The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #176
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
What will really suck...I hope it doesn't ever happen, but it is in the realm of possibility that they might one day in the future venture into other kinds of movies. And that would mean longer periods of time between Comic Book movies with finances going elsewhere. Like I said I don't think it will happen anytime soon, but the idea of it stinks. It's just paranoia that has no root at this point. Just an observation.
I honestly do not think that Marvel will ever branch out into non-CBM movies. Comic Book movies are their area of expertise, and, as Kevin Feige is wont to point out, Marvel owns some 5,000 characters that they can potentially use. Disney acquired Marvel specifically to exploit that rich mine of heroes and history. The parent studio has branches that develop and produce movies in other genres, so there is no reason for Marvel to abandon its primary mandate.

This is especially true when you consider that Marvel only produces two movies per year. Why would Disney allow Marvel to waste its resources on non-comics properties when there are so many characters and stories within its own catalog to explore?

Old 01-08-2013, 12:06 PM   #177
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

^^Good point.

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 01-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #178
BoredGuy
Killing Time

^ exactly

Plus with the range of characters they have, Marvel can easily make a movie based on one of their properties that most people wouldn't think of as a "comic book movie"

Old 01-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #179
Adamantium
Your King

I just meant it wouldn't surprise me but I'm hopeful they don't because it could hinder the flow of CBM movies we get and how often. Silly me wasn't considering that Disney owns them so they don't need to. I wish they'd make some more animated movies, I've enjoyed those.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #180
Doc Ock
The Desolation of Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Another!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Awesome! Thank you. Getting more and more excited. I like the idea of seeing more Asgard, I felt we got so little in the first film.

A Member of Raimi's "Spider-Man Trilogy" Fans | YOU MUST WATCH DOCTOR WHO | Love Smallville | I still believe in heroes Marvel Studios.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #181
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
Plus with the range of characters they have, Marvel can easily make a movie based on one of their properties that most people wouldn't think of as a "comic book movie"
That's an intriguing thought. What might that entail?

(I've been focused on Thor, the rest of the Avengers, and their supporting casts. I'm not as familiar with other characters that Marvel might have so I'm curious!)

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 01-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #182
Doc Ock
The Desolation of Spidey

The Punisher comes to mind.

A Member of Raimi's "Spider-Man Trilogy" Fans | YOU MUST WATCH DOCTOR WHO | Love Smallville | I still believe in heroes Marvel Studios.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:35 PM   #183
Flemm
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
Starting this whole thing in the first place, taking out a loan of hundreds of millions for IM & TIH (If they tanked, no more Marvel Studios), introducing the heros in solo films first, then actually bringing them all together (and hiring a guy with only one previous film, which bombed at the BO, & no big budget experience to do it) were all bigger risks than GotG & AM which, after the huge success of TA, can fall back on the Marvel brand to help sell - "from the people that brought you The Avengers".

GotG & AM are in a damn good position, a far better position than any Phase 1 films were.
I think that's probably true. With Avengers being the massive success that it was, it's just hard for anyone, in hindsight, to realize what a tightrope the studio was actually walking at that point.

The excitement for Avengers is going to be off the charts.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #184
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
I agree. Only if the movie in question is a colossal stinker, the stench of which is unprecedented, will the movie flop. The more likely downside is that it does merely okay.
Exactly. Avengers has set the stage for MCU movies. I think Avengers mere existance is a good thing for the rest of these films lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I honestly do not think that Marvel will ever branch out into non-CBM movies. Comic Book movies are their area of expertise, and, as Kevin Feige is wont to point out, Marvel owns some 5,000 characters that they can potentially use. Disney acquired Marvel specifically to exploit that rich mine of heroes and history. The parent studio has branches that develop and produce movies in other genres, so there is no reason for Marvel to abandon its primary mandate.

This is especially true when you consider that Marvel only produces two movies per year. Why would Disney allow Marvel to waste its resources on non-comics properties when there are so many characters and stories within its own catalog to explore?
Quote:
^^Good point.
very good point. I think it is ridiculous that they would do that. Marvel studios, right? Why do anything besides cbm's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
I just meant it wouldn't surprise me but I'm hopeful they don't because it could hinder the flow of CBM movies we get and how often. Silly me wasn't considering that Disney owns them so they don't need to. I wish they'd make some more animated movies, I've enjoyed those.
Really? It would certainly surprise me

Old 01-08-2013, 04:33 PM   #185
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
The Punisher comes to mind.

The Punisher has already had two films (three if you count the Dolph Lundgren version) and has failed to catch on with the general audience. He would be better if used as a minor foil to other characters in their films rather than having him star on his own again. Marvel has so many great characters who have never appeared in films and who tie in with other franchises (The Avengers, GotG, a potential Defenders franchise) that it would be wasteful to focus on one who has had several films without success.

I really want to see The Defenders one day. They just need to get Namor and Doctor Strange off the ground and it will be good to go.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #186
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:

I really want to see The Defenders one day. They just need to get Namor and Doctor Strange off the ground and it will be good to go.

Agreed

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 01-08-2013, 07:13 PM   #187
Doc Ock
The Desolation of Spidey

Quote:
The Punisher has already had two films (three if you count the Dolph Lundgren version) and has failed to catch on with the general audience. He would be better if used as a minor foil to other characters in their films rather than having him star on his own again. Marvel has so many great characters who have never appeared in films and who tie in with other franchises (The Avengers, GotG, a potential Defenders franchise) that it would be wasteful to focus on one who has had several films without success.

I meant that The Punisher would be a example of a character people might not think as a Marvel Comic Book.

Defenders would be sweet, but I would be more interested in a Doc Strange solo film. I mean I know Defenders could follow but...I dunno.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:53 AM   #188
Kryptonian Titan
Most powerful being.

Quote:

Now that would be amazing.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #189
elizah72
Side-Kick

Jaimie again, talking about her injury during Thor 2. Glad she's better.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/movies/870...s-thor-2.jhtml

few bits on Thor 2, a few new weapons for Sif ?
explore a few different realms, everyday life at Asgard...

Old 01-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #190
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Jaimie again, talking about her injury during Thor 2. Glad she's better.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/movies/870...s-thor-2.jhtml

few bits on Thor 2, a few new weapons for Sif ?
explore a few different realms, everyday life at Asgard...
She can't answer whether Sif spends time on Earth? Curious.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #191
American Maid
Side-Kick

Here's another curious bit: Natalie Portman has been spotted back in LA (so her part must be done), and she's back to being a brunette. She was blonde for the Terrence Mallick film, and she was spotted with blonde hair still one weekend during the time that she was shooting Thor2. And of course we noticed in the University of Greenwich photos that she wore a brunette wig.

At the time I had assumed her next project (Jane Got a Gun) would also require her to be blonde. It's hard on the hair to keep re-dying it, so I thought maybe that's why she used the wig during Thor2.

But if she was going to dye it brunette again anyway, why wait until after Thor2?

Old 01-09-2013, 03:50 PM   #192
elizah72
Side-Kick

maybe it had something to do with the length of her hair? I don't know.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #193
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

..what is the point of the Defenders? are they like more badass avengers?

Old 01-09-2013, 08:11 PM   #194
Kryptonian Titan
Most powerful being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
..what is the point of the Defenders? are they like more badass avengers?
They are more like a bunch of powerful loners who only get together when things get really ugly.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:07 PM   #195
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

Quote:
Here's another curious bit: Natalie Portman has been spotted back in LA (so her part must be done), and she's back to being a brunette. She was blonde for the Terrence Mallick film, and she was spotted with blonde hair still one weekend during the time that she was shooting Thor2. And of course we noticed in the University of Greenwich photos that she wore a brunette wig.

At the time I had assumed her next project (Jane Got a Gun) would also require her to be blonde. It's hard on the hair to keep re-dying it, so I thought maybe that's why she used the wig during Thor2.

But if she was going to dye it brunette again anyway, why wait until after Thor2?
Aren't there better things to worry about? LOL

Old 01-09-2013, 10:08 PM   #196
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnbjorn View Post
They are more like a bunch of powerful loners who only get together when things get really ugly.
Yeah, when the threat is too big even for The Avengers, you call in The Defenders.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-09-2013, 10:33 PM   #197
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Yeah, when the threat is too big even for The Avengers, you call in The Defenders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnbjorn View Post
that's pretty awesome sounding haha. Any shows or anything they're in where I could check em out besides comics?

Old 01-10-2013, 05:24 AM   #198
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
that's pretty awesome sounding haha. Any shows or anything they're in where I could check em out besides comics?
Nope. Defenders are old school, and were only (relatively) popular in the 70s and 80s, so they never quite made it to the cartoons/movies/video games stage of popularity. The only place you'll find them is in the comics.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-10-2013, 05:51 AM   #199
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Nope. Defenders are old school, and were only (relatively) popular in the 70s and 80s, so they never quite made it to the cartoons/movies/video games stage of popularity. The only place you'll find them is in the comics.
I like the Annihilators!

Old 01-10-2013, 08:47 AM   #200
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
She can't answer whether Sif spends time on Earth? Curious.
Well that could spoil it lol

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Closed Thread