The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 07:14 PM   #676
Bren
Forevernoob

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Until he busts a city, he's just a bridgebuster.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:14 PM   #677
ThorOdinSon
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Thor wasn't top dog. Hulk was(Loki...need I say more). Thor's fight with iron man was a joke, charging him up like a battery. That has never happens in the comics, and it was an excuse for iron man to not get beat up completely. Iron Man is no where near Thor's power level...maybe these days he is. Thor's best moment in the last battle was when he awkwardly hung to a building for dear life and took down a couple ships, and thor fans are suppose to be satisfied with that? Like I said in my oringinal post if you read it, I don't want to see thor pawning all, but I want to see him do what he does best. And that's wreck big **** up. Thor and Hulk's fight should of went off the heli carrier seeing as both heroes could survive a fall from the sky without really any damage. They should have duked it out until they knocked each other out, one of them wakes up first only to to help out with the main main battle, and then the other joined very shortly and they presume to fight the real enemy. To those who say thor put up an even fight, rewatch it, thor(before the pilots saved him) was getting thrown around like a rag doll, Loki style. But hey I can live with that, but at lease let those two cut lose where thor can use his powers and defend himself without fear of bringing down the whole ship.

Yes Iron Man made a quick call, but Thor was conviently on the ground, so the job was only for iron man. Thor flew a lot in his own movie, but they never actually show him flying, he slams into the ground and jumps into the air...the audience assumes he is flying.

So again I say I'm not looking for thor rules all. And my fustrations lie in the comics as well, these days thor losing is not an unsual sight no matter who he is fighting. The promotion of this movie is horrible and if the first thor got better promotion then this, then that's just horrible. But this movie is not getting the right promotion because all marvel cares about is it cash cow Iron Man. But I get the feeling that movie is going to be like transformers 2, pretty on the eyes, but that's about it.

Last edited by ThorOdinSon; 02-05-2013 at 07:28 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:17 PM   #678
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
*GASP!* Volstagg's kids?!?!

From IMDB cast listing http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1981115/...=tt_cl_sm#cast

Henry Calcutt... Volstagg child 1

Lilian Price... Asgardian Child

Cool! This movie will really show the people from Asgard!

Old 02-05-2013, 07:40 PM   #679
Caboose
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorOdinSon View Post
Thor wasn't top dog. Hulk was(Loki...need I say more). Thor's fight with iron man was a joke, charging him up like a battery. That has never happens in the comics, and it was an excuse for iron man to not get beat up completely. Iron Man is no where near Thor's power level...maybe these days he is. Thor's best moment in the last battle was when he awkwardly hung to a building for dear life and took down a couple ships, and thor fans are suppose to be satisfied with that? Like I said in my oringinal post if you read it, I don't want to see thor pawning all, but I want to see him do what he does best. And that's wreck big **** up. Thor and Hulk's fight should of went off the heli carrier seeing as both heroes could survive a fall from the sky without really any damage. They should have duked it out until they knocked each other out, one of them wakes up first only to to help out with the main main battle, and then the other joined very shortly and they presume to fight the real enemy. To those who say thor put up an even fight, rewatch it, thor(before the pilots saved him) was getting thrown around like a rag doll, Loki style. But hey I can live with that, but at lease let those two cut lose where thor can use his powers and defend himself without fear of bringing down the whole ship.

Yes Iron Man made a quick call, but Thor was conviently on the ground, so the job was only for iron man. Thor flew a lot in his own movie, but they never actually show him flying, he slams into the ground and jumps into the air...the audience assumes he is flying.

So again I say I'm not looking for thor rules all. And my fustrations lie in the comics as well, these days thor losing is not an unsual sight no matter who he is fighting. The promotion of this movie is horrible and if the first thor got better promotion then this, then that's just horrible. But this movie is not getting the right promotion because all marvel cares about is it cash cow Iron Man. But I get the feeling that movie is going to be like transformers 2, pretty on the eyes, but that's about it.
Cry me a river.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:56 PM   #680
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Quote:

Very interesting, and great find dude. Just found Henry Calcutt's Twitter profile and he sort of tweeted about to Jaimie.

Quote:
@JaimieAlexander hey. I was on the set of thor2 in september. I was one of volstagg's children. u showed me round...do u remember?x
https://twitter.com/calcutta12/statu...73338220048384

Last edited by marvel_freshman; 02-05-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #681
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Very interesting, and great find dude. Just found Henry Calcutt's Twitter profile and he sort of tweeted about to Jaimie.

nice! It certainly seems we'll see some Asgardian homelife then. Now, we need to know who is playing Volstagg's lovely wife?

and not a dude, I'm a lady

Old 02-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #682
ThorOdinSon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboose View Post
Cry me a river.
This is a Thor Dark World thread is it not? So what better place to discuss what I feel. Or should I post about cute Loki is? Why come to this page if you if you don't want to hear the opinion of others. So in other words this is my finger to you. My feelings on a movie, our mine to have. But production team on this movie fail, and that can't be argued. We don't even have a date for the trailer, even the president of marvel said he is worried thor will be over shadowed by Iron Man. But I'll let yal get back to discussing Loki looks, and who will be the villain in avengers 5 2020.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:23 PM   #683
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Quote:
nice! It certainly seems we'll see some Asgardian homelife then. Now, we need to know who is playing Volstagg's lovely wife?

and not a dude, I'm a lady
:: My bad I imagine Fandral will have a few baby mamas

Old 02-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #684
elizah72
Side-Kick

Marvel Freshman, when do you think we might see some Thor 2 toys?

LOL, RE: Fandral, yeah, there were some casting calls for Hot Bodies, weren't there. Curious about what exactly that's about.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:39 PM   #685
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Toy Fair starts next week, we should get a glimpse of some Thor 2 toys, if not descriptions.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #686
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Toy Fair starts next week, we should get a glimpse of some Thor 2 toys, if not descriptions.
Yeah, I saw on a report some Thor 2 figures were seen at a Toy fair but no pictures or descriptions, but that source said there was another fair in NY starting on the 9th, and it sounded like we might get more on those then. I hope, we get pictures and of more than the characters we've already seen in the flesh. Would be nice.

You've probably seen this already, but this was my source about that..
http://marvelousnews.com/news.php?ca...2&itemid=15732

Old 02-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #687
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Indeed, we may get some leaks this week

Old 02-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #688
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Hope so!!

Quote:

Looks like this is the same kid (Henry Calcutt). Someone on Tumblr pointed this out, and he has Oliver! listed on his twitter.

http://www.wimbledonguardian.co.uk/l...a_darker_edge/

Last edited by elizah72; 02-05-2013 at 10:14 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:04 PM   #689
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

yes!!!

Quote:

what?

the ironman fight was fine. It had to be that way. Make all the fans happy. you are the first thor fan I have heard speak like this.

Hulk was the scene stealer and the most fun, but Thor was the top dog. him rag dolling Loki doesn't mean anything. Circumstance, Thor had the strength to do that. as does Ironman. It was just Hulk, because Loki mocked him all movie.

Thor fought a pissed off Hulk, to Hulk's advantages, in a limmited space where he couldn't cut loose, and it was an even fight. "thor(before the pilots saved him) was getting thrown around like a rag doll, Loki style." LOL
In fact, if anything, Thor won. Rewatch it? Sure. I've watched it like a hundred times, hell, I edited it, to cut the in between scenes out. I have analyzed the fight in deptth, To put it simply. You are wrong. and as a thor fan, you should be thrilled the fight went the way it did, given thor's recent treatment, espeically in mainstream media..anyway, the fight went as follows.

Thor tackles hulk through wall. Hulk throws a punch, thor dodges it, then counters with a left hook, spinning hulk around, thor goes to follow up with an uppercut, but has to weave under hulk's flailing arms. Hulk goes for the overhead. Thor catches his punch, tries to talk him down, hulk punches him, sending thor crashing through boxes and into the hanger. Thor smiles, summons his hammer, decks hulk with the uppercut (best blow of the fight) stunning him. To the point where Hulk had to shake his head. Hulk then rips the wing of the plane, throws it at thor, thor dodges it, and throws the hammer. hulk catches it, gets sent back, can't pick it up. thor knees him in the face, staggering him a bit. he then picks up the hammer, and instead of clocking him again, he jumps on his back. Hulk jumps up, the two land crashing a few levels up in a small room, the last one. Hulk gets up first, picks up thor once, throws him to the ground, then throws him into the boxes. pilot intervenes, Hulk turns around, thor gets up and runs out of the way, clearly showing he is fine. Hulk threw thor, twice. Size helps. especially in that scenario. But rag dolling thor, Loki style? The hell dude? lets look at the fight, if we want to get analytical, cause it irritates me when people say Thor was getting his ass kicked.

Blows Thrown(including throwing, for hulk's sake)

Thor: 4
Hulk: 6

Blows Landed
Thor: 4
Hulk: 3

Thor was shown as a better fighter, he dodged hulk's punches. Each one of thor's attempted attacks connected, except for the throw. Hulk got the quick small advantage at the end of the fight, in that small area. Had that fight stayed in the open hanger, and thor used his hammer as..a hammer, there is no reason to think that he would end up loosing that fight. He was in complete control of that fight until they went up.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

In my opinion, Thor soloing like 50 frost giants>Hulk jumping around smashing chitauri

Thor one shotting two Leviathan with Lightning>Hulk one shotting one.

He destroyed a city size landscape in jotenheim in his solo movie.

Thor has been made the top dog of the heroes, against most of our assumptions. Stop complaining, and be happy like the rest of the thor fans. damn dude, don't be so quick to hate.... Nothing you are saying makes any sense

Last edited by jaqua99; 02-06-2013 at 12:18 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:10 PM   #690
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Right? That leviathan lightning attack was badass. TWO of those bastards down from one lightning attack. Only you, Thor.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:16 PM   #691
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Right? That leviathan lightning attack was badass. TWO of those bastards down from one lightning attack. Only you, Thor.
Exactly. and again, he destroyed like...a city cize land scape in his soloo movie, with one freakin lightning blow. People seem to forget about that. Biggest display of destructive power in the MCU so far. No other hero has even come close, and given the scale in the MCU, that may be the feat by which all other heroes/characters are judged

Old 02-05-2013, 11:26 PM   #692
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

hahaha KICK BUTT!!!! Volstagg offspring!!!!

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 02-05-2013, 11:28 PM   #693
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
sahweet!
it's about danged time! lol

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 02-06-2013, 12:18 AM   #694
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
sahweet!
it's about danged time! lol
seriously!

Old 02-06-2013, 12:45 AM   #695
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Quote:
This is a Thor Dark World thread is it not? So what better place to discuss what I feel. Or should I post about cute Loki is? Why come to this page if you if you don't want to hear the opinion of others. So in other words this is my finger to you. My feelings on a movie, our mine to have. But production team on this movie fail, and that can't be argued. We don't even have a date for the trailer, even the president of marvel said he is worried thor will be over shadowed by Iron Man. But I'll let yal get back to discussing Loki looks, and who will be the villain in avengers 5 2020.
Good grammar, keep crying Geesh

Old 02-06-2013, 12:50 AM   #696
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
But production team on this movie fail, and that can't be argued. We don't even have a date for the trailer, even the president of marvel said he is worried thor will be over shadowed by Iron Man.
The problem is that a lot of us who have been on the Hype for quite some time(or message boards in general)always hear the same whining from fans not getting what they want when they want it.

The movie does not come out until November. That's a few months shy of a whole year. We're probably not going to get a teaser until April, or May in front of IM3. It's still incredibly early. This happens with every comic film that fans are excited for. They always want a teaser or first trailer right away, regardless of when the film comes out. It's best to release the teasers/trailers closer to when the film is going to be released. That way, it's fresh in the minds of the general audience.

I also think it's ridiculous that some think Thor will be overshadowed by IM. The movies are roughly six months apart. This isn't like 2008 when TIH came out shortly a month after the first Iron Man film and due to being Marvel's first film, they had to use most of their advertising budget for IM over the Hulk.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:51 AM   #697
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Random thought.

If Baldur is ever in this, I'd like for them to take the A:EMH approach and just make him a close friend and ally of Thor who thinks of him as a brother.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:31 AM   #698
Avenger
Earth's Mightiest Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
I also think it's ridiculous that some think Thor will be overshadowed by IM. The movies are roughly six months apart. This isn't like 2008 when TIH came out shortly a month after the first Iron Man film and due to being Marvel's first film, they had to use most of their advertising budget for IM over the Hulk.
Also, Chris Hemsworth is now a bonafide star himself. To put it in music terms, he's quickly shot up the charts ever since Thor came out (though technically his mainstream breakthrough was in the terrific opening sequence for Star Trek). Last time it was "Thor, starring Chris Hemsworth." This time around, it's "Chris Hemsworth stars in Thor: The Dark World."

That may not sound like much of a difference to most folks, but in the world of Hollywood it really means a lot. People will go see the movie now simply because Hemsworth is headlining it. TDW isn't going to be overshadowed by IM3 at all.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:27 AM   #699
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
Also, Chris Hemsworth is now a bonafide star himself. To put it in music terms, he's quickly shot up the charts ever since Thor came out (though technically his mainstream breakthrough was in the terrific opening sequence for Star Trek). Last time it was "Thor, starring Chris Hemsworth." This time around, it's "Chris Hemsworth stars in Thor: The Dark World."

That may not sound like much of a difference to most folks, but in the world of Hollywood it really means a lot. People will go see the movie now simply because Hemsworth is headlining it. TDW isn't going to be overshadowed by IM3 at all.
Yeah and a lot of people forget, having Thor's trailer debut in front of Iron Man 3 is actually a very smart move... Tons of people are definitely going to watch Iron Man 3 and most GA members who don't follow all these stories about Marvel and there Phase Plans, who just go watch the films when they see the ad on TV or hear about from friends.

Having Thor's trailer attached to Iron Man would equally conjure excitement and a little since of nostalgia from seeing Iron Man and Thor kick-ass in Avengers. If anything Iron Man would boast people's interest in Thor, just as Thor would boast interest in Captain America. Which n turn would boast interest in seeing all these characters reunite for Avengers 2.

FILMRAPS.BLOGSPOT.COM
Old 02-06-2013, 03:31 AM   #700
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
It's never enough until he's a full-on Mary Sue. Fortunately Marvel has the wits to not glorify one character at the expense of all the others.
It should say ALOT that I'm satifisfied with Thor's overall treatment in the MCU.

Everyone use to think I wanted Thor to be a "Mary Sue", but I didn't all I wanted was for Thor to be treated with respect which he was. So it blows my mind that there are STILL people out there who act as if Thor was treated like FF's Doctor Doom.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Closed Thread