The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #551
Mike22
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Black View Post
Have to say I'm a bit of a stickler for hair too lol. I don't necessarily care for the spit curl, but I want Superman to have a cooler modern look, always have. To me he looks like he could throw on a leather jacket and be a stand in for the Fonz, "Heeeeeeyyyy"

I'm sure it will look better in the movie, I hope so, but just a small pet peeve.
Yeah, I mean it's not like it's gonna stop me from enjoying the movie but it will definitely annoy me, because here we have a guy that looks like he stepped right out the comic-book pages, big and muscular, pretty damn good costume and yet the hair looks like something the Dean Cain Superman had, it's pretty annoying that they could get such a small thing wrong.
I was honestly expecting Jim Lee Superman when it came to the hair, a little styled up yet messy at the same time.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #552
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

I actually don't care for the attempts to give Superman a more modern hairstyle. It always ends up being this spiked up looking male model bs. A lot of people don't do anything in particular to their hair, they just keep it clean and comb it. I'd prefer Superman be one of these people rather than give him something that in my opinion is trying too hard to make him modern, along the lines of Superman looking like Fabio and Clark Kent sporting a ponytail back in the 90s

Old 01-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #553
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

^^ Up in the sky it's a bird, no it's a plane, no it's....I can't believe it's not botter! LOL

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Old 01-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #554
Mike22
Side-Kick

I was thinking something like this. Just a quick something, no time to perfect it. Amazing what a slight change of hair can do.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:03 PM   #555
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

I was never a fan of this suit, although the cape and S logo are awesome, but I don't get why they went so dark again. It's just weird.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:07 PM   #556
Mike22
Side-Kick

A good bet would be that they didn't want it looking to cartoony.
Darker just has a more serious vibe to it, not that I agree with what they did here.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:07 PM   #557
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike22 View Post
I was thinking something like this. Just a quick something, no time to perfect it. Amazing what a slight change of hair can do.
Don't like this hair. lol It's fine the way it is, at least to me. *shrugs*

Old 01-04-2013, 03:09 PM   #558
Mike22
Side-Kick

it's cool, we all have our personal choices, but I actually find it distracting that his hair is the way it is, just doesn't look...right, imo.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #559
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

I think his hair is fine the way it is.

Wonder Gal | Cav-El | Batfleck | #TrustSnyder
Old 01-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #560
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Awesome pic, love it, it's nice to have something new. Next a shot of Zod please

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 01-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #561
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:

Old 01-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #562
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Unfortunately, that would require a different hair line and different hair type... or a wig.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #563
lixdexia
Blood Angels

the suit looks like it was made out of dodgeballs in that pic

dictated, not read.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #564
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Or a wig.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #565
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixdexia View Post
the suit looks like it was made out of dodgeballs in that pic
Yeah. I don't know why everyone is so against normal cloth these days. Don't get me started on Batman's suits...

Old 01-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #566
theShape
Creature of Darkness

It's not the suit that's too dark, it's the color filter they've applied to the film.

Also, in defense of this shot, the sunlight seems to be behind him which might be the reason for the dark colors on the front of the suit. Still, I agree that it needs to be brightened up a bit.

michael1975 on Superman/Batman movie -

"I no longer care. I am so utterly disappointed it's not even funny. When movie comes out and his horrible I'm going to come back here and laugh and say "I told you so"."
Old 01-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #567
Mig-El
Side-Kick

His face is pale, and yet the suit is still dark.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #568
Kirmit
Big Green Machine.

What I don't understand is they've given him this huge but perfect 'S' symbol but they're drowning it out so it's nearly invisible in these dark colours (the filter).

Old 01-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #569
jacobed
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
Yeah. I don't know why everyone is so against normal cloth these days. Don't get me started on Batman's suits...
Because cloth looks awful

Old 01-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #570
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
+1

Old 01-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #571
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
A good bet would be that they didn't want it looking to cartoony.
Darker just has a more serious vibe to it, not that I agree with what they did here.
I think bright and colorful is possible without looking cartoony. It can actually be majestic.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #572
lixdexia
Blood Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
no worse than this voit ball suit.

dictated, not read.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #573
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Damn, Supes looks intense in that shot.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #574
Zionite1
Side-Kick

I am of 2 minds on the Darker colors.One on hand it gives a bleak feeling and drown out certain aspects of the costume.On the other hand those colors give the costume a fleschier esque vibe which I love and makes the suit less cartoony.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #575
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
This , either he can wear a wig or they can style his hair different. The slick comb back look just doesn't work with his mature hair line IMO. If his hairline continues and transitions into a receding hair line then he will be wearing a wig, by the third or fourth film.

Honestly though it's not his hairline that is the problem, it's the way they have it styled going back and parted on that side. They easily could have straightened Cavill's naturally curly hair to resemble this.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)

Last edited by Midnight Black; 01-04-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Closed Thread