The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #951
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
between Avengers and Thor 2
See, to me, that's something that NEEDS to happen on screen

Quote:
I would wait until Thor 3 like part of the Avengers BIG Finale they said was to happen in 2017.
Tho I would leave it open like they did in the books. Have a scene open with black, light slowly focusing in on a body until you see it's Odin. then he wakes and the the movie ends.
I expect a massive presence, and Surtur to be revealed after the credits

Old 02-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #952
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
when are you hypothesizing Thor is made king? Between Thor1 and The Avengers? Between The Avengers and Thor2? Or during Thor2? Thx.
Quote:
between Avengers and Thor 2
Thanks!

That's certainly possible. It seems like the battle at Bourne Woods is quite early in the film. Having a coronation before that might make it slow to get into the action. And I agree with your earlier point that one can be monarch and general at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I tend to agree. It's a very important moment in Thor's life (and that will make any abdication on his part that much more significant.) But they may feel like showing a second coronation ceremony would be redundant with the one in Thor1. So it's possible they use the oath of office we heard about from the Italian film festival in a flashback.

It's also possible that they do some sort of hasty swearing-in mid-film, along the lines of how Loki assumed the office in Thor1.

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 02-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #953
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I'd imagine they'd do a Flashback, but, Loki saying he WAS King and the Other making it plain he wasn't any more, I'm sure there will be things only hinted at. Besides with only two words to go I don't see Why Odin would need to do a FULL coronation again. lol

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 02-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #954
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I'd imagine they'd do a Flashback, but, Loki saying he WAS King and the Other making it plain he wasn't any more, I'm sure there will be things only hinted at. Besides with only two words to go I don't see Why Odin would need to do a FULL coronation again. lol

We know Loki was king though. The fact that he fell off the bridge into the abyss would suggest that he WAS king. At the end of thor, in the dining room, Odin and Thor are in there. Talking. Odin tells him that "you will be a wise king one day"

to me, that suggests that for now (at that point, and during avengers) Odin is still the king of asgard. I expect a coronation to happen in real time at the beginning of the film

Old 02-14-2013, 06:39 PM   #955
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
We know Loki was king though. The fact that he fell off the bridge into the abyss would suggest that he WAS king. At the end of thor, in the dining room, Odin and Thor are in there. Talking. Odin tells him that "you will be a wise king one day"

to me, that suggests that for now (at that point, and during avengers) Odin is still the king of asgard. I expect a coronation to happen in real time at the beginning of the film
I understand that loki was acting king while thor was banished and odin was sleeping but can you explain how "the fall off of the bridge into the abyss suggests that he WAS king?" Im not being a ****. Im honestly wondering what you meant by that.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:29 PM   #956
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post
I understand that loki was acting king while thor was banished and odin was sleeping but can you explain how "the fall off of the bridge into the abyss suggests that he WAS king?" Im not being a ****. Im honestly wondering what you meant by that.
errr WASN'T**** my bad..typo :P I meant that it is clear that once he left, he clearly wasnt king anymore.

and on that note, let me just say...Valentine's Day can kiss my ass, atleast the restaurant business aspect of it can. Never have I got my ass kicked so hard by a 6 hour shift

Old 02-14-2013, 11:12 PM   #957
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
errr WASN'T**** my bad..typo :P I meant that it is clear that once he left, he clearly wasnt king anymore.

and on that note, let me just say...Valentine's Day can kiss my ass, atleast the restaurant business aspect of it can. Never have I got my ass kicked so hard by a 6 hour shift
Thanks for the clarification.
Im a chef, so I know how you feel about V-day.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:13 PM   #958
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Probably comparable to delivering pizzas on Super Bowl Sunday. Over $350 in tips if memory serves AND I got to follow the game pretty well from house to house lol. Easier money was never made.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 02-14-2013, 11:59 PM   #959
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Probably comparable to delivering pizzas on Super Bowl Sunday. Over $350 in tips if memory serves AND I got to follow the game pretty well from house to house lol. Easier money was never made.
hahah true. However, this sucked. I am not a waitor, I was forced to buss tonight unfortunately, not my normal position, but it was brutal haha

Old 02-15-2013, 12:11 AM   #960
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
hahah true. However, this sucked. I am not a waitor, I was forced to buss tonight unfortunately, not my normal position, but it was brutal haha
I can see how that would blow. Condolences.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 02-15-2013, 04:20 AM   #961
Idun
Destroyer of snowmen

Quote:
That I know all about. You have my sympathies. It's the only time any of my old colleagues approach me, because naturally it's PANIC! and they can't find staff. I always turn them down, because no matter what they say, I know my Valentine. The only way to work Valentine's is to have ONE set menu, pre-bookings only, and two sittings, all made clear when taking bookings. If not, it's going to kill the poor staff, and too many realise this too late, when the excrement is already travelling through the ventilation device.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:21 AM   #962
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Though I think Odin's death should be at Surtur's hands as well. Do you still think Surtur will be the final act of this film? Or thor 3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Plus, story-wise, Odin's death should be reserved for Surtur....I certainly wouldn't want to see a villain as low-tier as Malekith or Kurse take out the freakin' All-Father.
Exactly and whoever doesn't agree with this really don't know much about Thor's universe.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 02-15-2013, 07:56 AM   #963
Godzilla2000
Eternal Guardian of Light

This is just conjecture on my part but maybe Surtur shows up at the end of this movie and takes out Odin setting up the events for the next movie.

"Ignorance is not bliss"

- With me there is no game, no preplanned risk, only the same chance as any other mortal human in this world of an uninterrupted life not cut short intentionally by others' machinations.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:00 AM   #964
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

That's a pretty huge event to relegate to a tag at the end of the movie. If he's going to kill Odin, I'd rather have it happen at the beginning of the next one.

Then again, I don't think that's happening. The Ragnarok story isn't something you cover in one movie.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:10 AM   #965
Godzilla2000

I think of it as Odin sacrificing himself in a climactic battle with Surtur to save both Thor and Loki. Not quite what I'd call a tag.

"Ignorance is not bliss"

- With me there is no game, no preplanned risk, only the same chance as any other mortal human in this world of an uninterrupted life not cut short intentionally by others' machinations.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:13 AM   #966
elizah72
Side-Kick

If the scene numbers on the clapperboards are any indication, there is definitely significant time left AFTER The big fight with Malekith and Dark Elf invasion of Earth for another BIG final confrontation with *something*

Old 02-15-2013, 08:31 AM   #967
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

We haven't seen enough of Odin yet in the MCU. It's too early to think about killing him off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
If the scene numbers on the clapperboards are any indication, there is definitely significant time left AFTER The big fight with Malekith and Dark Elf invasion of Earth for another BIG final confrontation with *something*
Like...Kurse?

Old 02-15-2013, 08:34 AM   #968
Godzilla2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
We haven't seen enough of Odin yet in the MCU. It's too early to think about killing him off.
I agree but that again may be dependent on Anthony Hopkins and his willingness to reprise the role in not just another Thor movie but the other Marvel movies as well.

"Ignorance is not bliss"

Old 02-15-2013, 08:38 AM   #969
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Marvel will do what they see fit, of course, but it seems crazy short-sighted to kill off a character like that just because the actor doesn't feel like reprising the role. And really, it's not like they've shied away from re-casting before .

Old 02-15-2013, 08:39 AM   #970
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

I was saying there's MORE to Loki's becoming King than what was SHOWN either in the deleated scenes or the Script. It was only suggested WHEN it happened at best.

Yes I do agree about the Wise king ONE DAY part, I was just stating at the very beginning of the conversation that just because Thor's a General doesn't mean he can't also be king.
None of us Knows when Odin makes him General or for what reason either. Is it to Help Odin after Frigga's killed, because Odin trusted her advice? Is it because Odin's grief is too much and Thor's help is needed?

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Last edited by Vartha; 02-15-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:48 AM   #971
Godzilla2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Marvel will do what they see fit, of course, but it seems crazy short-sighted to kill off a character like that just because the actor doesn't feel like reprising the role. And really, it's not like they've shied away from re-casting before .
No, they haven't shied away from recasting but this is Sir Anthony Hopkins we're talking about. They'd be hard pressed to find a seasoned actor who could fill such lofty shoes.

"Ignorance is not bliss"

Old 02-15-2013, 09:07 AM   #972
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Everybody is replaceable. I love Hopkins, but it's not like he's defined the role of Odin for a generation. He hasn't had enough to do yet.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #973
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

But I'll point out that Hopkins hasn't shown the slightest reluctance to continue his role. Unlike, say, Gwyneth Paltrow or Natalie Portman.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-15-2013, 10:32 AM   #974
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
But I'll point out that Hopkins hasn't shown the slightest reluctance to continue his role. Unlike, say, Gwyneth Paltrow or Natalie Portman.
What did she say?

http://myth-smith.com/
Old 02-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #975
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

^ true. I just feel like Odin needs to have an impact before he dies. Surtur should be the only one to kill him. Hell, he's the only one in the mcu (assuming he's present) capable of being able to do so.

Just not sure when Surtur appears. I hope he's not some like..big old dinosaur final boss battle type thing. Even as a 200 foot demon, I would hope he has lines and is a legitimate character opposed to just a giant monster demon