The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 10:34 PM   #476
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Oh yeah, wasn't WB one of those movie studios that sat out SDCC last year? And they were certainly there to promote MoS (and Pacific Rim) this year, so hopefully that's a sign of things to come.
I really didn't like the teaser all that much, and really didn't care for the 2nd poster. The teaser poster was just average.

The trailer however, was really really good. The viral leading up to the trailer for the fans was a nice touch as well. If they stay that route, should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I agree, 90% of the time I don't think these films need Superbowl spots but WB needs to go all out with this movie.

Superman is a forgotten icon who is coming off of a tepidly received film and is seen as uncool and outdated by a large portion of people, he needs all the help he can get. I loved the trailer but WB needs to cut an action packed trailer that makes Superman look badass and cool for the 90mil people that are going to be watching the game.
Absolutely. Did you see what Monsters University did today? Viral college recruitment video with the Rose Bowl. It was pretty slick.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:35 PM   #477
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

yeah, it's a brand new year.

time to step up the marketing for MOS.

it's time to release more pictures. magazine covers and articles. more viral marketing.

heck, I went to 2 blockbuster WB films last year, TDKR and Hobbit. NEITHER ONE OF THEM SHOWED THE MOS TEASER/TRAILER!!

maybe that was just my bad luck. but that should have been a mandate by WB to make sure the MOS teaser/trailer gets shown with every screening of TDK and Hobbit.

I agree that an action packed Superbowl spot/trailer would be awesome and go along way to increasing exposure for this film. and your target audience for that event are the people you want to get excited for MOS.

plus, it's just begging for some kind of connection. SUPERbowl and SUPERman.

it's almost so logical that it seems like something WB would mess up.......lol

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 01-02-2013, 01:15 AM   #478
Astrodust
Side-Kick

A Superbowl spot would be great to raise more awareness for Man of Steel and keep the anticipation going. It obviously can't save a bad movie in this day and age of social media. However for good ones, it can keep them in the audiences radar, which is important in the competitive summer season. I want to see an action trailer if they do do a Superbowl spot.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:20 AM   #479
That person
Bull Moose

I don't think there is much of a single target audience for the Super Bowl. That's part of the reason advertisers love it; you can reach damn near anybody. Let's hope WB can sieze that opportunity. I wanna squee even louder than I did at the Captain America ad.

"Theodore Roosevelt, Jr., nicknamed "Teddy" or "TR", was born October 27, 1858 in New York City. As a young child, he was often sick and was stricken with asthma. Viewing this as a challenge, he proceeded to beat his asthma to death."- Cracked
Old 01-02-2013, 04:29 AM   #480
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
yeah, it's a brand new year.

time to step up the marketing for MOS.

it's time to release more pictures. magazine covers and articles. more viral marketing.

heck, I went to 2 blockbuster WB films last year, TDKR and Hobbit. NEITHER ONE OF THEM SHOWED THE MOS TEASER/TRAILER!!

maybe that was just my bad luck. but that should have been a mandate by WB to make sure the MOS teaser/trailer gets shown with every screening of TDK and Hobbit.

I agree that an action packed Superbowl spot/trailer would be awesome and go along way to increasing exposure for this film. and your target audience for that event are the people you want to get excited for MOS.

plus, it's just begging for some kind of connection. SUPERbowl and SUPERman.

it's almost so logical that it seems like something WB would mess up.......lol
Wow really? I got the teaser with Rises but like you nothing with the Hobbit. I don't know why but in confident if a Superbowl spot but not that confident if we do it will feature much if any new footage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
And it wouldn't hurt if they placed the much anticipated super punch that people have been wanting to see Superman throw in that Potential Superbowl TV Spot as well.

I'm also wondering on when we can actually get our first in depth article regarding film, going over some plot points and talking about the production process of the film itself like other comic book films have done in their articles.
That would be the perfect opportunity to show him punching someone or something (a robot?).

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME

Last edited by BH/HHH; 01-02-2013 at 04:33 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:32 AM   #481
Vagosnati
Vag-El

I dont think it needs so many advertising..World knows that Man Of Steel is comming,even in the smallest hole on the planet.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:53 AM   #482
rc1980
Side-Kick

I saw TDKR twice
and now the Hobbit Twice

no man of steel trailers on any of the sceenings

which i find appauling

Old 01-02-2013, 09:39 AM   #483
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

I too didn't get a MOS trailer with The Hobbit. Just bizarre that they would not capitalize on the opportunity.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #484
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagosnati View Post
I dont think it needs so many advertising..World knows that Man Of Steel is comming,even in the smallest hole on the planet.
Do they?

Old 01-02-2013, 10:17 AM   #485
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
The are very behind, and still don't seem to have any sort of plan.
Which is ridiculous really, they should hire someone to be in charge of the DC co ice property's they're sitting in a good mine.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:55 AM   #486
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
I don't think anyone wants that although it would be hilarious if they did that stuff in a modern Superman movie
Maybe on Robot Chicken lol.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Old 01-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #487
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Which is ridiculous really, they should hire someone to be in charge of the DC co ice property's they're sitting in a good mine.
*Shrugs* I'll do it!

Old 01-02-2013, 11:58 AM   #488
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Remember that DC Summit and the invention of DC Entertainment. How's that working out?

Old 01-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #489
protocida
Side-Kick

WB doesn't do Superbowl TV Spots.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #490
DarkKnight FTW
Lantern Honor Guard

DC Entertainment will be behind until the power struggle at WB is over

CBM: BatLantern28
Twitter: Illusive_Man_1
XBL: DarkKnight FTW
Old 01-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #491
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

just curious.........but did the character of John Carter have any influence on the creation of Superman?

I finally got around to watching that John Carter movie, and it actually wasn't that bad. I actually enjoyed the story; I know I've seen much worse.

when Carter wakes up on Mars and learns he can leap great distances and has super strength (due to the lower gravity and his denser body structure), I immediately thought of the earliest incarnations of Superman.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 01-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #492
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
They did for Batman Begins, I think Man of Steel needs the exposure

Old 01-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #493
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
Well, WB needs to do something! They don't have Batman and Harry Potter anymore. The Hobbit is probably the biggest thing they are related with right now, but the gotta get another superhero franchise going!

Old 01-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #494
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."

My guess is they will include a trailer for the Superbowl. I was totally shocked when they had that BatmanBegins trailer during the SB. I think it would only be fitting that Supermans new reboot and origin film should get a Superbowl trailer too.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #495
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Quote:
just curious.........but did the character of John Carter have any influence on the creation of Superman?

I finally got around to watching that John Carter movie, and it actually wasn't that bad. I actually enjoyed the story; I know I've seen much worse.

when Carter wakes up on Mars and learns he can leap great distances and has super strength (due to the lower gravity and his denser body structure), I immediately thought of the earliest incarnations of Superman.
Yes the character of John Carter was an influence on not just Superman but Star Wars as well.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 01-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #496
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:

John Carter wasn't a bad film really. It had a good story and visual effects. However, Taylor Kitsch or whatever his name is a one dimensional actor and expresses emotions like Tatum He somewhat ruined it for me.

Plus, I didn't feel like they showed the range of his powers good enough. I mean his jumping around was fine, but as far as super strength it was barely shown to my recollection. I would have like to see more feats of strength

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Old 01-03-2013, 07:25 AM   #497
Project862006
Banned User

yes superman was based on john carter

Old 01-03-2013, 07:33 AM   #498
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

So, anyone have any educated guesses on when we could potentially get MOS on a Magazine Cover with potentially new photos and info inside of it?

Old 01-03-2013, 07:33 AM   #499
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
yes superman was based on john carter
John Carter influenced the creation of Superman - as did Flash Gordon, Hugo Danner and other pulp characters.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:33 AM   #500
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
So, anyone have any educated guesses on when we could potentially get MOS on a Magazine Cover with potentially new photos and info inside of it?
EW shoulda done something by now, no? Next issue? Empire I guess in march or april, but I really have no idea. I dont know how much up front the mags are tbh.