The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 01:11 AM   #751
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Considering the the location, scenario etc it makes perfect sense to me that the Hulk started to get the upper hand in that fight.

My biggest 'issue' was that Thor wasn't hovering in the air, body covered in and eyes blazing with lightning when he did the strike on the portal - Opportunity for viewer awe missed there.

I so hope we get something like that in TDW or Avengers 2.
**** yeah dude, just like in A:EMH when Thor asked "Where...is...Ultron!"

It happens at 5:42 secs
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
honestly, I think his strength is fine. Maybe increase it just a little more. I want to see more of his powers explored apposed to more strength feats

And when he summons lightning, no more "just" lightning. I want to see big storms, with LOTS of lightning and wind..personally I would like to see the lightning coursing through him, and through his eyes
Yeah Thor's strength level is fine, the only thing I would like for them to do is to present more opportunities for him show it. Like stopping a bridge from collapsing or a runway bus/trolley type vehicle, heck even picking up and throwing extremely arge objects.

I also want to see Thor's strength effect his surrounds during fights, like knocking craters into the ground or knocking his enemies through several walls. I agree with what your opinion on Thor's lightning being more storm-like with the addition of wind usage, that would be tops

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 02-08-2013 at 01:19 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:12 AM   #752
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
You speculating about what the "couple of CG characters" in the throne room might be that Victoria Alonso mentioned?

My guess: Kurse and the malevolent spirit.
Yup, who knows, could be anything lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
New AAA interview (though nothing really new within). sounds like the Marvel snipers might have come knocking at his door already. LOL

AND interesting additions to the IMDB, STUNT doubles have been added for both Darcy Lewis (which I found a short time ago elsewhere) and Jonathan Howard (who plays Ian Boothby in Thor 2 according to IMDB)
lol he loves it he loves it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
**** yeah dude, just like in A:EMH when Thor asked "Where...is...Ultron!"

It happens at 5:42 secs
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Yeah Thor's strength level is fine, the only thing I would like for them to do is to present more opportunities for him show it. Like stopping a bridge from collapsing or a runway bus/trolley type vehicle, heck even picking up and throwing extremely arge objects.

I also want to see Thor's strength effect his surrounds during fights, like knocking craters into the ground or knocking his enemies through several walls. I agree with what your opinion on Thor's lightning being more storm-like with the addition of wind usage, that would be tops
yeah. His powers just seem like..powers so far. They are certainly great and incredibly power, but that's the vibe these lightning bolts give off. Powerful, yes, but not godly.

though, that storm when he lands on the quinjet, and when he and loki land on the mountain, that was a pretty big ass storm, and that was thor, I assume

Old 02-08-2013, 04:39 AM   #753
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Crave Online has seen footage, according to their interview with Marvel's Executive Vice President of VFX

http://www.craveonline.com/film/inte...n-the-avengers
Crave described the TDW footage as a "teaser". Over at the boxoffice.com forums, the member who first broke news of IM3's Super Bowl ad said a Thor teaser is coming in mid April. That's too long to wait.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:42 AM   #754
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Mid April? Great God, that's a long time.

IRON MAN III - THOR: THE DARK WORLD - CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
Old 02-08-2013, 05:36 AM   #755
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Yes, but it's scheduled to coincide with the premiere of Iron Man 3. Thor's teaser will come out a week or two before IM3 hits in internationally, then it will play ahead of it in theaters. That will give TDW a tremendous publicity boost. The first full theatrical trailer should come out in late summer, to be attached to some of the major blockbusters.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:31 AM   #756
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Well, iIm certainly not disappointed, as I expected the teaser around April anyway.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:44 AM   #757
Idun
Destroyer of snowmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnbjorn View Post
Well, iIm certainly not disappointed, as I expected the teaser around April anyway.
As much as I have expected this ^, a girl can hope to be wrong - in a positive way. *wistful*

Old 02-08-2013, 08:53 AM   #758
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idun View Post
As much as I have expected this ^, a girl can hope to be wrong - in a positive way. *wistful*
Nice to see one of the Vanir around here.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:59 AM   #759
Idun
Destroyer of snowmen

Thank you. May I tempt you with an apple?

Old 02-08-2013, 09:11 AM   #760
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idun View Post
Thank you. May I tempt you with an apple?
Only if it's a Golden Apple.

- All I ask for is all that I already have.

- I bear no responsibility towards those who are the architects of their own problems. This is exactly what they've asked their willingly chosen slave drivers for...drama. So leave me out of it.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #761
Idun
Destroyer of snowmen

Of course. Only the best.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #762
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

lol Of COURSE lol

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 02-08-2013, 11:11 AM   #763
BoredGuy
Killing Time

I'm Surprised it took Marvel so long to shut Adewale up
He was talking freely about everything, I guess he didn't read his non-disclosure agreement
It was refreshing reading interviews where the actor didn't try to avoid every question

Old 02-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #764
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
He was talking freely about everything, I guess he didn't read his non-disclosure agreement
It was refreshing reading interviews where the actor didn't try to avoid every question
Somewhere Tom Hiddleston is breathing a sigh of relief that the Marvel Sniper is not after him for once.

- I bear no responsibility towards those who are the architects of their own problems. This is exactly what they've asked their willingly chosen slave drivers for...drama. So leave me out of it.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #765
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Good for AAA though. I love his enthusiasm, and I am really anxious to see Kurse. Given what he said, I think there will be atleast an attempt to kill malekith

Old 02-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #766
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Good for AAA though.
Fully agree. His own passion, delight, and enthusiasm helped fuel the enthusiasm of fans who were starved for tidbits about the movie. I am still savoring AAA's quotes about the film. He's my hero!

Old 02-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #767
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Agreed, the guy loves it. Enthusiasm is great for a role, ie Hiddleston. I think AAA is guna be great, too bad it's just for this one movie

Old 02-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #768
TacomaTruck90
Side-Kick

I wouldnt mind if TDW had a trailer attadched to Man Of Steel...when I saw Avengers last year a TDKR was attached to it.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:27 PM   #769
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Was anyone else morbidly interested in seeing Thor land his hammer strike down on Iron Man as he was on the ground, before Stark kicked on his repulsors and flew away? I seriously loved every second of when he was crushing Iron Man's metal and then head butted his arse.

I wonder if after having seen what Cap's shield did to block the hammer attack, Stark might be interested in obtaining vibranium.
It wouldn't surprise me if Tony actually decides to build the Hulk Buster Armor and coat the outer layer with a thin layer of vibranium. That is if he can get his hands on any. There's only one place on earth that has it and they're not sell'n.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 02-09-2013, 12:46 AM   #770
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
Very refreshing, I thought I was the only one who felt that way.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 02-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #771
Rock Sexton
Banned User

What if it's Skuttlebutt that crashes into Asgard? I mean after all, the Korbonites are tied into the Twilight Sword and many here are speculating Surtur's involvement in the movie and especially the 3rd one.

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 02-09-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:47 AM   #772
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
What if it's Skuttlebutt that crashes into Asgard?

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 02-09-2013, 10:48 AM   #773
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Hahah I remember that South Park episode.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #774
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Fan-made, but still very cool!

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 02-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #775
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

^Nifty!

Closed Thread