some really beautiful shots of the scenery, so thought some might be interested since some filming was done in Iceland for Thor 2.
Very nice! THanks for sharing.

Wow, even that bitter, harsh landscape is stunning. And iti would make for a terrific backdrop for part of this film. The photos we've seen before are pretty fabulous too. I'm so excited for how detailed this might come out looking!

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 02-01-2013, 12:04 AM   #547
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Man that new pic of Thor is AWESOME!!!!

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 02-01-2013, 12:13 AM   #548
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

I saved it on my phone it was so good.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:18 AM   #549
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

I'm loving these golden details on it, and the cape, of course!

Old 02-01-2013, 01:18 AM   #550
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Seriously I know! his best costume so far I think