The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #626
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Well maybe Mr. Sam can take a look at the IM3 spoilers from Lawden sometime and tell us if anything he said there was new at the time and is looking to be correct.

It's pretty amazing what they can do in post production.
I haven't looked at the Lawden reports at all....I don't even know where to start. And I wasn't trying to imply he was wrong about anything, just that he probably got the info about the human-chain scene from the same place the rest of us did --- Youtube and the geeksites --- rather than any insider source.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #627
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Let's not forget about how he's bringing Malekith into this whole mess as if Thanos isn't destructive enough. I'd love to see a cleaver video editor turn Loki's character arc into a family sitcom.
I don't think there has been anything at all indicating that Loki is responsible for bringing Malekith into Thor 2 (kinda hard to do when you are stuck in the slammer, anyway). That one quote from a magazine saying he was "egging on" Malekith, 1) is an assumption on the part of the writer, and not necessarily correct, and not a direct quote from Eccleston, and 2) even if he is "egging" him on at some point, that doesn't mean he's responsible for Malekith being there and everything he does.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #628
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Quote:
I don't think there has been anything at all indicating that Loki is responsible for bringing Malekith into Thor 2 (kinda hard to do when you are stuck in the slammer, anyway). That one quote from a magazine saying he was "egging on" Malekith, 1) is an assumption on the part of the writer, and not necessarily correct, and not a direct quote from Eccleston, and 2) even if he is "egging" him on at some point, that doesn't mean he's responsible for Malekith being there and everything he does.
Malekith is on a rampage because of what Loki did in the Avengers. Loki is guilty of that because of what he had started. I swear that Thanos had this planned all along, to use Loki as his tool to plunge the universe into chaos. Fangirl or not we cannot deny that Loki's pestilent impulsiveness has set in motion these events that will just get worse and worse.

- It's not your exterior that should be the litmus test of your value but what's inside your heart.

"One loyal friend is worth 10 thousand relatives." - Euripides

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 02-04-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:40 AM   #629
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Malekith is on a rampage because of what Loki did in the Avengers. Loki is guilty of that because of what he had started. I swear that Thanos had this planned all along, to use Loki as his tool to plunge the universe into chaos. Fangirl or not we cannot deny that Loki's pestilent impulsiveness has set in motion these events that will just get worse and worse.
Agreed.
I seriously see a very shadowy genius manipulating Loki, and that genius is Thanos. *If* that's actually the case, it's really a brilliant plan that the writers have pieced together.....Thanos uses Loki to manipulate a war on an interplanetary/universal scale, and moves his pawn into place on Asgard so that he can reach the object he's been after all along: the Infinity Gauntlet.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-04-2013, 12:07 PM   #630
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
We don't know that yet. We don't know anything about what starts Malekith off in the MCU yet. For all we know he could have a big revenge plan brewing for a long time due to something Odin or Thor did to him and absolutely nothing to do with Loki. And it seems likely to do with revenge and/or escape plans of Surtur's, again probably against Odin and/or Thor, and likely something that would come about at some point Loki or no Loki. And likely something he would have eventually found a way to do bifrost destroyed or not, Tesseract used in Avengers or not.

Anyway we just know there is a mess in the 9 realms after the bifrost was destroyed, probably due to the other realms feeling that they can do what they want now that they are not so much under Odin's thumb since the Asgardians can't get to them as easily. (which doesn't say much good about Odin's rule in the opinion of the other realms). This was also building early in Thor 1, with the other realms thinking Odin weak, and remember Thor's quote "the 9 realms laugh at us". So that dissent was building well prior to Loki doing bad things in Thor 1, and likely to have erupted in some fashion eventually. Thor certainly didn't appear to be doing much to build positive relationships with the other realms at that time, going on all kinds of "glorious battles" with his buddies, and probably pissing off the people in the other realms even more.

Also, remember, the bifrost being destroyed happened in Thor 1 not Avengers, nothing Loki did in Avengers should have set Malekith off, and it's doubtful Thanos had anything whatsoever to do with the events of Thor 1. Plus Thor was at least *partially* responsible for the destruction of the bifrost. And Nick Fury is at least partially responsible for the Tesseract being set off in Avengers, indicating Earth ready for a higher form of war, per Thor. Steve says to Tony about Nick, "He's got the same blood on his hands that Loki does." The Tesseract would have been set off again, Loki or no Loki.

Believe it or not, I DO understand about not blindly defending Loki, just because I'm a fangirl and he's cute, but one definitely shouldn't blindly blame him for 100% of *everything* bad going down in the universe, either. Partially, yes, everything NO.

Btw, have you see the "Norse Crisis Flowchart?" LOL Look it up, I don't want to link it here because it's got 1 bad word in it.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:37 PM   #631
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Shame on you letting your Hiddleston fandom blind you! You should have read enough of the source material to know that when Loki is involved he's always an accessory to the crime.

- It's not your exterior that should be the litmus test of your value but what's inside your heart.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #632
American Maid
Side-Kick

In addition to agreeing with you all on various points, I also have things to say to the contrary to all of you.

Quote:
I don't think there has been anything at all indicating that Loki is responsible for bringing Malekith into Thor 2
Technically true, but the full story has not yet been revealed. And when something goes wrong in Asgard, who is the one who is almost always culprit, both in myth and in 616? (Hint: It's one of Odin's sons! I wonder which one??)

Quote:
even if he is "egging" him on at some point, that doesn't mean he's responsible for Malekith being there and everything he does.
I agree with you on this point.

Quote:
Malekith is on a rampage because of what Loki did in the Avengers. Loki is guilty of that because of what he had started.
Ah, not so fast. First of all, Lawden had said that the Dark Elves had a falling out with the Asgardians a while back. It sounds like an old score that's now being settled. That would suggest that if any Asgardian "caused" the Dark Elves' rage, it would be Odin. And in any event, the grievance predates the events of The Avengers.

Second, Malekith is on a rampage now, in Thor2, (imo), because of the power vacuum created by the destruction the Bifrost. And who did that? (Hint: It's one of Odin's sons! I wonder which one??)

True, Thor smashed the bridge to prevent the genocide of the Jotun, which Loki was trying to bring about. But to say Loki caused Malekith to take his actions now because of his misuse of the Bifrost is a bit removed in the chain of causality. It's an unforseen complication, not a targeted action.

Quote:
Fangirl or not we cannot deny that Loki's pestilent impulsiveness has set in motion these events that will just get worse and worse.
I agree with this.

Quote:
I swear that Thanos had this planned all along, to use Loki as his tool to plunge the universe into chaos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Agreed.
I seriously see a very shadowy genius manipulating Loki, and that genius is Thanos. *If* that's actually the case, it's really a brilliant plan that the writers have pieced together.....Thanos uses Loki to manipulate a war on an interplanetary/universal scale, and moves his pawn into place on Asgard so that he can reach the object he's been after all along: the Infinity Gauntlet.
I do like this idea and think this could well turn out to be the case. But to continue my theme of agreeing and disagreeing with everyone, I'll note another sequence is possible: in Simonson, Surtur is planning to move on Asgard, and calls on his servant Malekith to seek out Loki. So rather than Loki manipulating Malekith, or Thanos manipulating Loki, we have Surtur directing Malekith to form an alliance with Loki (into which Loki enters in bad faith, but for good reason).

I look forward to finding out what the actual machinations are!

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 02-04-2013, 12:45 PM   #633
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

I'm just thinking what better way for Thanos to attract Lady Death than by starting a universal wide apocalypse.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:48 PM   #634
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Shame on you letting your Hiddleston fandom blind you! You should have read enough of the source material to know that when Loki is involved he's always an accessory to the crime.
Shame on me? I'm sorry but that really seems rather harsh and uncalled for. While you're at it you can say shame on Tom Hiddleston for reading the "source material" and apparently not getting it right *in your opinion*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Technically true, but the full story has not yet been revealed. And when something goes wrong in Asgard, who is the one who is almost always culprit, both in myth and in 616? (Hint: It's one of Odin's sons! I wonder which one??)
Oh! Oh! I know this! I know this! It's BALDER! Right?! it's that bastard Balder again! Stupid jerk head.

Quote:
Second, Malekith is on a rampage now, in Thor2, (imo), because of the power vacuum created by the destruction the Bifrost. And who did that? (Hint: It's one of Odin's sons! I wonder which one??)
BALDER!!!! Yeah! Do I get a thumbs up? Or a cookie?!?!

Quote:
I look forward to finding out what the actual machinations are!
as do I! And there are sure to be plenty of them, from more than one character.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:50 PM   #635
sabetoonth
Who?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

A Hype friendly version.

And Loki did it

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
Old 02-04-2013, 12:52 PM   #636
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Quote:
Shame on me? I'm sorry but that really seems rather harsh and uncalled for. While you're at it you can say shame on Tom Hiddleston for reading the "source material" and apparently not getting it right *in your opinion*.
Whoa there, put your claws away. All Tom Hiddleston was doing previously is make Loki a bit more three dimensional. I have a feeling that we will be starting to see a more aggressive, comic-like Loki in this movie because he's not as sheltered and protected as he was in Thor all things considered because of the Avengers.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #637
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabetoonth View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

A Hype friendly version.

And Loki did it
LOL thanks yeah, the point of that being no matter what some people are just going to automatically blame Loki for everything. Just because...

Last edited by elizah72; 02-04-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #638
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Yeah Loki! Freakin bringing Thanos and all this cosmic trouble jeez!
Quote:
Let's not forget about how he's bringing Malekith into this whole mess as if Thanos isn't destructive enough. I'd love to see a cleaver video editor turn Loki's character arc into a family sitcom.
wait what?

Thanos used Loki. He probably saught out Loki and used him for his plans, to find a way into asgard. Loki didn't bring him in lol.

Not to mention I doubt Malekith is brought in because of Loki. Malekith clearly has his own motive guys lol. :P it was thanos, we can't put ALL the blame on Loki. as you said, an accessory to the crime. an unintentional one though. That doesn' make him any less..bad though it does appear he will be moving onto a more comic version of him soon. Manipulating and such. Quite possibly, these past two films could have been a different take on Loki, showing how he becomes what he is in the comics???????????

also Elizah, pretty sure she meant it as a sarcastic joke.

Last edited by jaqua99; 02-04-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #639
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
well, like I said, it was Thanos. Yes, sure loki could in a way be responsible, but it was probably Loki's plan.

So Loki isn't the one responsible for Malekith taking action, and the universe going into hell.

Thanos is. It's because of Thanos that malekith will be invading asgard and doing his thing. It's because of thanos that the universe could possibly be in trouble. Not loki. He merely used loki as a tool. It was all thanos' doing. he's responsible lol

and to elizah. Fury isn't completely responsible for the tesseract spiking and letting Loki in. They were doing work, "doors open from both sides". the tampering was done at the other end by Loki and/or chthon/ the other...(i think i am just gunna call him chthon cause its easier to type lol) but that's getting technical. Fury may have announced it's where abouts, but I am certain that the other/thanos can teleport with it easily, without the help of someone opening it on the other end, as to me that was made clear. Which sure, Loki's doings. But again, he was manipulated by Thanos. Thanos is the one responsible for all this, mostly. I see it as mostly thanos, thor destroying the bifrost bridge. Yes, Elizah, thor did that. But he wouldn't have done it if it weren't for what Loki did.

I am not arguing loki's motives, so lets not get into this. My point is that EVERYONE is in a way responsible, as you said. However, it appears Loki did a lot of things that caused more recent issues. These things he did were cause he was manipulated by Thanos. So again, I think this isn't so much anyone's fault, as it is simply Thanos' plan

Quote:
just because I'm a fangirl and he's cute
lol I still have trouble accepting this, mind you. As 3 or 4 years ago, these are words I would bet my soul that would never be uttered by anyone regarding loki haha. how times change

Last edited by jaqua99; 02-04-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #640
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

3,000th post

Last edited by jaqua99; 02-04-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #641
elizah72
Side-Kick

(nevermind)

Last edited by elizah72; 02-04-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #642
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
we can't put ALL the blame on Loki.
By Odin's beard! Jaqua99 and I agreeing on something! What's next? Ragnarock!

Quote:
well, like I said, it was Thanos. Yes, sure loki could in a way be responsible, but it was probably Loki's plan.

So Loki isn't the one responsible for Malekith taking action, and the universe going into hell.

Thanos is. It's because of Thanos that malekith will be invading asgard and doing his thing. It's because of thanos that the universe could possibly be in trouble. Not loki. He merely used loki as a tool. It was all thanos' doing. he's responsible lol
Do you mean it was probably Thanos' plan there? In bold.

Quote:
lol I still have trouble accepting this, mind you. As 3 or 4 years ago, these are words I would bet my soul that would never be uttered by anyone regarding loki haha. how times change
LOL... sorry. Tom hasn't completely ruined Loki for you, has he?

Quote:
and to elizah. Fury isn't completely responsible for the tesseract spiking and letting Loki in. They were doing work, "doors open from both sides". the tampering was done at the other end by Loki and/or chthon/ the other...(i think i am just gunna call him chthon cause its easier to type lol) but that's getting technical. Fury may have announced it's where abouts, but I am certain that the other/thanos can teleport with it easily, without the help of someone opening it on the other end.
no, I didn't say Fury was completely responsible. just saying that Steve seemed to be holding both responsible, and him being Captain America, I would tend to equate what he says with what he writer himself feels is the truth of the situation.

Quote:
3,000th post
Congrats!

Old 02-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #643
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
If she did, I apologize. But it didn't come off that way to me (obviously)

And I apologize to folks here either way for getting a bit steamed about it here, but it just rubbed me the wrong way.
lol it seemed harmess enough to me, she jokingly called out/poked fun at your fangirlism, and you missed her intention, and took it personally lol, **** happens. we move on.

but going back to this disscussion, I think most of it is more so thanos' planning (as I described in my edited previous post) as it as so much as anyone else's fault

Old 02-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #644
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
By Odin's beard! Jaqua99 and I agreeing on something! What's next? Ragnarock!
lol apparently

Quote:
Do you mean it was probably Thanos' plan there? In bold.
yup lol

Quote:
LOL... sorry. Tom hasn't completely ruined Loki for you, has he?
no lol I just think he provides a different origin, a more human path. Based on the avengers, and the descriptions of thor 2, I agree with godzilla, he probably is going to become a more comic-like loki. I think the first two films showed loki in a different way, an origin, showing how he becomes the evil twisted manipulating scheming loki of 616. a more detailed/human origin, to an evil man

Quote:
no, I didn't say Fury was completely responsible. just saying that Steve seemed to be holding both responsible, and him being Captain America, I would tend to equate what he says with what he writer himself feels is the truth of the situation.
gotcha

Quote:
Congrats!
thanks

Old 02-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #645
elizah72
Side-Kick

Son of a B, must be my bad Karma now. I just typed up a whole response and then my internet went out and I lost what I'd typed! UGH!!!!

so this is much shorter (but you probably won't mind. lol)

Quote:

but going back to this disscussion, I think most of it is more so thanos' planning (as I described in my edited previous post) as it as so much as anyone else's fault
If Thanos planned all along to have Loki fail then would he then NOT go after him to punish him for failing? Since he did what he was supposed to do?

Quote:
no lol I just think he provides a different origin, a more human path. Based on the avengers, and the descriptions of thor 2, I agree with godzilla, he probably is going to become a more comic-like loki. I think the first two films showed loki in a different way, an origin, showing how he becomes the evil twisted manipulating scheming loki of 616. a more detailed/human origin, to an evil man
This... I am so frustrated I just lost what I typed, you have NO IDEA. I was on a role. Ugh....

anyways, I will share these two quotes and a video, and you tell me if what he's saying here sounds to you like Loki is going to turn into superbad comics Loki or if it sounds like they might go in a new direction, a "new recipe with the same ingredients" so to speak. Feige I think said they were going to be taking risks, after all.

Quote:
“I don't know, And that really is the honest answer. I know I've been known for obfuscation in other quarters, but I have no idea. I haven't spoken to Joss. He's definitely doing it. I suspect not, only because I think that probably the audiences are tired of Loki being the bad guy. Maybe the Avengers need somebody else to fight. But I'd love to be part of it again.”
odd thing for an actor to say about his character, if his character is going to remain a bad guy/become an even worse bad guy during the film he was filming at the time of this interview. (and most certainly he had seen the script for it by then). And no I don't think it's an indicator that Loki dies, because he would have simply said, no I'm not going to be in that, in that case.

Quote:
Going into this one we were - very flatteringly - involved in big creative conversations about tone, and story. Thor and Loki are these two characters that people know and love and understand - so we have to take this in the right direction. You want to do something new - you don't want to re-heat the same recipe in the microwave, you want to cook up something different and exciting - but you don't want to lose the things that worked the first time.
status quo Loki or turning Loki into his super nasty comics version, doesn't seem to me to go along at all with anything that is being said here. and again this interview was while Thor 2 was being filmed. Dec. 2012 GQ I could bring up other quotes but I'm feeling lazy right now.

and below possibly my favorite Tom interview regarding Thor 2 (again while Thor 2 was being filmed), where he apparently can't even say *anything* about where his character is "at emotionally." If he's simply gone super villain crazy then the trailer will likely show that, no reason to keep it a secret, but if it's a bit more complex than that, and it's something that's going to surprise us all (or at least some of you ) then that's certainly a reason for him to keep quiet. I do believe the trailer when it comes out will play up the crazy angle leading up to Thor 2, but I think when we get into the theaters to see it, we are in for some surprises, risks, and "new recipes"

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by elizah72; 02-04-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:03 PM   #646
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

[QUOTE=elizah72;25126435]Son of a B, must be my bad Karma now. I just typed up a whole response and then my internet went out and I lost what I'd typed! UGH!!!!

so this is much shorter (but you probably won't mind. lol)

Quote:
If Thanos planned all along to have Loki fail then would he then NOT go after him to punish him for failing? Since he did what he was supposed to do?
Could certainly explain the supposed lack of Thanos in Thor 2
the threat could have been used to hide his true motive

Quote:
This... I am so frustrated I just lost what I typed, you have NO IDEA. I was on a role. Ugh....
Quote:
anyways, I will share these two quotes and a video, and you tell me if what he's saying here sounds to you like Loki is going to turn into superbad comics Loki or if it sounds like they might go in a new direction, a "new recipe with the same ingredients" so to speak. Feige I think said they were going to be taking risks, after all.
New recipe with the same ingredients. Tough to say. Is this a new recipe from MCU loki so far, for from 616 Loki? Well, he's not really like 616 Loki yet. So technically, making him like he is in 616 WOULD be a step in a new direction. technically.

616 Loki isn't JUST superbad evil. He's sly, he's hard to figure oout, and he's sneaky, smart, and always is manipulating people for what he wants. This right here, take notice, what I just wrote right there, is what I am essentially going to play off of for the rest of this post...

but the ingredients are there, he said. I think this means that it will take his personal events from the past, and shape him into something new, that hasn't been scene in terms of characterization. Maybe his motives will be to make thor miserable, like a lot in 616. That would certainly take the ingredients from the first two movies, and stir them into something new.

Essentially. Those comments can lead to a lot of stuff. Also, while it isn't 616, it is based off that marvel character. They won't completely revamp him as you may or may not be suggesting. Cause at the end of the day, he IS still a villain. I think that what we see is gunna be more dark.

Maybe not necessarily the Loki from 616, but he will be more dark, I think. Expanding on where he left off in avengers. I can see him being very very bitter. Espcially towards thor. And, as you've said in these comments from tom and whoever, their relationship will be explored a bit more. That very well could mean that his hatred will grow, or that his jealously will fuel him into an even darker place. That is STILL a new recipe with the same ingredients.

Now try not to take everything a face value. Given tom's previous interviews, I've started to understand his words, something I'm good at. I'm sorry, but Loki isn't going to turn into a hero, or an antihero Elizah, if that's what you are getting at, come on now lol.

By his comments regarding people getting tired of him as the villain. That's what he means. "as the villain". The villain. the main antagonist. given on how he made the comment about the avengers, it's very very likely he was referring to Loki simply not being the main villain.

His hatred towards thor, and egging on some other villains, and developing a deeper persona, would certainly mean he "isn't a villain" anymore.

However, he would still be a villain. just not THE VILLAIN, for the specific movie. and that is what tom most likely meant. 616 or MCU, Loki is a villain ELizah. We can get into a MCU vs 616 debate, but honestly, neither of us want to deal with or think about that crap. But the point is, that is 50 years of characterization, that they won't just ignore, marvel knows this. They can take Loki in new directions, based off his 616 character, certainly. Which is what they are doing. He's still a villain.

Get what I mean?

Given Loki's nature, Tom's comment would lead me to say that he meant he won't be the primary antagonist anymore. Which is the case.

Quote:
odd thing for an actor to say about his character, if his character is going to remain a bad guy/become an even worse bad guy during the film he was filming at the time of this interview. (and most certainly he had seen the script for it by then). And no I don't think it's an indicator that Loki dies, because he would have simply said, no I'm not going to be in that, in that case.
again, not odd at all pal. He didn't say people are tired of loki being a villain, he didn't say, Loki probably won't be a villain anymore. Based on the following comment regarding the avengers, and a villain, he just means that Loki won't be THE villain. But he is STILL a "villain" and has certain personal issues, and hatred towards thor. He can have a redemption arc most likely, for sure. But not a complete change of characterization. He's a villain. Always has been a villain. A deep, complex one, sure.

As tom said, with a deep, origin. We've seen Loki's origin. But he's still a villain. He can still be "a bad guy" without being "The bad guy" Tom's words actually support very well with what I am saying.

But if you don't see my POV, and understand mine, then we can just agree to disagree and leave it at that, cause for heavens sake, neither of us want to get into this lol

but this is what I think tom meant, and what they are probably going to do with Loki. His character development isn't a strait up evil one, but he is still a "bad guy" and will stay a villain. Cause that's who Loki is. This is a guy who turns up inthe top 10 in almost every single best Marvel villains list. He's a villain, he WILL be a villain.

Quote:
status quo Loki or turning Loki into his super nasty comics version, doesn't seem to me to go along at all with anything that is being said here. and again this interview was while Thor 2 was being filmed. Dec. 2012 GQ I could bring up other quotes but I'm feeling lazy right now.

and below possibly my favorite Tom interview regarding Thor 2 (again while Thor 2 was being filmed), where he apparently can't even say *anything* about his characters frame of mind. If he's simply gone super villain crazy then the trailer will likely show that, no reason to keep it a secret, but if it's a bit more complex than that, and it's something that's going to surprise us all (or at least some of you ) then that's certainly a reason for him to keep quiet. I do believe the trailer when it comes out will play up the crazy angle leading up to Thor 2, but I think when we get into the theaters to see it, we are in for some surprises, risks, and "new recipes"
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
If I write a full on response, I will be repeating myself. So just..see my above comment lol. Yes, Loki is a villain. and is complex, and his hatred/feelings towards thor will probably flourish more, and drive him to do some crazy things. Like I said, a different take ON his 616 self. They aren't going to completely get rid of/change 50 years of characterization, try to see it that with out bias, I mean this not in a bad way, i really do, but your post does actually hint at some fangirl bias. Which isn't a problem, but you need to understand to see Loki as what he is written to be, a villain first, MCU, or 616, or mythos, Loki is a villain. period. ..dont mean to offend, but if there is a bit of bias, try to put that aside a bit...yes, He isn't going to BE like 616 Loki. Just, probably a different take on 616 Loki. but completely change a character, a character who not to mention, is considered one of the best villains in marvel comics, they will not do

Last edited by jaqua99; 02-04-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #647
elizah72
Side-Kick

*sigh* And yet again we don't agree on a large chunk of things Loki, among other things. Oh, well. Such a shame. Honestly I think Marvel can do whatever they want to do with this MCU incarnation of him, and they may very well. And if it's something you didn't expect at all, then don't forget that I called it first!

Anyway, I'm too tired to get into it again and it's like 9 months to see who is right, so whatever. I definitely don't interpret these quotes the same way you do. And I've read plenty from Tom and others' involved in the film for interpreting and forming my opinion, and to be clear I'm still not changing that 1 iota. We'll just have to wait and see.

Now where the Hell is that damn Thor 2 trailer already? LOL

Last edited by elizah72; 02-04-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #648
Kryptonian Titan
Most powerful being.

Quote:
*sigh* And yet again we don't agree on a large chunk of things Loki, among other things. Oh, well. Such a shame. Honestly I think Marvel can do whatever they want to do with this MCU incarnation of him, and they may very well. And if it's something you didn't expect at all, then don't forget that I called it first!

Anyway, I'm too tired to get into it again and it's like 9 months to see who is right, so whatever. I definitely don't interpret these quotes the same way you do. And I've read plenty from Tom and others' involved in the film for interpreting and forming my opinion, and to be clear I'm still not changing that 1 iota. We'll just have to wait and see.

I ask myself this question every day.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #649
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnbjorn View Post
I ask myself this question every day.
Sadly, I think it will be a while before we see it. I noticed over the weekend that there were a lot of posts to the timeline for the Iron Man Facebook page promoting the ad that was shown during the Super Bowl, and then the "extended" version of the ad. On the other hand, there has been nothing new posted to the Thor Facebook page for a long while. (Today there is a post encouraging people to look at the IM3 ad). I suspect this is a sign that they are putting all their promotional energies into Iron Man 3. Perhaps they do not want discussion of any of the other properties distracting from that film.

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 02-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #650
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Th Smile Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

I have not looked forward to a movie trailer this much in over a decade.

Yes, another new Loki fan has joined the forum.

I don't think we'll have either a devilish or an angelic Loki in Thor 2; I'm guessing the filmmakers may go for ambiguity, ie, Loki helps in the fight against the Dark Elves, but then goes rogue at the end of the film and disappears, leaving us, and Asgard, wondering if he'll be stirring up trouble somewhere . . . That leaves the door open for Loki to return as a villain or assistant villain in later films.

Closed Thread