The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 12:31 AM   #876
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Every package for Thor Dark world that was out on display had Thor WEARING the helmet.
I'm betting because Loki did what he did in Avengers he was "dethroned" offically making Thor King as was never finished in the first movie.
I thought the end of Thor made it seem pretty clear that Odin was still king and that Thor still had a ways to go.

Have we seen one shot of Thor from the film with him wearing the helmet? I am sure he will wear it at some point, but not for a majority of the film. Not even for a good chuck. He will fight without it.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:12 AM   #877
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
Lol guilty. Glad to see that you are in fact, a man.
God damn haha. I am offended, enver has that happened to me. I literally have no femine qualities, I'm a solid loud mouth italian haha

Old 02-12-2013, 02:14 AM   #878
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Its not always easy to tell who is who through text.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:36 AM   #879
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Hell YES to both of those points bro, I REALLY like the armor Thor's wearing under that cloak. I hope he actually wears it for a decent amount of time in the film, maybe even in a fight scene (with his red cape instead of the cloak).

Oh and the lightning around Mjolnir looks BADASSSS, I'd love to see that happen during some close combat, storm attacks, and even a hammer throw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post

On a side note, Thor's armor underneath that cloak looks fantastic... seriously, his armors/suits in this movie are a major upgrade from the last two movies. And I hope Mjolnir actually looks like that with the lightning around it.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 02-12-2013, 04:14 AM   #880
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Isn't that the same armor he has been seen wearing without the chainmail arms?

Old 02-12-2013, 04:48 AM   #881
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
you thought I was a woman!!!!!!!!?

here we go lol

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 02-12-2013, 05:10 AM   #882
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Isn't that the same armor he has been seen wearing without the chainmail arms?
Kinda sorta except it has more gold incorporated in the outfit, especially around the shoulder area.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 02-12-2013, 05:42 AM   #883
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Kinda sorta except it has more gold incorporated in the outfit, especially around the shoulder area.
Ah, I see it. Perhaps it is just how the armor looks without the cape?

Old 02-12-2013, 09:38 AM   #884
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
lol maybe so

I heard that thor is a general in thor 2

It is a little vague.
Heard that too but Kings can be general's too. lol SOME King's are well adapted to lead in war. lol

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 02-12-2013, 09:47 AM   #885
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

If Thor is King, why was he sent to Earth by Odin in the Avengers?

Old 02-12-2013, 09:47 AM   #886
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Hell YES to both of those points bro, I REALLY like the armor Thor's wearing under that cloak. I hope he actually wears it for a decent amount of time in the film, maybe even in a fight scene (with his red cape instead of the cloak).

Oh and the lightning around Mjolnir looks BADASSSS, I'd love to see that happen during some close combat, storm attacks, and even a hammer throw.
I want to see the new Mjolnir in action. lol

....to every King.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #887
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
If Thor is King, why was he sent to Earth by Odin in the Avengers?
To bring back his nutjob Brother lol Brotherly reasoning didn't work so he had to be rough like any other Brother lol

....to every King.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #888
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
To bring back his nutjob Brother lol Brotherly reasoning didn't work so he had to be rough like any other Brother lol
I know why he was there. My point is that if Thor is king, why was he doing the bidding of Odin. Odin is still king. At least that is how I took it.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #889
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Because Odin is still capable to rule while Thor is gone. The whole reason there's need of a KING other than rule on Asgard is when Odin goes into the Odin Sleep.
In the comics there's a ranking for that. If Thor isn't there then it was Balder or Sif who were Acting "King" ruler WITH a portion of the Odin Force until Odin was awake to continue.
KING Thor had more Odin force than Odin at one point but I highly doubt that Marvel will go into the sacrifing they had to do to gain those powers

....to every King.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:15 AM   #890
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Yes, but my point is that Thor is sent to earth by Odin to fetch Loki, indicating Odin is still in fact king. Thor is never once indicates he is in fact now king of Asgard and the ending of the first film indicates he doesn't see himself ready to be king.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:24 AM   #891
American Maid
Side-Kick

Well, we have the report of the footage that was shown at the Italian film conference. It included a mention of a recitation of an oath of office. That suggests that Thor is sworn in as king of Asgard during Thor2. It's possible, though, that that is shown in flashback.

I don't think Thor is king at the end of Thor1. Thor is shown leaving the funeral feast in honor of his brother. It seems a bit unseemly to have the coronation before the funeral. Besides, it's a significant enough event in Thor's life that I think they would show at least part of it. Lastly, Odin says, when Thor comes up to him, "You'll be a wise king." (i.e., in the future) That could be stated at the beginning of Thor's reign, but in light of the other details, I think it was stated prior to Thor's coronation.

Regarding The Avengers, it seems a little odd that a king would travel to another realm without a retinue. But to my recollection, there's nothing that outright contradicts that scenario. So it's possible.

Having Thor king throughout Thor2 would solve the plot problem of keeping Odin from solving everything--Odin would be trying not to interfere with someone else's rule.

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 02-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #892
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Think about it THIS way, Odin is the ALL FATHER he has to keep an eye on ALL the realms in the universe, Thor, or who ever, would only be King of Asgard and still has to answer to Odin.
Think about the U.S. having a main leader (the pres.) with a bunch of regional leaders.

....to every King.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:40 AM   #893
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I though Odin was king and Thor was Crown Prince (King in waiting). I thought the ceremony was to offically swear in Thor as Odins heir and successor.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #894
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
I though Odin was king and Thor was Crown Prince (King in waiting). I thought the ceremony was to offically swear in Thor as Odins heir and successor.
No the cerimony was to make Thor KING. Remember,
Thor: "As KING of Asgard..."
Odin: "BUT you're NOT King, Not yet"
Loki interfered at the last minute and the swearing in wasn't finished, litterally by a few words.

....to every King.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #895
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Well, we have the report of the footage that was shown at the Italian film conference. It included a mention of a recitation of an oath of office. That suggests that Thor is sworn in as king of Asgard during Thor2. It's possible, though, that that is shown in flashback.

I don't think Thor is king at the end of Thor1. Thor is shown leaving the funeral feast in honor of his brother. It seems a bit unseemly to have the coronation before the funeral. Besides, it's a significant enough event in Thor's life that I think they would show at least part of it. Lastly, Odin says, when Thor comes up to him, "You'll be a wise king." (i.e., in the future) That could be stated at the beginning of Thor's reign, but in light of the other details, I think it was stated prior to Thor's coronation.

Regarding The Avengers, it seems a little odd that a king would travel to another realm without a retinue. But to my recollection, there's nothing that outright contradicts that scenario. So it's possible.

Having Thor king throughout Thor2 would solve the plot problem of keeping Odin from solving everything--Odin would be trying not to interfere with someone else's rule.
Yeah, I agree with this.

Quote:
Think about it THIS way, Odin is the ALL FATHER he has to keep an eye on ALL the realms in the universe, Thor, or who ever, would only be King of Asgard and still has to answer to Odin.
Think about the U.S. having a main leader (the pres.) with a bunch of regional leaders.
But when did this happen?

Old 02-12-2013, 10:59 AM   #896
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Yeah, I agree with this.

But when did this happen?
It's been that way for as Long as Odin Collected the Relics in the vaults since before Thor was even born. I don't think they'll go into the creation of the universe, but Odin's Father did that. Bor died and Odin took over as All-Father. THOR would take over as All-Father when Odin dies and appoint a King for Asgard.
Think of it as a safe guard Like the Vice-President to the President.
There's also the ranks of the gods too lol

....to every King.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #897
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
It's been that way for as Long as Odin Collected the Relics in the vaults since before Thor was even born. I don't think they'll go into the creation of the universe, but Odin's Father did that. Bor died and Odin took over as All-Father. THOR would take over as All-Father when Odin dies and appoint a King for Asgard.
Think of it as a safe guard Like the Vice-President to the President.
There's also the ranks of the gods too lol
No, I read Thor. I understand how it all works. And usually when Odin is alive, he is king. My point is that in the films Odin is alive, not in the sleep and there is no indication that Thor is now king.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:37 AM   #898
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Thor is shown leaving the funeral feast in honor of his brother.
There was a feast, but I don't remember seeing any indication it was in honor of Loki or that there was an actual funeral.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:04 PM   #899
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
Hahahahahaha ......

Old 02-12-2013, 02:24 PM   #900
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyscratch View Post
There was a feast, but I don't remember seeing any indication it was in honor of Loki or that there was an actual funeral.
Well, in The Avengers, Thor tells Loki that everyone mourned him. Most cultures have some sort of ritual on the occasion of a death. So it is likely that they would have had some sort of ceremony (not depicted), though it probably would not look like a funeral any of us might have attended. (And it's not uncommon for there to be a gathering for a meal afterward.)

At the feast at the end of Thor1, Sif offers her condolences to Frigga. People often do that the next time they see someone after a death. So this suggests this is the first big gathering since Thor's and Loki's confrontation on the Bifrost. My recollection is that Sif at least is dressed up for it. A death in the family is a pretty significant event, so it seems odd that they would be hosting a party for some other reason at that point in time.

So while it's true that they don't explicitly say that it is a funeral feast, it seems like a reasonable interpretation of that scene.

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Closed Thread