The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 02:50 AM   #276
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

I'm wondering if Snyder has at least a rough cut of the entire film ready by now; especially given on how we heard reports that he was on it in terms of his schedule when he was filming this thing as though he were going to release it this month. I am confused though since based on what Nolan said, it seems like Snyder is still far from having this thing ready.

Old 12-29-2012, 04:24 AM   #277
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

He must have, to be honest I'm finding it hard to believe its not finished by now but who knows how they've scheduled stuff knowing they have even longer to finish. I would imagine they're working on the 3D conversion now.

Another reason a rough cut is most likely done is the composers need it to score the movie and we know thats happening right now.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 12-29-2012, 07:26 AM   #278
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Again, I'm talking scope not story, and IMO BB was just bigger in comparison. But how can you even compare the movies if you dont remember them?
Exactly. Rust is right. In BB, Ras was attempting to raze the whole of Gotham. Whereas in TDK, Joker attempted to blow up a ferry...

And the point people are making is exactly right The conflicts in TDK were much more personal and thus made it a better film. I fully expect them to go down the same path with Superman-Lex. Parasite/Metallo/whoever simply aren't needed. This is Superman in a world closer in nature to ours, let's explore that. A lot of people posting here seem young. 'Yeah we need a big fight between Superman and [insert b-list villain here] in MOS2!'. No, we don't.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:29 AM   #279
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

Can't believe it's only 5 and a half months away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Exactly. Rust is right. In BB, Ras was attempting to raze the whole of Gotham. Whereas in TDK, Joker attempted to blow up a ferry...

And the point people are making is exactly right The conflicts in TDK were much more personal and thus made it a better film. I fully expect them to go down the same path with Superman-Lex. Parasite/Metallo/whoever simply aren't needed. This is Superman in a world closer in nature to ours, let's explore that. A lot of people posting here seem young. 'Yeah we need a big fight between Superman and [insert b-list villain here] in MOS2!'. No, we don't.
Completely agreed.

Lex is a bigger villain than Zod in a lot of ways. Ra's, like Zod is a big part of how he became the hero and how he learned how much he was willing to do to fight for his 'world'.

But Lex, like the Joker, is an agent of everything the hero stands against and despises. And because of that, they touch a personal nerve, like no other villain does.

I hope they don't miss out on the tension and drama that comes from that arch enemy rivalry.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 12-29-2012, 08:56 AM   #280
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Can't believe it's only 5 and a half months away!

Completely agreed.

Lex is a bigger villain than Zod in a lot of ways. Ra's, like Zod is a big part of how he became the hero and how he learned how much he was willing to do to fight for his 'world'.

But Lex, like the Joker, is an agent of everything the hero stands against and despises. And because of that, they touch a personal nerve, like no other villain does.

I hope they don't miss out on the tension and drama that comes from that arch enemy rivalry.

Indeed; just like how MOS is aiming to show the GA that Superman isn't the corny and seemingly one dimensional character that some make him out to be, the sequel (if it introduces Lex) should aim to show everyone else as well on what a menacing villain Lex can really be when written properly.

Heck, in TDK, the Joker kept pushing Batman to his moral limits; testing to see on how far Batman would go in order to stop him and whether he would deliberately break his "one rule" of not killing his enemies.

Imagine on how Lex could do the same to Superman if Lex was in a position of authority with the government where what he did was considered legal, despite it not being morally correct, thus forcing Superman to choose on whether he'll still abide within the system or rise above it like how his naysayers are accusing him of being capable of in a bad way.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:11 AM   #281
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Im sorry but BB was not bigger than TDK in scale.Ras wanted to destroy Gotham physically,Joker wanted to destroy Gotham soul which ia lot worse.The actual scale of Ras attack only affected Arkhman and those in arkhams vicinity.In TDK all of Gotham was affected in a way,physically or mentally.Joker was abigger threat as he actually succeeded in his plots until the end-Gotham quaked in fear of him-that didnt happen with Ras.Ras attck happened in one night.Joker launched a series of attacks that shook the city to itst core

Old 12-29-2012, 09:16 AM   #282
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I'm wondering if Snyder has at least a rough cut of the entire film ready by now; especially given on how we heard reports that he was on it in terms of his schedule when he was filming this thing as though he were going to release it this month. I am confused though since based on what Nolan said, it seems like Snyder is still far from having this thing ready.
Of course there is a rough cut.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:18 AM   #283
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Of course there is a rough cut.
Well on that note, I wonder when or if we'll start hearing reports (true or false) on ppl claiming to have been invited to see those special screenings of it within the coming weeks/months.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:18 AM   #284
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

I'm pretty sure there's been a (very) rough-cut since not long after they stopped filming.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #285
Alien Anal
Side-Kick

I keep getting this fear that MOS still wont be the Superman movie we have all been waiting for. I worry its going to be really tame and possibly boring. Too serious perhaps.

I dont want this movie to fail at all and do hope its going to be the greatest but i feel like we will sit back a week after seeing it and wish that it was more fun and maybe more like what we would have expected from Synder without any Nolan "involvement"

Check out my Deviant Art file
http://alienanal.deviantart.com/
Old 12-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #286
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Anal View Post
I keep getting this fear that MOS still wont be the Superman movie we have all been waiting for. I worry its going to be really tame and possibly boring. Too serious perhaps.

I dont want this movie to fail at all and do hope its going to be the greatest but i feel like we will sit back a week after seeing it and wish that it was more fun and maybe more like what we would have expected from Synder without any Nolan "involvement"
I seriously doubt it'll be boring, but it might be too self-serious, I agree. But I think I'd like that after the campy Reeve-movies.

But yes, I too hope there'll still be room for a sense of fun, wonder and adventure.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:07 AM   #287
Alien Anal
Side-Kick

My ideal Superman movie would be an "indian jones" type film. If that makes sense

Old 12-29-2012, 10:13 AM   #288
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Anal View Post
My ideal Superman movie would be an "indian jones" type film. If that makes sense
Yeah, well... it does, but I dont want an Indiana Jones-Superman.

Saw Incredibles again today. Brad Bird could've made the ultimate Superman-adventure. It might've been too close to something like IM or THOR, but still.

I'm still very grateful for the serious mature approach we ARE getting. It'll just hit much deeper and will be a more memorable experience.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #289
Alien Anal
Side-Kick

Thor felt like an expensive tv movie to me. I think B.B would do something a lot greater than either IM or Thor.. and by that i mean Yes i think B.B would have made a pretty solid and fun Superman movie.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:26 AM   #290
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

He would've. And way better than IM and THOR indeed.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:48 AM   #291
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
Im sorry but BB was not bigger than TDK in scale.Ras wanted to destroy Gotham physically,Joker wanted to destroy Gotham soul which ia lot worse.The actual scale of Ras attack only affected Arkhman and those in arkhams vicinity.In TDK all of Gotham was affected in a way,physically or mentally.Joker was abigger threat as he actually succeeded in his plots until the end-Gotham quaked in fear of him-that didnt happen with Ras.Ras attck happened in one night.Joker launched a series of attacks that shook the city to itst core
I think we are talking about scale in terms of physicality though. Specifically, with Superman (as with The Avengers) people are wondering how you go 'bigger' than an alien invasion with tonnes of action.

And all we are saying, which you basically agree with, is that just because something is smaller on a physical scale, doesn't mean it can't be bigger in other ways - how it affects people, how it affects the hero and how far down the rabbit hole they go with it.

I agree, what the Joker did to Gotham was much worse. But that's why I believe Lex has the potential to shake Superman/Metropolis up just as much.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 12-29-2012, 11:07 AM   #292
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

To up the ante in the sequel they don't necessarily need to up the scale. They are giving us alien and robot invasion in MOS and we will probably get even more "out there" stuff in JL. So why not go for an even more personal and down to earth Superman story in MOS 2? A Lex that really messes with Superman's self image, and breaks him psychologically. They can still incorporate some of the action hero Superman that so many craves by having a Metallo or a Parasite as a side villain. Or even Lex in a battle suit.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 5. The Avengers
6. The Dark Knight Rises | 7. X2 | 8. Spider-Man 2 | 9. Batman Returns | 10. Iron Man 3
Old 12-29-2012, 11:32 AM   #293
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
To up the ante in the sequel they don't necessarily need to up the scale. They are giving us alien and robot invasion in MOS and we will probably get even more "out there" stuff in JL. So why not go for an even more personal and down to earth Superman story in MOS 2? A Lex that really messes with Superman's self image, and breaks him psychologically. They can still incorporate some of the action hero Superman that so many craves by having a Metallo or a Parasite as a side villain. Or even Lex in a battle suit.
Yup, that's exactly what I'm saying

*\S/T*
Old 12-29-2012, 12:51 PM   #294
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

For those worried that MOS will be too self-serious, I think this is a good quote to revisit from Zack Snyder:

Quote:
"I was just incredibly fortunate to play with those guys who really were giving all they had to bring a level of commitment to the scenes they have together so that audiences will get an opportunity to really have their heroes taken seriously," he said. "As serious as I was taking it, and I don't mean that from a depressing kind of way but from a, 'This is important and fun and needs to be given the respect that it deserves,' from that perspective it was so exciting to watch them drink the Kool-Aid of that concept and go all the way."
That is the right mindset IMO. It should be taken seriously because it is fun and wholesome. The masses need to be reminded why Superman is the king.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 12-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #295
Vagosnati
Vag-El

the competion is too high for the movie.they have to beat this.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 12-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #296
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Again, I'm talking scope not story, and IMO BB was just bigger in comparison. But how can you even compare the movies if you dont remember them?
All right, we'll have to agree to disagree on the scope. I thought everything about TDK felt bigger than BB but if you don't that's cool.

I remember parts of BB's action scenes. The car chase scene is the one I remember least well. Rachel's freaking out in the seat next to him, they drive through a waterfall, he cuts some lights to evade the police, he smashes through some cop cars, I think he drives on a rooftop at one point. All good stuff, but it doesn't top his trying to stop the Joker from killing Harvey, getting the tumbler destroyed and flipping the Joker's truck.

Old 12-29-2012, 05:08 PM   #297
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
All right, we'll have to agree to disagree on the scope. I thought everything about TDK felt bigger than BB but if you don't that's cool.

I remember parts of BB's action scenes. The car chase scene is the one I remember least well. Rachel's freaking out in the seat next to him, they drive through a waterfall, he cuts some lights to evade the police, he smashes through some cop cars, I think he drives on a rooftop at one point. All good stuff, but it doesn't top his trying to stop the Joker from killing Harvey, getting the tumbler destroyed and flipping the Joker's truck.
I think we're just talking about two different scopes then. I'm speaking visually and physically and you're talking mostly emotionally and personally it sounds like. And then I agree with you. TDK was a much bigger film emotionally and personally.

Old 12-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #298
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

This film is going to be ****ing awesome, i can feel it.

Old 12-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #299
Doc Ock
The Desolation of Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
This film is going to be ****ing awesome, i can feel it.
I'm nervous about it, but I have much hope as well.

A Member of Raimi's "Spider-Man Trilogy" Fans | YOU MUST WATCH DOCTOR WHO | Love Smallville | I still believe in heroes Marvel Studios.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #300
Doc Ock
The Desolation of Spidey

Quote:
Yeah, well... it does, but I dont want an Indiana Jones-Superman.

Saw Incredibles again today. Brad Bird could've made the ultimate Superman-adventure. It might've been too close to something like IM or THOR, but still.

I'm still very grateful for the serious mature approach we ARE getting. It'll just hit much deeper and will be a more memorable experience.
The Incredibles makes me sigh every time I even hear another about it, because of how great a superhero film it is. Feels like it could be a substitute for a Superman world.

A Member of Raimi's "Spider-Man Trilogy" Fans | YOU MUST WATCH DOCTOR WHO | Love Smallville | I still believe in heroes Marvel Studios.
Closed Thread