The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 12:26 AM   #551
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Praise costume designers (hopefully they can join CAWS after the somewhat disappointing Avengers's Cap costume )

Old 02-01-2013, 12:56 AM   #552
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

I'm loving the whole chestpiece/front armor.. idk if its too different from Avengers but I really noticed it in that picture. Man IM3 and T:TDW are shaping up to be really amazing!

Old 02-01-2013, 05:12 AM   #553
Godzilla2000
Humble Huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I'm more excited about this more than the three other MCU films on the way (although I'm pumped about them too), it was because of the first film I'm reading Thor comics now. I love the universe and its characters.
From my perspective I think the enthusiasm has to come from the fact that Thor and his universe are so fantastical and fantasy driven. The characters are these cosmic beings of immense power who aren't as reality grounded which creates a lot of epic, unlimited displays of badass action. Sounds like Kurse is shaping up to be a very kickass villain that can do a lot of serious destruction.

- I take growing my hair extremely long for charity VERY seriously. Think of the children!

STOP THE INSANITY!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Understanding me:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...usaolp00000592
Old 02-01-2013, 07:44 AM   #554
Lady_Sif
Goddess of Asgard

Heart Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post

muhaha, that looks epic! Just look at the shields in the background and the carving of that balcony (?). I want one of those myself lol

The only thing I do not like about Thor's new outfit is that they removed the runes from his chest discs. Those looked great! The other thing is, is he still wearing a wig? I mean his own hair should be long enough by now ... I saw him having long hair on photos when he was not dressed as Thor. Mh.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:39 AM   #555
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
From my perspective I think the enthusiasm has to come from the fact that Thor and his universe are so fantastical and fantasy driven. The characters are these cosmic beings of immense power who aren't as reality grounded which creates a lot of epic, unlimited displays of badass action. Sounds like Kurse is shaping up to be a very kickass villain that can do a lot of serious destruction.
Several cast members have made comments that one positive aspect of Thor2 is that it is more grounded in reality. Those comments have puzzled me in light of your observation above, which I made boldface.

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 02-01-2013, 09:48 AM   #556
Adamantium
Your King

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Several cast members have made comments that one positive aspect of Thor2 is that it is more grounded in reality. Those comments have puzzled me in light of your observation above, which I made boldface.
That's funny to me. They have to be just referring to the personal stories??

Thespians and their poor way of articulating words outside of their acting.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:59 AM   #557
Godzilla2000
Humble Huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Hmm...well characters that use magic or have super strength can't be too reality based though. Maybe what they mean is that it's more real because we'll actually see the human toll of powerful beings clashing, not that they'll be more mortal. Just watch an old movie like Superman II, preferably the Donner edit, and pay attention during the Metropolis fight between Superman and the Kyrptonian supervillains to see what I mean about great, fantastical powers clashing in populated areas. Maybe it's my generation and the times I grew up in but I don't really prefer my superhero movies too realistic though. Reality is what I live in. I want some knock down drag out, impossibly realized fights of great power and destruction. You can't get too real when the characters do not adhere to reality as we know it. There has to be some room for fantasy in there and suspension of disbelief.

- I take growing my hair extremely long for charity VERY seriously. Think of the children!

STOP THE INSANITY!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Understanding me:

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 02-01-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #558
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Hmm...well characters that use magic or have super strength can't be too reality based though. Maybe what they mean is that it's more real because we'll actually see the human toll of powerful beings clashing, not that they'll be more mortal. Just watch an old movie like Superman II, preferably the Donner edit, and pay attention during the Metropolis fight between Superman and the Kyrptonian supervillains to see what I mean about great, fantastical powers clashing in populated areas. Maybe it's my generation and the times I grew up in but I don't really prefer my superhero movies too realistic though. Reality is what I live in. I want some knock down drag out, impossibly realized fights of great power and destruction. You can't get too real when the characters do not adhere to reality as we know it. There has to be some room for fantasy in there and suspension of disbelief.
exactly. I think believable in current MCU is a better word choice

Old 02-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #559
Godzilla2000
Humble Huntress

Oh yes, yes...you have to present a fantastical element in a real world setting convincingly of course. In the 80's it seemed like a lot of fantasy based characters were thrown into the real world quite unsuccessfully, like Masters of the Universe and Beastmaster II for examples. It takes a very talented creative team to make fantastical, fantasy based type characters work in a real setting. I think Thor and Avengers to a lesser degree managed to integrate Thor's world in this setting pretty well.

STOP THE INSANITY!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Understanding me:
Old 02-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #560
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Yeah, you totally nailed it here.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #561
elizah72
Side-Kick

here's a little blurb about some Thor 2 toys supposedly spotted, not much information yet but more expected to come via this site on the 9th.
http://marvelousnews.com/news.php?ca...2&itemid=15732

Quote:
"Thor figs very impressive."

Last edited by elizah72; 02-01-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #562
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Glad to know Thor figures are looking impressive!

Old 02-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #563
sabetoonth
Who?

Do they have their information wrong or was TDW moved from November to October?

But good stuff to hear they're impressive, now if only we knew why! Here's hoping we get a good look at toy fair. Anyone think we may end u seeing Kurse or Loki figs?

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
Old 02-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #564
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabetoonth View Post
Do they have their information wrong or was TDW moved from November to October?

But good stuff to hear they're impressive, now if only we knew why! Here's hoping we get a good look at toy fair. Anyone think we may end u seeing Kurse or Loki figs?
I think the UK release date is Oct 30th (and yes, I know it's not fair!)

on the second question, yes! I hope so!

Old 02-01-2013, 04:16 PM   #565
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

If 2008 me could hear 2013 me, he would never believe me when I say that Thor 2 and GotG are the two Phase 2 movies I'm most looking forward to. I'm turning into a cosmic fanboy.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:48 PM   #566
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

I can see where you're coming from, Crimson King. These two are my top choices too!

Old 02-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #567
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

me too!

Old 02-01-2013, 06:46 PM   #568
elizah72
Side-Kick

Okay, so that guy on IMDB who claimed to have seen some Thor 2 footage at a Disney conference last week, finally came back to that board and posted a bit more. The first paragraph quoted below is referring to a question about the length of Loki's hair. The rest is in answer to a few other questions people had. Other than the new thing he's saying about Loki having a beard, I think it all goes right along with the reports from the Italian footage.
Quote:
His hair looked a tad longer than Avengers, I could be wrong though, it was a very brief shot. It definitely wasn't shorter!

And no, it still felt very sci-fi, the medievel feel wasn't dominant... it was mainly the scenery, i.e. woodland, as well as the horse and riders that just gave me that feel.

Anyways, it looks totally epic, and I can assure that this will AT LEAST match, if not exceed, the original Thor. It sorta gave me a 'The Dark Knight' feel - everything is amplified, everything is escalated. Can't wait for this one!
His original post and link below....
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1981115/board/thread/209864998
Quote:
I'm not sure what to say without giving too much away - but I guess I could give you guys one shot to talk about.

Loki, wearing what I can only describe as 'tramp clothes', with a very scraggly beard (think Christian Bale in Batman Begins, when he stole the fruit to survive) sat and slumped against the wall of a white room, yelling manically to himself.

I don't know who he was yelling at (if anyone) or why he was yelling, but it looked very interesting. It's a sort of flipped parallel to Avengers, when he was captured - only this time, he's not particularly enjoying being a prisoner and he's not being treated well.

Also the footage looks very Game of Thrones like. E.g. lots of battle scenes, involving horses, Thor hammering the sh** out of everything, stuff like that. It looked very MEDIEVEL.
Anyway, imma shut up now. But any questions about the footage I've just described I'll happily answer.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #569
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Okay, so that guy on IMDB who claimed to have seen some Thor 2 footage at a Disney conference last week, finally came back to that board and posted a bit more. The first paragraph quoted below is referring to a question about the length of Loki's hair. The rest is in answer to a few other questions people had. Other than the new thing he's saying about Loki having a beard, I think it all goes right along with the reports from the Italian footage.

Sounds grea to me. Thanks for posting it, elizah.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #570
Lady_Sif
Goddess of Asgard

Thanks @ elizah72 for posting this quote!

That all sounds very cool. More battles, more fun yay. I'm really excited for the Game of Thrones touch it will get.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:58 AM   #571
Godzilla2000
Humble Huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Loki, wearing what I can only describe as 'tramp clothes', with a very scraggly beard (think Christian Bale in Batman Begins, when he stole the fruit to survive) sat and slumped against the wall of a white room, yelling manically to himself.
Hah! That sounds like a normal day for me. Well, except for the scraggly beard that is.

STOP THE INSANITY!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Understanding me:
Old 02-02-2013, 09:36 AM   #572
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Original quality of the behind-the-scenes photo
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 02-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #573
HighFivingMF
Welp.

I always think that Asgardian on the left is kissing someone at first.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #574
sabetoonth
Who?

I do the same thing, man

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
Old 02-02-2013, 10:33 AM   #575
elizah72
Side-Kick

LOL! Maybe he's kissing Jane and that's why Thor is making a cranky face.

Closed Thread